July 26, 2024, 07:59:29 PM

Author Topic: Has Lincoln Phillips been good for football in T&T ?  (Read 4279 times)

Offline SLIM

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Has Lincoln Phillips been good for football in T&T ?
« on: July 26, 2008, 07:50:25 PM »
Since Lincoln Phillips has been appointed the Technical Director of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation in 2004 is T&T Football better today, worse than before or the same?  It has been more than four years since LP has been appointed to his position.  We made it to the to the 2006  WC in Germany, our U17 men's team made it to the U17 WC.   There have been some failures like no men's Olympics or U20, no women's Olympic and others.  I consider the U17 Soca Princesses performance a positive even though I question why a foreign National Coach did not get Randy Waldrum's position which we are sure was recommended by LP.  However, I think the jury is still out on LP but I am disappointed that LP has not tapped into the many outstanding  foreign based Trinidadians coaches that he himself worked with in the past while he lived and coached in the  USA.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 01:52:51 PM by Flex »
"If you think education is expensive try ignorance."

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: HAS LINCOLN PHILLIPS BEEN GOOD FOR FOOTABLL IN T&T ?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 07:52:45 PM »
Yo stop with the all cap titles.  Alyuh pulling a Birchill or what  :devil:

Offline Tigger

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 07:53:17 PM »
i so glad season starting back jess now...

Offline SLIM

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 07:57:02 PM »

OK, no more Caps.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 08:14:20 PM »
So this guy comes on the forum saying we shouldn't blame Jack but trying to blast Lincoln...

Ok then...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline SLIM

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 08:34:46 PM »
So this guy comes on the forum saying we shouldn't blame Jack but trying to blast Lincoln...

Ok then...

Where did I blast him?  I said the jury is still out but I am disappointed  about d foreign National coaches.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 08:46:40 PM »
Since Lincoln Phillips has been appointed the Technical Director of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation in 2004 is T&T Football better today, worse than before or the same?  It has been more than four years since LP has been appointed to his position.  We made it to the to the 2006  WC in Germany, our U17 men's team made it to the U17 WC.   There have been some failures like no men's Olympics or U20, no women's Olympic and others.  I consider the U17 Soca Princesses performance a positive even though I question why a foreign National Coach did not get Randy Waldrum's position which we are sure was recommended by LP.  However, I think the jury is still out on LP but I am disappointed that LP has not tapped into the many outstanding  foreign based Trinidadians coaches that he himself worked with in the past while he lived and coached in the  USA.

Slim, you question why a foreign National Coach did not get Randy Waldrum's position. Do you mean a foreign based T&T coach? If so, who do you think deserves de position?

Offline SLIM

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 08:53:29 PM »

Slim, you question why a foreign National Coach did not get Randy Waldrum's position. Do you mean a foreign based T&T coach? If so, who do you think deserves de position?

Do you mean a foreign based T&T coach?   Yes. If so, who do you think deserves de position? Because they are more than qualified and can do the same or better job than Waldrum.  They must be given the opportunity.  That's the only way you can find out how good they are.  Why do we believe foreign non T&T coaches are better than foreign T&T coaches?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2008, 09:20:17 PM »

Do you mean a foreign based T&T coach? Yes. If so, who do you think deserves de position? Because they are more than qualified and can do the same or better job than Waldrum. They must be given the opportunity. That's the only way you can find out how good they are. Why do we believe foreign non T&T coaches are better than foreign T&T coaches?

ask Jack, he does the hiring and firing...Yuh know he muss be do it for the overall good of football, even if we cyah cyah see it...trust in him

Offline SLIM

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2008, 09:23:55 PM »

Do you mean a foreign based T&T coach? Yes. If so, who do you think deserves de position? Because they are more than qualified and can do the same or better job than Waldrum. They must be given the opportunity. That's the only way you can find out how good they are. Why do we believe foreign non T&T coaches are better than foreign T&T coaches?

ask Jack, he does the hiring and firing...Yuh know he muss be do it for the overall good of football, even if we cyah cyah see it...trust in him

Maxq, d man as meh ah question and ah answer he question.  How JW ger in dey?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2008, 09:39:02 PM »

Maxq, d man as meh ah question and ah answer he question.  How JW ger in dey?
Doh skate, didn't you also ask  question, cause you seek some info ? I just thought I would direct yuh to the only person who can factually answer yuh question. That is how JW get iin dey...or yuh think anbrat is Jack...it's possible...excuse meh eh, my bad

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2008, 10:36:32 PM »
This question is a tough one as the fans are not priviledged to know what is going on at the TTFF.  The National set up is not one that allow access to the various teams and what's happening. All we know is mainly what they tell Fuentes to write.

I think the precursor to this question should be;
What is LP true position in the TTFF?
In whatever position he fill, are proper resources made available to him to complete his job effectively?

After we answer these question then we can move on to your question posted in this thread.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline SLIM

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2008, 11:13:47 AM »
This question is a tough one as the fans are not priviledged to know what is going on at the TTFF.  The National set up is not one that allow access to the various teams and what's happening. All we know is mainly what they tell Fuentes to write.

In whatever position he fill, are proper resources made available to him to complete his job effectively?

After we answer these question then we can move on to your question posted in this thread.

So you are saying the technical director of football in T&T is not his true position or he has another position that you don't know about?

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2008, 11:22:28 AM »

This man (SLIM) worst than TI and AB.Trini put together...

Offline SLIM

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2008, 11:27:09 AM »

This man (SLIM) worst than TI and AB.Trini put together...

I am kind of slow my new found friend, who is TI and AB?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2008, 11:47:28 AM »

So you are saying the technical director of football in T&T is not his true position or he has another position that you don't know about?

I believe that JW had restructured the Post and LP was put in charge of GKs and the Youth set up or something like that.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline SLIM

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2008, 12:00:37 PM »

In whatever position he fill, are proper resources made available to him to complete his job effective

I believe that JW had restructured the Post and LP was put in charge of GKs and the Youth set up or something like that.

As of April 30, 2008 he was still TD, did his position change since then?

MAPLE CELEBRATES 90TH ANNIVERSARY THIS SUNDAY (Latest News/Latest News) 
...T&T’s first World Cup squad. Also included in that World Cup side were Maplenites, goalkeeper Lincoln “Tiger” Phillips (now Technical Director of football in T&T), midfiel … 
30 Apr, 2008

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2008, 12:26:28 PM »
I meant that your original post on Jack Warner was to give him the benefit of the doubt yet this post on Lincoln Phillips does the opposite. I for one am of the view that Phillips position is one of little or no influence.
How often has he been involved in the processes of the national team? Is he still involved in the hiring and firing of coaches?

His original idea was to implement a style of play in TnT football based on a dutch formula from the age groups come up...has this been adhered to by the coaches being emplyed to manage our youth times, coaches appointed by JW? (McComie, Vranes and Corneal..all Jack's people). Not to mention the coach who get fired the other day before the team kick a ball  allegedly for not picking Jack youngest son (it was La Foucade I think, or did La Foucade replace the coach?)

His input thus far is to at least have our age groups modified to u-13, u-15, u-17 and u-20 and to have such teams in existence prior to tournaments. He also has organised for these teams to be exposed to more tours overseas and was influential  in the U-15 tournaments we have hosted in recent times. I believe the current u-20 team is the only one we have kept together a for a decent amount of time.

So I am not sure how we can judge his level of success if all his plans and recommendations and designs still have to be rubber stamped or be aligned with the vision of the man who is in charge of everything in local football.

That's where my concern with your ability to not judge Jack on what he has done colours my opinion on the reasoning behind posting a leading question as to Lincoln Phillip's contribution or lack thereof.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2008, 01:06:19 PM »

Do you mean a foreign based T&T coach?   Yes. If so, who do you think deserves de position? Because they are more than qualified and can do the same or better job than Waldrum.  They must be given the opportunity.  That's the only way you can find out how good they are.  Why do we believe foreign non T&T coaches are better than foreign T&T coaches?

Who do you think deserves de position? A foreign based T&T coach, Yes!, but is there anyone you have in mind?

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Has Lincoln Phillips been good for football in T&T ?
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2008, 03:09:23 PM »
I dont think Lincoln is to blame.  Jack Warner has the final say of who gets hired or fired.  and from now its 'his' money payinf for their salary

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Has Lincoln Phillips been good for football in T&T ?
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2008, 04:24:54 PM »
The thing is what anybody do in Football in T&T is dwarfed by JW,don't forget Lincoln and all was hired by JW just like everybody else,this is not what anybody tell me,this is what i know,behind the scenes Lincoln is doing all the Donkey work in our Football,people like this are hardly seen or take notice off unless things not going right,Spidetbuff has rightly highlighted some of the plans he is trying to put in place and have been an uphill battle,gradually all these things are showing their ugly heads and hopefully more attention will be given to their importance,remember we never had these Youth teams,all these Youth tournaments taking place are new and we must say thanks to JW for that,i've always said we got to have patience,all this is new even to the players,it's a wake up call to all concerned with Football,pointing fingers will not solve our problems.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2008, 04:41:16 PM »

In whatever position he fill, are proper resources made available to him to complete his job effective

...T&T’s first World Cup squad. Also included in that World Cup side were Maplenites, goalkeeper Lincoln “Tiger” Phillips (now Technical Director of football in T&T), midfiel … 
30 Apr, 2008
Ah tort yuh was seriously misinformed all along, now you seem like yuh carrying water for JW. Put in yuh resume for when Fuentes is no longer of use to him :joker:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 04:47:15 PM by doc »
Live large and prosper!

Offline SLIM

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2008, 06:39:17 PM »

30 Apr, 2008
Ah tort yuh was seriously misinformed all along, now you seem like yuh carrying water for JW. Put in yuh resume for when Fuentes is no longer of use to him :joker:
Ah figger u talking about me in no.  When ah say about JW short comings none r allyuh doe say nutin, but when ah say something positvie about JW all dem fellas does jump on meh back.  Ah no if ah ger Fuentes job at least I will be well paid.

Offline SLIM

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2008, 06:50:33 PM »

Who do you think deserves de position? A foreign based T&T coach, Yes!, but is there anyone you have in mind?

These two guys were suggested by ELAN Fellas I am not taking credit for this suggestion.  Based on my research these two coaches will be outstanding and a good place to start.

1]; } ?>