May 23, 2024, 12:21:08 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the 2009 Gold Cup Games.  (Read 85746 times)

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
Re: Thread for the 2009 Gold Cup Games.
« Reply #450 on: July 23, 2009, 10:42:14 PM »
Costa Rica #9 needs to lose that perm
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 23, 2009, 10:43:06 PM »
CR :applause: :applause: :wavetowel:
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 23, 2009, 10:44:36 PM »
oh oh :P
mayheeco keeper makes a save
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 23, 2009, 10:44:41 PM »
goalscorer just turn goat  :o

I was now about to say look how men just boldface kicking PKs down the middle.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 23, 2009, 10:47:05 PM »
Mexico vs US again... so whats new guys?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 23, 2009, 10:47:58 PM »
Caca!!!
Oh well
good one Mayheeco
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 23, 2009, 10:50:43 PM »
don't know how the hell restaurants are going to open on Sunday in NYC because every Mexican will be at Giants Stadium

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 23, 2009, 11:08:51 PM »
Gio playing good. Should have pass one instead of shooting though

Agreed. But, if yuh check, he had been sharing the ball ah whole heap up to that point. Ah while back, I suggested this tournament is doing wonders for his confidence ... it's showing. Also impressed with his endurance in the extra period.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 23, 2009, 11:13:47 PM »
goalscorer just turn goat  :o

I was now about to say look how men just boldface kicking PKs down the middle.

I couldn't see Froylan Ledezma converting. I was really curious to see who the Ticos would select to kick. Was hoping Ledezma wasn't one of them, and his body language pre-kick confirmed what came next ... after advertising the effort for Memo Ochoa. Not sure who the 5th kicker would have been but I suspect Granados or Marshall ... even with Marshall (another left footer), I suspect Memo would have had the edge.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
mexicans Fans are
« Reply #459 on: July 24, 2009, 12:34:52 AM »
f**kin Racist.  Fist things first anyone a allyuh I hear supporting Mexican football a bussin allyuh head from aside from mi see allyuh. Boy Is thunder dey gave me in dat stadium I had to leave and go find refuge by a security guard.. The mexican  Moto during  The Costa Rica  game was "Pinchay n**gers chinga tu madre" When I get tiad of it I told one of them man cool your self watch the racial slurs, well I was then targeted wid Missles, Drinks from all side hit me and My 12 year old child. I asked myself during the first game how come Mexico supporting USA so Much , because I mean they was fighting wid the Honduras supporters . I supporting mi USA as usual and felt good to see the mexicans supporting the USA but I see dem true colours when Costa Rica game came on.  I was wearing my TNT shirt and so happen Costa Rica Shirt is the same colour and with the same stripes I have  so a lot of dem taught I was From Costa rica. I went there to Support Costa Rica and good football but had to tek refuge because of the f**kers.. Mexicans fans are rude Dey even had a stuff monkey wid CR shirt on it. I have bout  7 Nieces and Nephews who is Half mexican and Have trini , I never taught dem mexicans was dat racist in my life. I will never Support mexican football in my life or rate anyone on this forum who support this team... I wish USA gave dem bout 5 in dey ass!!!!!!!!
I doh care who mexico playing from this day on I will support the other team I will never support dem f**kers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: mexicans Fans are
« Reply #460 on: July 24, 2009, 01:23:12 AM »
Sorry to hear that, but i won't jump to racist cuz that is how the Central and South Americans cheer their football.  You would've had the same experience with Costa Ricans, Hondurans, El Salvadorians etc.  They're just very passionate about their football and go overboard with it (not an excuse for their horrendous behavior btw).  I don't want neither America or Mexico to win especially since we not even in it  :P >:(

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is played from de neck up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 24, 2009, 01:48:31 AM »
I hope that you and your child were not scarred by this traumatic experience.
So sorry.Handle yuh business and make sure you and your child weren't
traumatised by dese animals. And security did nothing about this ?
Muchless Ah Child ? God bless both of you.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 24, 2009, 02:18:06 AM »
Sorry to hear that, but i won't jump to racist cuz that is how the Central and South Americans cheer their football.  You would've had the same experience with Costa Ricans, Hondurans, El Salvadorians etc.  They're just very passionate about their football and go overboard with it (not an excuse for their horrendous behavior btw). 

As well as some fans of Middle Eastern, European and Asian nations. Remember how they pelt we in Bahrain. Rank bullsh*t and the ugly side of national pride. Football and general humanity lose out here and sorry your child had to experience that boy War.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 24, 2009, 03:11:46 AM »
Sorry to hear that, but i won't jump to racist cuz that is how the Central and South Americans cheer their football.   You would've had the same experience with Costa Ricans, Hondurans, El Salvadorians etc.  They're just very passionate about their football and go overboard with it (not an excuse for their horrendous behavior btw).  I don't want neither America or Mexico to win especially since we not even in it  :P >:(
Hush yuh c@nt yuh uncle tom mutha facker!! warmonger is right!! i've been telling ppl i doh rate mexico , argentina and italy BC them fackers doh like nobody.

war, i sorrry tuh hear that breds, especially when yuh have yuh yute wid yuh. i personally will go tuh gian'ts stadium on sunday, god willing , "yes true trini, god willing," and i will boo them wet back mutha fackers every time they touch ah ball the trifilling bastards.

not only that , but ah hope USA give them ah hand full in their own back yard and costa rica buss ah whole heap on them up in the saprissa, matter of fact ah hope they lose every game next rounds and fail tuh make it to the WC, the dirty bastards.

and FYI , not all spanish central american countries does go on like that, it's only ah few and mexico is the biggest culprits.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 24, 2009, 04:21:26 AM »
I dont care how passionate you are in sports I cannot even start to understand why supporters should make nasty racist comments about players,it is the worst experience that anyone can endure at a football match.I have had the mis-fortune of that experience about 18 years ago in England,some comments were even directed at me,even now I feel hurt when I think about it.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: July 24, 2009, 06:31:14 AM »
Revenge is sweet- We will knock them out of the W/C in Trinidad.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 24, 2009, 09:24:52 AM »
I'm sorry for your experience warmonga, however to believe Mexican fans are the only ones would be misguided
http://www.socawarriors.net/mens-senior-team/3988-gray-gets-racial-slurs-from-us-supporters.html

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 24, 2009, 12:39:30 PM »
Understrength U.S. perseveres to reach Gold Cup final

So what does it mean exactly if what can charitably be described as a U.S. "B" team reaches the final of the CONCACAF Gold Cup? It might not say much for the quality in the rest of the region, but you still have to give U.S. coach Bob Bradley and his players credit for getting the job done during their 2-0 semifinal win over Honduras.

The fact is that the Americans didn't have any control over who they played against or what players their opponents chose to bring along. What they could control was their own play, and while the Catrachos -- who also brought an understrength side to the tournament -- put up plenty of resistance, the U.S. delivered a thoroughly professional performance and, in the process, had some players cement places on the American depth chart.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 24, 2009, 12:42:31 PM »
Steups US B team beating er body in the Concacaf boy steups but they have home field advantage in the Gold cup they gone almost always be in the finals...

Offline lucky4life

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 24, 2009, 12:47:13 PM »
Sorry to hear that, but i won't jump to racist cuz that is how the Central and South Americans cheer their football.  You would've had the same experience with Costa Ricans, Hondurans, El Salvadorians etc.  They're just very passionate about their football and go overboard with it (not an excuse for their horrendous behavior btw).  I don't want neither America or Mexico to win especially since we not even in it  :P >:(
 other team and their fan is passionate about their team football but they don't go around throwing beer and other els shit and the other team and their fan and with the racist shit,this is not the way to be passionate and supporting your team,and this is not the first time that mexico do this and it will not be the last,they should be band on fine,i bet you if is was trinidad or jamaica or haiti,we would have been band and fine,mexico know that they can get away with shit like this so they will keep on doing it,it is just not right to be throwing thing on the other team players on the field and their fan and talking racist toward them

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 24, 2009, 01:04:17 PM »
Steups US B team beating er body in the Concacaf boy steups but they have home field advantage in the Gold cup they gone almost always be in the finals...
Honduras and Mexico also brought their B teams

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 24, 2009, 01:13:31 PM »
Honduras and Mexico also brought their B teams
O so why the hell they boasting bout Understrength US team... Gold cup gets no respect and this what the Jamaicans was showing off with steups...

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 25, 2009, 09:48:49 AM »
U.S. aims to maintain psychological edge over El Tri

Back in 2007, the U.S. claimed the CONCACAF Gold Cup title with a 2-1 win over Mexico and in the process booked a ticket to the 2009 Confederations Cup. Everyone now knows how swimmingly that turned out for the U.S., but when the same two teams meet again in the Gold Cup final Sunday, the winner's claim of CONCACAF supremacy, as well as a bit of pride, are what is primarily at stake.

Of course, pride has proved to be more than sufficient motivation whenever these two sides get together. Mere friendlies burn with an intensity that often threatens to boil over, and even though both teams will be fielding understrength sides Sunday, the fact that there is a trophy on the line should result in the usual amount of on-field passion.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 25, 2009, 10:50:14 AM »
U.S. aims to maintain psychological edge over El Tri

that psychological advantage might do wonders for the rest of the teams in the Hex if Mexico implodes from another American beating.

I actually hope that the US put some serious licks on Mexico - not just for the WCQ situation, but their fan behaviour is absolutely deplorable - and their coach did nothing to stem it with his stupid antics versus Panama. People like that don't deserve the right to celebrate. If the Mexican fans can behave like that in another country, just imagine how they behave at home.

I hope the US hits them about 4 unanswered and it shuts them up for the next 2 years - I could deal with the false sense of US bravado during that time.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 25, 2009, 11:27:10 AM »
f**kin Racist.  Fist things first anyone a allyuh I hear supporting Mexican football a bussin allyuh head from aside from mi see allyuh. Boy Is thunder dey gave me in dat stadium I had to leave and go find refuge by a security guard.. The mexican  Moto during  The Costa Rica  game was "Pinchay n**gers chinga tu madre" When I get tiad of it I told one of them man cool your self watch the racial slurs, well I was then targeted wid Missles, Drinks from all side hit me and My 12 year old child. I asked myself during the first game how come Mexico supporting USA so Much , because I mean they was fighting wid the Honduras supporters . I supporting mi USA as usual and felt good to see the mexicans supporting the USA but I see dem true colours when Costa Rica game came on.  I was wearing my TNT shirt and so happen Costa Rica Shirt is the same colour and with the same stripes I have  so a lot of dem taught I was From Costa rica. I went there to Support Costa Rica and good football but had to tek refuge because of the f**kers.. Mexicans fans are rude Dey even had a stuff monkey wid CR shirt on it. I have bout  7 Nieces and Nephews who is Half mexican and Have trini , I never taught dem mexicans was dat racist in my life. I will never Support mexican football in my life or rate anyone on this forum who support this team... I wish USA gave dem bout 5 in dey ass!!!!!!!!
I doh care who mexico playing from this day on I will support the other team I will never support dem f**kers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

war

Welcome to the club.... I have news for you too...Mexicans are not the only very openly racist people in Latin America.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 25, 2009, 12:35:22 PM »
It's high time the US authorities intervene to prevent fans of El Tri sullying the game on US soil. Punto final.

It's simply a question of ignorance and crowd dynamics.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 25, 2009, 01:34:23 PM »

war

You now figure out Spanish people doh like "black" people.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 25, 2009, 01:40:17 PM »
You now figure out Spanish people doh like "black" people.
What about Honduras, Costa Rica, Panama, Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Dominican Republic, etc. where many of the Spanish people are black?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 25, 2009, 03:38:31 PM »
Thr worm,
              First of all Brazil is Lusophone(portuguese). Bro, life ain't easy for black people ln Latin American. Yes they "big up" their black footballers and entertainers. But life for most blacks down there is a real struggle.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 25, 2009, 03:41:44 PM »
Thr worm,
              First of all Brazil is Lusophone(portuguese). Bro, life ain't easy for black people ln Latin American. Yes they "big up" their black footballers and entertainers. But life for most blacks down there is a real struggle.
:busshead: Of course Brazil speaks Portuguese.  I honestly have no idea what its like, thats why I was asking.

1]; } ?>