May 23, 2024, 07:23:29 AM

Author Topic: Maund's father defends his son's switch to the USA  (Read 42636 times)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Maund's father defends his son's switch to the USA
« Reply #210 on: March 16, 2009, 07:34:44 PM »
let dem puul dey ass

allyuh shoulda see after de tnt vz usa match when willams family in de crowd went and hand him 2 USA flags...and he running around with it...dat hurt more dan them shithounds blanking we
pull dey ass....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 16, 2009, 07:45:26 PM »
let dem puul dey ass

allyuh shoulda see after de tnt vz usa match when willams family in de crowd went and hand him 2 USA flags...and he running around with it...dat hurt more dan them shithounds blanking we
pull dey ass....

all dem have trini accents except his lil sister and he have a fresh water

study he was in a la foucade camp with us liked 4 years ago... he played for Fatima... he came each day in a new boots..And his dad was a volunteer coach who was a shithong and he was a trini who lived in america...when i saw him in the Marvin Lee i was like wtf... but then everything made sense with his son Sherron was on the field

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 17, 2009, 05:22:02 PM »
When TTTF can pay for people children education tuition, then people can talk. I would have done the same thing.

So wait, USA paying for Maund education ?

Please explain...

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #213 on: March 18, 2009, 08:26:22 AM »
I read Mr. Maund's comments.

I will take him at his word when he says they were being ignored by the TTFF in terms of communication. Is this anything new? The Americans communicated professionally and had his respect. Surprising?

Put yourself in his shoes. It's your son. His ENTIRE FUTURE ON THE LINE. Which direction you heading in?
Some of us love TT to deat. It doesn't mean we are stupid.
I not having no Third World asshole f&%& with my son!!

Ppl say his original plan was always the US.

What was Shaka's original plan. What was Birchall's original plan?
We only end up with them, when their 'original plan' fail. But they always gave us 200% on the field and that is all I can ask of any player.

Young Maund got the chance to play for a superior footballing nation. A country that has outshone us for the last 20 years and is miles ahead of us in terms of organisation. If everybody on the TT sr. team was told 'you are eligible for the US and England come play for us in the qualifıers'. How many you think would stick around.

This PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL. It might hurt us. but it eh no big deal. Happens every day. He didn't take nobody spot from TT on the team. Last time I checked. He went to trials and EARNED IT.

Good luck to young Maund.

Better luck to TT.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 18, 2009, 09:11:00 AM »
Wonder if the TTFF was unprofessional when Maund first came to T&T. I am sure Maund had to make himself known a few times well. That time Mr Maund wasn't studing a lack of communication.

VB - Shaka or Birchall never used us. They may have had their hearts in different places, but they never used us.

Shaka told us no from a young age, he never used us to get on the England team and yes, he did turn to us when all failed and if I was the TTFF he would have stayed in England.

We have to have principals, then again, is de TTFF we dealing with.

Mr Maund did what he felt was right for his son and so be it. But dont expect me to support it.

I bet you Aaron Maund dont make a US side again. And I DONT WISH THAT.... but his chances was better with T&T.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 18, 2009, 11:49:24 AM »
Wonder if the TTFF was unprofessional when Maund first came to T&T. I am sure Maund had to make himself known a few times well. That time Mr Maund wasn't studing a lack of communication.

VB - Shaka or Birchall never used us. They may have had their hearts in different places, but they never used us.

Shaka told us no from a young age, he never used us to get on the England team and yes, he did turn to us when all failed and if I was the TTFF he would have stayed in England.

Mr Maund did what he felt was right for his son and so be it. But dont expect me to support it.

I bet you Aaron Maund dont make a US side again. And I DONT WISH THAT.... but his chances was better with T&T.

Of course it was why then did they diss us? He want 2 scrub bench 4 d nation of his birth I guess.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bamboo Prince

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 18, 2009, 12:10:51 PM »

Of course it was why then did they diss us? He want 2 scrub bench 4 d nation of his birth I guess.

i doh see what the fuss is all about nah...who de man peer group is? a handful of trinis who he never grow up with?  he doh live in T&T and have no plans to do so in de near future ah sure, so he eh have no "backlash" to feel.

To Aaron and many others, scrubbin US pine is probably a far bigger pips than gettin a string a caps for T&T...is all about credibility and leverage yes when yuh studyin yuh pro career in de long-term, and maybe after we make a 2nd WC and build up some more ah dat we eh go have these kinda problems too often in de future...jes my shillingsworth.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 18, 2009, 12:33:09 PM »
In a sense the US setup might provide what d TT setup cant or wont...........consistency, even if he consistently scrub bench, play, or get cut, he will be sure to have a consistent reason why/not can we say dat wit d TTFF where the power of one determines the direction of TT football. I am not supporting what d man did, but TTFF as an organization will always be a reason for person to weigh dey options............. is about elimanating dat little element of doubt, nothing else
I pity the fool....

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 18, 2009, 12:45:20 PM »

You have a point Sam. About the TTFF being unprofessional when Maund first came to T&T. That time Mr Maund wasn't studing a lack of communication or college.

Offline Bamboo Prince

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 18, 2009, 12:53:18 PM »
dis might be going off a lil bit, but why it is that we feel that the TTFF's apparent lack of organisation/professionalism and history of cuttin up real men is such a special ting?  

Ah mean, for players from outside (1st gen trinibagonians, half-trinis, etc.) tryin to evaluate if they should chance a sweat in we colours - how much does the actual perception of wha kinda organisation the TTFF is come into play?  

wha ah tryin to say is - is probably not even a factor, let alone the pivotal factor for, say, why a player fadder go decide not to take we calls no more?  :devil:

i suspect dat the ttff is nutten special in that sense...every federation have its woes and vocal critics, much to de disadvantage of the national squads it oversees, but ah eh feel that it does affect the actual "pullin power" when is time for de player to make de choice.

de setup/administration could always change radically...performance on the world stage, not so much.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 18, 2009, 01:11:59 PM »
In a sense the US setup might provide what d TT setup cant or wont...........consistency, even if he consistently scrub bench, play, or get cut, he will be sure to have a consistent reason why/not can we say dat wit d TTFF where the power of one determines the direction of TT football. I am not supporting what d man did, but TTFF as an organization will always be a reason for person to weigh dey options............. is about elimanating dat little element of doubt, nothing else

That aside... would you rather scrub bench for TnT or start for Grenada?

Not saying that's what's going thru his mind... I juss playing along.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 18, 2009, 01:14:19 PM »
dis might be going off a lil bit, but why it is that we feel that the TTFF's apparent lack of organisation/professionalism and history of cuttin up real men is such a special ting?  

Ah mean, for players from outside (1st gen trinibagonians, half-trinis, etc.) tryin to evaluate if they should chance a sweat in we colours - how much does the actual perception of wha kinda organisation the TTFF is come into play?  

wha ah tryin to say is - is probably not even a factor, let alone the pivotal factor for, say, why a player fadder go decide not to take we calls no more?  :devil:

i suspect dat the ttff is nutten special in that sense...every federation have its woes and vocal critics, much to de disadvantage of the national squads it oversees, but ah eh feel that it does affect the actual "pullin power" when is time for de player to make de choice.

de setup/administration could always change radically...performance on the world stage, not so much.

Yeah... is nutten special b/c every federation have a Jack Warner at it's helm.  If you doh think people are aware of that man and his corruption then I dunno what to say about you.  You's probably one ah dem men when Jack say bendover yuh does ask him "which shoelace untie?"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 18, 2009, 01:17:52 PM »

That aside... would you rather scrub bench for TnT or start for Grenada?

Not saying that's what's going thru his mind... I juss playing along.

I go sweat for Grenada cause we go beat JA.  :devil:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bamboo Prince

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 18, 2009, 01:41:40 PM »

Yeah... is nutten special b/c every federation have a Jack Warner at it's helm.  If you doh think people are aware of that man and his corruption then I dunno what to say about you.  You's probably one ah dem men when Jack say bendover yuh does ask him "which shoelace untie?"

nah ah feel yuh gettin tie up in a big way - i never say Jack is not a world-class scapegoat, cause he is, and he work real hard for that rep :devil:

But if everytime we look poor on the pitch or a player choose England, de States  or some other upper-quartile ranking team over us, we hadda bawl out "Jack" so like he physically assaultin we rectum???   

dat gettin tired and sounding lke a crutch now...if is anything, why yuh doh say what outsiders like to accuse us of, namely that Jack "easin we passage" thru de rounds wherever possible? why a eligible player who considerin de RW+B doh study, well, de corruption on T&T side, cause Jack is dey GordFadda so that is a plus?

all i sayin is lewwe be more creative with de excuses sometimes nah

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 18, 2009, 02:08:29 PM »
Bamboo when an organisation doin shit is not the Head of that organisation is ultimately responsible for the performance
sure from a purely financial standpoint he does VERY well indeed
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bamboo Prince

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: March 18, 2009, 02:18:12 PM »
Bamboo when an organisation doin shit is not the Head of that organisation is ultimately responsible for the performance

well de way i look at it, Jack here to stay so we hadda put pressure on somebody else, cause dais just spinnin top in isht right dey.

none ah we eh go get far railin against de ripper.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 18, 2009, 02:22:44 PM »

well de way i look at it, Jack here to stay so we hadda put pressure on somebody else, cause dais just spinnin top in isht right dey.

You are VERY right
but that doh stop me from tellin him that things dont have to be the way they are
He could STILL make all the money he making AND treat players RIGHT....not so
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bamboo Prince

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 18, 2009, 02:47:40 PM »

You are VERY right
but that doh stop me from tellin him that things dont have to be the way they are
He could STILL make all the money he making AND treat players RIGHT....not so

anybody who followin jack movements over de years go know dat making huge $tack$ through football + politricks is central to de man plans and he eh fraid to hold them to ransom, sometimes to one another - treating players fairly, well, ............................ ???

*If* some good football happen to knock in de meantime, den so much de better...!  Is a win/win situation!

ah eh tink we need to get ah obeahman to come on de board to find out if Jack love up we footballers or not.

FPATT could only try an make sure that he doh buss de same tricks on players twice and move on....

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 18, 2009, 02:50:33 PM »
as you mention FPATT
where are they these days
I asked that question a few months ago
I hope that they are able to sign up many players
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 09, 2015, 02:59:44 PM »
Hartie..

Take note of the traitor.

We need player who are 100% committed to their country and not players who hearts in a different place.

Maund will never play for USA and ah hear he now wants to come back to T&T..

I know Hartie is no fool to call this guy up.

De man let we under 17 team do all de wok to get them into de world cup and then jump in and play 3 games and then ride out, taking Nicholas Walker and Trent Lougheed position who did all de hard wok to get their country there.

Leston Paul, DeSilva, Bateau, Cryus, Molino, Hyland and Mekeil real vex.

Maund dumps T&T
By Ian Prescott
Story Created: Feb 6, 2011 at 11:31 PM ECT

After starting all three preliminary matches for Trinidad and Tobago at the 2007 FIFA Under-17 World Cup in South Korea, connections of Aaron Maund stopped answering the phone calls from T&T once the United States came calling.
"I was in constant contact with his father until December. I had gotten his passport number and made arrangement for him to join us, then all communication stopped. His father stopped taking our calls. So, after four, five tries, I left a message stating that if they did not contact us, he would not be considered for the team," reported Chris De Silva, manager of the Trinidad and Tobago national under-20 squad, who are preparing for next month's CONCACAF qualifying tournament for the 2009 FIFA U20 World Cup in Egypt.
Maund was born in the United States and was a member of the US Under-14, Under-15 and Under-17 national pools of players, without ever making a national squad.
The 18-year-old Notre Dame defender is one of three children of Karen and Trinidadian father Arnott Maund.
After also failing to make the US squad for the 2007 Under-17 World Cup, Maund contacted Trinidad and Tobago, who he was eligible to play for due to ancestral heritage.
Now, he has changed nationality and has been named by American coach Thomas Rongen in his 20-man squad for the CONCACAF tournament.
FIFA, the governing body for world football, will now decide whether the 6ft 2inch defender will represent the United States at the CONCACAF Under-20 qualifying tournament which takes place in T&T from March 6-15 .
T&T manager De Silva sees no reason to block the move.
"This may be a blessing in disguise," De Silva said. "We want guys with big hearts playing for this country. We want guys who when we are down a goal will scrap and give their all for Trinidad and Tobago. This (Maund) is a boy who wanted to play for the USA, did not make it and so came to play for Trinidad and Tobago. It was we who took him to the World Cup."
Maund is now in camp with the US team which Rongen named this week. The American team came together on Tuesday for a five-day training camp before travelling to Bacolet, Tobago on March 2, where they will play three group games at the Dwight Yorke Stadium.
Of the 20 USA players, nine are currently professionals, with six in Major League Soccer and three overseas. The roster also features three players who were part of the US team that advanced to the quarter-finals of the 2007 FIFA U20 World Cup in Canada in midfielder Bryan Arguez, goalkeeper Brian Perk and defender Anthony Wallace.
A release from the US Soccer Federation (USSF) reported that Maund has been included pending FIFA approval.
"Notre Dame defender Aaron Maund will also be joining the team for training in Bradenton, but his addition to the final roster depends on whether he receives approval from FIFA to play for the United States after requesting a change in national association. Maund, who has dual citizenship with the US and Trinidad & Tobago, played in all three games for T&T in the 2007 FIFA Under-17 World Cup. Maund has submitted the necessary paperwork to change his national association to the United States and US Soccer is awaiting FIFA's decision. The final roster is required to be submitted to CONCACAF 48 hours before the opening game against Jamaica. If a decision is not reached by FIFA before that time, Rongen will name a replacement to the 20-player roster, " the USSF release stated.
Four CONCACAF teams will be final qualifiers for the 2009 FIFA U20 World Cup, with 20 other countries having already booked their place in Egypt.
Asia will send four representatives in Australia, Korea Republic, United Arab Emirates and Uzbekistan; while Africa will have five teams, including the hosts, as well as Cameroon, Ghana, Nigeria and South Africa.
The 2008 U19 European Championship served as the tournament that saw the Czech Republic, England, Germany, Hungary, Italy and Spain qualify.
Oceania send Tahiti to their first-ever world championship, while Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay and Venezuela will represent South America.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 09, 2015, 07:36:46 PM »
Raise yuh hand up high if you'll allow your son to go to T&T for a year under de TTFF and train with the national team and loose his scholarship to Notre Dame. Raise it real high.   

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #231 on: April 09, 2015, 11:41:01 PM »
Raise yuh hand up high if you'll allow your son to go to T&T for a year under de TTFF and train with the national team and loose his scholarship to Notre Dame. Raise it real high.   

good talk... :beermug:

it have men on here that will spit in your face and not support their own trini, actually a large portion of the population because they on this foolish politricks vibe...

so if ttfa calling, take it with a grain of salt.. when they have a man like Gulati running our fed, then and only then you will be more assured..

right now local peeps cheap and jealous when it coming to sports and allowing the wrong people to run our fed, so we susceptible to people walking out because the damn fed unreliable

and that's putting it mildly..
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 12:39:41 PM by Controversial »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 10, 2015, 11:58:24 AM »
Glad this thread reappear so we can identify the hypocrites among us.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #233 on: April 10, 2015, 12:44:16 PM »

and who really are the hypocrites?

most locals don't show any appreciation for their own, far less an ex pat with a lot to give to the nation, they become insecure and jealous, instead of working together and sharing ideas, a selfish vibe resides back home... close mindedness instead of open mindedness...

so when you say hypocrites among us, take a look in the mirror and what your politicians are doing to the nation first... and how they have destroyed our progress and society...

so I will say again and listen, until allyuh get your house in order, save the comments of hypocrites for afterwards...

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 10, 2015, 03:18:26 PM »

STEUPS !!!!!

He played in de world cup for T&T, that didn't mess it up?

Allyuh good yes.

Who say to let your kids go and play in T&T for one year?? who say that?

Nah, is ok to let your teammates do all de hard work and then jump in and play 3 games and jump out on a next national team, thats ok.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 10, 2015, 03:43:05 PM »

it have men on here that will spit in your face and not support their own trini, actually a large portion of the population because they on this foolish politricks vibe...

so if ttfa calling, take it with a grain of salt.. when they have a man like Gulati running our fed, then and only then you will be more assured..

right now local peeps cheap and jealous when it coming to sports and allowing the wrong people to run our fed, so we susceptible to people walking out because the damn fed unreliable

You talking about man spitting on locals while you degrading locals and want to bring Gulati to run the federation. At least you eh put forth a Canadian.

Anyway Gulati wouldn't know where to start in we Federation. What Gulati do that make you think he so special? He clueless.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 10, 2015, 03:55:04 PM »

and who really are the hypocrites?

most locals don't show any appreciation for their own, far less an ex pat with a lot to give to the nation, they become insecure and jealous, instead of working together and sharing ideas, a selfish vibe resides back home... close mindedness instead of open mindedness...

so when you say hypocrites among us, take a look in the mirror and what your politicians are doing to the nation first... and how they have destroyed our progress and society...

so I will say again and listen, until allyuh get your house in order, save the comments of hypocrites for afterwards...

Let me reprimand and lecture you all from up here, the land of progress and democracy. You all good for nutten, unreasonable, gimme gimme, 10 days people. Let me tell you all how it is suppose to be. See up here everything is quality, the politicians go by another name that you all will not know the meaning of - Saints.

Look at me for example, I have the answer to all T&T problems, let me tell you. Sancho don't know anything, Rowley don't know anything, Kams know ah lil something cause she smart enough to come up here and hire ppl to help out you ungrateful bunch.

See how loudly, arrogantly and proudly I can speak from way up here. Listen to me, let me tell you how it is.

Stueps.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 10, 2015, 04:28:53 PM »
Let me reprimand and lecture you all from up here, the land of progress and democracy. You all good for nutten, unreasonable, gimme gimme, 10 days people. Let me tell you all how it is suppose to be. See up here everything is quality, the politicians go by another name that you all will not know the meaning of - Saints.

Look at me for example, I have the answer to all T&T problems, let me tell you. Sancho don't know anything, Rowley don't know anything, Kams know ah lil something cause she smart enough to come up here and hire ppl to help out you ungrateful bunch.

See how loudly, arrogantly and proudly I can speak from way up here. Listen to me, let me tell you how it is.

Stueps.

You do a real good impression of yuhself when yuh talking about the TTFA... you need to take yuh act on de road.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #238 on: April 11, 2015, 12:15:54 PM »

You talking about man spitting on locals while you degrading locals and want to bring Gulati to run the federation. At least you eh put forth a Canadian.

Anyway Gulati wouldn't know where to start in we Federation. What Gulati do that make you think he so special? He clueless.

your comprehension poor fellah, no wonder bakes does pong yuh from time to time for talking so much rubbish.. If you read properly, I was inferring to a man who is like Gulati but Trini, I never suggested Gulati himself come and run our football idiot... If I put forth a Canadian or American, they would be of trinbagonian roots and I know a few but they wouldn't come back home to fight up with fellahs like you and your ilk that would just stagnate the progress...

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 12, 2015, 09:25:16 AM »

your comprehension poor fellah, no wonder bakes does pong yuh from time to time for talking so much rubbish.. If you read properly, I was inferring to a man who is like Gulati but Trini, I never suggested Gulati himself come and run our football idiot... If I put forth a Canadian or American, they would be of trinbagonian roots and I know a few but they wouldn't come back home to fight up with fellahs like you and your ilk that would just stagnate the progress...

Well yuh know I don't have an education from the Tundra. My ilk...lol.

So seeing that alyuh or people you know, don't want to come home and work with lesser people, why not just support the other Reds and leave our "ilk" alone. Surely you will be accepted into the fold clan.

You vex because I defending Trini people.

Daiz why alyuh does have to fight up when alyuh come home. The level or arrogance and condescension alyuh does have towards people home so intense, they does have to move rel left with alyuh.

But keep beating we over the head with how stupid we are.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 09:27:54 AM by elan »

1]; } ?>