June 08, 2024, 12:07:02 AM

Author Topic: Scolari's been sacked  (Read 12394 times)

giggsy11

Re: Scolari's been sacked
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2009, 12:21:54 PM »
Allyuh preaching about Kenyon there.

He trying to take the model that worked at United and super-impose it on Chelsea. He genuinely feels it is about branding. he watch United growth over the last 20 years and feels that the same thing could happen to Chelsea in shorter time hence the desire for "pretty football" and big name stars, completely ignoring that United popularity is long in the making and the club happened to be successful agin at th eperferct time, just as football exploded financially.

Plus when he went Chelsae he was able to help them poach the United targets that he ws aware of like Robben and Essien. That resource gone dry now and Chelsea has not picked up a top quality up and coming player since. I ent go lie I enjoying seeing Chelsea crash and burn.

Dred like you were inside my mind this morning! I started to include the poachin and the two names and then erased it.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2009, 12:49:24 PM »

He trying to take the model that worked at United and super-impose it on Chelsea. He genuinely feels it is about branding. he watch United growth over the last 20 years and feels that the same thing could happen to Chelsea in shorter time hence the desire for "pretty football" and big name stars, completely ignoring that United popularity is long in the making and the club happened to be successful agin at th eperferct time, just as football exploded financially.

Plus when he went Chelsae he was able to help them poach the United targets that he ws aware of like Robben and Essien. That resource gone dry now and Chelsea has not picked up a top quality up and coming player since. I ent go lie I enjoying seeing Chelsea crash and burn.

Dred like you were inside my mind this morning! I started to include the poachin and the two names and then erased it.

We far from crashing...same talk last year and it run down to the finals and goal difference.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hiddink in at Chelsea?
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2009, 12:53:19 PM »
Hiddink as a stop gap measure?  More craziness from Chelsea.  At least you will see more movement, better fitness and a high work rate from dis team.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7882135.stm

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Hiddink in at Chelsea?
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2009, 12:54:18 PM »
great news.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2009, 12:55:56 PM »
first problem is trying to combine both roles.
I had to re-read that little part.

If that is the case, we couldve had Jose.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2009, 12:59:24 PM »
ah old man tell me always have your feet firmly placed at one point,not one in chelsea and next one in russia.say wuh,wait and see.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2009, 01:15:40 PM »

it does never cease to amaze me how a manchester united fan could wax and croon about dey side as if they are the very epitome of ethics, morals, stability, honesty and every other nice adjective in the game of football.

the game today is not the game it was 20 years ago, as your reference to the financial explosion signifies.. There is a thread that deals with this debate and i am yet to hear your viable suggestion for a sustainable model towards prolonged success in the environment of today's football game.

admittedly, the chelsea ownership have made some bad decisions that have been a consequence of extraordinary ambitions.. but its by no means a failure and nobody crashing and burning here.. The EPL titles, the cup titles, prolonged strong showings in the Champions league and a global presence shows that the model has worked and will continue to work.. And don't worry.. If Abramovich decides to leave, some rich Arab will continue where he left off. Thats the world off football we live in.

PS: gimme a break with this 'poaching robben and essien' talk.. Right now, Spurs still trying to recover from the poaching of berbatov and the wreck of a team it left them with.

Chelsea eh pick up any up and coming youth because they went and abandoned the model and decided to go with tried and true stalwarths of the game like Shevchenko, Ballack and Deco.. Questionable decision i agree, but dont get it twisted. That have nothing to do with the ability of the club to pull up and coming players if they wanted to. Chelsea is a big club and they could get who dey want! Thats why Obi Mikel is here. :devil:

Talk to me when Manchester could buss better youths than Danny Wellbeck. Currently, most of united's best players right now have been cherry picked from other clubs in england and around the world, unless we counting man like Darren Fletcher and John O'Shea.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2009, 01:25:28 PM »
he was doing the same when he was coaching PSV and quite Australia with great success for both..

International coach is a part time job nowadays anyway.

temporary appointment with a view to permanent.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2009, 01:33:21 PM »

it does never cease to amaze me how a manchester united fan could wax and croon about dey side as if they are the very epitome of ethics, morals, stability, honesty and every other nice adjective in the game of football.

the game today is not the game it was 20 years ago, as your reference to the financial explosion signifies.. There is a thread that deals with this debate and i am yet to hear your viable suggestion for a sustainable model towards prolonged success in the environment of today's football game.

admittedly, the chelsea ownership have made some bad decisions that have been a consequence of extraordinary ambitions.. but its by no means a failure and nobody crashing and burning here.. The EPL titles, the cup titles, prolonged strong showings in the Champions league and a global presence shows that the model has worked and will continue to work.. And don't worry.. If Abramovich decides to leave, some rich Arab will continue where he left off. Thats the world off football we live in.

PS: gimme a break with this 'poaching robben and essien' talk.. Right now, Spurs still trying to recover from the poaching of berbatov and the wreck of a team it left them with.

Chelsea eh pick up any up and coming youth because they went and abandoned the model and decided to go with tried and true stalwarths of the game like Shevchenko, Ballack and Deco.. Questionable decision i agree, but dont get it twisted. That have nothing to do with the ability of the club to pull up and coming players if they wanted to. Chelsea is a big club and they could get who dey want! Thats why Obi Mikel is here. :devil:

Talk to me when Manchester could buss better youths than Danny Wellbeck. Currently, most of united's best players right now have been cherry picked from other clubs in england and around the world, unless we counting man like Darren Fletcher and John O'Shea.

thank god that shithong dere!... we get 12 million pounds from it... went into better players too... so thanks for the money

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2009, 01:43:07 PM »
edit
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2009, 01:51:38 PM »
wait.....ent it have a chelsea forever + a scholari fired thread ?

The mods feeling sorry for allyuh a what?
 ???
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2009, 06:49:45 PM »
Is real chupidness because nobody look under Scolari being sacked which was ah old news to find out today's news dat Hiddink go be de man.  Next thing yuh know somebody go post a Hiddink Thread today again which defeats de purpose of merging in de first place.  It makes no sense to me.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2009, 07:11:31 PM »
Is real chupidness because nobody look under Scolari being sacked which was ah old news to find out today's news dat Hiddink go be de man.  Next thing yuh know somebody go post a Hiddink Thread today again which defeats de purpose of merging in de first place.  It makes no sense to me.

Nah, I think anybody following that matter still checkin' here to find out wha going on man......the Hiddink ting eh really finalized yet......or is it?

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2009, 07:14:54 PM »
wait.....ent it have a chelsea forever + a scholari fired thread ?

The mods feeling sorry for allyuh a what?
 ???

*whistling*

$0.02 = Right now Scolari could go back to coaching Pootigal, cause Carlos Quieroz eh know he ass from he elbow outside ah United.

Més que un club.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2009, 07:22:55 PM »
   Nah, I think anybody following that matter still checkin' here to find out wha going on man......the Hiddink ting eh really finalized yet......or is it?

It is.

At least he keeping his next wuk.

THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2009, 08:51:10 PM »

What you talking about? You hear me talk anything anout ethics, morals etc. We talking football and we talking about Kenyon. If you so happy to have him at yuh club then good for you.

I give yuh my answer in the thread, yuh just didn't agree because it don't suit yuh. I also give yuh an example in Villa and I tell yuh that Chelsea wasn't far off themselves. Chelsea had outrageous fortune to have Abramovich come in and spend crazy mone to lift the club, so much money that he didn't care about the huge spending deficit. But with the good comes the bad. He has no football experience and does not know football. He surround himself with plenty big names but that is all.

What I was saying that Chelsea and City had opportunities with plenty money to grow more gradually, instead they choose to go another route. Nothing wrong with that but it could never last. The longest rope have an end and at some point Chelsea has to start spending like a normal club.

How long that model will work remains to be seen. It is only so long a team could consistently buy players for one or two years, try them out and then sell them for a pittance. That is not a direct consequence of ambitions that is just bad business.

That is just ole talk I giving allyuh. Chelsea free to chase who they want and they ent force nobody to sign for them. Although United had the inside track on those players they were not secrets. What I would say though is that I glad that Kenyon left when he did. If he had stay longer he mighta get the ace on Vidic and Evra too.

Well yuh could have Mikel, easiest 12 mil United ever make. Meanwhile they redirect their attentions to Carrick. Good business IMO.

Yuh on shit talk now. What forward come through the Chelsea system even close to Welbeck? Bringing strikers though to the first team at a big club is just difficult because clubs can't wait for young strikers to get good so they have to be exceptional. In the last 20 years all I could remember if Fowler and Owen breaking through from Arsenal, Liverpool or United.

As for other players there is no comparison. Every team scouts worldwide and Unted still brings through players, certainly more than Chelsea. I also rather have Fletcher and O'Shea as consistent role players than have big money signings like Fereira, Del Horno, Malouda, Shevchenko, Bridge eatinng up money on the bench.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2009, 09:14:38 PM »
allyuh hypocrits like to cry down Roman Abramovich ... but WHO THE F**K is MALCOLM GLAZER?

What FOOTBALL EXPERIENCE does he have?
What does he KNOW about Football?

steups. keep talking.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2009, 09:24:02 PM »
allyuh hypocrits like to cry down Roman Abramovich ... but WHO THE F**K is MALCOLM GLAZER?

steups. keep talking.

i eh know nah,but de secret of success for any businessman,hire people that can bring results.results such as CL,EPL and world club.yuh ketch.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2009, 09:31:36 PM »

steups. keep talking.

Wat kind of point is that asshole?

He has been the perfect owner...We are stable...He's never in the media like Roman and Hicks and Gillette...He gives us the funds necessary to spend on Class and potential...We are making huge profits per year due to our success on the field

And he's a smarter and better businessman than any of the other team's owners
Everyone was scared when he took over yes but he completely proved us wrong

I starting to get sick of Chelsea...I cant wait till they just evaporate

Shit side... 3 leagues a couple FA Cups and a few League Cups

most of them bought with corrupt dirty Russian money...f**k off rentboys

*Utd fans...watch the responses eh

"why you like to cuss so much small mag" ...

my response f**k off
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 09:37:54 PM by Small Magician aka Wazza »

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2009, 09:39:57 PM »
Corporate Raider Malcolm Glazer is the Man Brits Love to Hate
By Jochen A. Siegle and Michael Wulzinger

US billionaire Malcolm Glazer will invest in anything he thinks will turn a profit. He recently acquired Britain's Manchester United soccer team, once home to David Beckham, for a cool €1.2 billion, mostly on credit. In doing so, he's turned one of Europe's wealthiest soccer teams into one of its most leveraged and he's become the scorn of England....

keep braying

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2009, 09:44:30 PM »
Corporate Raider Malcolm Glazer is the Man Brits Love to Hate
By Jochen A. Siegle and Michael Wulzinger

US billionaire Malcolm Glazer will invest in anything he thinks will turn a profit. He recently acquired Britain's Manchester United soccer team, once home to David Beckham, for a cool €1.2 billion, mostly on credit. In doing so, he's turned one of Europe's wealthiest soccer teams into one of its most leveraged and he's become the scorn of England....

keep braying

"he recently acquired"

you pulling articles from 2005....

sad sad little rentboy

since then 2 PL titles...1 CL...1 Club World Cup...1 League Cup...2 Community Shields

Increase of 10 000 seats in Old Trafford.....Increase in sales of Kits and other merchandise...Increased Revenue in other departments

Positive Profit

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2009, 09:52:21 PM »

He has been the perfect owner... He gives us the funds necessary to spend on Class and potential...

most of them bought with corrupt dirty Russian money.....

Lemme show you a form:

Chelsea "Shit side... 3 leagues a couple FA Cups and a few League Cups"
Man U since then 2 PL titles...1 CL...1 Club World Cup...1 League Cup...2 Community Shields

The difference between the two sides is a COAT OF PAINT ON A GOAL POST and GOAL DIFFERENCE.

What exactly was different between Glazer and Abramovich?
Abramovich making dirty Russian money according to your holy gospel, but isn't Man U's financed by the corrupt banks and financial corporations who ROBBING honest tax payers.
Glazer is NO DIFFERENT from Abramovich.

positive profits ... hahahaha .... as opposed to what? ... negative profits? hahaha.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2009, 10:00:25 PM »

He has been the perfect owner... He gives us the funds necessary to spend on Class and potential...

Lemme show you a form:

Man U since then 2 PL titles...1 CL...1 Club World Cup...1 League Cup...2 Community Shields

The difference between the two sides is a COAT OF PAINT ON A GOAL POST and GOAL DIFFERENCE.

Abramovich making dirty Russian money according to your holy gospel, but isn't Man U's financed by the corrupt banks and financial corporations who ROBBING honest tax payers.

We won the league by 2 points prickhead and you didnt Win the Cup...it was a lottery and we won .. besides we deserved to win in normal time

I'm just happy Glazer does not interfere with the club and since he's been in charge he has stuck to his word and we have been successful both on and off the field

I know you would like an Owner who doesnt sack a Manager 8 months into a job or sack a Manager after losing a CL final on pk's and the league on the last day

There is a difference between ambition and greed

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2009, 10:10:31 PM »
We won the league by 2 points prickhead and you didnt Win the Cup...it was a lottery and we won .. besides we deserved to win in normal time

In case yuh forget, the League was decided on the final day. Both sides were level on points with United ahead on superior goal difference. Chelsea conceded an equaliser to draw their game in the last few minutes when it was known to all that United were on their way to victory.

Who deserved to win the CL Final will always be subjective. I remember it was a shot off the goalpost in ET that Van de Sar couldn't stop - so who come closer/ deserve to win is contentious.

I'm just happy Glazer does not interfere with the club and since he's been in charge he has stuck to his word and we have been successful both on and off the field

Why does Glazer need to interfere with the club?
Is not like is his own money he using.
You really think Glazer could give a flying f**k? - Glazer is a business man. $$$ will always have the final say at the end of the day.

Roman is using HIS MONEY.
That is the difference between ambition and greed.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2009, 10:23:43 PM »
like jack using "he" money and not "we" tv rights
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2009, 10:33:22 PM »
like jack using "he" money and not "we" tv rights

that is a completely different.

Nobody debating whether or not the money belonged to Roman.
With Jack .... well we could quote Peter Jennings from now til thy kingdom come.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2009, 12:29:53 AM »

Lemme show you a form:

positive profits ... hahahaha .... as opposed to what? ... negative profits? hahaha.

Me ent have no dog in this fight... but you really can't talk about Abramovich and Glazer in de same sentence.  One is a know-nothing meddler, the other knows nothing and smart enough to know that he knows nothing and leave football to the men with actual football knowledge.

I'll leave it to you to figure out which is which.

giggsy11

« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2009, 06:45:16 AM »

steups. keep talking.

IMO they are both poison, the question is; if you had to choose between the both of them which poison you prefer?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2009, 08:33:12 AM »
Chelsea confirm Hiddink as coach

Chelsea have announced that Guus Hiddink will take over as temporary coach until the end of the season.

The Premier League club have also revealed that the 62-year-old Dutchman will meet the players later this week.

"The club would like to take this opportunity to thank the Russian Football Union for their understanding and cooperation," said a statement.

Hiddink, who will continue to coach the Russian national side, replaces Luiz Felipe Scolari, who was axed on Monday.

The Dutchman is currently in Turkey with the Russian squad and is likely to be a spectator at Chelsea's FA Cup fifth round tie at Watford on Saturday, with the Premier League clash at Aston Villa on 21 February his first in charge.

"It's never enough time to prepare a team in one week but this is an exceptional situation," Hiddink added. "Chelsea have good players and they should be in top form and that should make my job easier."

The Blues currently lie fourth in the table, seven points adrift of leaders Manchester United, who have a game in hand, with assistant Ray Wilkins coaching the team on an interim basis.

Hiddink, contracted to Russia until the end of the 2010 World Cup, said before his appointment that he only intended to help out until the end of the season.

"It's a favour for a friend," said the former Netherlands, South Korea and Australia coach, who has close ties to Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich.

"Abramovich does so much for Russian football that I wanted to give something back. He called me personally."

When asked about the possibility of continuing beyond this season at Stamford Bridge, Hiddink said: "There are two scenarios: it goes bad and they say 'go back east' or it goes well, but I'm not thinking that far ahead.

"There will be no damage for the Russian national team, we focus now and in the future on the Russian team."

Russia have two World Cup qualifiers over the course of the rest of the Premier League season - at home to minnows Azerbaijan on 28 March and away to Liechtenstein four days later.

With Chelsea struggling for form, Hiddink revealed he planned to contact his predecessor Scolari within the next two days to discuss team matters.

Hiddink said he would not be bringing in new assistants "at this time" and regarding playing personnel, he added: "I always want to see the situation in the team myself first before making any changes if they have to be made."

The Dutchman has the extensive club and international experience Abramovich has been searching for, having coached PSV Eindhoven and Real Madrid as well as the Netherlands, South Korea and Australia.

Billionaire Abramovich, who agreed a compensation package with Scolari and his backroom staff on Tuesday evening, was instrumental in Hiddink's appointment as Russia manager in 2006, and the pair have since maintained close ties.

AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti is considered the favourite to take over on a permanent basis next summer.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7882667.stm
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2009, 08:59:20 AM »
first problem is trying to combine both roles.
I had to re-read that little part.

If that is the case, we Abramogrant c should've had run de damned board room and leave Jose alone let 'im run de team!

Fix it fuh yuh!!

As so many fellas have accurately pointed out, Roman clearly has absolutely no Idea what he doesn't know about football.  My guess is that, Jose let everybody in the board room know that he was not going to be a puppet.....and they told 'im to cancel his show.   Roman want to turn Chelsea into a "dynasty" but expects it happen overnight.  Jackass!   I wanna see how much interfering he and the board is going to do now with Hiddink at the helm for the rest of the season.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

1]; } ?>