July 27, 2024, 04:25:59 AM

Author Topic: T&T Players in U.S College Round-Up. (13-Sept-2005).  (Read 4535 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
T&T Players in U.S College Round-Up. (13-Sept-2005).
« on: September 13, 2005, 10:29:14 AM »
Southern Connecticut States catches back form.

Nationally ranked Southern Connecticut State University looked more liked themselves when they defeated Felician University and St Michael's University 1-0 and 5-0 respectively. Former Naparima College standout, Ancil Farrier had an assit in their 1-0 victory over Felician University. Farrier played a clinical long ball over the top for striker Sean Keane who made no mistakes in overtime slotting the ball pass the goal keeper to win the game. Former national and St Anthony's standout, Stephen Cruickshank was sick and therefore unable to participate in competition. Southern Connecticut next assignment is St Rose University on tuesday 13th of september.

Benito is Boss!!

Despite his team's dismal performance thus far in the 2005 season, former St Antony's standout, Keeron Benito has proved himself to be a major threat to his opponent. After missing the first game against arch-rivals Florida International University, Keeron returned to the line-up with a 6-3 victory over Jacksonville University. His speed and skill seems too much for defenders to handle. Head coach, George Kiefer stated that, "it is nice to have Keeron back in the line up." "The team is much more in sync when he is playing." Keeron has one goal thus far. However, the chances he creates and tempo he carries on the field is what makes him so dangerous in his conference. Keeron is a two time "All Conference USA" selection.

"D Knight"

Former national and Naparima College standout, Teba Mcknight was named to the "All tournament team" at the adidas-brown soccer classic. The tournament featured University of Connecticut, Brown University, George Mason University and University of North Carolina Greensboro, all of which top flight schools in NCAA division 1.
Though Teba was "silent" this weekend in terms of scoring, he still played a crucial part in his team lone goal when he delivered a deadly free kick to find the head of Karim Manneh. The final score in that game was 3-1 to Brown University. George Mason will then face George Washington University on September 17th.

The "Williams" attack.

Former national under 17 and QRC stand out, Carron Williams has enjoyed the better of success at the college football level in America. Since entering the U.S football arena he gained a National NAIA title with University of Mobile in 2002 and presently has won back-to-back division I conference titles with Florida International University, thus making NCAA appearances. Carron is quick, strong and deadly with the ball at his feet. Carron has recieved consecutive "First team All-Atlantic Soccer conference" awards as well as 2004 NSCAA/adidas All-South Second Team.
At present, Carron has 2 goals in 3 games. He is FIU (florida international university) main marks man and is expected to score many goals this season. Carron might be one of those players who would play professional after college in the US if his deadly form continues.

Jordan earns selection.

Former St Benidicts and National under 17 player, Akil jordan has been named to the "All tournament team" over the weekend for Canisius College. Known by his teammates as "Jodi," Akil is one of the most technical and skillful players with the ball at his feet in his conference and regionally. Small but yet strong and possessing the ability to weave his way through his opponents, Jordan has been a  hazord to all the teams' defences he faced this year.
Meanwhile, former Naparima College and National standout, Fabien Lewis scored his team lone goal of a corner to earn them a 1-1 tie with St Bonnaventure University. Canisius College is now 0-3-2 on the season and will play St Francis (P.A) at home on the 23rd of september.

Uconn ranked 8th nationally.

Former National and St Anthony's player, Julius James, has been enjoying a lot of success playing at the highest level in college football. James has been named "All American," "Big East Second team"  and "All Rookie Team" during his tenure at University of Connecticut.
In addition, he has also been a player that could find the back of the net when his team needs it. In fact, he scored the winner against George Mason University when both team meet on Friday september 9th. James has been becoming more and more of a mature and composed defender everytime he steps on the field. His team is expected to win the "Big East Conference" and make yet another NCAA appearance.

Wheeling loosing their wheels.

Wheeling Jesuit University are trying to catch back winning form left by the legacy of Former national and Naparima College standouts Leon Brown and Joel Bailey three years ago. Well former Presentation and Naparima College standouts, Jade Jones and Lyndell Pompey are two players that are trying to bring back Wheeling to the top flight that they were once at. Presently they are 2-4 on the season and desperate for more wins to boost their ranking and make it to the play-off.
Jade Jones was the "Player of the year" last year in his conference, "All Region team" and "First team All conference." He states, i am really looking forward to doing well this season again."

Mbwana enjoys winning streak!

Mbwana Johnson have enjoyed the start to his season thus far with the University at Buffalo. The former Pleasantville Senior Comprehensive standout have started every game and played an integral part in his team's success.
The intimidating 6-2 frame of Mbwana has always been there when his team needs him. He made some vital tackles in their come from behind 3-2 victory over Valpariso University two weeks ago in which he was named to the "All Tournament team" during that competition. University at Buffalo is expected to continue their winning ways as the season unfolds.

Toby looks at highest height.

Former Signal Hill standout, Darren Toby is hoping to experience the same type of success with his team this season as he did last season. The College of Charleston Midfielder has one goal thus far. In addition, he assited in the heart breaking 3-2 overtime lost to Duke University, who are ranked # 3 in the nation. Darren delivered a pin point cross to Jeremy Gold who tied the game 2-2 thus sending it into over-time where they lost.
Last season College of Charleston went to the second round of the NCAA tournament. This year Darren hopes that his team would reach further. Their record now stands at 2-3.

Norman and Abraham doing well.

Rhett Abraham and Kevin Norman are enjoying their last season with Furman University. The two former St Mary's College stand out have both started all five games for Furman University thus far. Norman has two assit and Abraham has one. Kevin is the team captain and a stalwart in the defensive midfield position. His accuracy of passing and aggression has earned him the respect in his conference and regionally. Furman now hold a 0-3-2 record but is expected to catch fine form as the season goes on.

Soca Warriors Online News Press.[/color]
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 10:37:44 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
Re: T&T Players in U.S College Round-Up. (13-Sept-2005).
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 11:03:18 AM »
flex boy ah see yuh talk bout FIU carron williams...but they have ah sweeper name sheldon jardine who played ah st. anthonys. he is ah junior transfer from georgia perimeter college. he carried his team to the national junior college final where they lost 3-1. he was all american first team his 2 years there. so carron have some good help in defense. on the same team there is also ah jamaican called ainsley...also from perimeter college...defender too. since tallman in the area he should go ketch dem boys games.

also what about steve sealy...he still at uconn? ah aint hear yuh talk bout he!!!
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 11:56:58 AM »
flex boy ah see yuh talk bout FIU carron williams...but they have ah sweeper name sheldon jardine who played ah st. anthonys. he is ah junior transfer from georgia perimeter college. he carried his team to the national junior college final where they lost 3-1. he was all american first team his 2 years there. so carron have some good help in defense. on the same team there is also ah jamaican called ainsley...also from perimeter college...defender too. since tallman in the area he should go ketch dem boys games.

also what about steve sealy...he still at uconn? ah aint hear yuh talk bout he!!!

Mbwana Johnson is meh cousin fordy he tell meh how univ of buffalo unbeaten right now

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 12:10:03 PM »
guz boy ah hear so too. it aint have no body in dem conference to beat dem. by de way yuh going training tonight?

Offline shooter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2005, 12:41:12 PM »
it have some trinis down south in mobile too.......

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2005, 01:01:53 PM »
guz boy ah hear so too. it aint have no body in dem conference to beat dem. by de way yuh going training tonight?

I working emory tonight from 4 this evening so maybe tommorow but as usual ill call ya and let yuh know what we doing tommorow dwayne tell me bout wings training tomorow and sealey tell meh bout the mexican team training so i aint know which one as yet i might check wings out...

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2005, 01:06:22 PM »

I working emory tonight from 4 this evening so maybe tommorow but as usual ill call ya and let yuh know what we doing tommorow dwayne tell me bout wings training tomorow and sealey tell meh bout the mexican team training so i aint know which one as yet i might check wings out...

if yuh going wings ah dey.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2005, 02:32:08 PM »
julius james is a big player and soon enough he will be one of the answers to our defensive problems.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2005, 09:06:37 PM »

Yea, ah read up on them trini's in mobile but them aint doing nothing down dey right now. they only play 2 games and draw both of them. one of them get ah red card and d other one trying to catch back some form. meh cousin going to lindsey wilson college and tell meh that university of mobile is food. i went up on d site and ah do some research and ah see mobile get about 8 from them last year. when them trini start doing things then i would expect flex to give them ah well deserve write up.

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2005, 05:45:32 AM »
Julius James is shit, I could run backwards and run faster than he.... we need fast defenders...

Fabien Lewis and Anthony Noreiga is better defenders.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 05:46:45 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2005, 09:21:24 AM »

Yea, ah read up on them trini's in mobile but them aint doing nothing down dey right now. they only play 2 games and draw both of them. one of them get ah red card and d other one trying to catch back some form. meh cousin going to lindsey wilson college and tell meh that university of mobile is food. i went up on d site and ah do some research and ah see mobile get about 8 from them last year. when them trini start doing things then i would expect flex to give them ah well deserve write up.

boss...lindsey wilson is ah powerhouse in naia football...yuh cud expect dem to hit anybody 8 regardless to who on de team!!!

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2005, 01:42:50 PM »
 I agree with Sam Julius James (although not a bad player) is not the best defender we have going to college.. Fabien Lewis and Noreiga much better than him..But he is a town man and they from south so yuh done know he might quicker get a call-up in time to come...Go T&T

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2005, 07:26:23 PM »
big up to julius i see da man raise a stone 100 times by d cafeteria in st james sec an dat was befor he was a ntional under 17

to bad bout d own goal though he go lock d defense tight cum 2010
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline tnt4tony

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2005, 11:37:09 PM »
Any information on the T&T women in  US colleges?

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2005, 02:44:00 PM »
bossman de name of de game is chess not checkers. if we wanted ah fast runner we have marc burns. we want an intelligent aggresive player thats the only reason i recommended julius. bless :beermug:

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2005, 04:01:58 PM »
bossman de name of de game is chess not checkers. if we wanted ah fast runner we have marc burns. we want an intelligent aggresive player thats the only reason i recommended julius. bless :beermug:

star, you ever see noriega and lewis defend? star, julius not in them fellas shoes. i know james, seen him play numerous times. he is a good defender. all due respect to the youte but them fellas faster, smarter, stronger and better than james. trust meh star!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2005, 04:37:30 PM »
sO KINGsMAN is atiba mc night anthony noriega good enough to enter the mls draft just asking??
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2005, 04:38:17 PM »
Any information on the T&T women in  US colleges?

the only info ah have on female ballers in college is the kennasaw university womens team won the national div 2 title last year. they lost ah couple of the players for this year but they suppose to be contenders again this year. the team last year had bout 4 girls on de national team on the kennasaw squad...patrice rose being the big gun on de team!!!

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2005, 05:15:55 PM »
 yes Mc knight and noreiga could make mls. George mason wasn't all that good until them fellas come . And they play good teams and beat them. McKnight is a true goalscorer...If he get into the mls into a good program he could develop into a class player that could make it in europe. He is all about Goals ...Go T&T

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2005, 05:40:35 PM »
sO KINGsMAN is atiba mc night anthony noriega good enough to enter the mls draft just asking??

star, i think mcknight and noriega could make the MLS draft with ease. Them fellas is two quality players. In addition, i looking at benito and carron as two other men who could enter the draft. the bad part about the draft is that your TEAM have to be doing well and get well recognized. i have seen very good players from trinidad not make the draft because there team was shit. so therefore, thier faith lies in their teams' hands. sad but true. look at scott sealy, nice player and went to a big school so get he bly. look at brent rahim, nice player and went to a big school. yuh school does carry some help for that draft. lets see how it goes though. steve sealy is probably another player who could make the draft because he is doing well and going a big school. however, he had an illness and would not play this season. he will be back in ripping form come next year.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2005, 06:16:36 PM »
yuh sound like yuh know what yuh talking bout so i would take yuh word fuh it. :beermug: :beermug:
blessings though

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2005, 06:23:42 PM »
I JUS HAV A FEELING KINGSMAN FROM SOUTH NO OFFENCE :devil:
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2005, 05:45:00 AM »
I JUS HAV A FEELING KINGSMAN FROM SOUTH NO OFFENCE :devil:

yuh see star, that is we trinidadians problem. we only studying this north south thing. star, i am from arima but i not living there anymore. ah was a big fan of eldo when beardie, kwame wilshire, devon jordan and beef and them fellas was playing. all ah them just gone down d drain now. i does follow football all over d country. well at least i use to. whether yuh from north, tobago, south, central, east or west i does give jack his jacket. i have seen great players from the north south, east and tobago. and i always rate them. (denzil from malick, anton joseph from mucurapo, kyle from QRC, jerol forbes from naps, steve sealy and jones from st anthony and kwame from eldo. i could continue forever star. i just love to see nice football and i does rate footballers, regardless of where they from.

1]; } ?>