September 20, 2024, 07:00:21 PM

Author Topic: Whitley and Gray find new club  (Read 5708 times)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Whitley and Gray find new club
« on: February 19, 2009, 06:23:09 AM »
There was a friendly match between United Petrotrin and the National U 20s at the PLC ground in Petrotrin on Tuesday evening. 

The game ended 2-1 in favor of UPFC.  The U 20s showed some very good touches and played some very attractive and constructive football but were undone by a late penalty in the match.

The highlight of the day, however, was the presence of Petrotrin's new signings....Cyd Gray and Aurtis Whitley.

lol

Welcome to the Petrotrin family fellas........lets see if we going and sign Dwarika now!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Whitley and Gray find new club
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 08:29:19 AM »
I dk much about Whitley. But I have confidence that Gray can still contribute.

Vb
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 08:53:07 AM »
andre how did the two players look?   ... unfit?...sharp?...great?...poor? 

i'm guessing unfit but at least they will be playing soon to help our chances

Cyd is very important as he can play anywhere across the back

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 09:17:00 AM »
Allyuh really thin Whitley will make practice so far down South?  I await the verdict on this one.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 09:22:37 AM »
Allyuh really thin Whitley will make practice so far down South?  I await the verdict on this one.

Petrotrin should give him staff housing in the camp.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 09:32:00 AM »

like u have no idea of where south is ............. Trinidad is a small place breddah
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 09:46:57 AM »
andre how did the two players look?   ... unfit?...sharp?...great?...poor? 

i'm guessing unfit but at least they will be playing soon to help our chances

Cyd is very important as he can play anywhere across the back

I agree with Cyd's place in the team. We need Defenders who could overlap also....

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 09:49:01 AM »
Like 'Trintoc' going the old man route.  Them might have more loyalty to the club than a youngster like Daniel it seems

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 10:34:31 AM »

like u have no idea of where south is ............. Trinidad is a small place breddah
Well mate, I doh think Trinidad all that small coz AH once had to travel from Sando to Toco and ah thought we would never reach.That place is beautiful man.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 10:35:57 AM »
Ah like that Whitley fella and would love to see him in TT colours again.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 10:47:24 AM »

Well mate, I doh think Trinidad all that small coz AH once had to travel from Sando to Toco and ah thought we would never reach.That place is beautiful man.
man when yuh consider 5 ah we use to bike from LaSalle to Cote-Des-Nieges 3 days ah week to practice, take bout ah hor an ah half going, 3 hrs coming back..an we used to play for nuthen...that not hard...
ps: 3 hrs to come back, because plenty Beers used to block the damn road

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 11:42:44 AM »
man when yuh consider 5 ah we use to bike from LaSalle to Cote-Des-Nieges 3 days ah week to practice ...

I shame to say that I have absolutely no idea where those two places are.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 12:41:04 PM »
man when yuh consider 5 ah we use to bike from LaSalle to Cote-Des-Nieges 3 days ah week to practice ...

doh shame nah, I scratchin my head right now.  Born and grow down Carenage so I eh shame to be unfamiliar with some places in Trini at all.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009, 12:51:36 PM »

I been all over T&T and I never hear about those places, I not saying they don't exist, I just never been there......but in his defense, I think he talking about some other country, because I know we don't have no (beers)* bears blocking any road in Trini, maybe he meant to say cows or sumtin ;D
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 12:53:56 PM by triniairman »

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2009, 01:21:43 PM »

U still living in Trinidad? It may be small but that traffic is real PRESSHAH !!
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2009, 01:57:37 PM »

I been all over T&T and I never hear about those places, I not saying they don't exist, I just never been there......but in his defense, I think he talking about some other country, because I know we don't have no (beers)* bears blocking any road in Trini, maybe he meant to say cows or sumtin ;D

Them places in Quebec fellahs...so chances are allyuh never cycle troo dem areas
come to think of it, maybe max did mean bears does be blockin de road in troot  ;)
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2009, 02:40:58 PM »
Them places in Quebec fellahs...so chances are allyuh never cycle troo dem areas
come to think of it, maybe max did mean bears does be blockin de road in troot  ;)

Eidda dat or dey drink so much beers dat deh eh able to make it back in de same time lol

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2009, 03:19:16 PM »
I know plenty places in TT BUT AH NEVER HEAR BOUT THEM 2 PLACES BUT ME FAADAH WUDDA KNOW COZ HE USED TO BE A TAXI DRIVER.Dem 2 places real French,it sound nice for ah romantic holiday wid nice Trini gyul.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2009, 03:30:31 PM »

Eidda dat or dey drink so much beers dat deh eh able to make it back in de same time lol

sorry, sorry...my bad...yeah, they are areas on the Island of Mtl...ah was only making ah reference, not realizing the reference woulda be mine alone  :-[
but yuh get the Beers part correct, the only beer I was  dealing with is the watery kind, an the only ski I trying was in a bottle...doh mind me, I really growup out here.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2009, 04:08:57 PM »

Doh start now..I from South, but yuh know how men from up North does think it's a long trek.   ;)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2009, 04:50:11 PM »

Eh frico, ah kinda getting the idea that you was not raised in T&T, or yuh was born in england and lived in trini periodically'

ah know it's really non of my business and yuh don't have to answer,also forgive me for being nosey, but it's just the words that yuh used kinda prompt my question.                             positive.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 09:03:39 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2009, 05:04:15 PM »
Whitley must get work in Trini, the man is ah tip top player and a lot of teams would be happy to have him.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2009, 08:52:27 PM »
Like 'Trintoc' going the old man route.  Them might have more loyalty to the club than a youngster like Daniel it seems

A good wukin old ting....
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2009, 05:11:47 AM »

Eh frico, ah kinda getting the idea that you was not raised in T&T, or yuh was born in england and lived in trini periodically'

ah know it's really non of my business and yuh don't have to answer,also forgive me for being nosey, but it's just the words that yuh used kinda prompt my question.                             positive.
Your assumption is correct I have lived most of my life in England and I dont think you are nosey for asking me the question.I have never lost my love for our football and would always believe we have some of the best fballers in the world,something is missing though and I cant put my fingers on it.I visit from time to time and some of the places is really beautifull,I am really sorry bout the crime,so many beautifull women too. ;D ;D ;D

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2009, 06:01:11 PM »

Your assumption is correct I have lived most of my life in England and I dont think you are nosey for asking me the question.I have never lost my love for our football and would always believe we have some of the best fballers in the world,something is missing though and I cant put my fingers on it.I visit from time to time and some of the places is really beautifull,I am really sorry bout the crime,so many beautifull women too. ;D ;D ;D
Thanx for the reply, i'm a sort of globe trekker, and i like to experience new cultures and suroundings, i did a lot of traveling, but not as much as i would like, anyway, i kinda got ah british flavor from you and gillie face from the earlies.

i lived in europe for a spell, but my stay in england was real short, but i've been around nuff english ppl here in booyork, matter of fact meh real breddren from a place called pekkham, sad to say he was deported about 5 yrs ago, so i will definatly have to make it soon to pay him a visit and take in some EPL games live.                                            positive.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 06:05:27 PM by just cool »

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2009, 11:05:32 PM »
There was a friendly match between United Petrotrin and the National U 20s at the PLC ground in Petrotrin on Tuesday evening. 

The game ended 2-1 in favor of UPFC.  The U 20s showed some very good touches and played some very attractive and constructive football but were undone by a late penalty in the match.

The highlight of the day, however, was the presence of Petrotrin's new signings....Cyd Gray and Aurtis Whitley.

lol

Welcome to the Petrotrin family fellas........lets see if we going and sign Dwarika now!!

Andre yuh stayed for the whole game ?

The other thread about the shake up at United Petrotrin report that they played the U17s, coached by Anton Corneal and the game ended 2 - 2.

I saw the ad on the email saying it was supposed to be against the U20s, then that thread had me thinking WTF...UP draw with the U20s while boasting big players like Cyd and Aurtis ?
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

1]; } ?>