April 18, 2024, 11:04:43 PM

Poll

how much of a part should they play?

start
half time subs
last 30 min
last 15 min
not even on d bench

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs England Game (01-Jun-2008).  (Read 287006 times)

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Questions over Soca Warriors
« Reply #2460 on: June 04, 2008, 11:03:19 AM »
roberts is shit ,and d team have a gay man on it what trinidad coming too..
bajanscout

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
Re: Questions over Soca Warriors
« Reply #2461 on: June 04, 2008, 11:05:52 AM »
roberts is shit ,and d team have a gay man on it what trinidad coming too..

Someone keeps forgetting to flush >:(
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TnT v. England Replay on Setanta tonight at 6 pm
« Reply #2462 on: June 04, 2008, 03:42:45 PM »
Coming on in another 15 mins for those who missed it or want to record it.

Mods feel free to delete this (or I will myself) later on.

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TnT v. England Replay on Setanta tonight at 6 pm
« Reply #2463 on: June 04, 2008, 03:44:47 PM »
you sure boy?
i seein 8pm
but its on at either or for sure

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: What happen to everybody wearin' black??
« Reply #2464 on: June 04, 2008, 05:30:27 PM »
Jokey ting !!!!!!!! T&T ppl is real nonchalant uncommitted folks.  how did i know this would've been the case. stuepss

it was stated early on this is our own thing

i will handle the process but is midknight slogan...i not gonna rain on he parade

Still doing the reading up. It look like i will have to designate a agent since i all the way over here, but I have a doubt. Assuming that Soca Warriors already registered as a trade mark, can we register a slogan with the term Soca Warriors in it? We may have to keep it to simply "warriors" to be able to get it done. Someone would have to go through the trade mark register and check that for me.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What happen to everybody wearin' black??
« Reply #2465 on: June 04, 2008, 07:35:33 PM »
Jokey ting !!!!!!!! T&T ppl is real nonchalant uncommitted folks.  how did i know this would've been the case. stuepss

it was stated early on this is our own thing

i will handle the process but is midknight slogan...i not gonna rain on he parade

Still doing the reading up. It look like i will have to designate a agent since i all the way over here, but I have a doubt. Assuming that Soca Warriors already registered as a trade mark, can we register a slogan with the term Soca Warriors in it? We may have to keep it to simply "warriors" to be able to get it done. Someone would have to go through the trade mark register and check that for me.

You would want to register the "We support all Soca Warriors..." thing.

Don't believe you need an agent...but you need provide an address where they can send you some letter or the other.  Not sure if the address needs to be local, but didn't seem to be from how I read it.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs England Game (01-Jun-2008).
« Reply #2466 on: June 05, 2008, 10:29:39 AM »
Ummm...yeah...I was there...laterz.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Giggsy's Chestwig

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: June 05, 2008, 11:50:11 AM »

to me we played more attacking football than in nuremberg , and we knocked the ball better and held possesion much longer.

Take off your red tinted spectacles.

England went two nil up within the first 15 minutes without breaking sweat. Playing a more open game was part of T&Ts problem. In 2006 they were compact and didn't give too much away until the very end. On Sunday they woefully open and as a result, England waltzed through without doing much during the first hafl. End result? 2-0 down at half time.

I take it you were not at the game because it was just wayward pass after wayward pass from midfield whilst England sat back and collected whatever scraps were left. When Defoe made it 3-0 it was game over and England just sat back and played for time. By holding possession I suppose you mean the defence passing to midfield and then midfield knocking it back to the defence? What game were you watching?

Trinidad had one shot on target.

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Eng VS TT repeat of the game on right now on Channel 4!!!
« Reply #2468 on: June 07, 2008, 12:42:19 PM »
Hey people, i just happened to changed the channel and seeing a repeat of the June 1 game on channel 4.

:beermug:

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Eng VS TT repeat of the game on right now on Channel 4!!!
« Reply #2469 on: June 07, 2008, 12:46:52 PM »
hmmm let's see...

Euro 2008 Portugal vs Turkey or Fete Match T&T losing to England...

Tough choice.

Anyway, that is why they invent the video recorder
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: June 07, 2008, 01:20:12 PM »
hmmm let's see...

Euro 2008 Portugal vs Turkey or Fete Match T&T losing to England...

Tough choice.

Anyway, that is why they invent the video recorder

ok fella, yuh make yuh point

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: June 07, 2008, 01:34:16 PM »
somebody - where could I find the WCQ schedule for 2008 on this site?

Offline Giggsy's Chestwig

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: June 07, 2008, 03:38:35 PM »
Fete Match T&T losing to England...

I thought it was a 'revenge' match.

:rotfl:

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
Hyland's spanner against Gerrard ?
« Reply #2473 on: June 11, 2008, 09:31:46 AM »
Anybody know if it on Youtube or any other video site?
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Why can't we move forward ?
« Reply #2474 on: June 11, 2008, 08:53:23 PM »
The England game was a good yardstick as to where we are. Two years ago exactly, we were competing against the best England had to offer and matching them step for step.It took a "foul goal" from Crouch in the 82nd minute of the game to break the deadlock.....indeed we could have been 1 - 0 at half time if was'nt for the heroics of John Terry.
The British commentators did'nt sound so cocky then as they did a few Sundays ago as their team missing several key players stroll to a comfortable 3 -0 win.

This has led me to reflect and ask a few questions ?

1. Do we have to go backwards before we can move forward ? Must be a third world thing or better yet a trini ting.

2. Do we have to do things in approx 16 yr periods ? 73,89,05

3. Must there be bacchanal in every area and aspect of our football ?

4. Must we self disrupt for one man to prove his point ?

5. Can football be run as a collective association and not a one man show ? Dom Basil, Eric James, Jack Warner

6. Why can't people at the top think country before self? 

It is very disheartening as a trini to see us shooting ourselves in the foot just before our first World Cup qualifiers.If we don't take stock like everything else it would come back to haunt us.

As I said on the old board, I don't blame Jack Warner or his cronies totally for the state of dispair our football is in.
There is a constitution and if the football fraternity will allow a few people to railroad the constitution and get away with it ,they are the ones to be held more accountable for where we are today.

Probable they don't know the power they have ?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 08:15:30 AM by royal »

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Why can't we move forward ?
« Reply #2475 on: June 15, 2008, 06:46:41 PM »
Hope,Hyland doh suffer de same fate as Yorke and Latas,reaching de world cup in the twilight of his career.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: August 16, 2008, 06:34:58 PM »
Just watch these highlights again, we play real shyte boy whey sah. We 2 center back were null and void, doh talk about the full backs.....lawd fadder. Where the mids were? My gosh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68EBFTvepts&feature=related

sorry
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: August 16, 2008, 06:48:29 PM »
Just watch these highlights again, we play real shyte boy whey sah. We 2 center back were null and void, doh talk about the full backs.....lawd fadder. Where the mids were? My gosh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68EBFTvepts&feature=related

sorry

You had to do that to me dread?

Farda, the referee was doing the most amount of closing down for us...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: October 30, 2009, 07:21:38 PM »

Full-time Final whistle goes here and England seal comfortable win. Thanks for joining me tonight and stay tuned for all the reaction.

90 mins - Added time Three minutes added on here.

90 mins - Better from Young Nice try from the Villa man as he fires in a shot from the edge of the box but Ince is across well to make the save. Late corner for England, Bentley takes by Crouch heads over.

90 mins - Late chance Another nice cross from Bentley finds Crouch in the box but his header loops safely to Ince.

88 mins - Close for T & T Best chance of the match falls for Whitley as Edwards finds him in the box - but he sides foots the ball over the top. Could have been the goal the home fans are craving.

87 mins - Missed chance Walcott breaks clear as Lawrence misses the ball but he fires poorly at Ince, who cannot take it cleanly as Crouch comes in but he just manages to get a touch on the ball. Walcott should have scored.

84 mins - Change Another debutant with Stephen Warnock replacing Bridge.

83 mins - Walcott close A long ball over the top almost see Walcott in the clear but Ince is off his line very quickly to head the ball clear.

79 mins - Little impact Ashley Young gets his first chance to attack and he is one on one with Smith on the edge of the box but the full-back gets the tackle in - poor from the Aston Villa man. Saying that not many of the subs have shone so far.

76 mins - Change T & T legend Dwight Yorke comes on for a farewell appearance.

74 mins - Change John is off for T & T and Jerrol Forbes comes on.

72 mins - Sloppy England are not playing great at the moment with slack passing all over the field and Fabio Capello doesnt look too amused.

70 mins - Change Walcott finally gets his second cap as he replaces Defoe - who should have had his hat-trick tonight.

69 mins - Over and out John works the ball to Daniel on the edge of the box but it is a poor effort and sails wide.

68 mins - Hart concern Hart this time comes to punch but he again misses it and he will be very relieved to see his team-mates scramble it clear.

67 mins - Hart scare Hart comes for a cross but misses and T & T look for goal but this time Jagielka clears behind for another corner.

67 mins - Home pressure The second half has seen T & T do much better and Jagielka heads behind for a corner but it is poor and England clear.

63 mins - Solid Good defensive work from Crouch as he heads away a T & T corner. Game has slowed down a lot here, all the changes seem to have changed the pace of the game.

62 mins - Crouch debate Well Crouch's introduction is not very popular in Port of Spain or on the feedbacks. Jeff Patrick wants to see Walcott and not Crouch.

60 mins - Almost Crouch sprays the ball across field for Bentley whose cross come shot from outside the box almost beats Ince but it flys just wide.

58 mins - Great stop Lovely move by England with Gerrard and Crouch combining, Deofe plays it in for his strike-partner whose shot is well parried by Ince. Corner for England which Bentley takes but the home side clear.

57 mins - Change Another sub for England this time with Downing making way for Ashley Young.

54 mins - Hat-trick chance Real opportunity for Defoe as Crouch plays the ball into Gerrard - he dummies it for Defoe but he toe-pokes it wide. He should have done better.

53 mins - Hart in the mouth Joe Hart scrambles across his goal as Hyland unleashes a shot but the Man City star sees it wide.

51 mins - Bentley into gear More good work from Bentley as he looks to feed Gerrard in the box but his shot is well wide.

50 mins - Close It could have been more as Defoe fires wide from the edge of the area - half a chance for his hat-trick.

49 mins - GOAL Number two for Defoe. Great ball from Bentley down the right, he crosses into box and Smith's header can only find Defoe - who side foots home with ease.

48 mins - Boos ring out Crouch is being booed by the home fans whenever he touches the ball - they remember is World Cup goal which came courtesy of a little tug of the hair on Brent Sancho!

47 mins - Home possession For the first time in the game we see some sustained T & T pressure although it does not come to much with Jagielka getting his first touches at the back.

46 mins - Bad news Early news suggests knee ligament damage for Sunderland's Kenwyne Jones - could be really bad news for the striker and his manager Roy Keane.

Kick-off T & T get us underway.

Debuts Well we have a host of changes coming up for England. Crouch and Bentley come on, whilst Joe Hart and Phil Jagielka are going to make their debuts. Ferdinand, James, Beckham and Ashton make way. Kareem Smith and Osei Telesford come on for T & T, Cupid and Roberts are off.

Confidence Well we are getting a few feed backs from some natives in T & T - Gerard Krogh in Trinidad is hopeful it can be turned around.

Half-time The whistle has gone here and it is 2-0 to England. Please dont forget to keep sending your feedbacks. Graeme Bailey - graemebailey@hotmail.com

45 mins - Added time One minute has been added on here as both sides look ready for the break.

43 mins - Too good Long ball releases Defoe down the left and he takes the ball in and Lawrence can only take his legs away - too easy for the Pompey man. Beckham steps up to curl it in but Ince takes it with ease.

42 mins - Good move Downing comes inside and is fed by Ashton, and he fires a shot with his right-foot which Ince takes at the second-attempt.

41 mins - Flash from home side Bridge gives the ball away cheaply to Edwards, he plays in Roberts who crosses into six-yard box and Ferdinand has to head clear - better from the home side.

39 mins - Home noise Crowd are on their feet as John looked to have got in behind the English defence before firing at goal - but the linesman has his flag up.

37 mins - Ashton chance Keep ball stuff from England and the ball comes for Beckham, he crosses into box for Ashton - who is free about eight yards out but he volleys over the bar when he really should have tested Ince.

35 mins - More pressure England win corner again on the left. Beckham is there to take but Hyland clears with his head.

34 mins - Awful effort Defoe brings the ball down in box, lobs it over Cupid and then fires over by about 20ft whne just on the edge of the six-yard box.

33 mins - Nice move Best chance for the home side as Daniel skips past Glen Johnson and crosses, John dummies it for Edwards who tees up Roberts to shoot at goal but James take it - nice move.

32 mins - England break Barry wins the ball in midfield and is almost clear but he is halted by a great tackle from Hislop who surely denies a likely goal for England who had numbers streaming forward.

30 mins - Booked Gerrard is booked for foul on Hyland who produced some great skill to go by him. Free-kick on the edge of taken by Edwards but it comes to nothing.

29 mins - Rio okay Ferdinand is back on after some treatment and seems okay. Play continues with T & T spending a decent amount of time in the England half.

27 mins - Home hope Daniel swings in the corner and it almost drops for Roberts in six-yard box but England manage to scramble it clear. Ferdinand is down after being caught in melee.

26 mins - T & T chance Free-kick given against Steven Gerrard for foul on Hyland - but very harsh on Liverpool skipper. Edwards and Daniel are over it, the Sunderland man takes and it is deflected behind for a corner.

24 mins - Safe hands Bridge beats Edwards too the ball and plays in Defoe, Makan Hislop backs off which allows the Pompey ace to fire at goal but Ince does well to take it - but he is not happy with Hislop and lets him know about it.

22 mins - T & T hope Well not much on the pitch, but Adanma Raymond on line in Trinidad has not given up hope and still thinks the SocaWarriors can get something from this!

21 mins - Rare attack T & T push forward and Keon Daniel crosses into the box for Stern John but Jonathan Woodgate heads away with ease.

19 mins - Corner First corner is won by Downing off Cupid. Beckham takes but Aurtis Whitley clears at the near post.

17 mins - Poor stuff The home side really are being pulled all over - Carlos Edwards made one attempt to break forward, but Ferdinand snubbed out the attack and England are back on the break as Downing looks for Ashton but a late tackle from Denis Lawrence denies him.

15 mins - GOAL Well this is very easy for England now. Down the left again as Downing threads through Defoe who takes the ball on before toe-poking it home.

15 mins - No love for Cupid T & Ts right back Cuipd is having a really tough time against Bridge and Downing who are beating him at will.

Reaction Well little shock that you all think England are going to win now. Couple of mentions, one to Kevin Lloyd from Walsall who is wishing Clayton Ince all the best in goal for T & T - while Conor Murphy is following us one line whilst in the Turks and Caicos Islands.

12 mins - GOAL No real shock as England take the lead through Gareth Barry. Nice move down the left saw Bridge released nto the box from a Downing pass, and he hooked it back for Barry to power the ball home.

11 mins - Change Jones cannot shake off his knee injury so Darryl Roberts of Sparta Rotterdam comes on.

10 mins - T & T hope Some nice play from the home side with Khaleem Hyland doing well in central midfield.

9 mins - Jones off Jones is stretched off and it looks doubtful that he will come back on.

7 mins - Calamity James Rio Ferdinand lets a long ball drop - but James comes racing off his line and he only manages to catch Kenwyne Jones - who is down hurt after a tough looking challenge and he looks as if he could come off. Very lucky for the England number one that he did not concede and that a foul was not given.

6 mins - So close Jermain Defoe is so close to giving England the lead. Beckham swung a trademark cross into the six-yard box but the Portsmouth striker just cannot get enough on it and it goes wide.

5 mins - Ashton confidence The West Ham striker tries his luck from 25-yards but it is well over - but positive from the debutant.

4 mins - Beckham chance England free-kick on the edge of the box and it looks like perfect range for Beckham but he cannot beat the wall.

3 mins - First Shot Our first attempt comes from the home side as Carlos Edwards tries his luck from the edge of the box but Gareth Barry blocks and David James claims it.

2 mins - Clearance Kern Cupid is forced to clear early on as David Beckham looks for Dean Ashton in the box.

1 min - Early possession England have all the early touches with nice moves from Stewart Downing and Wayne Bridge. England looking to pass the ball around here.

Kick-off England get us underway here as Dean Ashton gets his first touch of the ball as an international player.

Anthems Both sides are out and shaking hands with the local dignitaries - we are just minutes away from kick-off now.

First feedbacks Well your comments have been flooding in and most of you want the youngsters bringing in.

Roy in Florida wants David Bentley to see some action, Steve Baines from Milton Keynes thinks Theo Walcott, Joe Hart, Dean Ashton and David Wheater should all be playing. Cameron Reid also wants to see Walcott.

And Natalie Calladine is very much on her own as she thinks the old guard like David James should be playing.

On the prediction front, JJ Flynn from Portsmouth is going for 3-1 England, Daniel Kiddle of Maidenhead says 4-1, Jermaine Parchment from Jamaica feels it will be 2-1 to the visitors and Scott Thompson in Canada thinks 2-0 England.

Please keep your feedbacks coming - Graeme Bailey - graemebailey@hotmail.com

Team News Dean Ashton has won his first-ever England cap with a start up-front with Jermain Defoe as Fabio Capello goes for a 4-4-2 formation.

England: David James, Glen Johnson, Wayne Bridge, Gareth Barry, Rio Ferdinand, Jonathan Woodgate, David Beckham (c), Stewart Downing, Dean Ashton, Steven Gerrard, Jermain Defoe

Substitutes: Joe Hart, Stephen Warnock, David Wheater, Phil Jagielka, David Bentley, Ashley Young, Tom Huddlestone, Peter Crouch, Theo Walcott, Gabriel Agbonlahor, Joe Lewis

Trinidad and Tobago: Ince, Cupid, Lawrence, Hislop, Farrier, Edwards, Hyland, Whitley, Daniel, John, Jones. Subs: Phillip, Roberts, Telesford, Smith, Adams, Guerra, Tinto, Yorke.

Importance Well the final friendly of the season will see David Beckham captain England. But how important is this game?

Should Fabio Capello stick with his experienced players like Beckham, Steven Gerrard and David James? or is it time for the likes of David Bentley and Ashley Young to feature and what about debutants such as Joe Hart, David Wheater and Dean Ashton?

Let me know your thoughts throughout the game and I will post as many of your comments as I can - Graeme Bailey - graemebailey@hotmail.com

Also let me have your predictions before kick-off? Will England seal an easy win or will Trinidad and Tobago cause a shock with the likes of Sunderland's Kenwyne Jones looking to make an impact.

Welcome to skysports.com's live coverage of England's final match of the season as they face Trinidad and Tobago in Port of Spain.

A capacity crowd of nearly 30,000 will pack out the Hasely Crawford Stadium for the game which is marking the 100th anniversary of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
I played against England last night
« Reply #2479 on: July 30, 2010, 03:51:31 AM »
Last night I played in a WC qualifier for TT vs. England. I played right back and we drew 1-1 at the HCS.

Of course it was a dream. However, what shocked me was how real it felt. The tension, the joy and pride of representing your country. We went up 1-0 via a header to the far right post.

A minute later Eng. drew a soft shot at the top of the box, low just inside the left post.
I was closest to it :-(
We celebrated like mad men when we scored and  I think just got nervous with the lead.

Pong dem hard in the last two minutes but it was 1-1.
felt a little sad about it the next day becz the return in Eng. would be tough but was still proud to have repped TT ;-)

Yes, I know TT and Eng. not in the same zone but it was a dream ;-))

All yuh ever had a dream like that.

My ex Dunross and Fatima classmate, Colin Browne, played defense with me.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 04:32:21 AM by vb »
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: I played against England last night
« Reply #2480 on: July 30, 2010, 04:24:53 AM »
Last night I played in a WC qualifier for TT vs. England. I played right back and we drew 1-1 at the HCS.

Of course it was a dream. However, what shocked me was how real it felt. The tension, the joy and pride of representing your country. We went up 1-0 via a header to the far right post.

A minute later Eng. drew a soft shot at the top of the box, low just inside the left post.
I was closest to it :-(
We celebrated like mad men when we scored and  I think just got nervous with the lead.

Pong dem hard in the last two minutes but it was 1-1.
felt a little sad about it the next day becz the return in Eng. would be tough but was still proud to have repped TT ;-)

Yes, I know TT and Eng. not in the same zone but it was a dream ;-))

All yuh ever had a dream like that.

My ex Dunross and Fatima classmate, Colin Browne, played defense with me.

Spam !!!!.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 04:56:10 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

1]; } ?>