June 10, 2024, 01:08:34 AM

Author Topic: Maturana Limits Latapy.  (Read 9915 times)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Maturana Limits Latapy.
« on: October 06, 2008, 09:16:19 PM »
T&T coach restricts 'Little Magician' to input on field.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).

Maturana Limits Latapy.

Trinidad and Tobago football icon and Falkirk midfielder Russell Latapy arrived at Piarco International Airport yesterday and will train with the "Soca Warriors" today for the first time under present head coach Francisco Maturana.

But it might not be in the capacity that he hoped.

Latapy was appointed, on September 21, as a player/coach by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) for crucial upcoming 2010 World Cup qualifiers away to Guatemala on October 11 and at home to the United States on October 15.

But Maturana, a two-time Colombia World Cup coach, told the Express the Scotland-based playmaker would only join his team as a player.

Maturana, when questioned on Latapy's role within his technical staff, smiled and said--through translator Ancil Glod--that he would also like to know.

He then pointed to each of his staff members, including assistant coach Anton Corneal, who huddled around after yesterday evening's training session for the national team at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

"This is my staff here," said Maturana. "I want to see Latapy on the field."

Latapy, who turned 40 this year, made his coaching ambitions clear on several occasions, but is yet to convince the TTFF he is ready for the top post.

In 2005, FIFA vice-president and TTFF special adviser Jack Warner appointed Latapy as a player/coach under Dutchman Leo Beenhakker, but the former Real Madrid coach refused to allow him on his technical staff.

At the time, Latapy refused to join the national squad unless he was also allowed to coach, but eventually returned as a player--after pleading from his close friend and team captain Dwight Yorke--to dramatic effect as he inspired a 3-2 win over Guatemala in qualifying for the 2006 World Cup.

Maturana suggested that Latapy might again have the opportunity to cast a spell on Guatemala on Saturday, but only as a player.

"The doors of the national team are always open," said Maturana. "He is a good player."

The Warriors trained without several foreign-based players yesterday, including Yorke, Latapy, Carlos Edwards, Chris Birchall, Jason Scotland and Dennis Lawrence.

Walsall goalkeeper Clayton Ince and Southampton striker Stern John were the only England-based players who returned on time to train, while United States-based defender Avery John was also present.

Another familiar face at the session was Sunderland star Kenwyne Jones, who came home to attend the funeral of a family member and was allowed to train with the national squad by his club manager Roy Keane.

Jones had company. Sunderland physiotherapist Craig Tears was sent to Trinidad to ensure that Jones "followed his rehabilitation programme" and did not "over-extend himself".

Tears, who was dressed in his club's kit, kept a watchful eye on the T&T team session from the sidelines.

"Everyone (at Sunderland) wanted my assignment," said Tears, with a laugh.

While Jones trained with the squad, John (S) worked out on his own. The national record goal-scorer is recovering from a slight hamstring tear but is desperate to play and said the Southampton medical staff expected him to be ready for action by Thursday.

"It is fantastic to be back," said John, who has 69 international goals from 104 appearances. "Wednesday's game (against the Dominican Republic) is definitely out but I am just trying to get myself fit for Saturday... It is always a pleasure to score goals but, whether I play for just five minutes, this is bigger than Stern John.

"It is about Trinidad and Tobago."

John cannot wait to be reunited with his former heroes and teammates, Yorke and Latapy, who, he feels, can still assist the national squad.

"It is always great to have the likes of Russell and Dwight in the team," he said. "They might not have the legs as before but they can always lift the guys."

Maturana insisted he is happy to have Latapy, too. But perhaps not in the role that everyone expected.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 03:57:02 AM by Flex »
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Same shit different year, Jack is really something else oui!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
I find the translation a little different than when the other assistant translator use to do it.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Can this really be happening? I can't think of a more effective way to get your team to distrust you. How in the world can we expect the Socawarriors to TRUST the Coaching staff, and Federation? How long will love for country be able to bear the indignities meeted out by the hand of the TTFF?? To leave Scotland under the impression that you will contribute to the National set up as a player/coach and to arrive in Trinidad to be told that your coaching is not invited is a slap in the face--especially when you wouldn't have come had you known that. If someone can tell me how to be a fan without getting cognitively and emotionally vested it will be greatly appreciated.  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
He questionin Latas role look in d mirror dumbtist what d heck is your role
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
He questionin Latas role look in d mirror dumbtist what d heck is your role

Pussonly, I surprised he is still de coach... the Dumbtist, I mean...lolol
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
why do i get the feeling this story wont end well... :-\

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
"In 2005, FIFA vice-president and TTFF special adviser Jack Warner appointed Latapy as a player/coach under Dutchman Leo Beenhakker, but the former Real Madrid coach refused to allow him on his technical staff."

Latapy was appointed, on September 21, 2008, as a player/coach by Jackass Warner the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) for crucial upcoming 2010 World Cup qualifiers away to Guatemala on October 11 and at home to the United States on October 15.
Maturana, when questioned on Latapy's role within his technical staff, smiled and said--through translator Ancil Glod--that he would also like to know.
He then pointed to each of his staff members, including assistant coach Anton Corneal, who huddled around after yesterday evening's training session for the national team at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.
"This is my staff here," said Maturana. "I want to see Latapy on the field."

SAME SHIT different YEAR...is there NO COMMUNICATION ???

Billy Smart, Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey have NOTHING over JackAss and his Clown Troupe (JACT aka TTFF)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 04:30:04 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Here we go again,what round is it this time,same shit,different day,whats remarkable about this,is the same genius at the controls..... :devil:

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana Limits Latapy.
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 04:39:16 AM »
So allyuh expect d man tuh give up he job without ah fight......or at least d appearance of some sort of resistence.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2008, 04:56:06 AM »
So allyuh expect d man tuh give up he job without ah fight......or at least d appearance of some sort of resistence.

the point is there shouldn't be any resistance because the whole thing should have been cleared between them weeks ago.  Mats is basically giving a public f-you to Jack and the TTFF here, last time Beenie got away with it, so let's see how this all plays out.
All I know is Latas not sticking around this time if there is no coaching role for him.

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2008, 05:42:45 AM »
like this is news..big steups :-\

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2008, 06:11:49 AM »
Ignorance is a bliss ....there is no wonder why Coops hardly like to make comments on this board... This statement should come as no surprise from the coach...Was he the one that offered Latas the position? You all wise enough to know as well as Latas about the two tongue devil Jack!!
I will say this again, our problem is not the coach..it is the administration spelt out in 4 letters...TTFF or JACK same thing.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2008, 06:12:49 AM »
I hope Latapy and Dwight go straight to Jack and get that shithong fired b4 Saturday.....  He shouldnt even be here right now...So f**k you Maturana

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2008, 06:14:23 AM »

the point is there shouldn't be any resistance because the whole thing should have been cleared between them weeks ago.  Mats is basically giving a public f-you to Jack and the TTFF here, last time Beenie got away with it, so let's see how this all plays out.
All I know is Latas not sticking around this time if there is no coaching role for him.
       From the time i saw the appointment of Latas as player/Coach i figured it would be a sign for disaster,if you all realize the more we change,bring back players,manipulate the team things are just getting worse.
        It's not a matter of last time Benie got away with it,it's a matter of principle,these guys are big time Coaches and are being undermined by JW/TTFF,what is the role of an assistant Coach/player?my senses tell me you are neither a Coach nor a player,this is a setup,these guys not going to have Latas come home for two days to tell them what to do,i think Maturana is starting to assert himself by putting his foot down,Latas will stick around because he is already here and i'm sure he and Maturana spoke before he came home plus he getting paid.
        What we have to realize is we are in a desperate situation which calls for desperate measures and that's what taking place,it's just repetition and hope it work again,at the end of this Maturana not staying around qualify or not just like Benie,these guys never out of work they got the experience.  

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2008, 06:26:30 AM »
Coops...Maturana put he foot down ??... yuh tink he pick de squad ??.. put he knees down yuh mean or just put he foot in he mouth...

what camps have to say about all this..come on camps..step in ...
we is ah set ah ass
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2008, 06:32:48 AM »
Buh ah doh understand why allyuh sounding like allyuh wasn't expecking dis.   ::)
Everything dat come out TTFF, Warner, Maturana mout, yuh go have to take wid a grain ah salt.
Jack and he thugs will never change, nothing could make these headhonchos operate wid any integrity.

poor Latas though.

doh be surprise if FAturana bench all dem fellas he recall.

TTFF is a real disgrace. :beermug:

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2008, 06:52:07 AM »
WHy alyuh surprised...Afro must pull rank...is he arse to ketch.

Also I am very pleased at who turned out for the first session. Stern and Clayton...the so called "disruptive elements" in the team.

See they are leading by example and showing how it is supposed to be done putting aside the bad feelings and what not.

We will see a spirited showing in Guatemala and we are winning 1-0 or 2-0.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2008, 06:53:31 AM »
Deja Vu.

Seems like every time Jack offer Latapy a player/assistant coach role he does forget to inform the coach.

Matters little  to Jack as both this time and last time (with Don Leo) he get the public to rejoice and get Latas to come out of retirement.

Misssion Accomplished.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 08:57:29 AM by JDB »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2008, 06:59:27 AM »
Why is everybody jumping on Pacho for this situation?  I blame him for a lot of things but this one is not his fault.  This looks like just another one of Jack's manipulative tricks.  I say Pacho damn right for standing up in this situation.  How could Jack make a promise to Latapy without clearing approval from Pacho first.  The last time I checked he was still the head coach of the national team and he has every right to decide who he wants on his coaching staff.  If Pacho would like to know what Latapy's role is, then it means that Jack didn't discuss Latapy,s coaching role with Pacho first. If that is the case then it is just one more thing to add to the list of all the underhand, dishonest, unproffessional things he is known for doing.

We need to keep the issues separate here.  Just because we don't like Pacho as a coach shouldn't mean we blame him for things that are not his fault.  Blame him for player selection and tactics but in this case point the finger where it really belongs, on Jack Warner.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2008, 07:01:26 AM »
I doh think people realise....putting all sentiment aside...and de side that Pacho can be considered a consumate shithound...that forcing an assistant coach on a coach is simply an undermining of the coach's authority. Pacho done like a eunuch already, de man getting flamed for it, and must be decided to put he foot down. In a sense he have nothing to loose....if we doh make the hex he getting fired...we do make it....well..he seems vindicated and gets a slight reprieve...and things go on like before. No coach with any semblance of sense would allow that.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2008, 07:07:49 AM »

breds I not trying tuh make any sense outta dis unprofessional circus called TTFF and d ringmaster.........I just stating d obvious........looking in from d outside we might tink we have a clue of what going on or at least use some reasoning tuh try tuh figure tings out......but we doh have a clue.......is frikken bizzarro world

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2008, 07:08:33 AM »
Why is everybody jumping on Pacho for this situation?  I blame him for a lot of things but this one is not his fault.  This looks like just another one of Jack's manipulative tricks.  I say Pacho damn right for standing up in this situation.  How could Jack make a promise to Latapy without clearing approval from Pacho first.  The last time I checked he was still the head coach of the national team and he has every right to decide who he wants on his coaching staff.  If Pacho would like to know what Latapy's role is, then it means that Jack didn't discuss Latapy,s coaching role with Pacho first. If that is the case then it is just one more thing to add to the list of all the underhand, dishonest, unproffessional things he is known for doing.

We need to keep the issues separate here.  Just because we don't like Pacho as a coach shouldn't mean we blame him for things that are not his fault.  Blame him for player selection and tactics but in this case point the finger where it really belongs, on Jack Warner.

Amen
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2008, 07:16:07 AM »
What alyuh expect thee columbian to do? He already geh thee text that it have ah man who coming to assit and possibly take he spot. Like he go be happy about that???    ;D
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2008, 07:35:14 AM »
let we thank latas fuh all he do fuh we and try to move on nah fellers
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2008, 08:25:12 AM »
De sad thing is that one day de TTFF Jack might really want to offer Latas de coaching job and by that time he will probably refuse because of what has happened in the past.  This will be de second time dey offer him a coaching role and when he show up de role don't is non existant.  Any one with any kind of prefessionalism won't stand for this for too long or too many times.  By their lies and incompetence the TTFF Jack Warner might have lost a valuable future asset to T&T football.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 08:26:57 AM by NUFF »

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2008, 08:30:05 AM »
Why allyuh acting surprise?  Didn't I say it does not make sense for latas to be player/assistant coach of a national team and if it must make sense then there is more to come than that appointment.  The two options i see are latas having no rank just like with Beenie and now Matas (matas is right, any coach will do the same) and the other option is matas getting set up for the axe so latas could take over.  But as it stands latas cannot be a player/assistant coach.  Allyuh letting Jack play with allyuh emotions and allyuh should know better now unless you like to keep ur heads in the clouds.

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2008, 08:47:30 AM »

Great post  :applause:

I agree with everything you said there
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2008, 08:52:02 AM »
Why is everybody jumping on Pacho for this situation?  I blame him for a lot of things but this one is not his fault.  This looks like just another one of Jack's manipulative tricks.  I say Pacho damn right for standing up in this situation.  How could Jack make a promise to Latapy without clearing approval from Pacho first.  The last time I checked he was still the head coach of the national team and he has every right to decide who he wants on his coaching staff.  If Pacho would like to know what Latapy's role is, then it means that Jack didn't discuss Latapy,s coaching role with Pacho first. If that is the case then it is just one more thing to add to the list of all the underhand, dishonest, unproffessional things he is known for doing.

We need to keep the issues separate here.  Just because we don't like Pacho as a coach shouldn't mean we blame him for things that are not his fault.  Blame him for player selection and tactics but in this case point the finger where it really belongs, on Jack Warner.

Well said. All who hailed the "Return of the King" and buy they ticket to SA showed how much they really knew. Imagine men lashing Beenie for not allowing Latas as player coach. We are so freaking useless as supporters it not funny. A man waste me down in another thread about how much just the recall of Latas has put into motion, ah bet he did not see this coming.

We spit all kinda professional talk when it come to JW and Maturana and the Corneals, but find it okay for the same JW to tell the Head Coach who his Coaching staff have to be. The man accept Anton and now he have to accept Latas too? Come on we need to grow up.

Maturana done right, head Coach, GK coach, Assistant Coach, player coach, special advisor, assistant nuts man, ring leader, man to carry the crate, is a real circus. Comical really.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2008, 08:53:15 AM »
Jack Hire Latas as coach and Maturana dont even know what going on, he cannot even read english.

Fact is Jack is a master politician he will tell you want he has to get what he wants.

Jack tell Latas come and Play/coach because he know he want to coach but Jack want him to play.

sad but Ture

I am amazed these men let them selves be used over and over

I tired of the same thing over and over
I tired of the same thing over and over

1]; } ?>