April 19, 2024, 11:09:14 AM

Author Topic: Question about coconut oil???  (Read 3959 times)

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Question about coconut oil???
« on: January 19, 2009, 05:49:53 PM »
Why do we put coconut oil in the middle of our heads when we have de cold????? Is it a fact that it helps the cold???? Does it prevent water from seeping into the scalp ??? Anyone knows the real reason why we use it?

Offline prodigy23

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Question about coconut oil???
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 06:13:52 PM »
I dunno nah! i used to just listen to my grandmother and keep it moving :-\

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 07:01:14 PM »
Why do we put coconut oil in the middle of our heads when we have de cold????? Is it a fact that it helps the cold???? Does it prevent water from seeping into the scalp ??? Anyone knows the real reason why we use it?

My grandmother used to pour the thing on our heads and if it was a bad cough she adding eucalyptus oil as well. When I went home last week, my grandfather had a concotion he using for his arthritis (cant spell tonight at all) He mix eucalyptus, peppermint oil, menthol crystals and camphor. Man that had the whole house smilling nice and sinus opening too. Bring some back with me. Never sleep so sound in my life yet.
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 07:06:19 PM »
From what i heard it help to bring down the cold .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

truetrini

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 07:29:29 PM »

Coconut oil has been used for a long time to cure influenza and common colds, it is used as a scalp and skin treatment too.

Coconut oil has been found effective against certain strains of the Candida yeast, though it is ineffective against others.

it is very high in fats and acids.  It is used in many cultures as a beauty aid amd for stryling hair.

By the way water cyar seep thru yuh scalp...unless yuh have ah hole in yuh head

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 07:43:49 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: ::)
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 08:05:26 PM »
:applause:

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 08:44:02 PM »
is ah damn good lubricant.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

truetrini

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 09:26:51 PM »

yeah ah does use it on squeaky doors

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2009, 09:32:42 PM »

always have it handy brodda.always on de bedhead.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2009, 02:20:18 AM »

Fuh what... tuh prevent abrasions in yuh palms?

I doubt the 'medicinal' purposes personally.

Verycute1... dat concoction sound like it have some real potency to it, much like traditional Chinese ointments I've seen marketed for the same purposes.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2009, 05:25:18 AM »

Verycute1... dat concoction sound like it have some real potency to it, much like traditional Chinese ointments I've seen marketed for the same purposes.

I have ah tube ah virility ointment that I does use, it have grate up tiger pr!ck in it.

Més que un club.

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 05:50:07 AM »
thanks for all the laughs :rotfl: but I think its because this oil (as well as olive oil and eucalyptus)
tend to warm on contact with the skin. putting it on the head is really to warm up the head and open the blood vessels. headaches and sinus congestion  are generally caused by the narrowing of the vessels so when
we open them up we get some relief.
source: some semi-medical person ;D
p.s. same reason for rubbing joints for arthritis... ;D

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2009, 08:20:48 AM »
Ive also heard coconut is good for making grey hairs dark...
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2009, 08:53:32 AM »

hands,knobs,heads.

Offline Socaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2009, 09:25:12 PM »
alyuh thanks for de response :beermug: Trinity yuh have meh cracking up with this line By the way water cyar seep thru yuh scalp...unless yuh have ah hole in yuh head

Ann3 thanks for de medical tip.... ;D

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2009, 06:27:39 AM »

I have bad allergies, year round and I have to take couple nasal sprays and pills daily,  Still stuffed up no matter what. Sinus headache everyother day and I had to have surgery last year.  But that mix papa made real real potent. Even if you use it to rub hands and shoulders, the smell still good and strong enuff to open up sinuses. When I say I can breath again, and dont talk about if I use it just before I go outside in this weather, You know when it snow first time for the season and you go outside and it crisp and clean and cold and you lungs open up and it just good, thats what happens everyday witht his stuff. Tell him we should market it lol. I say  papa what you call it? He say AS YOU LIKE IT because you could use it anyhow you like it lol hands feet shoulders. Grandma start rubbing her chest everynight  before she go to bed.

But of course I would never use it for the errr  :devil: other reasons mentioned here  ;D  :rotfl: :rotfl:
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2009, 06:30:51 AM »
Well my father believes in his Canadian Healing Oil. Dat man does use that for everything. EVERYTHING
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2009, 08:15:24 AM »

I have bad allergies, year round and I have to take couple nasal sprays and pills daily,  Still stuffed up no matter what. Sinus headache everyother day and I had to have surgery last year.  But that mix papa made real real potent. Even if you use it to rub hands and shoulders, the smell still good and strong enuff to open up sinuses. When I say I can breath again, and dont talk about if I use it just before I go outside in this weather, You know when it snow first time for the season and you go outside and it crisp and clean and cold and you lungs open up and it just good, thats what happens everyday witht his stuff. Tell him we should market it lol. I say  papa what you call it? He say AS YOU LIKE IT because you could use it anyhow you like it lol hands feet shoulders. Grandma start rubbing her chest everynight  before she go to bed.

But of course I would never use it for the errr  :devil: other reasons mentioned here  ;D  :rotfl: :rotfl:
u use KY?

truetrini

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2009, 12:25:07 PM »

So anybody rubbing it on your chest?  ;)

Capo yuh asking if she does us Kentucky?  Look how dem canucks here does bad mouth de GREAT US of A, yet dey does buy Kentucky Jelly to lubricate dey palms and spice up dem sex lives eh.

Offline Socaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2009, 01:24:54 PM »

So anybody rubbing it on your chest?  ;)

Capo yuh asking if she does us Kentucky?  Look how dem canucks here does bad mouth de GREAT US of A, yet dey does buy Kentucky Jelly to lubricate dey palms and spice up dem sex lives eh.
:rotfl: :rotfl: alyuh like real shit yes..

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2009, 01:31:35 PM »

Is almost ah century now uncle sam rubbin kentucky jelly on he flagpole and plunging it deep in poor countries...when he pull out he does squirt he manifest destiny all over poor people back

Throw ah lil chnage on de night table and tellin dem "here dais to help yuh"

Uncle Sam and Jack Warner...two peas in ah pod
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

truetrini

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2009, 01:38:00 PM »

Is almost ah century now uncle sam rubbin kentucky jelly on he flagpole and plunging it deep in poor countries...when he pull out he does squirt he manifest destiny all over poor people back

Throw ah lil chnage on de night table and tellin dem "here dais to help yuh"

Uncle Sam and Jack Warner...two peas in ah pod

yuh feel de pole nah?  not enough Kentucky jelly?

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2009, 01:47:50 PM »
not me papa...I not on dat pole business

but ah know some people when dey take de pole dey does sing loud,,hymns like 'how sweet ah man is uncle sam'
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

truetrini

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2009, 02:01:16 PM »

but ah know some people when dey take de pole dey does sing loud,,hymns like 'how sweet ah man is uncle sam'

yuh familiar with bullers...ok....confession good for de soul.  I would not know such characters I doh sing hymns....!

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2009, 03:04:02 PM »

u use KY?

That Sir,  is a question you should never ask a lady....... but seeing that there aint no ladies present, just former partygirl- :devil: turned respectable wife and mother  :angel:........ give poor moms nuff grey hair in my teens .  :rotfl: :rotfl:

As for the KY,A lady would plead d fifth but I ent have nothing to hide so the answer is yes why not, some spice in the life is needed now and then  :rotfl: :rotfl:

But ... dont bring none of that ordinary KY for me at all. Only Yours and Mine and some of that Touch Massage stuff.  ;)

giggsy11

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2009, 05:11:17 PM »

Use it with a condom and chances are you will be changing diapers in 9 months.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2009, 05:18:03 PM »

Oh GAWD Dutty
ya not easy

man does be talkin bout "TITTY's" oui
I wonder if dais ah naval ensign initiation ting :devil:
I feel he "Taste ah Bush Puddin" oui :D
ok ok I gorn now....laters ;D

TT ya know ya is meh FAVORITE Yankee, eh 8)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 05:31:19 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2009, 06:48:29 PM »
<wipes aways tears den walks away>

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2009, 08:07:28 PM »

Use it with a condom and chances are you will be changing diapers in 9 months.
my chirren does run bare bottom.

1]; } ?>