June 04, 2024, 01:21:32 AM

Author Topic: How do we go about being a better home team.  (Read 5225 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
How do we go about being a better home team.
« on: July 07, 2009, 07:44:11 AM »
How come we are the only team in concacaf (the hex mostly) who don't know how to protect our home grounds. ? No other teams in our division gives up home games as much.

Is this part of the problem.

We train at the Larry Gomes Stadium and we play in de Hasley Crawford Stadium. No relation what so ever. ?

Can we use the climate (sun) as an assistant to us, playing our home games at 12noon. ?

Is it the poor crowd support we get as they only hurray when we dribbling and when we score after that you don't hear from them. ?

Or is it just the players as they perform better being the visitor, they cannot handle being overwhelmed by support or the pressure to do well at home.

What allyuh feel we can do to really claim our territory.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: How do we go about being a better home team.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 07:55:48 AM »
How come we are the only team in concacaf (the hex mostly) who don't know how to protect our home grounds. ? No other teams in our division gives up home games as much.
That's more about the coaching than anything else.

Is this part of the problem.

We train at the Larry Gomes Stadium and we play in de Hasley Crawford Stadium. No relation what so ever. ?
Usa does play in California, Nashville, Conneticut, Chicago, Boston, Texas, Colorado, Chicago, get the drift. Our home field is T&T.
Can we use the climate (sun) as an assistant to us, playing our home games at 12noon. ?
We no different, men does chill (get it) all day in AC. You forget how hot the sun does be in the US.

Is it the poor crowd support we get as they only hurray when we dribbling and when we score after that you don't hear from them. ?

We could sing till we blue it eh go help a team who is under preapred, technically and tactically inferior, and inexperience or uninterested coaches.

Or is it just the players as they perform better being the visitor, they cannot handle being overwhelmed by support or the pressure to do well at home.

What allyuh feel we can do to really claim our territory.
Train to become better players.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 08:21:51 AM »
we also treat the opposing team and fans like tourists.

We need to make them more uncomfortable
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 08:29:13 AM »
We wasn't undefeated in the Hasely Crawford Stadium for something like 2-3 years?

EDIT:
We ent lorse a game in the HCS from November 2004 (Mexico) to January 2007 when we lorse to Haiti in the Digicel Cup final

Furthermore we ent lorse a game at home from February 2005 (USA) to Jan 2007...

More: We lorse two home game in de whole of 2008... England (HCS) and Bermuda (Marvin Lee) (steups)

Lorse one home game so far in 2009

Looking like a decent record to me....

HOW TO BE A BETTER HOME TEAM... PLAY YOUR BEST TEAM ALWAYS
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 08:35:21 AM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 08:34:21 AM »

I don't agree with that. We need to play better football.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 09:02:25 AM »
We wasn't undefeated in the Hasely Crawford Stadium for something like 2-3 years?

EDIT:
We ent lorse a game in the HCS from November 2004 (Mexico) to January 2007 when we lorse to Haiti in the Digicel Cup final

Furthermore we ent lorse a game at home from February 2005 (USA) to Jan 2007...

More: We lorse two home game in de whole of 2008... England (HCS) and Bermuda (Marvin Lee) (steups)

Lorse one home game so far in 2009

Looking like a decent record to me....

HOW TO BE A BETTER HOME TEAM... PLAY YOUR BEST TEAM ALWAYS

well said..one thing to add..

Haven't lost a WCQ at the HCS since Mexico beat us 3-1 in 2004...
edit: add to that we hadn't lost at HCS in WCQ prior to the above defeat in WCQ wen Costa Rica beat us 2-0 in 2001... We a bit better than ppl know.. Mexico stopped expecting to get an easy win in Trinidad since 2000, one of their coaches said as much..

How to be a better home team..stopping making silly defensive errors and leaking easy goals...
but the crowd intensity could be better tho...
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 09:06:55 AM by Arazi »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 11:10:46 AM »
Expand the Marvin Lee capacity yet keep the stadium "intimate".  No more than 10,000 capacity.  5,000 even better.  It doh have 5,000 football fanatics in T&T. 

Make sure de parkin and ting around de stadium could handle de volume. 

Change de field to natural turf. 

Set up a permanent photo of the Soca Warriors celebrating just after de Sweden game in 2006 outside de home team dressin room so as players runnin out, dey could take a lil touch. 

Make sure we soca, pan, chutney, parang, music ringin out LOUD all round de stadium...iron & rhythm section.....

As we walkin out on de field...Maximus I Am A Soca Warrior blarin from de speakers....OLAY OLAY OLAY OLAY...OLAAYYY...OLAAYYY

De idea is to make de settin as Trinbagonian & intimate as possible but all dat does is help make us a better home VENUE.

To be a better home TEAM we have to play better football.  Dat simple.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 11:36:33 AM »
Palos I agree with all your points except the venue- Keep HC as our office as the Jamaicans would say.
 We need to play our best players in their natural position and make some noise.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 05:58:08 PM »

I don't agree with that. We need to play better football.

Cosignnnnnnnnnnnnn
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 06:24:30 PM »
select the best team first, then start winning, playing world class opposition at home and away to start off with...

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 06:32:34 PM »
If we play 1-2 good friendly a month we go be set.

Is the 4th rate friendlies killing we.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 06:50:01 PM »

Maybe it's because we're the only team in the Hex that has to play 5 home matches against teams that are far superior to us?

But there is a quick fix available now....2 words......Bobby Zamora

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2009, 07:41:17 PM »

Maybe it's because we're the only team in the Hex that has to play 5 home matches against teams that are far superior to us?

But there is a quick fix available now....2 words......Bobby Zamora

2 more words Jlloyd Samuel
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2009, 08:16:58 PM »
FF point out some good stats but we need to dig deeper...how many games we won versus how many we draw?  also our win-draw record in the important games.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2009, 08:52:33 PM »
Expand the Marvin Lee capacity yet keep the stadium "intimate".  No more than 10,000 capacity.  5,000 even better.  It doh have 5,000 football fanatics in T&T. 

Make sure de parkin and ting around de stadium could handle de volume. 

Change de field to natural turf. 

Set up a permanent photo of the Soca Warriors celebrating just after de Sweden game in 2006 outside de home team dressin room so as players runnin out, dey could take a lil touch. 

Make sure we soca, pan, chutney, parang, music ringin out LOUD all round de stadium...iron & rhythm section.....

As we walkin out on de field...Maximus I Am A Soca Warrior blarin from de speakers....OLAY OLAY OLAY OLAY...OLAAYYY...OLAAYYY

De idea is to make de settin as Trinbagonian & intimate as possible but all dat does is help make us a better home VENUE.

To be a better home TEAM we have to play better football.  Dat simple.

I was wondering where this was going?  I was saying to myself, "Didn't we do this in Tobago?"   ;D
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2009, 11:23:59 AM »
I agree with FF that we aren't a bad home team, but we certainly aren't a dominant one. I think that is what Sam, and most of us, expect. Palos is on to something. For example, in the Serie A they want to move away from stadia with an athletic track in it because it moves the fans further back from the field.

We can complain about how quiet our crowds are except when beat sharing, but aren't many of us in here guilty of the same behavior we complaining about when we attend matches? Therefore that is something that can be fixed by us, the fans.

With regards to the football I think one of the biggest problems we have affects us away too. We start halves of matches at too low an intensity. Perhaps if we started our home game at a higher intensity the crowd can get more into it... stay more interested. They always seem to be playing catch up in the first 15 minutes of the match or second half, so even if the scores are close we aren't dominating as you'd expect a home team to. So I say improve the way we start halves and we'll probably improve our home team performances.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 11:45:04 AM »
The culture of T&T (somewhat) and the low quality of our football lends to the poor atmosphere at our home games. 

I think we're stronger at home than on the road- but our football is so inconsistent that the occasional disappointing result (including draws) at home from time to time, daunt our confidence in beating teams in T&T, and on the opposite end of the spectrum, the occasional surprisingly good result (including draws) away from home serve to inflate our perception of our ability on foreign soil - for eg in WCQ off the top of my head good away results:

1989 campaign
1-1 draw against Honduras
1-1 draw against the U.S.
1-0 win against Guatemala

2001 campaign
1-0 win against Honduras

2005 campaign
1-0 win against Panama
1-0 win against Bahrain

2009 campaign
2-0 win against Bermuda (I'm ashamed to put this in, but it was a big result in its own right)
0-0 draw against Guatemala

Good bad or indifferent, I think inconsistency both home and away is the common theme. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Mackie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2009, 12:39:04 PM »
If we play 1-2 good friendly a month we go be set.

Is the 4th rate friendlies killing we.

I agree with that ..,.. How you go know how to fix the team if they only looking real good playing each other and Grenada???

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2009, 05:07:18 PM »
The US does play the WC game in different stadiums and it don't deem to matter. Look our team is not a strong team period. We the strike squad was winning, wether we play in the oval or HCS, people use to come out. Play good football and win and the waggonists will hitch a ride!!!!!

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2009, 07:36:30 PM »
doh play on d road. tell dem other federations dat jack say so and forfeit all d road games. dat should make yuh a wienner.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2009, 08:23:52 PM »
we need to stop making excuses

we always looking for a scapegoat to blame:
  • Jack
  • Pancho
  • Camps
  • TTFF
  • HCS turf
  • waggonist
  • blacklist
  • people wearing brands instead of red/black
  • training camp
  • the referee
  • Zen
  • Carnival
  • Machel Montano HD
  • Du Maurier & Broadway
  • Carib & Stag

...... and the list goes on - but nobody does ever blame the players - unless is Stern John we talking about
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2009, 02:26:51 PM »
acb,
           You can't be serious. We does lay it out flat when them players ain't performing. Every WC player, down to Latas and Dwight have gotten the hammer on occasions when they do shyte.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2009, 03:21:27 PM »
we need to stop making excuses

we always looking for a scapegoat to blame:
  • Jack
  • Pancho
  • Camps
  • TTFF
  • HCS turf
  • waggonist
  • blacklist
  • people wearing brands instead of red/black
  • training camp
  • the referee
  • Zen
  • Carnival
  • Machel Montano HD
  • Du Maurier & Broadway
  • Carib & Stag

...... and the list goes on - but nobody does ever blame the players - unless is Stern John we talking about
Like you on jack warner payroll or what! the man is toxic to the football breads, and he's ah forkin indian giver.

just look @ the bullshyte he did for the past three yrs! instead of buliding on the WC experience , he broke down the whole moral of the players and the fans with the blacklist and exclusion of players, he run ah good coach tuh bring in ah dunce a$$ coach who don't have ah clue, setting we football back 5 more yrs. the man is ah forkin  :joker:! talk dun!!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2009, 03:23:47 PM »
Make RFK our home field  :beermug:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2009, 03:42:03 PM »
They could make Boy's high in brooklyn our home field, that still would not solve the current problems.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2009, 04:25:53 PM »
They could make Boy's high in brooklyn our home field, that still would not solve the current problems.
But ah bet yuh it would sell out every game though! :devil:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2009, 04:27:44 PM »
JC,
          I totally agree with you on Boy's High. i believe it might be too small though.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2009, 05:18:20 PM »
Like you on jack warner payroll or what! the man is toxic to the football breads, and he's ah forkin indian giver.

just look @ the bullshyte he did for the past three yrs! instead of buliding on the WC experience , he broke down the whole moral of the players and the fans with the blacklist and exclusion of players, he run ah good coach tuh bring in ah dunce a$$ coach who don't have ah clue, setting we football back 5 more yrs. the man is ah forkin  :joker:! talk dun!!!

What does Jack Warner being an alledged forkin indian giver have to do with football?
Jack Warner wasn't enough, so yuh trying to blame Trini Indians for the plight of TT Football now?

Nobody denies that JW is in part responsible for the current status of our qualifying campaign - but this entire board was rife with hope & relief when Latapy came in as coach - and his record is now a whopping 0-1-2 ... and that 1 draw was a 3-3 draw today against our U-20 team.

The blacklist was to blame, but when we brought back the blacklisted players with the exception of Brent Sancho we lost two games on the trot, and the truth is we look worse that we looked under that dunce coach. We still can't pass, we can't defend, and we lackin fitness. 

We have the coach the people wanted and we have the players the people wanted - now we can't get the results the people wanted ... so who yuh going to blame now?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2009, 05:21:43 PM »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2009, 05:26:53 PM »
ACB
quick
read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_giver

If that is the context that was intended - then I take back what I said.
However, it is not uncommon to see stuff said on this site with a bit of a slant/ slight ... if yuh get my drift.

1]; } ?>