March 28, 2024, 04:40:51 PM

Author Topic: Is It Maturana fraid to attack or is it we shabby defence???  (Read 1835 times)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
This is a tactical question and should be seen in that light...

I for one was real gungho yesterday in my thought that well... It have to be that this new coach just fraid to attack or believes in a stagnant midfield with play moving up de middle vein as opposed to the wings. To reach to that conclusion I thought of de current crop of players... I thought of who cya make de side like de Tintos, Kerry Baptiste, Daryll Roberts, Samuels. After listening to the Guyana game it seemed alarming that there were so few runs made up the flank by the wingers and de left and right back seemed to be encouraged to keep dey tail in de back and forget that overlapping thing.  However Is it a case of our shabby backline coming to bite us again?  Could it be that Pacho dont mind attacking or attack minded players but cya afford to expose de backline? Wouldn't be the first time ah coach would have we baffled for keeping offence ordered so we can recoup and not get burnt on de counter attack... (Im not taking Beenie of de hook for Latas) just defending the style of play.. Space create options and Latas can definetly create his own space.  Ah go tie it up now...

All ah we know dat we aint grow up focusing on no defence... Few players actually like it down in de back dey and does normally wind up in de defence because de coach say so.  Famous saying in TNT... "If yuh tired, go play backs" when de Defence should be treated and celebrated as its own very viable entity.  TNT dont defend well.. De Strike Squad and De WC squad are probably most noteworthy but more than likely it was alot to do with de coaches ability to organise them and keep de play tight.

So de question is....  Is it dat Pacho dont like to attack or is he just dam scared to open up de back????

Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Is It Maturana fraid to attack or is it we shabby defence???
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 07:53:44 PM »
Our defence and defensive game on the whole are shakey.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 08:09:07 PM »
what defence?
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 08:26:29 PM »
what defense?

Yeah!  Do we play with a defense?
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 08:30:27 PM »

I for one was real gungho yesterday in my thought that well... It have to be that this new coach just fraid to attack or believes in a stagnant midfield with play moving up de middle vein as opposed to the wings. To reach to that conclusion I thought of de current crop of players... I thought of who cya make de side like de Tintos, Kerry Baptiste, Daryll Roberts, Samuels. After listening to the Guyana game it seemed alarming that there were so few runs made up the flank by the wingers and de left and right back seemed to be encouraged to keep dey tail in de back and forget that overlapping thing.  However Is it a case of our shabby backline coming to bite us again?  Could it be that Pacho dont mind attacking or attack minded players but cya afford to expose de backline? Wouldn't be the first time ah coach would have we baffled for keeping offence ordered so we can recoup and not get burnt on de counter attack... (Im not taking Beenie of de hook for Latas) just defending the style of play.. Space create options and Latas can definetly create his own space.  Ah go tie it up now...

All ah we know dat we aint grow up focusing on no defence... Few players actually like it down in de back dey and does normally wind up in de defence because de coach say so.  Famous saying in TNT... "If yuh tired, go play backs" when de Defence should be treated and celebrated as its own very viable entity.  TNT dont defend well.. De Strike Squad and De WC squad are probably most noteworthy but more than likely it was alot to do with de coaches ability to organise them and keep de play tight.

So de question is....  Is it dat Pacho dont like to attack or is he just dam scared to open up de back????

You really taking and trusting other peoples account rather than drawing conclusion on your own.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 09:01:54 PM »
Of course we playin wit a defence it was 5-4-1 v Guyana. Is d fellas in defence is d issue
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 09:56:29 PM »

You really taking and trusting other peoples account rather than drawing conclusion on your own.

Dat is true but is not only 1 isolated case we have to look at.. we have all de previous games... I have seen at least 1 game under Maturana and all de forumites (touches, Jah Goal, SM and others) dat has given feedback...
and judging from de other responses It might not be Pacho fault or at least not all Pacho's fault.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 10:04:15 PM »
It will be dishonest of me to talk about TT defence. I have not see any games. It is difficult for me to make any assessment.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 11:05:05 PM »
It will be dishonest of me to talk about TT defence. I have not see any games. It is difficult for me to make any assessment.
That is like the 5th time today ,I see you make a comment to say u have no comment ,man the games must be orn some site youtube proleague .

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 05:33:10 AM »
Defense will always be the key to qualify and succeed at tournaments like this, just look at the Strike Squad, Soca Warriors qualifying campaign under Beenie, and the Germany performance.

Pacho aint no defensive minded coach, look at his results with Colombia (5-0 beating of Arg. most notably).

The reason why you think we timid to attack is that the team is lacking that something special...Something that will give opposing teams nightmares. We are almost machine-like and very predictable, almost like a poor man's version of Germany.
We dont have the qualities of people like Nixon, Dwarika, Latapy et al anymore... So we look very ordinary. Its all down to the players available to him...
When I look at this T&T team now, I see them trying to play a similar style to Beenhakker, ie a compact unit, but with real attacking threats, its just that they are not at that level yet...far from it.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2008, 07:18:06 AM »
Traditionally we never had a defence, but that never stop us from attacking. If the man sacrifice attack for defence like Beenie did, ok. But...we have neither!
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

1]; } ?>