Yes
12 (17.9%)
No
34 (50.7%)
Hell Yes
21 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Voting closed: January 02, 2006, 04:58:17 PM

Author Topic: Jamaica Football Thread.  (Read 483775 times)

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Another Anticipated Derby at the "Office"
« Reply #2400 on: October 13, 2010, 09:45:35 AM »
Here is a classic example of the "rivalry" between both countries. It transcends the football field.

I was trying to resist the tempataion of posting further in this thread but couldnt help it after reading this : "...Dubious is an economy the foundation of which is propped up by a 64% GDP reliance on 'services' and another 20% from 'remittances'..."

To the poster I say: The Bahamas, Cayman Islands, and Bermuda are amongs the richest nations this side of the world...guess what, their economies are built solely on services (toursim and financial services).

In fact, the poorest nations in the region are those who have little or no service industries (Guyana, Haiti comes to mind). Go figure.

In jamaica's case, its biggest annual expenditure represnts US$2.5 Billion oil bill. We are not firtunate enough, at least not yet, to have the "black gold" flowing freely below the soil....but wait, didnt I read somewhere that explorers located an offshore well containing upwards of 3 billion barrels of crude oil off Jamaicas east coast? - here is the source: http://www.caribbean360.com/index.php/business/38454.html. Lets see how that pans out over the coming years.

But, wait, we are supposed to be discissing football.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 10:00:23 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: October 13, 2010, 10:24:57 AM »
Here is a classic example of the "rivalry" between both countries. It transcends the football field.

I was trying to resist the tempataion of posting further in this thread but couldnt help it after reading this : "...Dubious is an economy the foundation of which is propped up by a 64% GDP reliance on 'services' and another 20% from 'remittances'..."

To the poster I say: The Bahamas, Cayman Islands, and Bermuda are amongs the richest nations this side of the world...guess what, their economies are built solely on services (toursim and financial services).

In fact, the poorest nations in the region are those who have little or no service industries (Guyana, Haiti comes to mind). Go figure.

In jamaica's case, its biggest annual expenditure represnts US$2.5 Billion oil bill. We are not firtunate enough, at least not yet, to have the "black gold" flowing freely below the soil....but wait, didnt I read somewhere that explorers located an offshore well containing upwards of 3 billion barrels of crude oil off Jamaicas east coast? - here is the source: http://www.caribbean360.com/index.php/business/38454.html. Lets see how that pans out over the coming years.

But, wait, we are supposed to be discissing football.

Good news!
Maybe Jamaica can start paying back the debts to T&T...
Or maybe they can stop asking for handouts everytime a drizzle hit...
Or maybe work on their literacy rate...see bolds above
Or maybe screw it up and have T&T come fix their business yet again...

but wait we're discussing football...
whey boy!

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: October 13, 2010, 10:40:48 AM »
Yuh know you should take yuh own advice. just recently yuh told me that TC could rile me up easy easy and i don't realize the chain up, and ah had tuh thank yuh for that BC yuh was spot on, but yet i never realized it until you pull meh coat tail.

yuh also expressed your disgust @ TC yesterday that he was even trying tuh reason with a certain member BC of the senselessness of it all, but here you are expunging all this energy with ah man who is obviously never going to get it, so let me return the favor dread, that man will never concede, move on. yuh smarter than that.                            positive.

JC yuh absolutely right... I normally does ignore dem idiot Jamaicans who does come on here because unlike the ones I know in real life, these ones here dotish beyond belief.  The only ones I used to really extend any kinda benefit of the doubt to is Reggaefan, Willi and dis nannyhole fella.  Now ah see ah have to class him in with reggae-fan, jamaican tom and de rest ah de imps.  Just looking at the idiot response above tells yuh all yuh really need to know about this fella intelligence.
oh. So now you the victim and I am the villian. This is funny, do you notice that you was the one who took the thread off track. It was about football, until you try to desrispect or downplay jamaica importance. Do you notice that most of my post are counter to what you saying?. Most of my post are also links and facts rather than typing my opinion. I hear man talking about air jamaica, buju and drugs, weed, prostitution, tourist come to jamaica for sex, jamaica women look like men, you even go as far as calling me a nigga. I over look those post because I did not want to go so low. I must admit that I said c***y and that's a reply for you calling me a nigga. I don't think you would dare say that to my face. I never derespect trinidad,but say that jamaica is a more respected and influential country than trinidad. Man even talking about violence in jamaica even tho trinidad is not that for off, still I did not reply to that because my target was prove to you that you was dead wrong. You can talk about intelligence all you want, I don't think I should prove myself to you,cuase I. Know the type of person I am. I am currently posting from my android, else I would show you acouple of the forums I post in. For all my years ntworking this is the only forum as soon as you post a topic every one wants to start spew garbage or turn it in something else, one example was the jamaican threade. Do you realy think by derespecting some one else you will gain respect from that person?. Do you spew garbage in the face of the jamaicansw you talk to in real life?, I don't think so.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 10:56:58 AM by jahkingdom »
Hard work is the key to success

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: October 13, 2010, 10:42:36 AM »

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: October 13, 2010, 10:45:13 AM »
From football to economics to nationality. Wow!!!!!!!!!

The hurt of the 2-leg football defeat to Jamaica must really sting for topics to keep switching from football. ;D
jjbrown

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: October 13, 2010, 10:53:00 AM »
From football to economics to nationality. Wow!!!!!!!!!

The hurt of the 2-leg football defeat to Jamaica must really sting for topics to keep switching from football. ;D
::)

an bakes alyuh d faster alyuh make dem fellas look like dey talkin to dey self is d faster dis .........errrrrrrrrr, whatever it is ??? will come to an end.......doh take dem on.....dais all
I pity the fool....

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: October 13, 2010, 11:14:55 AM »
Good news!

yes, because your country is a model for the world, 100% literacy rate, 0% violence, money to hand out and prosperity like nowhere else.

By the way, you know nothing about my education or my level of literacy. Dont assume things. My education has been good enough to provide me with a career that provides me a comfortable living, that is far superior to yours.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 11:17:51 AM by reggae-fan »

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #2407 on: October 13, 2010, 12:05:29 PM »
dude Trinidad will never gain the respect jamaica has around the world. :rotfl:
what are Trinidad international achievements that was also a game changer? :devil:

This entire discussion is getting sillier by the minute.  What "respect" does Jamaica have?  For being known as a violent society (right or wrong), for sex tourism, for it's homophobia and for it's almost reverent fixation with marijuana?  What game Jamaica change... de sex change game?  Allyuh man dressing like woman and allyuh woman looking like man.

i know from the start you could not manage this cause i will rip you apart, i just don't want to go too far. :rotfl: :rotfl:. i can tell when a man running out of ideas.

they are people from all walks of life in JA 
you talking these? :devil:

http://www.brianrosen.com/

http://www.complex.com/blogs/2009/11/11/worldwide-wednesday-the-9-hottest-jamaican-women/

witch Caribbean island have won the most beauty pageants?

bake and shit, you start smelling, :devil:

trinidad win 2 miss universe and 1 miss world, jamaica win 3 miss world

i guess 2+1 is less than 3  ???

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: October 13, 2010, 12:11:31 PM »
Yuh know you should take yuh own advice. just recently yuh told me that TC could rile me up easy easy and i don't realize the chain up, and ah had tuh thank yuh for that BC yuh was spot on, but yet i never realized it until you pull meh coat tail.

yuh also expressed your disgust @ TC yesterday that he was even trying tuh reason with a certain member BC of the senselessness of it all, but here you are expunging all this energy with ah man who is obviously never going to get it, so let me return the favor dread, that man will never concede, move on. yuh smarter than that.                            positive.

JC yuh absolutely right... I normally does ignore dem idiot Jamaicans who does come on here because unlike the ones I know in real life, these ones here dotish beyond belief.  The only ones I used to really extend any kinda benefit of the doubt to is Reggaefan, Willi and dis nannyhole fella.  Now ah see ah have to class him in with reggae-fan, jamaican tom and de rest ah de imps.  Just looking at the idiot response above tells yuh all yuh really need to know about this fella intelligence.
oh. So now you the victim and I am the villian. This is funny, do you notice that you was the one who took the thread off track. It was about football, until you try to desrispect or downplay jamaica importance. Do you notice that most of my post are counter to what you saying?. Most of my post are also links and facts rather than typing my opinion. I hear man talking about air jamaica, buju and drugs, weed, prostitution, tourist come to jamaica for sex, jamaica women look like men, you even go as far as calling me a nigga. I over look those post because I did not want to go so low. I must admit that I said c***y and that's a reply for you calling me a nigga. I don't think you would dare say that to my face. I never derespect trinidad,but say that jamaica is a more respected and influential country than trinidad. Man even talking about violence in jamaica even tho trinidad is not that for off, still I did not reply to that because my target was prove to you that you was dead wrong. You can talk about intelligence all you want, I don't think I should prove myself to you,cuase I. Know the type of person I am. I am currently posting from my android, else I would show you acouple of the forums I post in. For all my years ntworking this is the only forum as soon as you post a topic every one wants to start spew garbage or turn it in something else, one example was the jamaican threade. Do you realy think by derespecting some one else you will gain respect from that person?. Do you spew garbage in the face of the jamaicansw you talk to in real life?, I don't think so.

The problem with people like yourself is that you can't stand on your own two feet. You always run to hide behind the “accomplishments” of Jamaicans..when you likely have none to show for yourself.

Classic tactic used by racists, ultranationalists, communists and other degenerates. Typically expounding proudly about other peoples achievements so it could rub off on you. Meanwhile if you had a sense of pride in YOURSELF, you would not be over here trying to justify yuh wutless existence. To paraphrase  Chris Rock, you eh do nothing but fall out a pussy in Kingston, but yuh running around the site with yuh tampon string dragging trying to use the reggaeboyz or Usain Bolt  as a means to feel superior than us.

Who is YOU. What YOU ever do?

Jamaica could win every world cup, every gold medal and be the most adored country in the world, but you still a cacahole.

Anyway I done with allyuh. Rant and rave all yuh want...I need a good laugh  8)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 12:18:13 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: October 13, 2010, 12:42:00 PM »
Good news!

yes, because your country is a model for the world, 100% literacy rate, 0% violence, money to hand out and prosperity like nowhere else.

By the way, you know nothing about my education or my level of literacy. Dont assume things. My education has been good enough to provide me with a career that provides me a comfortable living, that is far superior to yours.

Touchy touchy....
Trinidad and Tobago may not be a model for the world, but it is one for Jamaica :devil:

You are right; I do not know about your education or level of literacy.  I do however know that telling me not to assume things, then to assume things of your own about my education and career is hypocritical.  It can give me an idea about your level of education or at least how you apply it.

You don't know me, and I'm quite happy to keep it that way.  No need to assume that you live more comfortable than me.  I'm comfortable with myself, that's why I go to a Soca Warriors website not Reggae Boyz.
whey boy!

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: October 13, 2010, 02:50:21 PM »

The problem with people like yourself is that you can't stand on your own two feet. You always run to hide behind the “accomplishments” of Jamaicans..when you likely have none to show for yourself.

Classic tactic used by racists, ultranationalists, communists and other degenerates. Typically expounding proudly about other peoples achievements so it could rub off on you. Meanwhile if you had a sense of pride in YOURSELF, you would not be over here trying to justify yuh wutless existence. To paraphrase  Chris Rock, you eh do nothing but fall out a pussy in Kingston, but yuh running around the site with yuh tampon string dragging trying to use the reggaeboyz or Usain Bolt  as a means to feel superior than us.

Who is YOU. What YOU ever do?

Jamaica could win every world cup, every gold medal and be the most adored country in the world, but you still a cacahole.

Anyway I done with allyuh. Rant and rave all yuh want...I need a good laugh  8)

the problem with people like you is that you is a f**king idiot. you telling some one they dont achieve anything even tho, you cant see the person or never saw the person  :rotfl: dude my field is business i don't play any sports at present.i may also be younger than you, i wont go in details but i can tell you that the amount of money i am currently making right here in Hackensack, New Jersey is what you can only dream about.jamaicans are more than sports jamicans are also entrepreneur, mayors, governors, councilors etc.. in America England and Canada.

Classic tactic used by racists, ultranationalists, communists and other degenerates
dude don't even talk about racist, i have gotten an email from a trini pointing out that a lot of dudes on this forum who are from a certain ethnic group are racist. and i have identify some posters already. i wont say who.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 03:13:43 PM by jahkingdom »

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: October 13, 2010, 03:04:19 PM »
Good news!

Touchy touchy....
Trinidad and Tobago may not be a model for the world, but it is one for Jamaica :devil:

You are right; I do not know about your education or level of literacy.  I do however know that telling me not to assume things, then to assume things of your own about my education and career is hypocritical.  It can give me an idea about your level of education or at least how you apply it.

You don't know me, and I'm quite happy to keep it that way.  No need to assume that you live more comfortable than me.  I'm comfortable with myself, that's why I go to a Soca Warriors website not Reggae Boyz.

in what way? economically, maybe?, just pray that you find more oil before the next 10 years when your reserve finish, cause it would be some shit to see you go on your own especially with a rising crime rate, unequal wealth,  16% poverty, no bed in hospitals, drinking water problem, corruption. if it was not for crime jamaica economy would grow by 5% every year, crime is jamaica biggest problem. you only surviving by oil, if jamaica find their oil buy the next 10 years our GDP will sky rocket, cause we already have an expanding tourist sector, improving bauxite industry, improving agriculture sector, there are plans to start sports tourism etc.. keep living in the pass, the future will be interesting. Brazil was at the IMF in the 1980s, they are now one of the fastest growing economy in the world. and if am not mistaken i also heard that they found oil.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 03:07:39 PM by jahkingdom »

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: October 13, 2010, 03:05:12 PM »
damm how old r u guys you both sound like little kids

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: October 13, 2010, 06:09:03 PM »

i know it hurts, sorry :devil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjZcYOdOVqo

http://www.ttfootballhistory.com/node/3819?size=thumbnail
Not to encourage you, but ah meaningless friendly? that's what you head over heels for? i just lose real respect for you dan. just last week japan beat argentina and some body beat the WC champs spain aswell. wiining ah friendly is meaningless.

wait till the degicel, gold cup or WCQ tuh bragg nah, BC that's when it's really important. i is not one the the ppl who hate it when we lose to jamaica so fortunately for me it's like water off ah duck's back.

i have confidence we will beat jamaica when it counts.

hopefully  latas gets it together by then since he's never going to be fired anytime soon, and it's already too late tuh start wid another coach, though i believe that latas should've been fired after the first jamaica game, now it's too late.

beat us in the digicel, gold cup and kick us out the hex and that is ah sweeter victory, and that's very possible, but just hold off on the celebration for now, it could blow up in yuh face.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 03:49:37 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2415 on: October 13, 2010, 07:46:54 PM »

Not to encourage you, but ah meaningless friendly? that's what you head over heels for? i just lose real respect for you dan. just last week japan beat argentina and some body beat the WC champs spain aswell. wiining ah friendly is meaningless.

wait till the degicel, gold cup or WCQ tuh bragg nah, BC that's when it's really important. i is not one the the ppl who hate it when we lose to jamaica so fortunately for me it's like water off ah duck's back.

hopefully  latas get it together by then since he's never going to be fired anytime soon, and it's already too late tuh start wid another coach, though i believe that latas should've been fired after the first jamaica game, now it's too late.

beat us in the digicel, gold cup and kick us out the hex and that is ah sweeter victory, and that's very possible, but just hold off on the celebration for now, it could blow up in yuh face.

just cool. if jamaica lose to Trinidad you have all the right to enjoy it till the next one come. i am not really celebrating, but just throwing it in some dude face who talk too much. after jamaica win that match, how many times you saw me post about it?, maybe one or two time and that's it. so if we lost in the degicel cup so be it, but we are not going there to lose we are going to win.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 07:48:50 PM by jahkingdom »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: October 13, 2010, 08:04:23 PM »

hopefully  latas get it together by then since he's never going to be fired anytime soon, and it's already too late tuh start wid another coach, though i believe that latas should've been fired after the first jamaica game, now it's too late.

just cool. if jamaica lose to Trinidad you have all the right to enjoy it till the next one come. i am not really celebrating, but just throwing it in some dude face who talk too much. after jamaica win that match, how many times you saw me post about it?, maybe one or two time and that's it. so if we lost in the degicel cup so be it, but we are not going there to lose we are going to win.

Who isn't?!  8)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: October 14, 2010, 08:55:03 AM »

hopefully  latas gets it together by then since he's never going to be fired anytime soon, and it's already too late tuh start wid another coach, though i believe that latas should've been fired after the first jamaica game, now it's too late.

Jamaica's Reggae Boyz did knock out T&T out of the 2008 Digicel Cup with a 1-1 draw which also knock T&T chances of going to the Gold Cup; somehow the fate of the draw always seems to make T&T avoid Jamaica; and finally Jamaica's Reggae Boyz did beat T&T home and away in the 2002 HEX where T&T finished dead last.
Just the facts. Just the facts.
jjbrown

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: October 14, 2010, 09:15:30 AM »

Jamaica's Reggae Boyz did knock out T&T out of the 2008 Digicel Cup with a 1-1 draw which also knock T&T chances of going to the Gold Cup; somehow the fate of the draw always seems to make T&T avoid Jamaica; and finally Jamaica's Reggae Boyz did beat T&T home and away in the 2002 HEX where T&T finished dead last.

And??!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: October 14, 2010, 09:47:01 AM »

And??!
See JustCool statement above. ;D
jjbrown

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: October 14, 2010, 10:26:29 AM »

And??!

Fine. Jamaica is better and T&T has never been good in regional football. Jamaica has always been the regional powerhouse in Caribbean football.

Now please let us end this silly conversation.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: October 14, 2010, 11:14:09 AM »

And??!

Fine. Jamaica is better and T&T has never been good in regional football. Jamaica has always been the regional powerhouse in Caribbean football.

Don't you mean discontinue this thread.
I'm willing to do that until another thread about Jamaica's football begins. ;D
jjbrown

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: October 14, 2010, 11:30:31 PM »

And??!

Don't you mean discontinue this thread.
I'm willing to do that until another thread about Jamaica's football begins. ;D
i have one simple question? where was jamaica from 1973 to 1994? the world didn't even know they had ah football team, much less talk about them in the football world.

before then jamaica has won nothing substantial or did well in any football tourney tuh say,hmmmm, these fellas kickin real arse ah wonder who dem is boy? :thinking:

back then, the only thing jamaica was good @ was horse racing and track and field, but football belonged to haiti and T&T. it's only till 1994 jamaica rare their heads and started making ah lil waves in the football world, and i was really happy for them, BC they loved the sport, but don't get beside yuh self. allyuh just start beating people about 15 yrs ago. but before that allyuh was in the football wilderness.

PS: bredder, i really don't care if jamaica beat T&T every six months, all i care about is getting competent administrators tuh run our football, and when that does happen and they get the ball rolling properly, then i will feel @ ease enough to engage you in ah race for braggin rights, but as of right now, our federation is fackin up seriously with ah bunch ah duncy a$$ n!gg@rs @ the helm!

so take win for now, we will see who will be in the hex, who will win the degicel, and who will win the GC. ah know one thing for sure, ah have ah better team than yours on paper, but seeing them playing all together is ah different story, since our federation does always find ah way to keep our best players off the field and show case the snakes & hounds.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: October 15, 2010, 02:04:44 AM »
Wow! Convenient it seems for only Trinis wanting to bring a point across by digging up the past. Yet, when I do I'm told, in not so many words, to stick with the present.
Talk about double standards.

But your statement does prove my point: with Jamaica joining CONCACAF and FIFA in 1962 when Jamaica gain independence. How is it, as you stated, that with Jamaica raring our heads in 1994 and started making little waves that with football belonging to T&T and Haiti in all those years before; Jamaica qualified for a World Cup before T&T and has surpassed T&T since that time T&T has been unable to beat Jamaica since May 17, 2001.
Besides, how is it that Jamaica has beaten T&T more at their home than T&T has done in Jamaica?       
jjbrown

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: October 15, 2010, 04:00:43 AM »

Just count your blessings
Be thankfull....... :devil:

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Under - 20 Qualifiers from Guyama live stream thread
« Reply #2425 on: October 15, 2010, 07:49:47 AM »

RF what was the score in the guyana game?

Rbz won 2-0

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: October 15, 2010, 05:32:57 PM »
Wow! Convenient it seems for only Trinis wanting to bring a point across by digging up the past. Yet, when I do I'm told, in not so many words, to stick with the present.
Talk about double standards.

But your statement does prove my point: with Jamaica joining CONCACAF and FIFA in 1962 when Jamaica gain independence. How is it, as you stated, that with Jamaica raring our heads in 1994 and started making little waves that with football belonging to T&T and Haiti in all those years before; Jamaica qualified for a World Cup before T&T and has surpassed T&T since that time T&T has been unable to beat Jamaica since May 17, 2001.
Besides, how is it that Jamaica has beaten T&T more at their home than T&T has done in Jamaica?       
Guy, i not in no competition ting wid you nah, BC @ the end of the day it's just ah pass time we gloating over. it's not like football does improve the economic state of ah country nor does it improve it's standard of living.

it's not like T&T and jamaica is brazil and argentina who does be @ it all the while, and with good cause! @ least they have ah reason tuh rival each other BC them team is world power house and won about seven world cups between them both! as it is, T&T and jamaica still struggling to win ah gold cup, but here you are bragging bout beating T&T, which in reality, no one who matters in the world cares!

i really sick ah dis jamaica trinidad competition you does be on all the time oui, it's dunce and backward if you ask me! every body wants their team to do well, but must we always hear this shyte every monday morning?

yes i want my team to do good and will be much more pleased if we were to beat mexico, costa-rica and honduras, BC they are bigger teams and ah competitive victory over them would be ah greater feat than beating JA.

it would be a joy to put mexico or costa-rica out the hex, or beat honduras in ah gold cup semi final since them spanish does disrespect T&T when we visit them in our away fixtures, and total dominance over them would be sweet to teach them some respect, but for me there's no sweetness in beating jamaica, that's like beatin up your little cousin and feeling good about it. for me that is.

like i said before, but ah guess yuh wasn't listening! i don't care if JA beat us six out of six friendlies, all i care about is the state of our federation or lack thereof, and would love to see camps and all them old men hit the exit! but unitl then, i not really trying to assume no braggin rights thing wid you nah boss, go by dinho and sam dem wid that stupid sh!t!

i rather see the T&T federation step up the game and take the sport serious in this land, and you should wish the same for land too, instead of this stupid childish meaningless rivalry , or non rivalry i should say.  sttuueeeppssss

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: October 16, 2010, 08:38:00 AM »
So if you not interested in talking about football. Why even bother to come on the forum and waste fingertips.
The thread is about football where my interest lies and not economics.
Nuff said.
jjbrown

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: October 16, 2010, 03:25:10 PM »
So if you not interested in talking about football. Why even bother to come on the forum and waste fingertips.
The thread is about football where my interest lies and not economics.
Nuff said.
Yous ah real thick tribal fella boy. any way take win. jamaica is the best in the caribbean, matter of fact in the WOORRRLLDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!! there, i conceded.    end of discussion.

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: October 16, 2010, 03:37:11 PM »
Gordon Williams, Gleaner Writer

Scouts for top professional football clubs in North America have quietly stepped up their search for Jamaican talent.

Sources at several Major League Soccer (MLS) clubs, and even the lower-level United Soccer Leagues (USL), confirmed that Jamaican players have become prime targets, not just for their skills on the field - specifically speed, athleticism and technical ability - but their cheaper price tag.

"(The clubs) are interested in Jamaican players," Tyrone Marshall, a national player in MLS for over a decade and currently with the Seattle Sounders, said recently. "They are coming to Jamaica."

"Definitely, there is an interest (in Jamaican players)," added Reggae Boyz striker Omar Cummings, a star for MLS's Colorado Rapids.

Currently, at least a dozen Jamaica-born players are in MLS. According to Jamaicans in the league, club administrators have told them of their ramped up interest in local-based players.

"(They ask) just in general," explained Cummings, "like if they have a position open. They themselves will be looking at players that I don't even know about."

SHIFT

The renewed interest is a shift in approach, from when Jamaicans were bypassed because some clubs labelled them lazy and lacking professional attitude.

"I think we've shed that (bad image) quite a while back," said Marshall. "Those old traditional coaches had attached that stigma to the Jamaican players. Now they see Jamaican players work hard like anyone else, or harder. So that stigma is no longer there."

The scouts are now being ordered to look closer at talent from Jamaica and the wider Caribbean, but without public fanfare. According to Marshall, MLS scouts quietly flocked to the last Digicel Caribbean Cup, which Jamaica won two years ago. The case of striker, prolific Digicel Premier League goalscorer Devon Hodges, who is currently at Tivoli Gardens FC, is a recent example of a Jamaican drawing heightened interest from MLS clubs.

"Quite a few teams sent someone there to look (at Hodges)," said Marshall.

Hodges, along with other Jamaicans, have earned tryouts with MLS clubs in recent years. The striker had a stint with the Rapids. Lovel Palmer, formerly of Harbour View, signed with the Houston Dynamo this season. Khari Stephenson, who started his pro career in MLS, recently returned to the league with the San Jose Earthquakes after time in Europe.

IMPACT

Jamaican players like Cummings, Marshall, Stephenson, Shavar Thomas of the Kansas City Wizards, Andy Williams of reigning champions Real Salt Lake, Earthquakes' Ryan Johnson, plus newcomers O'Brian White of Toronto FC and Shaun Francis of Columbus Crew have been selected in the MLS draft by clubs out of North American universities. Most have made solid club contributions. Cummings is third among scorers in MLS this season with 12 goals, while St James native Jeff Cunningham of FC Dallas tied the record for most career MLS goals with 132 on October 2.

"The majority of the MLS teams have a Jamaican playing in the starting eleven," said Reggae Boy Nicholas Addlery, a former MLS player now in USL with Puerto Rico Islanders.

" ... So you can see that the impact of Jamaicans is coming more to the forefront of these leagues, and it's becoming more important."

Yet, while the search for Reggae Boyz talent has been extended deeper, it appears the clubs are not eager to advertise their interest in Jamaicans or their scouting missions to the island.

"They want to come in under the radar," explained Marshall.

Clubs do not want to alert rivals of their interest in a particular player, cautious not to spark a bidding war over the price for his services. Scouts also want to observe players in their natural environment, without them knowing they are being watched, to get a better idea of their attitude.

"It's a character issue as well," said Marshall.

discreet enquiry

Earlier this year, a scout from one MLS club, who is also an assistant for a national team in CONCACAF, discreetly enquired where he could watch top Jamaican players during a visit to the island. A trend appears to be forming.

"I remember a year ago ... I was talking with the GM (general manager) and he was down in Jamaica scouting," said Johnson recently. "These are things they are telling me after the fact. So they're doing their homework in Jamaica."

According to Johnson, who left Jamaica as a child and grew up in the US, American players generally do not have the physical talents Jamaicans do, and North American clubs may have recognised that some of those assets cannot be coached.

"Just the natural speed," said the striker. "Speed is the first thing. Speed is one big thing that Jamaica has. That's one thing that a lot of people come down (to see), and just the natural skill level of certain players that you just pick up from when you are young."

Some MLS players, for example, David Beckham, Thierry Henry and Rafa Marquez, earn millions of dollars in salary per year. Jamaicans can hope to command only a small fraction of that if they join the league, although the gap in talent between them and the trio is no longer wide. Jamaicans are relatively unknown quantities in world football, especially in MLS where name recognition is a key to generating fan support and revenue for the club.

Yet, although the low price tag makes them attractive, the increasing influx of Jamaicans in North American leagues could raise the Boyz's profile appreciably in the next few years, especially as the US bids to host another World Cup. Word is spreading.

"It does get around the league that Jamaica has some talent there," said Marshall.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20101016/sports/sports4.html

1]; } ?>