April 26, 2024, 02:34:19 AM

Author Topic: What if we had a West Indies football side?  (Read 4973 times)

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What if we had a West Indies football side?
« on: July 11, 2009, 11:56:54 PM »
If this was to happen how many Trinis will be on the team.  My 3 will be.  am ...am....
Carlos for sure
Birchy a distant 2nd
Ah cyah find 3 certain spots nah. A shame  :-[
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What if we had a West Indies football side?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 01:09:55 AM »
Jones,Carlos,J Samuel making that squad n maybe scotty... Hyland and birchy if they lucky... i think there was a thread on dis years back.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 03:21:54 AM »
First of all, hell fackin NO! 2nd for the sake of argument,if we was tuh have ah "WI" team i would want half of the guadelope team for starters with latas stern and KJ.

as for carlos and birchall, please! birchall could hardly shield ah ball and make ah simple elementary pass, but he good enough tuh replace ah hyland or whitley. sstttuueeepppsss.

birchall could hardly make ah league one team on ah regular basis, but he could surpass so much good players we have here in the WI. give me ah break!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 03:46:07 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 03:42:53 AM »
 :timeout: Preacher that's ah real bad idea  :shameonyou:. the only reason it kinda worked with cricket is BC the british most likely set it up that way before independence and national pride, and since cricket was already ah big deal in the WI during colonial times they went for it and it worked out,

but could you imagine if we had ah WI football team?  total chaos :puking:!

imagine we here have two islands and ppl from bago does dun cry how they doh have enough representation :yapping:, could you imagine if we had tuh share with the whole region ?! :duel: this whole thing is just nonsensical, it would never work!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 03:44:30 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 07:06:47 AM »
That is a recipe for total meltdown

Remember when Pele came to Trinidad the second time,well he played against the same idea of a WI side,there was a youth from Jamdown,I think his last name was Bell,he made the side as a forward ahead of Ron La Forest,the man was out of his league and totally not with it,that left a bitter taste,so let us not have such grand thoughts alone

In that game Tesheria gave Pele all he could handle,he just could not get past the Red wall... :beermug:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 07:22:01 AM »
Steupes.

Just take a look at WI cricket team and be eternally grateful such a dotish concept never come to fruition.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 09:53:35 AM »
A WI football team does not have to include the 'big guns'. JA and T&T dont have to be part of it as their teams can remain independent. But the smaller islands like Grenada, St Vincent and St Lucia could combine their federations and form one team. At the moment, they just making up numbers.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2009, 10:49:01 AM »
WI team for exhibitions only.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2009, 11:04:58 AM »

I agree. If you read the history of the "Caribbean FA" in the early 50's and the "British Caribbean FA" in the late 50's shortly before independence (links in the WI coach dies thread) they never worked out beyond a few exhibition tours and in fact never played against another international team aside from the British Olympic team.

Offline Tha G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Anytime is trini time, cyah wait to buss ah lime
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2009, 11:07:30 AM »
This has been discussed many times before, and even fifa say hell no cause it will lessen the votes and thing, and cause other reigons to try the dame thing I.E. united kingdom, middle east, etc etc.... it cannot work, mabe if we had done it like in the 30's or 40's but not at this stage.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2009, 12:01:11 PM »
Steupes.

Just take a look at WI cricket team and be eternally grateful such a dotish concept never come to fruition.

well said, like some ppl just like stress then they does complain about pressure.

Corbeaux

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2009, 01:07:28 PM »
Dis will not be in our best interest because d nt is an outlet to get foregn contracts.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2009, 01:39:02 PM »
Gunman,
             The UK, GB or whatever should in reality be one team if FIFA were to go strictly by the book. The Brits got an exception because the so called "four nations" were among the countries that formed FIFA in the early 1900s. That was in serious colonial times. UK, GB is one country and has one passport. Britain is one country in the UN, not 4.

And the only way the Caribbean can play in the WC as a unified team,  is if they were to form a federation again. And you all know that is not happening no matter how much Patrick talk thru his posterior.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2009, 03:34:26 PM »
Well let's just say hell freeze over.   ::)  and this did happen. Which players from T&T getting a guaranteed spot?  I can't see more than three players on that regional squad.  Granted I not up on the PFL like some.  KJ , doubtful, Latas, Yorke to old.  Could it be just Carlos?

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2009, 05:32:48 PM »

short and sweet. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2009, 07:56:42 PM »
Steupes.

COSIGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2009, 10:41:36 PM »
Well let's just say hell freeze over.   ::)  and this did happen. Which players from T&T getting a guaranteed spot?  I can't see more than three players on that regional squad.  Granted I not up on the PFL like some.  KJ , doubtful, Latas, Yorke to old.  Could it be just Carlos?
So the point of this post ,is we shitty ?and only 3 players could make the WI team?.And you want aWI team  ? doubting thomas  whats your beef ,Are we not producing prosoect fast enough for you ? Fro my chair were leaps and bounds from wher we use to be .

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2009, 09:08:47 AM »
Well let's just say hell freeze over.   ::)  and this did happen. Which players from T&T getting a guaranteed spot?  I can't see more than three players on that regional squad.  Granted I not up on the PFL like some.  KJ , doubtful, Latas, Yorke to old.  Could it be just Carlos?
So the point of this post ,is we shitty ?and only 3 players could make the WI team?.And you want aWI team  ? doubting thomas  whats your beef ,Are we not producing prosoect fast enough for you ? Fro my chair were leaps and bounds from wher we use to be .
Well since we not it the Gold Cup and watching these other teams it just got me thinking.  Yes we have come leaps and bounds overall but like Latas using Mats play book  :devil:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2009, 09:45:25 AM »
Ah like how nobody (except Trindogg it seems) answering the question posted in the thread.  The man asked IF there was a WI team, which Trinis would make the squad...not whether or not we think it's a good idea....everybody (almost everybody) gone off on a tangent about how terrible the idea is, when nobody eh ask that...

That said I think Carlos, Kenwyne, Scotty, Birchall, Stern, Tinto, Cornell, Yorke, Lawrence, Hyland, D.Roberts & Scott Sealy could all make the team...they probably wouldn't all make it, but in terms of ability I they're probably among the better players in W.I. that would be considered for selection .
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2009, 11:22:38 AM »
Ah like how nobody (except Trindogg it seems) answering the question posted in the thread. 

If yuh like it, why yuh criticisin it?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2009, 11:24:24 AM »
TODAY,
only Carlos, Scotty, Kenwyne, J Lloyd making the team automatically

Hyland and Tinto fightin up to make d bench
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2009, 11:55:09 AM »
Ah like how nobody (except Trindogg it seems) answering the question posted in the thread. 

If yuh like it, why yuh criticisin it?

?

Point out the criticism fuh meh nah...Then I'll come up with an answer. 

Does an observation equal a criticism, or yuh finger itching yuh and just feel tuh write something?

steups...anyway

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2009, 01:32:30 PM »
Carlos, KJ for sure. Others on de fence.

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2009, 01:48:30 PM »
Carlos, KJ for sure. Others on de fence.

Yeah I would go for that Guad. mid-fielder with dreads very aggressive and skillful.  We used to have so much players that was obvious standouts.  I don't know what happen, somehow we brand get water down.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2009, 02:06:31 PM »
This topic is all time classic that comes up every 1 and half years lol

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2009, 02:15:03 PM »

Another off season thread
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2009, 02:15:57 PM »
Bad idea.  We done make WC already and on many levels.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2009, 03:24:20 PM »

The actual topic of the thread actually doesn't come up that often...

The topic that most responses are addressing on the other hand, sure...that's up there with the Pele v Maradona discussion as far as recycled topics go  ;D

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2009, 04:58:43 PM »
Imagine Jack Warner's hand in the whole Caribbean's pocket?  bad bad, bad bad bad idea.
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

1]; } ?>