June 11, 2024, 08:11:53 PM

Author Topic: Warriors to face Chile January 24  (Read 5942 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Warriors to face Chile January 24
« on: January 08, 2009, 08:28:42 PM »
'Warriors' to train in Maradona's area.
... T&T to play Chile on Jan 24.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago’s National Senior Team will face of f with Chile’s National Senior Team in a friendly International in Santiago on January 24.

The team leaves for Argentina on January 21 and will then cross over to Chile for the encounter before returning to the set up in Argentina.

Head coach Francisco Maturana and TTFF operations official Cheryl Abrams traveled to Argentina this week and confirmed on Thursday that the T&T team will engage in the training camp at the Cafar Training Centre which his famous for hosting the Boca Juniors football club as well as the Argentina National Team.

An advisory from Cafar states “CEFAR is settled in La Candela, a historic place for soccer. In this building, over this lawn, under this archs, trained the first divisions of the Club Atlético Boca Junior, including among the biggest personalities at the time, Diego Armando Maradona.”

The training camp will be funded by the TTFF to the tune of USD100,000. During their stay there, the T&T team, which will include Assistant coach/Player Russell Latapy, will play four training matches against Argentina Primera Division club Independiente (January 28), Velez Sarsfield (January 30), Gimnasia y Esgrim de la Plata (February 1) and Second Division club Quilmes on February 3.

The Cafar venue has the following facilities and lodgings:

A house for the concentration of 1° division staff
Conference room
Teaching rooms
International cuisine
Full board
Comfortable rooms with many facilities
Telephone, Television and interntet connection
Play room
Full laundry service
Central heating and air conditioning
24 hours security
24 hours Kinesiology doctors
Permanent sports doctor
Pharmacology

TTFF Special Adviser Jack Warner revealed that the move to stage the build up to El Salvador in Argentina was a well thought out one.

“We felt it was necessary to ensure that the team was in a perfect football environment for its preparations before the El Salvador encounter and after much discussions, we decided upon the Cafar venue which is second to none in Argentina. The head coach Maturana knows the venue and this is a plus while our Assistant Coach Russell Latapy was also informed of the venue and is pleased to be joining the team for it,” Warner told TTFF Media.

“We are aware of the fact that the European-based players will only join us in El Salvador but that’s the way it has to happen and therefore there was the obvious need to ensure that the players available to us now would be given the best form of preparation to make up for the fact that they are now in off season. And some of them  will of course join the overseas-based players to form the final team for El Salvador.”

Team manager David Muhammad and team trainer Jorge Ruiz will return from El Salvador on Sunday, currently there inspecting the match and training venues as well as finalizing accommodation arrangements for the team.

Meanwhile, the T&T Under 20 team also departs for Brazil on January 18 for a ten-day training camp which will be funded by the TTFF to the tune of USD 88,000.

Warner revealed too that T&T will host the eight-nation CONCACAF Final Round of Qualification for the Under 20 World Cup here on  March 5-15.  The event in itself will cost USD 300,000.

Local fans will get to witness the best of regional youth football with Canada, Mexico, United States, Costa Rica, El Salvador and two other countries will battle for four spots at the 2009 FIFA Under 20 World Championship in Egypt from September 25-October 16.

The draw for that final round of qualification as well as the U-17 Final round will take place at the CONCACAF Headquarters, Trump Tower, New York next Thursday.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 08:42:17 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 'Warriors' to train in Maradona's area.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 08:57:02 PM »
Sounding good but it always does.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

truetrini

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 09:09:18 PM »
Published: January 8th, 2009

T&T’s National Senior Team will face off with Chile’s National Senior Team in a friendly International in Santiago on January 24. The team leaves for Argentina on January 21 and will then cross over to Chile for the encounter before returning to the set up in Argentina. Head coach Francisco Maturana and TTFF operations official Cheryl Abrams travelled to Argentina this week and confirmed yesterday that the T&T team will engage in the training camp at the Cafar Training Centre which his famous for hosting the Boca Juniors football club as well as the Argentina National Team.

The training camp will be funded by the TTFF to the tune of $600,000. During their stay there, the T&T team, which will include Assistant coach/Player Russell Latapy, will play four training matches against Argentina Primera Division club Independiente January 28, Velez Sarsfield January 30, Gimnasia y Esgrim de la Plata February 1 and Second Division club Quilmes on February 3. TTFF Special Adviser Jack Warner revealed that the move to stage the build up to El Salvador in Argentina was a well thought out one. “We felt it was necessary to ensure that the team was in a perfect football environment for its preparations before the El Salvador encounter and after much discussions, we decided upon the Cafar venue which is second to none in Argentina.

The head coach Maturana knows the venue and this is a plus while our Assistant Coach Russell Latapy was also informed of the venue and is pleased to be joining the team for it,” Warner said. “We are aware of the fact that the European-based players will only join us in El Salvador but that’s the way it has to happen and therefore there was the obvious need to ensure that the players available to us now would be given the best form of preparation to make up for the fact that they are now in off season. And some of them will of course join the overseas-based players to form the final team for El Salvador.”
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 09:12:41 PM by truetrini »

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors to face Chile January 24
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 10:22:46 PM »
go be happy if this really happens...decent preparation
Back in Trini...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 12:20:03 AM »
Fuh de life of me I doh understand why we wasting time playing ah shit squad like Chile.  Why we even going Argentina... what, Spain wasn't available?

steups

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 12:48:45 AM »
Fuh de life of me I doh understand why we wasting time playing ah shit squad like Chile.  Why we even going Argentina... what, Spain wasn't available?

steups

Come on Bake....yuh know we have to creep before we walk.  Is true we have to leggo de small island mentality and do big tings, but Spain might be kinda pushing it.  Das like asking dem to build ah subway in trinidad instead ah de water taxi.  I doh mind de Chile pick for de warm up.  It is ideal for de El Salador feel (probably a more difficult team as well)...So leh we rock back and let de locals get a feel for de South American atmosphere

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 12:49:16 AM »

steups
Guyana wasn't available.  :P ;) ;D

Seriously though Chile won't have their best players and neither will T&T.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 01:27:35 AM by theworm2345 »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 12:53:34 AM »
I think we could get a lesson. Remember that 2007 U-20 squad. They was really good and promising. They played some good football, so I looking for a good game.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

truetrini

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 01:03:54 AM »
ways...bakes you explain it.....

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009, 05:47:28 AM »
wey Chile from ???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 06:05:55 AM »

steups

sounds like an arrow impersonation to me!!  ;D
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 06:12:05 AM »

steups

We may well have to play dem same chileans in a play-off for de world cup... they are currently 4th in the South American group.

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2009, 06:12:23 AM »
I think the aim would be for the players to have the opportunity just to play together...they haven't been together for a while, and practice makes perfect- remember?

imho the coach and players need time together and a camp wherever it is held is a positive move. and yes being a south american environment will get them accustomed to a faster game...

and in any case just being away from home means no partying and skylarking...

my 5 cents ;D (that's with inflation :rotfl:)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2009, 06:13:26 AM »

steups

kinda gave me d same vibe too
I pity the fool....

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2009, 06:38:55 AM »

steups

Dat dey is what I doh understand bout some Trinis. We doh have we fuss team, we eh playing de likes of Guyana, Vinci, B-dos, etc... We playing ah next team dem without dey pros and we too. and alyuh eh satisfied. only want to play England, Spain, brazil, and dem to get we butts handed to we secound team... We have tuh crawl before yuh walk.

Who do you suggest we play fuh dem boys to get ah good run. Who you think go play against them if dey already doh want tuh play against de fusst team?

Aye but alyuh know ball.... ;)
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2009, 06:40:34 AM »

steups

yeh it reeks of sarcasm

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2009, 06:49:58 AM »

steups

From inception!
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2009, 06:55:15 AM »

steups

yeh it reeks of sarcasm

Well if it is then I appologies. But ah read dat and meh head get hot  ;D
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2009, 06:56:32 AM »
watch at how bakes catch a set of pple yes...lol
Back in Trini...

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2009, 06:58:39 AM »
seem like the ttff have money
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2009, 07:10:28 AM »

steups

yeh it reeks of sarcasm

Lol plenty fish biting aready

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2009, 07:48:23 AM »
...unfortunately the game vs Chile was a non starter as team officials did not speak spanish ...if they did they would have realised that what was said when talking about warm up games  was that it "would be chilly "  :devil:

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2009, 07:49:41 AM »

Of course, Jackula mortgage another property......steups ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2009, 08:10:18 AM »

Sure and if he need taxi fare ..he could mortgage Camps !

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2009, 01:05:55 PM »

Dat goh be a real short taxi ride
well yes

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2009, 01:21:39 PM »
I dont like how the article is littered with expense details, but anything ever involving income is NEVER mentioned at all by the TTFF.

As for the trip/camp, its a good set of fixtures. It'll be embarrassing when we lose to some of those club sides though. Hopefully some foreign based/MLS players like James, Sealy, Birchall can get an open invitation to the camp.
Hart for president

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2009, 01:43:08 PM »
Like Arrow start giving lessons...

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2009, 01:50:39 PM »
I dont like how the article is littered with expense details, but anything ever involving income is NEVER mentioned at all by the TTFF.

As for the trip/camp, its a good set of fixtures. It'll be embarrassing when we lose to some of those club sides though. Hopefully some foreign based/MLS players like James, Sealy, Birchall can get an open invitation to the camp.

Ah remember during the last campaign they made an attempt at looking transparent by publishing the Income Statement after each game, but this time around they know people will be paying closer attention so we eh seeing nutten....steups...fire bun Jackula yes....pure fyah!!....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2009, 02:34:38 PM »

and still have change to buy an empanada and coke  :devil:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2009, 04:20:55 PM »

Lol, nah I ent i mpersonating nobody... but it's just ridiculous what I does read big man saying on this forum sometimes.  Just last week some foolhead fella (cyah remember who) was saying how is ah waste ah time to be going Argentina tuh train and ting.

1]; } ?>