April 29, 2024, 04:59:35 AM

Author Topic: Watch Thierry Henry Play For Free in New York...  (Read 11858 times)

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
Re: Watch Thierry Henry Play For Free in New York...
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2008, 02:10:01 PM »
Dreaaad...d NY men need to post ah thread wid ah pic ah dey face or somethin...allyuh was in this...and plus in Nevada Smith for d 1st game vs Bermuda and ah still ent know anybody.

Anyhow...I real enjoy tha sweat...didn't get inside but was right on d fence in a good spot. All ah dem jump out dey SUVs right where ah was standing...my crew get good pics (iman have no digi cam...jus mih berry  :( ). As the pro ballers in d sweat...Henry and Kalou do reaaal runnin...dem fellaz was taking it mostly serious even though Henry real skills out too...he hit Kidd ah double furs right in front ah me...ah real wig out. Nash had moments but he didn't look as good as I thought he would. Kidd make real runs on d wing, he wasnt on a lazy man scene...unlike B-Diddy who reaaaaaaaal wig. Barbosa was decent as well. The disappointments were Altidore (sweat in ah corkmouth), McManaman and Fowler even though he score ah bess goal.

Back to mih original point b4 ah go...ah had on ah lime green Eto'o Barca today and ah Trini Latapy in Nevada...let me know d NY men sometime...could link ah sweat or something. blessed

Yea dread i saw someone wearing that jersey, I assumed it was someone from Cameroon since he from they. link up next for a sweat

King ah really hope is me you see eh...I have ah ras, eh know much african with that. Anyhow...where allyuh does sweat...I don't really know d men here except like FireBrand and Fli...but ah sure ah will know some faces...bless
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2009, 10:16:56 AM »
its on again this wednesday

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2009, 10:45:34 AM »
they expecting a massive crowd. i bet man line up from now.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2009, 10:49:06 AM »

will be there rain or shine.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2009, 10:51:15 AM »

you have a link to the press release? ... same location?

It will take place at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday at Nike Field in Sara D. Roosevelt Park. The game is just off Chrystie Street (between Rivington and Stanton Streets) south of Houston.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2009, 10:57:11 AM »

"It's back on again this year, for the night before the draft. Wednesday, June 24, at 6 p.m., at Sara D. Roosevelt Park Chrystie and Houston streets in New York City.

Steve Nash, Tony Parker, Jason Kidd, Grant Hill, Chris Bosh and Raja Bell are on the list of NBA players who are probably somewhere right now working on foot skills.

Actual soccer players will include Claudio Reyna, Thierry Henry, Javier Zanetti, Salomon Kalou, Ryan Babel, Giovanni van Brockhurst, Mathieu Flamini, Ivan Cordoba and Adrian Mutu."

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2009, 11:17:52 AM »

"It's back on again this year, for the night before the draft. Wednesday, June 24, at 6 p.m., at Sara D. Roosevelt Park Chrystie and Houston streets in New York City.

Steve Nash, Tony Parker, Jason Kidd, Grant Hill, Chris Bosh and Raja Bell are on the list of NBA players who are probably somewhere right now working on foot skills.

Actual soccer players will include Claudio Reyna, Thierry Henry, Javier Zanetti, Salomon Kalou, Ryan Babel, Giovanni van Brockhurst, Mathieu Flamini, Ivan Cordoba and Adrian Mutu."

hell yeah ... the after party will be sick.
Last year was maddness!!

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2009, 11:58:03 AM »

Last year was maddness!!

Well I go be dey fuh sure!!

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2009, 08:39:27 PM »
some of the players recently confirmed Joe Cole, Alessandro Del Piero, Gennaro Gattuso, Massimo Ambrosini, Kaká ;D (I doubt since he in SA), and Thierry Henry

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2009, 10:41:42 PM »

Last year was maddness!!

it had ah after party last year ???

where was it and where will it be this year?

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2009, 10:09:53 AM »

Last year was maddness!!

it had ah after party last year ???

where was it and where will it be this year?

yeah, it was "unofficial" ... just a whole set of them hitting up the clubs afterwards, esp 1Oak & Marquee.

Funny thing was all the fellas knew who they were - and all the girls wanted to know why they weren't getting any attention from any of the fellas.

Tomorrow I will try to remember to bring my camera.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2009, 10:29:29 AM »
some of the players recently confirmed Joe Cole, Alessandro Del Piero, Gennaro Gattuso, Massimo Ambrosini, Kaká ;D (I doubt since he in SA), and Thierry Henry

these men really coming or this is just ole talk....

links anyone?

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2009, 10:35:49 AM »
Steve Nash Showdown in Chinatown soccer game

http://www.insidehoops.com/steve-nash-showdown-chinatown.shtml

InsideHoops.com | June 24, 2009

Steve Nash Showdown in ChinatownTwo-time NBA MVP Steve Nash and soccer great Claudio Reyna announced today that their Showdown in Chinatown is returning for a second year to New York City’s Lower East Side. The Showdown, a free 8-a-side soccer match between teams of NBA and professional soccer players, will kick-off at Sara D. Roosevelt Park at 6pm on June 24 to benefit the work of the Steve Nash Foundation (http://www.stevenash.org) and the Claudio Reyna Foundation (http://www.claudioreynafoundation.org).

“This event gets right at two of my passions — football (soccer) and helping improve conditions for kids,” said Nash. “The Showdown shows off what the world’s top athletes can do, what they’re willing to do to help, and I can’t wait to get on the field. We’ll be right in the middle of the Lower East Side, a phenomenal neighborhood in a beautiful city, just a couple of guys getting a match on.”

Last year's game was lots of fun. Here was the Steve Nash charity soccer game from 2008. Just the bare-bones info but plenty of pictures.

The game starts at 6pm and is at Sara D. Roosevelt Park (Chrystie Street & Houston Street) in downtown Manhattan, New York. The field is very small and there's no actual seating, so unless you go really early to press against the fence you won't see it -- but judging by last year there will be video footage of every cool sequence on the internet by the next morning.

ROSTER OF PLAYERS IN 2009 STEVE NASH 'SHOWDOWN IN CHINATOWN' CHARITY SOCCER GAME

BASKETBALL STARS PLAYING:
Steve Nash (Phoenix Suns)
Tony Parker (San Antonio Spurs)
Jason Kidd (Dallas Mavericks)
Grant Hill (Phoenix Suns)
Chris Bosh (Toronto Raptors)
Raja Bell (Charlotte Bobcats).

SOCCER STARS PLAYING:
Claudio Reyna (US/Former NY Red Bull)
Thierry Henry (France/FC Barcelona)
Javier Zanetti (Argentina/Inter Milan)
Salomon Kalou (Ivory Coast/Chelsea)
Ryan Babel (The Netherlands/Liverpool)
Giovanni van Bronckhurst (The Netherlands/Feyenoord)
Mathieu Flamini (France/AC Milan)
Ivan Cordoba (Columbia/Inter Milan)
Adrian Mutu (Romania/ACF Fiorentina)

"I’m very excited to be part of bringing soccer to New York City sports fans in a fun, friendly, and unique way. We hope that we can at least match the excitement that was created last year when we had players from the world of soccer and basketball come together to provide great entertainment,” said Reyna.

“It’s a tough time for non-profits across the country,” said Nash, “and we’re so grateful to our partners for supporting our efforts. They all love the game -- ICAP, Medco, Metro PCS, GREY GOOSE Vodka, vitaminwater and Calle.” The players will be wearing Calle Soccer uniforms, inspired by the street play that rises up in neighborhoods all over the world.

The Showdown comes to New York City thanks to the help of Nash’s latest soccer innovation, Football-For- Good.com (http://www.football-for-good.com).

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2009, 11:03:59 AM »
NY based fellas anytime alyuh linkin up to sweat or lime jus PM meh and i go come through

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2009, 09:02:47 AM »
what a glorious day today.
I see lightning/thunderstorms in the forecast around the time the sweat supposed to take place, but rain or shine - this should be good.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2009, 09:04:16 AM »
NY crew - provide pix and video please.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2009, 09:25:51 AM »
Seen Steve nash play at Pier 40- good baller.  Played D1 soccer at Santa Clara University, and apparently has trained with the New York Red Bulls in the b-ball off season...

Not sure about the other bball players playing but somehow I could see Tony Parker & Jason Kidd handling their stories...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2009, 09:29:38 AM »
Parker I could see. Kidd not so much...maybe 4 years ago when he was quick
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2009, 09:38:51 AM »
The Sarah D. Roosvelt park scene has become a sh*t show when these pro ballers come to town.  Gattuso, Pirlo & Gilardino were there years back and no one knew about it..I have pics from there, and it was a lil camera crew and them with a few passers by...The next year Barcelona came to open up the new fields at the park and it was mayhem... got some pics from that- think I posted them on the forum...

Last year was the first time Nash had his event and I hear it was pretty crowded...this year I expect that it'll be even worse.  I live about 3 blocks from SDR park, but I doubt I botherin' wid dat unless I get a last minute jumbie...

Whoever is going, go early... 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2009, 09:53:21 AM »
baron davis and raja bell have some touches but that is about it.. Baron davis is ah kicks man..

Nash could real ball, and football was actually a career option for him at one point.

last year kalou issue some shake.

is a good thing i kinda tall, cause last year that is the only thing that save meh when yuh standing up behind 5 rows of people press on de fence.

i trying to run down there around 530 and will lime for ah hour or so, but if it have rain then fire for that.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 10:00:19 AM by omarldinho »

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2009, 10:14:11 PM »
had great seats to view, but poor for pictures - so I took about a zillion videos.
will take some time and effort to upload and post all/ many of them - but will get on it soon.

Edgar Davids was a bit of surprise but Babalawo definitely chain meh up with ....
some of the players recently confirmed Joe Cole, Alessandro Del Piero, Gennaro Gattuso, Massimo Ambrosini, Kaká ;D (I doubt since he in SA) ...

Davids and Kalou was boss. Kalou get brainwashed to think that no matter where he sweating, he hadda play extra hard to make Chelsea side. Kalou was sweating for a spot on Chelsea bench next year - but he real play. Davids still have it - real touches.
Babel was off and on, but cap a man and set up Flamini for the first goal that was one of them Chris Birchall laser volley.

Grant Hill hit Chris Bosh one of the stinkest beats of the century. A beat so stink, he will get nuff shit-talk for the next NBA season. When Hill hit him it, people bawl and scream - people who doh know bout football bawl and scream.
Nash have real touches - and he could play. I bet Nash could walk on plenty MLS sides without breaking a sweat.

Cordoba run like a machine whole day. Mutu ... and Henry was focussed on the afterparty. Henry come on for a half and was rocking some hightops - maybe because he have to flams the Nike instead of the Calle. See Reyna liming by Thompson hotel about 20 mins ago - he play a good controlled game (??) like if he was not playing in a fete match - same as Zanetti.

Overall, it was great - videos soon to follow

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2009, 10:59:45 PM »
doh say ah never do nutten for allyuh....

Zanetti

Kalou

Ivan Cordoba

Mutu

Warmup

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2009, 12:19:03 AM »

I remember that bamcee.
the front was nice too.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2009, 09:00:46 AM »

I remember that bamcee.
the front was nice too.

recession hitting hard in the US.. even the buttocks looking under-fed!

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2009, 07:31:43 AM »
ok - so how do you imbed a video from Youtube now?
I saw somebody giving a tutorial this week, but can't remember the thread it's in.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2009, 07:43:10 AM »
thanks

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2009, 07:54:17 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dqnlBmSzpLw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/dqnlBmSzpLw</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sop-FNI9_P8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Sop-FNI9_P8</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dMp-TIvtPmY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/dMp-TIvtPmY</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/tBkKgcTTnQ8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/tBkKgcTTnQ8</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2B0VFurW7Kw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/2B0VFurW7Kw</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/AO1LkUmSTK8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/AO1LkUmSTK8</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/fmx-Uufi6pY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/fmx-Uufi6pY</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/LgHzviTEsDA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/LgHzviTEsDA</a>

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2009, 08:59:12 AM »
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_5401979,00.html

Henry weighs up MLS move
Frenchman tempted by New York Red Bulls

Barcelona in 2011 and could sign for a Major League Soccer club.

The France striker joined Barca from Arsenal in 2007 and, after a disappointing debut campaign, shone for the Primera Division champions last season.

Henry has been linked with a return to the Premier League but has revealed that he could be tempted to ply his trade in America.

Speaking at a promotional event in New York, the 31-year-old explained that he would consider joining the New York Red Bulls.

"Could I play for New York Red Bulls at some point? It could be possible in 2011," he is quoted as saying by Sport.

"One never knows, but the truth is that it is an option that could be likely.

"I want to stay with Barcelona for two more seasons and then I will leave."

1]; } ?>