June 09, 2024, 08:08:45 PM

Author Topic: Peltier in for Argentina trip  (Read 2746 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Peltier in for Argentina trip
« on: January 14, 2009, 02:54:00 PM »
Peltier in for Argentina trip
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF)

Striker Lester Peltier and midfielder Akeil Guevera have been drafted into the Trinidad and Tobago Senior Team which departs for Argentina on Wednesday for a training camp ahead of next month’s 2010 World Cup Qualifier against El Salvador.

Both players are coming in at the expense of Osei Telesford who sustained a knee injury last week which may require surgery, and Khaleem Hyland is in Europe at the moment hoping to secure a contract with a club in Belgium.

Peltier already trained with the team under the watchful eyes of Francisco Maturana and Russell Latapy while Guevera will join training within the next few days.

Meantime, the T&T versus Chile friendly international carded for January 24 in Santiago has been put off after the Chile Football Association made a request on Monday for the game to be brought forward to January 21. However, team manager David Muhammad explained that all travel arrangements had already been confirmed for the team to travel out of Trinidad on January 21. It is likely though that two further matches against Argentine clubs will be scheduled.

The other matches, as previously announced, will go on as planned. Those games are against  Primera Division club Independiente (January 28), Velez Sarsfield (January 30), Gimnasia y Esgrim de la Plata (February 1) and Second Division club Quilmes on February 3.

Latapy added that the upcoming training camp will serve the team well ahead of the all important World Cup qualifier against El Salvador.

“It’s obviously a long trip ahead before the El Salvador game and we have got to be careful with our preparations. But in saying that I think the camp in itself will do the team a lot of good and despite the game (against Chile) being off, we have quite a few matches to looking forward to,” Latapy told TTFF Media.

Meantime, midfielder Chris Birchall has made a plea to Brighton to sign him following his ongoing trial with the club.

“I have been here for nine or ten days now and I am just waiting to see if Micky Adams wants me to stay. There is nothing more that I want at the moment. He knows I want to stay, I don’t want to go anywhere else. I have an option on the table in America (with San Jose Earthquakes) but that is something I don’t really want to do at this stage of my career. I’d rather stay in England.

Adams has expressed concerns over Birchall’s hectic traveling schedule in connection to his international  duties with T&T.

“"It caused a few problems at Port Vale and sometimes at Coventry. Micky thought I was a bit jet-lagged but I was flying from Trinidad to Gatwick then all the way up to Manchester and back to Coventry where as if I was settled here the flight would only be back to Gatwick,” Birchall added.

"I would be back to training the day before matches. That is really up to the gaffer, I can't help that. I have got to play for Trinidad. He understands that, he never had a problem with the World Cup qualifiers at Coventry, only friendlies."

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Peltier in for Argentina trip
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 03:04:31 PM »
That’s because Chile playing Honduras on the 24 in the US
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 04:06:04 PM »

Tell your federation not to announce games to the media/press until they have signed a contract or have some very concrete agreement in place.  i'm almost positive that the Honduras vs chile game was sewn up even before the T&T trip was planned.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 04:21:54 PM »

Tell your federation not to announce games to the media/press until they have signed a contract or have some very concrete agreement in place.  i'm almost positive that the Honduras vs chile game was sewn up even before the T&T trip was planned.

we moving like boxhill
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 04:31:15 PM »

we moving like boxhill

Right? It c*&tageous

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 04:39:20 PM »
Aight...that good to hear hope the two of them make the most of their chance......although dey loose a defender and bring in a striker..which has me confused. Buh..who's me...ize just somebody with internet access.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 04:49:01 PM »
Aight...that good to hear hope the two of them make the most of their chance......although dey loose a defender and bring in a striker..which has me confused. Buh..who's me...ize just somebody with internet access.
Pacho wasn't using Telesford as a defender. He had him as a defensive mid (and even right wing ah think against Jamaica).

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 04:50:23 PM »
Osie was picked as ah defnsive midfielder, and guevera is ah mid.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 05:44:40 PM »
1 down hear we go.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2009, 06:11:58 PM »

we moving like boxhill

Is Jack and company didn't know that Chile vs Honduras is posted for 24th...them guys drinking..or what?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2009, 06:20:36 PM »

we moving like boxhill

Is Jack and company didn't know that Chile vs Honduras is posted for 24th...them guys drinking..or what?

All part of d spin.

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2009, 06:58:43 PM »
jai john
Hero Warrior

View Profile Email Personal Message (Online)

Re: Warriors to face Chile January 24
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2009, 07:48:23 AM »

...unfortunately the game vs Chile was a non starter as team officials did not speak spanish ...if they did they would have realised that what was said when talking about warm up games  was that it "would be chilly "  Devil
...had to bring this back up !!!!
Bunch ah jokers ..kyah fool me ..i was just waiting for de truth and de excuse .....velez sarsfield, independiente etc .... I waiting to see dat too !

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2009, 07:03:41 PM »
Mats does speak Colombian?

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2009, 07:13:14 PM »

team official making plans doh include Mats ..you know dat !

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2009, 07:30:42 PM »

team official making plans doh include Mats ..you know dat !

Since we dealin wit spanish speakers how difficult would it have been 2 ask mats 2 assist. Either dat or use freetranslation.com.

Offline jonny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 03:52:23 AM »

Chile play Honduras on the 18. in Fort Lauderdale

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/results/

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 08:10:09 AM »
Good move. Peltier must grab this opporunity.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

1]; } ?>