May 22, 2024, 10:28:39 PM

Author Topic: Dog Killers..  (Read 1921 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Dog Killers..
« on: March 15, 2009, 06:44:13 PM »
Got this in email...

On the morning of March 11 2009 at approximately 6:15AM I witnessed a most horrible incident. I was proceeding south along the Solomon Hochoy Highway on my way to work when I saw a pick up security company vehicle with four guard dogs tied in the tray of the vehicle. The dogs were tied loosely by their LEASHES to the inner hooks of the tray and the driver of the vehicle (TBT 1192) was indiscriminately swerving in and out of traffic, at a speed way beyond the stipulated 80km per hour. The driver also had two other occupants in the vehicle.

He overtook me to the left lane to reach nowhere fast. He overtook another vehicle to now reach on the right lane (note, with the four dogs, 2 rottweilers, a pitbull and a mix breed, trying to maintain a balance in the back of the tray - EXPOSED). He then switched lanes again, this time pulling SUDDENLY in front of a MACK TRUCK on the left lane of the highway.

Unfortunately, one of the Rottweilers which obviously became freed of its leash, was CATAPULTED out of the tray of the van and into the path of the Mack truck following it. Needless to say the Mack truck driver could not avoid hitting the dog...and here I was trying to convince myself that is was a piece of rubber disintegrating from the front tyres of the Mack truck, when it was that poor Rottweiler dog.

Obviously it died. And it died a most horrible death that could have been avoided.

The most disgusting part however was that the driver of the security van continued along his merry way for approximately 5 minutes (and at his speed reaching a considerable distance ahead) when one of the cars he overtook literally flagged him down to tell him he lost one of his dogs...

I also pulled aside, distraught, and started my rant on the side of the highway...his response? "Well de dog dead anyway, lewwe go nah"...

Thankfully (or not) the company's telephone contact number was on the bottom right side of the tray of the vehicle and I immediately called to lodge my complaint....is it that these security companies cannot even think to either 1. build up a caged structure to transport their guard dogs or 2. actually by an animal carrying cage!

I called the company immediately and the initial response was shock (probably because there is now an additional cost to the company to replace the dog) , then the Manager took a report, and then they thanked me and hung up...I called back to confirm the name of the company and the hostility that greeted me on the phone was not surprising at all. But we have things called telephone directories...

So to COMMERCIAL PROTECTIVE SERVICES LIMITED, based in Chaguanas, SHAME ON YOU!!!

This company conducts its activities with respect to transportation of their guard dogs like this on a DAILY BASIS (because I see it daily on my journey to work, and strangely enough I was going to call today to lodge a complaint - maybe a futile one - about how they transport their animals)...so it was only a matter of time that this would have happened....but is just another dog ent?

As Mahatma Gandhi once stated, you can judge a country's character by looking at how the elderly and their animals are treated. So therefore that statement speaks VOLUMES for T&T.....but say what...this letter might just be in vain, but I just wanted to highlight the incident so MAYBE some companies can act responsible in their day to day activities - BEST PRACTICES for those who need clarification...

SHAME ON YOU COMMERCIAL PROTECTIVE SERVICES LIMITED! SHAME!!!!

I AM UTTERLY DISGUSTED...

Marise Kelly Johncilla
Animal Lover

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dog Killers..
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 07:09:22 PM »
Good for you Marise.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 07:14:34 PM »
She should call the Animal Cruelty .

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 07:23:21 PM »
She should call the Animal Cruelty .
they have this in trini.1st of all that couldn't happen in usa and if it did,what ah stink it would have caused.highway woulda shut dong,driver taken away in handcuff or issued ah summons and vehicle seized.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

truetrini

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 07:31:54 PM »
3 Years ago I was in an Army vehicle in T&T driving along the Priority Bus route.  The driver of the vehicle I was in thought it was funny to target dogs on the road and literally just mow him down.  He was a Lance Corporal too.

I asked him several times to stop but he ignored my pleas and continued to kill dogs and laughing all the way.

By the time we had reached Arima, he had killed 17 dogs.

I reported the matter to the people I was there with from the Army and the TTDF via a letter.

I just saw that killer this year in T&T driving a Jeep and he was a full corporal.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 07:35:21 PM »
3 Years ago I was in an Army vehicle in T&T driving along the Priority Bus route.  The driver of the vehicle I was in thought it was funny to target dogs on the road and literally just mow him down.  He was a Lance Corporal too.

I asked him several times to stop but he ignored my pleas and continued to kill dogs and laughing all the way.

I reported the matter to the people I was there with from the Army and the TTDF via a letter.

I just saw that killer this year in T&T driving a Jeep and he was a full corporal.

he sounding mentally sick.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 07:43:22 PM »

i eh no animal lover,but this way too wrong.in china he would have been ah dead man.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 03:01:50 AM »

Had a friend from England visit last year, he was in Trinidad in the sixties with the navy and he said that he remembered Chagaramas for the beachs and the amount of dead dogs on the road.
 So happened that he was staying at Crews Inn.
Yuh know what ? We counted about 7 dead dogs between Crews Inn, Hi Lo.

He said nothing has changed.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Lil Jodie P

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 05:18:04 AM »
this is sick sick nonsense!

imagine my neighbour get a fine from the Animal Cruelty Authorities or the TTSPCA or whoever it was, for beating a stray dog that was in his yard "too mercilessly" because the dog was going to mate with his dog!

imagine what would become of the driver of that truck if a report was made! i honestly believe that a report should be made actually! Animals trust in us to care for them and to protect them and to provide the best for them! what can of humans are they if they could just endanger the lives of  animals that, given the chance, would surrender their own lives to protect ours? some people really have no conscience boy...geeze.
FOREVER AND ALWAYS "Little Jodie P" :)

Offline Bamboo Prince

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 06:07:30 AM »

mih boy, I tryin to imagine sittin down in a jeep where the driver go outa his way to kill a dog...and stayin in de vehicle after the first hit. Me eh know bout other people, but I cyah do dat, not even as a 10-year-old, far less as a big man. 

Ah know yuh post was really to shed light on the cruelty yuh witness, but all the way to Arima and 17 dogs later mih boy??? nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah - yuh hadda come much better than forkin dat padnaz!

truetrini

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2009, 07:28:21 AM »

mih boy, I tryin to imagine sittin down in a jeep where the driver go outa his way to kill a dog...and stayin in de vehicle after the first hit. Me eh know bout other people, but I cyah do dat, not even as a 10-year-old, far less as a big man. 

Ah know yuh post was really to shed light on the cruelty yuh witness, but all the way to Arima and 17 dogs later mih boy??? nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah - yuh hadda come much better than forkin dat padnaz!

Well trust me I wanted to shoot him, and I was armed.  I kept asking him to stop the vehicle and to stop the carnage, I told him I was going to report him, he kept on doing it.

Believe me I wrote a very nasty letter, gave his name vehicle number everything, I can assure you that it was not the first time he had done this.

It was at 300 am in the morning too...he ran lights drove like a mad man and I was clenching my fists for many reasons....anger, fright and frustration.

A sick man indeed.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2009, 07:38:56 AM »

Well trust me I wanted to shoot him, and I was armed.  I kept asking him to stop the vehicle and to stop the carnage, I told him I was going to report him, he kept on doing it.

Believe me I wrote a very nasty letter, gave his name vehicle number everything, I can assure you that it was not the first time he had done this.

It was at 300 am in the morning too...he ran lights drove like a mad man and I was clenching my fists for many reasons....anger, fright and frustration.

A sick man indeed.
wuh happen,yuh doh believe in violence a what.kick his ass.or is ah code between allyuh army people,or he was bigger and badder than u.

truetrini

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2009, 08:15:21 AM »
1.  I was never in the army.
2.  I am all for violence, and it had nutten to do with who was bigger or badder, a bullet doh repsect size.
3.  I was a guest of the T&T Ministry of National Security and was on my way to pick up equpiment before heading to the Jazz festival.
4.  T&T full ah shit hounds.  I didn't want to mess up my hands.

giggsy11

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2009, 06:13:29 PM »
What I think is so sad is how many stray dogs running around Trinidad. Soon they will be out numbering the children.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2009, 06:57:01 PM »
1.  I was never in the army.
2.  I am all for violence, and it had nutten to do with who was bigger or badder, a bullet doh repsect size.
3.  I was a guest of the T&T Ministry of National Security and was on my way to pick up equpiment before heading to the Jazz festival.
4.  T&T full ah shit hounds.  I didn't want to mess up my hands.
So the shithounds killing out all the pothounds.
good one
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>