June 08, 2024, 06:15:49 AM

Author Topic: Its time to stop indulging Kenwyne Jones  (Read 8170 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Its time to stop indulging Kenwyne Jones
« on: September 07, 2009, 08:10:20 PM »
As a big Kenwyne fan, I never thought I woulda catch myself writing this.

But the buck stops here. Enough is enough and lewwe stop with the excuses.

It is high time Kenwyne Jones gets dropped.

I'm tired of saying that his continued failure is a by-product of lack of service from the midfield. Tired of saying the reason while he not 'putting his head in where it hurts' is because he timid coming off injury. Tired of saying that he needs the ball being crossed into him from the wings to be effective. Tired of saying we need to give him more games to get back his confidence. Is how much games he eh score yet?

Its now clear as day. Within this current team, the personnel we have and the tactics we are using, KJ is not effective. He is a square peg in a round hole. He is only in this team based on his name.

I'm actually worried about whether he will ever score for us again.

Not only is he not scoring, but he not even up there in the sauce. Not getting chances, not looking dangerous.. He even have some lil spanish midget outjumping him for headers when he supposed to be scaring the living daylights out of them.

We have nobody to cross high balls for him like EPL or hoof it to him like at Sunderland?? Well hear what lewwe go with a striker who don't need dem high balls.. A striker who could actually beat his man or make something happen with the ball on the floor. Another one to complement Cornell Glenn.

A forward's main job is to score goals, but right now KJ looking like the man who really deserve the title of half slab. He not cutting it! Man actually making me miss Stern.

PS: Allyuh see what Rooney say about Capello this week? He said is the first coach he play for where he know if he don't do the job he could get drop next match and because of that he know he have to give his all. That is what KJ need, a fire to light under he ass..

Drop KJ!

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Its time to stop indulging Kenwyne Jones
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 08:16:49 PM »
if you dropping KJ to be fair go and drop the whole midfield cause dey aint doing their job either... for the record i don't mind seeing him bench just think alot of players on our squad need fire under dey ass....
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 08:33:12 PM by Trinidogg »

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 08:18:16 PM »
I agree..although I don't think the service he gets is that much worse tahn what he gets at Sunlun...is just he doesn't seem to apply himself properly for international ball..

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 08:19:20 PM »
hear nah dinho, i agree 100%.
i fed up hear how KJ not scorin because he doh get d service from d middle, but in dese past games in d hex, KJ got many chances where he cuda BURY d ball in d net, but jus end up shittin down heself instead. i am really tired of his non performance an he deserves to sit out dese last three games. let him go back to sunderland where it obvious he prefers to be rite now.

Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 08:21:56 PM »
some of us known this for a while now Jaggy,Roberts,Samuel orTinto up front. with Glen.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 08:29:08 PM by Quagmire »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 08:33:41 PM »
Do we have his stats from last game ?

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 08:36:30 PM »
some of us known this for a while now Jaggy,Roberts,Samuel orTinto up front. with Glen.

That's worth a shot.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 08:38:35 PM »
But yah know what ,we"ve being losing for years no biggie. Why we doh trust we own ppl ,and always thinking we getting screwed . This is latas  and kenwyne we talking about, true warriors forever , the hex almost over anyways... we out, lewwe just chill and watch this unfold nah .
Viva

Beastie boys baby.

Talking to much eint always good .
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 08:41:33 PM by Quagmire »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 08:55:33 PM »
I find de man showed rel hustle in the game!  Allyuh eh see how fast he get de ball back to the centre spot after we had score?!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009, 08:56:59 PM »
I'm inclined to agree generally with your sentiments, Dinho
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Small Change

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2009, 08:59:18 PM »
He is INEFFECTIVE!! No shots on goal! No taking on defenders! No threat posed!!! He is just a waste of time on the field as a Striker. I say give Scotland a chance! Get Roberts back in the mix and get those Under 20 Strikers in the mix. KJ is a waste. Give Hector a shot! Give these guys a shot!!! He last goal for TnT was one against a poor Cuba side! I agree!!! Drop him!!!!!!!!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2009, 09:00:57 PM »
I have never had much to say about KJ, because, as the saying goes "if yuh eh have nutting good to say....blah, blah, blah....".....come to think of it, what little I HAVE had to say, wasn't good, either.  I really think he is overrated and underachieving, for club AND country.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2009, 09:06:41 PM »
yeah, he has not had as much production as I would have liked...............maybe a match on the bench might stir the rest of the team.................desperate times call for desperate measures....then bench kerry also as he scored...then Ince as he was NOT mom for three matches in a row, then while ya at it..........blah blah blah

I find de man showed rel hustle in the game!  Allyuh eh see how fast he get de ball back to the centre spot after we had score?!
:devil:
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 09:19:02 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Father Abraham

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2009, 09:20:43 PM »
i saying that the man not any good long time, he not a striker and his instincts and skill(lack of) show that.

why am i still on this site, wasting my time writing about the soca girls. the team just not good enough, the level of trinidad soccer is so low and the admistration kills it off.

well well the under 20 in the world cup thanks to uncle jack, looking to see the set of licks they getting soon.

i am naturally a positive person but i have lost all hope with trini soccer, the level so low and it just not getting any better.

we as a nation need to start from scratch and develop a new breed of players, mentality to begin with, tactically then physically.

the attitude of the nation reflects in th soccer team, this is a shame, sorry for who offended by this statement but it is the truth, one day trinidad u all will overcome.

latapy not ready as a coach, i hope u all who wanted latapy as the coach real happy. he is inexperienced and not up to par with world football, yes is the palyers who play but it is the coach to have them ready.

jack you have done alot for football in trini, u have done alot of wrong too, i wonder when jack steps aside what will become of trini soccer in terms of the financial resources needed for the developmment of the game.

wow i ave so digressed form talking about kenwyn jones, well he is nothing to talk about that is why. it is ashamed he has a name in england that he gets an automatic pick for this team.

steupps, this may be my last post forever on this site, soccer i trini is dead and i hope it gets life in the future.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2009, 09:21:42 PM »
If u don't learn from history u will repeat it. We said d exact same ting bout Dwight.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2009, 09:33:50 PM »
If u don't learn from history u will repeat it. We said d exact same ting bout Dwight.

Weary girl, I think the criticism of Dwight was a little bit slightly different.  I think people felt he underachieved or didn't play his best for country while saving it all for club but his accomplishments and abilities were without question from the onset.  He was a goalscoring machine at Aston Villa and a marquee and accomplished player with manu.  KJ is really not doing much for club OR country and I think people are getting a little tired of waiting to see him develop into something big.  I am a firm believer that if a man is good enough to play abroad for  and be a pivotal player for a "big" team, then when he lines up for our national team, there should be no question when we are watching the team, that he is one of the best players on the field.  Unfortunately, KJ doesn't leave you with that feeling at the end of our games.  Peace, Babes.  :beermug: 

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2009, 09:39:12 PM »
MC, leh meh suggest something
if the rumours about KJ are true about the TTFF not having medical insurance when he was injured, maybe that is a point for us to consider..........he has scored two for his club this 09/10 season
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2009, 09:43:57 PM »
funny how the couple s'land fans on the forum sayin 16 million pounds is an insult to the man...carlos gone with 1.5...cool beans.  ting to make yuh go hmmmm...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2009, 09:46:14 PM »

Weary girl, I think the criticism of Dwight was a little bit slightly different.  I think people felt he underachieved or didn't play his best for country while saving it all for club but his accomplishments and abilities were without question from the onset.  He was a goalscoring machine at Aston Villa and a marquee and accomplished player with manu.  KJ is really not doing much for club OR country and I think people are getting a little tired of waiting to see him develop into something big.  I am a firm believer that if a man is good enough to play abroad for  and be a pivotal player for a "big" team, then when he lines up for our national team, there should be no question when we are watching the team, that he is one of the best players on the field.  Unfortunately, KJ doesn't leave you with that feeling at the end of our games.  Peace, Babes.  :beermug: 

Dwight is was and always b a betta player than KJ. He left a forward remain a forward. Aston Villa was not strugling to stay in d Prmiership. KJ had 2 reinvent himself in d UK. Sunderland struggling so in dat environment he cyah shine. When he come home iz another sad story wit dat midfield. D midfield doh help out in defence and it eh srrvin d forwards.

I mayb naive but will neva blieve dat dem fellas eh tryin. Dey have 2 like pain 2 leave dey club travel across d Atlantic to waste time. Dey club vex dey come they reachin back d UK Fri and have a game Sat. So dey went through all dat 2 go Zen?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2009, 09:48:49 PM »
if the rumours about KJ are true about the TTFF not having medical insurance when he was injured, maybe that is a point for us to consider..........he has scored two for his club this 09/10 season

WC, yuh know I eh no advocate for ttff in any way, but at the end of the day, if they don't have any medical insurance fuh he, then they probably doh have it for anybody else, too.  Without trying to address a national team's obligations to medically cover contracted players (I doh know how that is structured, but I am willing to bet that Sunderland don't have to release him for international games if ttff can't provide a "public option" for him) but other players are playing under the same conditions, too.  Other players who hustling, winning tackles, not getting easily pushed off the ball and scoring a goal or two as well.  

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2009, 09:52:43 PM »
I totally agree wid u Dinho. In d past i always called him out and in d last few days i did again. Cuz i do not appreciate his effort on d pitch. I think that is b cuz he do not want 2 risk going back to his club injured and he is so damn cocky dat he think he could just coast on d field, like if he was at Brian Lara's carnival fete. Well guess what at home with his family or on d bench, he cud coast, chill and he cah get injured. Fuh now I love d Stern and Glen scene. Cuz Stern does a wonderful job of holding up d ball which he can den utilise Glen's speed by sending the ball 4 him 2 run at. Well I think meh boi still injured so ah doh know who else in d team that cud hold d ball up like Stern. D only person dat come 2 mind is d magician. I say saddle up on Wednesday yes Latapy and take it tuh d yankies and dem. U cud be 40 or 50 yrs we desperate and only gain and cah loose ah damn thing. Cuz we already in ah big hole. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2009, 09:53:50 PM »

WC, yuh know I eh no advocate for ttff in any way, but at the end of the day, if they don't have any medical insurance fuh he, then they probably doh have it for anybody else, too.  Without trying to address a national team's obligations to medically cover contracted players (I doh know how that is structured, but I am willing to bet that Sunderland don't have to release him for international games if ttff can't provide a "public option" for him) but other players are playing under the same conditions, too.  Other players who hustling, winning tackles, not getting easily pushed off the ball and scoring a goal or two as well.  

D public option is POSGH. Dat might just b d problem. Dat fella just came off injury to play 4 we v Cuba and score. He did not need 2 come in fact I felt he should not have come,

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2009, 09:56:02 PM »
like man want the man run through teams like messi,he cant even get ah proper corner or cross the midfield is just as bad as the defence,low the man him and latas.....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2009, 09:59:15 PM »
like man want the man run through teams like messi,he cant even get ah proper corner or cross the midfield is just as bad as the defence,low the man him and latas.....

It worked so well 4 Messi sat nite just as well 4 KJ.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2009, 10:11:05 PM »
is this an attack on the fella? o just a cry out for him to play better? Because all fairness man show's hustle in his games. Fine he not scoring put him on the bench for a while but dang stop attacking d man please KJ is a good player who sweating his ass off to represent his country am sure he is bothered more than you bout his goal record for the national team right now.

Offline mouie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2009, 10:17:03 PM »
No keep playing Kenwin.Is Kenwin who needs to start playing.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2009, 10:22:10 PM »

Yeah ya right, all playing under the same circumstances, what ever those circumstances may be....as I dont personally know. ;)

so what says you about the two fellas who had scored for us but did not get ah sweat since
kerry go get bounce just like dem
and then they bring on the andrews fella...where he from :devil: nobody had him on their radar....is only Latas
This TTFF makes very confusing selections.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 10:37:57 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2009, 10:31:05 PM »

so what says you about the two fellas who had scored for us but did not get ah sweat since
kerry go get bounce just like dem
This TTFF makes very confusing selections.

That 1 is Latas u c Jai I complain bout Latas. Is only Samuel who eh get a sweat again. Dat fella bad lucky.   

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2009, 10:37:39 PM »
We had similar discussions here and here

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2009, 10:58:10 PM »
well lets hope he score soon so he could get drop.. :devil:.man callin for all kinda men on d natnl team...but d fact is...dese men not consistent...so wen dem playin shit...who yall goin n ask for again...KJ??

steupps...same ting with Stern....men call for him 2 get d axe but when we not scoring...Stern..come back!!... ::)

1]; } ?>