May 10, 2024, 08:36:08 PM

Author Topic: T dot tourist sites.  (Read 1558 times)

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
T dot tourist sites.
« on: September 16, 2008, 08:19:11 PM »
Looking for suggestion for family oriented activities in  T dot. In T dot for the weekend suggestion greatly appreciated ?

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T dot tourist sites.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 02:01:16 PM »
Family oriented?.....I just tossin out things that are downtown, cause I eh know where you stayin

If yuh lookin to spend a lil money you could go to the CN tower for activities and have dinner afterward in the revolving restaurant

If the budget tight..Harbourfront Centre always have some kinda 'ethnic' ting on for free on weekends
Any kids? Take them to the Ontario Science Centre....kinda cheezy for adults but children like cheese..dem eh know no better

De ladies like shopping so the eaton centre is on the subway line and across the street at the dundas square does always have some free music or comedy show or someting
Yuh go always find someting to do in the downtown core....grab a tourist guide yuh cyah go wrong and always have a good restaurant nearby

Then again if 'family' is just you and some pardners, dey just open ah new Spearmint Rhino out by de airport  ;D
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 02:08:03 PM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 02:10:42 PM »
Dutty I hear that food in the CN Tower restaurant real horrid...I never try it but ppl tell me so. On de other hand dem street-vendor hotdog/sausages does eat real good

toronto.com is a good place to start researching as well...pretty comprehensive site as there is plenty to see/do, so do a thorough search.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 02:12:19 PM by Grande »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 02:14:32 PM »
Dutty I hear that food in the CN Tower restaurant real horrid...I never try it but ppl tell me so. On de other hand dem street-vendor hotdog/sausages does eat real good

toronto.com is a good place to start researching as well...pretty comprehensive site as there is plenty to see/do, so do a thorough search.
been there once.....food was alright as I recall is when de bill reachon de table dat people does get queasy

yuh damn right tho..street hot dog is ah bess
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 05:06:23 PM »

been there once.....food was alright as I recall is when de bill reachon de table dat people does get queasy

yuh damn right tho..street hot dog is ah bess

dais all I could afford boy

why yuh eh put some shingle on yuh roofless house before yuh go and dine quite up dey?  ;D

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 05:50:10 PM »
Eaton Center, China town and play guess what hanging in the window, Ontario place, parliament area, science center, if it was colder you could go skate at the city Hall, art  gallery, fort york, Cn tower - just for the view and as duty say, eat some food. Casa loma, ROM, check to see if it have any games going on at the ACC. Take a break and people watch outside the eaton center with ah hot dog (make sure to pile on the condiments so your belly will full when you done - doh mind the stares from the odda patrons).

Try to take een one of the shows.. the ladies love "dirty dancing" plus there are many others presently playing.

old to young, TO have real things to do and enjoy.

Offline ChipChipSilver

• 'Let the Good Times Roll'
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Do you feel like working today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 07:00:37 PM »
Eaton Center, China town and play guess what hanging in the window, Ontario place, parliament area, science center, if it was colder you could go skate at the city Hall, art  gallery, fort york, Cn tower - just for the view and as duty say, eat some food. Casa loma, ROM, check to see if it have any games going on at the ACC. Take a break and people watch outside the eaton center with ah hot dog (make sure to pile on the condiments so your belly will full when you done - doh mind the stares from the odda patrons).

Try to take een one of the shows.. the ladies love "dirty dancing" plus there are many others presently playing.

old to young, TO have real things to do and enjoy.

If yuh have kids Centre Island would be good too to take them.  An yeh, de hot dogs on Front street is de bess.
In Everything, Give Thanks

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 09:48:01 PM »
Chinatown, Little Italy, Little India, St. Lawrence Market, Greektown, Koreatown, Portugal Village...

all them places yuh could shop and sample cuisine (food real good) from these parts of the world, lots of stores and restaurants and an authentic enough feel ...is like taking a lil global tour de family might like dat

and as previously mentioned the vibe on Dundas Square outside de Eaton Centre does be nice in the evenings/night...and is freeness too

if yuh wicked and want to shock yuh mother and father carry dem to Church and Wellesley  :D
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 09:59:16 PM by Grande »

1]; } ?>