May 22, 2024, 08:05:57 PM

Author Topic: Keane: I have no respect for Dwight Yorke  (Read 6459 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Keane: I have no respect for Dwight Yorke
« on: October 02, 2009, 05:45:29 AM »
By Carl Marston (Green'Un24)

IPSWICH Town boss Roy Keane has hit out at Dwight Yorke for the Trinidad & Tobago star's criticism of him in his autobiography.

“That must be Yorkey's second or third book. He must be stuck for a few bob!” quipped Keane.

“I don't agree with his criticism of my style of management (when the boss at Sunderland).

“I take on board those comments from people I respect, but I don't have any respect for him.

“He was quick to sign a new deal at Sunderland. He should put that in his book!” added Keane.

Town travel to Barnsley tomorrow, still looking for their first victory of the season to lift themselves off the bottom of the table.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
Re: Keane: I have no respect for Dwight Yorke
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 05:47:16 AM »
Lose all your games now. Oops Carlos there with them DAMN.

Ok go ahead get the wins. >:(
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 06:20:34 AM »

Not sure why Carlos fell for that move to Ipswich after working with Keane at Sunderland.

Maybe he is a glutton for abuse & punishment or maybe he thought he was choosing the lesser of two evils in deciding to work with Keane rather than with Bruce!

At any rate our future SW captain has a lot on his shoulders to carry this season and it will be interesting to see if he could make a big impact at Ipswich and help them move off from the bottom of their league table as a former BIG premiership club.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 06:22:05 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 06:35:35 AM »
Because Keane is a proven winner and he was going to ride pine at Sunderland. Yorke really do nonsense with this book...I doh think he that starved for money.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 06:36:29 AM »

Not sure why Carlos fell for that move to Ipswich after working with Keane at Sunderland.

Maybe he is a glutton for abuse & punishment or maybe he thought he was choosing the lesser of two evils in deciding to work with Keane rather than with Bruce!

At any rate our future SW captain has a lot on his shoulders to carry this season and it will be interesting to see if he could make a big impact at Ipswich and help them move off from the bottom of their league table as a former BIG premiership club.

Bruce is ah ass but Keane is a C$nt.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 07:03:04 AM »

And Yorke is ah bigger asshole. Keane give him a lifeline in his career, Yorke should have nothing but good things to say about Keane.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 07:37:30 AM »
Yorke look fuh dat.

He rell bounce he head when he decided to write that book.

If he's looking to get into management, this PR fiasco is not going to help his cause.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 07:38:33 AM »
Carlos signed with Ipswich cause they were giving him the best deal.  Guaranteed playing time and the longest deal.

He told me that its a two year deal with a clause in the contract that kicks in a third year once he plays at least 19 games in the second season.  It was the best deal for him and his family.

When i asked him about the "keane factor" he said that he has worked with ROy before and he knows how to handle him.

ah love it!!

nb: Keane shouldnt talk about books, cause he once admitted in his book that he tried to break a players leg
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 09:31:45 AM »
ouch!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 09:33:19 AM »
Keane & Yorke seem to have a love-hate relationship.  The hate side of it seems to be prevalent at present...It'll pass.

Love Yorkey as a footballer, but everything outside of that seems to scream jokey man for some reason
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 09:41:52 AM »
I expected Keane to try to defend himself, cause i think everybody who read yorkie comments can believe what he said to be true. nor do i have any problem with yorkie for this because he trying to sell his book, none wrong with that who wanna buy a boring book ??? i had fun reading on how Roy Keane hit the board with a karate kick and tap up Whitehead...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 09:42:03 AM »
Because Keane is a proven winner and he was going to ride pine at Sunderland. Yorke really do nonsense with this book...I doh think he that starved for money.

"proven winner" you say?  What has he won?

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 09:59:46 AM »
Keane & Yorke seem to have a love-hate relationship.  The hate side of it seems to be prevalent at present...It'll pass.

Love Yorkey as a footballer, but everything outside of that seems to scream jokey man for some reason

young, famous and rich, hard to keep your ego in check, real talk

I think he was referring to his days as a player

Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2009, 10:08:40 AM »

young, famous and rich, hard to keep your ego in check, real talk

I think he was referring to his days as a player

Keane also lead Sunderland to the Championship Title that first season...
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2009, 10:09:47 AM »
I expected Keane to try to defend himself, cause i think everybody who read yorkie comments can believe what he said to be true. nor do i have any problem with yorkie for this because he trying to sell his book, none wrong with that who wanna buy a boring book ??? i had fun reading on how Roy Keane hit the board with a karate kick and tap up Whitehead...

de best part is dat he ask de assistant where de tactics board first... ask him to set it up...

... and den run at hit de board a flying kick  :rotfl:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2009, 10:11:29 AM »

IPSWICH Town boss Roy Keane has hit out at Dwight Yorke for the Trinidad & Tobago star's criticism of him in his autobiography.

“That must be Yorkey's second or third book. He must be stuck for a few bob!” quipped Keane.

“I don't agree with his criticism of my style of management (when the boss at Sunderland).

“I take on board those comments from people I respect, but I don't have any respect for him.

“He was quick to sign a new deal at Sunderland. He should put that in his book!” added Keane.

Town travel to Barnsley tomorrow, still looking for their first victory of the season to lift themselves off the bottom of the table.

First it was Jack Warner!

Now it is Dwight Yorke!

Next it could be Carlos Edwards if he doesn't perform miracles at Ipswich for Keane!

Allyuh see a common pattern yet?!  8)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2009, 10:23:37 AM »

First it was Jack Warner!

Now it is Dwight Yorke!

Next it could be Carlos Edwards if he doesn't perform miracles at Ipswich for Keane!

Allyuh see a common pattern yet?!  8)

NOOOOOOOOOO What he eh Trinbagonians or black peeps. What he say bout JW/DY dat eh right.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2009, 10:24:29 AM »
Keane is an asshole.. that much is for certain.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2009, 10:25:12 AM »
i guess there is really only one Keano

keane is what we call in tnt " ah f#ck up man"...maybe he will calm down in later yrs...but i have to defend my skipper ....so fack off roy... and i shake de man hand already
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2009, 11:12:15 AM »
I don't think Keane has a forgiving nature. 

I personally think it probably stems from him going a out on a bit of a limb for DW for another contract, which nothing has been said but some sort of deal was worked out.  I know the owners weren't particularly keen given his age.  He then had him unretiring from international football and the text message off him asking / telling him to stay over (can't remember which it was tbh). 

Top and bottom of it is Keane probably thinks DW took the piss and let him down.  Given Keanes nature not surprised by the comment, but given one of your own not surprised by some of the comments here aswell. 

He must be short of money because what he is doing at the minute is crass or classless depending on your view.  Personally can never understand why people do it, but the more you have the more you want seemingly.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2009, 11:29:06 AM »

"Even a broken clock is right twice a day..."

ManU achievements hardly count as he didn't "win" on his own.

Sunderland got promoted to the Premiership and then what?  Keane failed miserably.  His most telling victories was in the war of the press... which he was never shy about employing to his advantage.  He imploded as captain of the Irish National team... publicly disrespected his then manager Mick McCarthy.  He's never been one for discretion... so he's hardly the one to be complaining now. 

Yorke may not be right about what he did, but Keane's a c**t... plain and simple.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2009, 11:35:34 AM »
I don't think Keane has a forgiving nature. 

I personally think it probably stems from him going a out on a bit of a limb for DW for another contract, which nothing has been said but some sort of deal was worked out.  I know the owners weren't particularly keen given his age.  He then had him unretiring from international football and the text message off him asking / telling him to stay over (can't remember which it was tbh). 

Top and bottom of it is Keane probably thinks DW took the piss and let him down.  Given Keanes nature not surprised by the comment, but given one of your own not surprised by some of the comments here aswell. 

He must be short of money because what he is doing at the minute is crass or classless depending on your view.  Personally can never understand why people do it, but the more you have the more you want seemingly.

kinda differ with you on the slant of that...

yes yorke got a new contract but wasn't it with assurances regarding playing time? keane wanted the man to stay in Sunderland for games he was not even included in the squad for, when yorke wanted to get games in with the national team..

nonetheless, all that doesn't really change the fact that Keane is more than a few cucumbers short of a salad..

there is nothing in Yorke's account that seems far fetched from the truth, and it doesnt even seem that keane is trying to refute..

also, alot of what yorke says about keane's management style just confirms what has already been offered right here on this forum from posters who don't even know what goes on behind the scenes but can read the signs.. Doesn't seem like Keane is management material.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2009, 12:06:58 PM »
Dwight on TV now on a talk show (Ian Wright hosting, Channel 5) mashin up Jordan again. Keano is probably next  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Clip might show up here eventually:

http://www.five.tv/programmes/daytime/live-from-studio-five?filter=Clips
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 12:10:21 PM by Ryan »

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2009, 12:34:49 PM »

No one in a team sport can win on their own. Successful managers needed not only good players, but a good support staff as well. Good individual players need other good players and a good manager. Keane was a major contributor in Man U's success, even if he didn't do it on "his own".

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2009, 01:56:27 PM »

And Yorke is ah bigger asshole. Keane give him a lifeline in his career, Yorke should have nothing but good things to say about Keane.

Agreed. I wonder what the hell Yorke wsa stupid enough to write in that book.
Hart for president

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2009, 01:58:59 PM »

Sunderland got promoted to the Premiership and then what?  Keane failed miserably.  His most telling victories was in the war of the press... which he was never shy about employing to his advantage.  He imploded as captain of the Irish National team... publicly disrespected his then manager Mick McCarthy.  He's never been one for discretion... so he's hardly the one to be complaining now. 

Yorke may not be right about what he did, but Keane's a c**t... plain and simple.

Well in Keane's defense, he won the Championship title in less than his first full season as manager, after a miserable start.

And in the premier league he managed to keep them up, which was the club's main goal....
Hart for president

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2009, 02:14:50 PM »
F@#K ROY KEANE.   :bs:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2009, 02:25:25 PM »

Keane won the treble.. Yorke won the treble.. Giggs won the treble... and so on and so on.

thats generally how its etched in history.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2009, 02:32:53 PM »

Tell dem Sam, tell dem!.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2009, 09:19:39 PM »

Given the choice what yuh go push yuh "toe-tee" in? Ass or c$nt? Keane it is, oui!

1]; } ?>