June 08, 2024, 09:44:26 AM

Author Topic: Toffees 'to land Donovan'  (Read 23987 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Toffees 'to land Donovan'
« Reply #120 on: February 11, 2010, 02:21:40 PM »

Nah I don't want him to fail, just skeptical as many players in the EPL will be getting burnt out around this time. Why would you think he is not fit? He just finished his season and had enough rest to reinvigorate himself.

In his interview after the Arsenal game he said he was lacking some game fitness.  His first game against Arsenal was a little over a month after the MLS season finished.  If you're not consistently playing competitive matches for over a month, you will lose some match fitness.  He might be back to full fitness now (not sure how long it takes to get it back), but in his first game or so back he was lacking that match fitness (at least according to him that is)....

Reinvigorate himself? lol you serious? Come nah man ...Dis eh fete match football we talking about  ;D ...Fresh and fit iz two different things. 

These men does be super fit and sometimes to maintain that level of fitness players are encourage to take time of to not "hit the wall."   But if he said he not feeling fitness the no ne can argue with that.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 11, 2010, 03:40:41 PM »
big player...should stay in England...every game I've seen him play for Everton he's done extremely well and the games I've missed they say he's been awesome

Everton should buy him...I bet they extend his loan till May but he will look like a huge hypocrite after blasting Becks for doing the same with Milan

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 11, 2010, 04:08:57 PM »
Anybody criticizing Donovan here is just a hater.
OVer the last year the man has proven himself as quality. I rank him better than any Trini in the last decade other than Latas and Yorke.
His pace is real pressure. Plus he kicking with both feet and seems to have really good awareness.
He could fit in well on the right for AC Milan.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 11, 2010, 04:11:02 PM »
Wazza,
            I agree with you dey. I think he playing well enough to stay there. But he can have his cake and eat it also but using the Beckham principles. It very easy to swallow your pride these days. Actually it was always easy. Money talks. Always!!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 11, 2010, 04:23:09 PM »
I hating. The man is a snake...
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 11, 2010, 04:45:55 PM »
big player...should stay in England...every game I've seen him play for Everton he's done extremely well and the games I've missed they say he's been awesome

Everton should buy him...I bet they extend his loan till May but he will look like a huge hypocrite after blasting Becks for doing the same with Milan

USA USA USA   :devil:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 11, 2010, 05:02:32 PM »

USA USA USA   :devil:

I dont hate USA players...I respect the top quality players in their squad... We should not hate on their players..what we should do is replicate their success by using their techniques that the USA federation implemented since 1989... they have a 20 year advantage on us and since then they have been to every world cup comfortably. We have better raw talent...they just have the "factory" to produce a better product

Just typing that shows us how shitty the TTFF really is yes

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 11, 2010, 05:21:40 PM »
We have better raw talent...

I'm still waiting to hear exactly how people come up with this notion...How raw we torkin' bout?  Because from what I remember youth teams from the U.S. spanking T&T youth teams from way way way back when, from U-16 all the way up....

I think in terms of raw athletic/sporting talent, the U.S. is probably 2nd to none....unfortunately for them (as far as football goes), alot of that raw talent gets channeled into their more high-profile sports from a very young age....   
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 11, 2010, 07:33:08 PM »

I'm still waiting to hear exactly how people come up with this notion...How raw we torkin' bout?  Because from what I remember youth teams from the U.S. spanking T&T youth teams from way way way back when, from U-16 all the way up....

I think in terms of raw athletic/sporting talent, the U.S. is probably 2nd to none....unfortunately for them (as far as football goes), alot of that raw talent gets channeled into their more high-profile sports from a very young age....   
:rotfl: :rotfl:  Kicker you go kill meh.  Dem talkin about real raw.  Not organized team raw.  Rawer than that, like sunday evening sweat raw.  RAW RAW talent.  In that case they are right because I have to search real hard for a road sweat in the US.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 11, 2010, 07:56:35 PM »
Donovan wukkin  ;D ;D :devil: :devil:

Ashley Cole out for 3 months

Ankle fracture rules Ashley Cole out for three months
Ashley Cole
Cole limped off after sustaining the injury at Goodison Park

Chelsea will be without Ashley Cole for around three months after the England defender fractured his left ankle in Wednesday's 2-1 defeat by Everton.

The 29-year-old left-back limped off in the second half after a challenge by Everton's Landon Donovan

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 11, 2010, 08:09:40 PM »
:rotfl: :rotfl:  Kicker you go kill meh.  Dem talkin about real raw.  Not organized team raw.  Rawer than that, like sunday evening sweat raw.  RAW RAW talent.  In that case they are right because I have to search real hard for a road sweat in the US.

lol yeah I know they talking about raw raw raw, "small goal sweat, drink some beers, eat a food and hit a man a spanner" raw.... (which is why I made reference to the youth teams)....but I just dunno how yuh assess (and compare) raw on the level that they're talking about, and I dunno what that level of rawness has to do with real football... plenty of de raw talent we like tuh "boast" bout iz real shittongs when it come to any kinda meaningful football- and iz no guarantee they woulda been anything special if that rawness was ever developed properly from early... The way we like to extrapolate our love for flair at the grassroots level of meaningless football,  into some kinda world class footballing potential that other countries like the U.S. don't also have is a kinda naive and useless romanticism that only implies that we are a society of amateurs who dunno what we doing, and dunno what we talking about

That's why plenty of us will forever rank Donovan as a sh*ttong when he could run circles around plenty of our "raw" talent without barely breaking a sweat ...

:beermug:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 11:07:49 AM by kicker »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 11, 2010, 08:40:02 PM »
....but I just dunno how yuh assess raw on the level that they're talking about.   :beermug:

Same way you does assess a duck before you wring he neck and curry it.  :drool:

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 11, 2010, 09:25:48 PM »
....but I just dunno how yuh assess raw on the level that they're talking about.   :beermug:

allya is real assess's oui :devil: :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 11, 2010, 10:12:51 PM »

lol  :D

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 12, 2010, 09:16:17 AM »
I hating. The man is a snake...

Thank you

ah Rank Shithong!!   :devil:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #135 on: February 12, 2010, 10:00:59 AM »

You beat me to it. This raw talent thing come back up again yes. Every time I just shake my head.

They should have a raw talent world cup.
Players only eligible if they never played organized football.
 ::)

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 12, 2010, 11:13:32 AM »
Donovan's Everton gamble paying off

Landon Donovan made what could be considered one of the biggest gambles of his career earlier this winter, and it is paying off in a way few could have imagined.

Donovan’s big gamble wasn’t going to Everton on loan in order to take a fourth run at European soccer.

It wasn’t agreeing to a short-term loan move that would include matches against a murderer’s row of top English clubs.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 12, 2010, 11:37:04 AM »
Donovan wukkin  ;D ;D :devil: :devil:

Ashley Cole out for 3 months

Ankle fracture rules Ashley Cole out for three months
Ashley Cole
Cole limped off after sustaining the injury at Goodison Park

Chelsea will be without Ashley Cole for around three months after the England defender fractured his left ankle in Wednesday's 2-1 defeat by Everton.

The 29-year-old left-back limped off in the second half after a challenge by Everton's Landon Donovan

yes touches he wuking real good. is it me or is he prone for injuring players and i have never really heard bout him being out for no long period of time with any injury.
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 12, 2010, 11:57:22 AM »
yes touches he wuking real good. is it me or is he prone for injuring players and i have never really heard bout him being out for no long period of time with any injury.

Sure. Landon Donovan: Hard man.  ::)

There's a reason that no one is calling it a dirty tackle.

You can see it in this clip at around minute 9.

http://dailymotion.virgilio.it/video/xc6p3g_everton-v-chelsea_sport

In fact, I don't even think that Donovan touched Cole. The challenge looked more like foot against ball against foot.

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 18, 2010, 03:44:57 PM »
Donovan Lands Award

Landon Donovan has been named Everton's Player of the Month for January.

The on-loan midfielder was presented with his award by Blues legend, Graeme Sharp and Kitbag representative, Victoria Schofield at a lunch in Goodison's Dixie Dean Lounge on Thursday.

The 28-year-old received the accolade due to some fine performances since his arrival from MLS side LA Galaxy at the turn of the year.

(continue)
- Xavi

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 19, 2010, 04:52:08 AM »
 :yawning: :yawning: :yawning:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 19, 2010, 06:46:55 AM »
Anybody criticizing Donovan here is just a hater.
OVer the last year the man has proven himself as quality. I rank him better than any Trini in the last decade other than Latas and Yorke.
His pace is real pressure. Plus he kicking with both feet and seems to have really good awareness.
He could fit in well on the right for AC Milan.

They hate him because our current players in scotty and jones cyah see they way plus he's making quick strides in a league that could make yuh or break yuh.

The man is quality and he'll surpass any of our players to the top much faster,yuh see with donovan yuh get consistency but our players are consistently inconsistent........ 

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 19, 2010, 09:26:12 AM »

Sure. Landon Donovan: Hard man.  ::)

There's a reason that no one is calling it a dirty tackle.

You can see it in this clip at around minute 9.

http://dailymotion.virgilio.it/video/xc6p3g_everton-v-chelsea_sport

In fact, I don't even think that Donovan touched Cole. The challenge looked more like foot against ball against foot.

If anybody was committing a dirty tackle, it was Ashley Cole, not donovan. He delivered one o' dem typical, studs-showing, English tackles and break his typically brittle, English bone. Hard luck fuh We. Maybe hard luck fuh England......

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 20, 2010, 04:10:56 PM »
- Xavi

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 22, 2010, 07:52:05 AM »
Donovan Battled Illness, ManU

In the aftermath of a famous 3-1 win over holders Manchester United, Everton manager David Moyes revealed that U.S. star Landon Donovan played after a morning flu scare.

"I told him most of the players in England play with flu four or five times a year," said Moyes. "If you are from Los Angeles you probably don't know what flu is!"

(continue)
- Xavi

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 28, 2010, 07:59:21 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/8530339.stm

Seven minutes later, Everton substitute Donovan was guilty of one of the misses of the season.
Rodwell turned Sebastien Bassong on the left side of the penalty area and threaded a cross across goal that beat Gomes, leaving the on-loan American with the simplest of tap-ins at the back post but inexplicably he fluffed his effort into the side-netting.

ssssssnake!

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #146 on: February 28, 2010, 08:04:52 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/8530339.stm

Seven minutes later, Everton substitute Donovan was guilty of one of the misses of the season.
Rodwell turned Sebastien Bassong on the left side of the penalty area and threaded a cross across goal that beat Gomes, leaving the on-loan American with the simplest of tap-ins at the back post but inexplicably he fluffed his effort into the side-netting.

ssssssnake!

sssssso what?  ???

:devil:

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 28, 2010, 09:02:41 PM »
Donovan Battled Illness, ManU

In the aftermath of a famous 3-1 win over holders Manchester United, Everton manager David Moyes revealed that U.S. star Landon Donovan played after a morning flu scare.

Scare, not the flu, a flu scare.  I'm scared that I may have the flu but I still play.   ::) ::) Anyway I heard he's been shit in his past two matches.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 06, 2010, 07:00:03 AM »
Galaxy want Donovan back in March

Everton manager David Moyes's hopes of extending Landon Donovan's loan spell at Goodison Park appear to have been dashed by LA Galaxy coach Bruce Arena.

Moyes had hoped to keep Donovan beyond the end of his loan, saying: "I am keen to keep Landon and it sounds initially in America that they might say yes."

But Arena said: "We're not interested. Landon will be back here on 15 March, as we have said all along."

(continue)
- Xavi

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 07, 2010, 04:25:04 PM »
Donovan with goal and assist as Everton hammer Hull

Mikel Arteta’s double, his first Premier League goals for more than a year, fired Everton to an emphatic 5-1 victory over relegation-threatened Hull at Goodison Park.

Spanish midfielder Arteta, who has only just battled back from a long-term knee injury, claimed his first with a scorching volley before teenage Hull midfielder Tom Cairney equalised in style.

Everton striker Yakubu missed a first-half penalty but Arteta’s second, a Richard Garcia own goal and further strikes from Landon Donovan and Jack Rodwell ensured a comfortable three points for David Moyes’ side.

(continue)
- Xavi

1]; } ?>