May 28, 2024, 04:55:41 PM

Author Topic: Latapy calls Lyndon Andrews to train with national team.  (Read 6948 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Latapy calls Lyndon Andrews to train with national team.
« on: July 25, 2009, 10:02:04 PM »
National squad back on training pitch.
T&T Express Reports.

Trinidad and Tobago's footballers resumed preparations ahead of their 2010 World Cup Qualifier against El Salvador at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on August 12 last Wednesday at the Larry Gomes Stadium, with head coach Russell Latapy conducting a session with 19 players, including a couple new calls-ups.

Latapy has invited former Hibernian midfielder Lyndon "Chubby" Andrews into the squad along with Caledonia AIA defender Kareem Joseph, saying that he was impressed by the displays of both players in the Digicel Pro League.

Andrews has 42 appearances for T&T and was attached to Scottish club Hibernian in 2000/2002.

Latapy is expected to name his final squad for the World Cup Qualifier later this week and will continue to monitor his players both home and overseas. Another training session is scheduled for this morning at the Marvin Lee Stadium in Macoya.

Although Trinidad and Tobago sit at the bottom of the six-team CONCACAF qualifying table, midfielder Trent Noel, who skippered the national team in their recent 3-2 win over St Kitts/Nevis, believes the Soca Warriors can pull it off against El Salvador, who robbed T&T of three points in San Salvador with two late goals.

A win for the Warriors next month will push them to five points, same as the Central Americans, while a win by three goals will push T&T into fifth spot ahead of their next opponents on goal difference.

"The game across in St Kitts was good enough and it was a decent workout for us. One of the things we have been working on is trying to start faster and not giving up goals easily," said Noel.

"The build-up to August 12 is going okay but we need to get together a bit more, but this isn't possible because we have only played once since the last qualifier. This means that we have to depend on the players working hard and keeping on top of their game with their clubs," Noel told Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) media officer Shaun Fuentes.

"I think we are playing better football under our coach now. We are passing the ball more and he is giving much more ideas to work with. It was a big downfall to draw that first game (in El Salvador). We collapsed and came out 2-2, but for this game hopefully the whole country can be behind us. I know the guys are up for it and looking forward to proving a point," Noel added.

In other news, Sunderland and T&T midfielder Carlos Edwards was back in action yesterday in Amsterdam following a nasty head injury on Thursday.

Edwards came through the full session after having five stitches inserted into a head wound during Thursday's 2-0 defeat to Benfica.

The winger came off worst in a clash with an opponent while battling for the ball in front of the dugouts and was substituted after only 26 minutes.

But he showed no ill-effects in training as the squad split into two groups as part of preparations for today's clash with Atletico Madrid.

And T&T forward Kenwyne Jones is back in pre-season training after overcoming a groin injury.

The 24-year-old made his return as the Black Cats step up their preparations for the Amsterdam tournament. He had missed the friendlies against Darlington and Portimonense as a result of his injury.

Jones, who had been working his way back to fitness by training with the club's medical staff in the Algarve, insists he is fully fit as he bids to lead the Sunderland scoring charts again this season.

And fans wishing to attend the match against El Salvador can now book their tickets via; www.ttffonline.com or 800-fans between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday to Friday.

For fans residing in North America, Traffic Sports USA and Integrated Sports have announced distribution for next month's crucial game live at 7.30 p.m. ET/4.30 p.m. PT on cable and satellite pay-per-view via iN Demand, DirecTV, Dish Network and TVN in the United States, as well as Viewer's Choice, Shaw PPV, Star Choice and Bell TV in Canada, for a suggested retail price of US$24.95.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 10:13:25 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy calls Lyndon Andrews to train with national team.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 10:23:23 PM »
Hope we get another friendly before El Salvador even though that seems very unlikely... don't see why dudes please with a 3-2 win over St Kitts/nevis

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 10:28:34 PM »
between Tiger and Chubby who you go pick.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 10:42:06 PM by royal »

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 10:34:53 PM »
Hope we get another friendly before El Salvador even though that seems very unlikely... don't see why dudes please with a 3-2 win over St Kitts/nevis

I thought Jack take Hunt money and run Venezuela?

has that been cancelled ?

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 10:37:55 PM »

I thought Jack take Hunt money and run Venezuela?

has that been cancelled ?

My bad didn't know we had a possible friendly against Venezuela? missed that one hope it happens...

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 10:44:21 PM »
They both old Tiger 30 and Andrews 32 i rather see Hyland, Birchall and Daniel fight for that midfield but to answer your question if Tiger could play like this then i rather him...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1N1XUGzMOU
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 10:48:48 PM by Trinidogg »

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009, 11:03:34 PM »
Chubby is ah boss...I would bring him in for Yorke in the 75th minute

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2009, 11:56:26 PM »
how allyuh does come up with these subsititutions and the timing of it? this is not fifa on xbox 360.

to answer the other question tiger or chubby, the answer is none of them, latas grasping at straws right now.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 12:16:40 AM »
They both old Tiger 30 and Andrews 32 i rather see Hyland, Birchall and Daniel fight for that midfield but to answer your question if Tiger could play like this then i rather him...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1N1XUGzMOU

it would be sad if hyland cannot get into the squad ...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2009, 01:47:45 AM »

So Theobald benching then?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2009, 03:07:41 AM »

A boss of what??..please educate me

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2009, 03:40:16 AM »

it would be sad if hyland cannot get into the squad ...
Hyland alone?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2009, 06:33:41 AM »
oi..its a local training squad.... where is Hyland ??...relax
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2009, 07:24:28 AM »
At this point in time we need a plan B, forget blooding youths until we know our status to SA.

There is no way Fitzpatrick is better than Lyndon Andrews technically. Beside 2 different types of players.

We have 3 weeks....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2009, 07:54:26 AM »
And still no Sancho.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2009, 07:58:51 AM »

wey yorke playing to start ... oh i guess he keeping fit
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2009, 08:19:10 AM »
Cubby.... look like is a last lap squad yes...

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2009, 08:55:16 AM »
I thought this was a joke yes.
No disrespect to Chubby.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2009, 09:39:55 AM »
You have to be f  a   c  king joking me this hour of the day. This is where we reach? The next player on the list to get callup is Hardest and then Dwarika.

Men endorsing this kind of assinine move by the coach. Get serious people.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2009, 09:50:21 AM »
Latas make the move so nothing wrong with it, if maturana had made the same move ppl on dis board would be calling for his head.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2009, 09:51:42 AM »
Yah see daiz why anyway,. We know this guy not making the team ,so why Latas bring him to train with the team ? What does this guy have to offer the rest of the fellars ?Does he have some veteran savvy, poise ,or does  he lift the team morale with jokes to lighten the mood .What advice can he impart on the young guys ?
but what do I know.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2009, 09:51:49 AM »
how allyuh does come up with these subsititutions and the timing of it? this is not fifa on xbox 360.

to answer the other question tiger or chubby, the answer is none of them, latas grasping at straws right now.

fellas I would'nt choose any of them neither but I and we are not the coach.Ah see latas ask Chubby to join the squad and I was just wondering if he going that route would I have choosen Chubby infront of Tiger.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2009, 10:21:10 AM »
You have to be f  a   c  king joking me this hour of the day. This is where we reach? The next player on the list to get callup is Hardest and then Dwarika.

Men endorsing this kind of assinine move by the coach. Get serious people.
Dwarika has actually been doing well with Petrotrin.  ;D

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2009, 10:40:55 AM »
oh and ppl always say older players should give back more to the youths .....well anybody ever think ,thats what chubby trying to do .Hardest and Dwarika could do to ,but could you imagine the uproar ,if latas say he bringing tham een  to train with the team !!!
So how could these individual old stars help ,should latas hire all as asst. coaches ? Or should he bring them een to work with the kids in local  training sessions ?We should be thanking the guys for trying to help ,all hands on deck ,for the trip to SA.
Getting to the young guys if the team is totally young ,which vets would be there to give them pointers and tips ?
PPL should wait till the final roster comes out to criticize a coach ,ppl coming een to precamp ,is nothing.Its all preparation.

They is a term ,to prevent all this hoopla you know I believe ,its a non roster invitee , or non guaranteed invite.Once Shawn Fuentes just say a player get invited it opens the door for criticism .  Cause it creates speculation that this player might make the team,and even doh all these guys are so competitive that am sure they hope they could  make final team sheet ,they already know that they have like a 5% shot.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 11:06:25 AM by Quagmire »

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2009, 11:26:49 AM »
oh and ppl always say older players should give back more to the youths .....well anybody ever think ,thats what chubby trying to do .Hardest and Dwarika could do to ,but could you imagine the uproar ,if latas say he bringing tham een  to train with the team !!!
So how could these individual old stars help ,should latas hire all as asst. coaches ? Or should he bring them een to work with the kids in local  training sessions ?We should be thanking the guys for trying to help ,all hands on deck ,for the trip to SA.

Getting to the young guys if the team is totally young ,which vets would be there to give them pointers and tips ?
PPL should wait till the final roster comes out to criticize a coach ,ppl coming een to precamp ,is nothing.Its all preparation.

They is a term ,to prevent all this hoopla you know I believe ,its a non roster invitee , or non guaranteed invite.Once Shawn Fuentes just say a player get invited it opens the door for criticism .  Cause it creates speculation that this player might make the team,and even doh all these guys are so competitive that am sure they hope they could  make final team sheet ,they already know that they have like a 5% shot.

That all well and good.  But if this is is what Latas thinking about going into camp.  We in trouble.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2009, 11:28:47 AM »
why is that ? ,most of these guys wont even play when the overseas men get back.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2009, 11:35:29 AM »
why is that ? ,most of these guys wont even play when the overseas men get back.

Quag seriously at this point he can't be doing that kind of wishful guess work.  He ain't bring back Lyndon to blood youths.  Come on.  The man dey because he might play.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2009, 12:05:05 PM »
Well wha ah go say preach ,Then the only reason he bring him is hes better than the current guy ,if that the cause and there is no time left to blood youths ,stick with the vets .

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2009, 12:47:15 PM »
Well wha ah go say preach ,Then the only reason he bring him is hes better than the current guy ,if that the cause and there is no time left to blood youths ,stick with the vets .

Right?  We game have bigger issue.  Cause seriously this campaign try equal amounts of youth and old players.  Nobody getting the job done.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2009, 12:49:03 PM »
There was a time when I was impressed with Chubby's potential, but he never seemed to improve and develop as his potential had at one time suggested...surprised to hear that he still on the radar....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

1]; } ?>