May 28, 2024, 08:33:58 PM

Author Topic: Guerra suffers pay-cut for breach of contract.  (Read 6930 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Guerra suffers pay-cut for breach of contract.
« on: December 10, 2009, 07:07:23 PM »
Fenwick back on the job.
…Guerra suffers pay-cut for breach of contract.
By: Randi Bando (ttproleague).

San Juan Jabloteh Technical Director is stamping his return to the club with full force imposing a fifty-percent pay cut on midfielder Ataullah Guerra in December for breach of contract.

Guerra was spotted by the former England international playing in the Eddie Hart Football League for an unnamed club on Wednesday night.

“As a national player and as a professional I see it as total indiscipline,” said Fenwick. “And as a result, Ataullah will be fined 50% of his December salary.”

Fenwick who was reinstalled as TD of the club for the third time last month, following a disappointing title-less season under rookie stand-in coach Earl Jean further stated, “It’s unacceptable that players are not respecting their contracts, their clubs and the National Team effort.

“They ignore the professional way to run in the savannahs with no regards to such things as injuries.”

Fenwick was a spectator in Wednesday night’s FA Trophy Final between eventual winners Bmobile Joe Public and W Connection at the Marvin Lee Stadium, but left before the end.

“I couldn’t see Joe Public coming back after W Connection went 2-1 up with ten minutes to go. So I left the stadium and headed to the Eddie Hart Savannah,” Fenwick explained.

Joe Public went on to win the match 3-2 after extra time. 

Fenwick promised to pull Jabloteh back into the disciplined structure in which led the club to back to back League championships in 2007 and 2008 among other titles.

“I am back and I’m going to put the house back in order. Some of the things that happened under Earl Jean will not be happening again,” he said.

Fenwick continued, “I am aware that other players are playing in the minor leagues as well. And if they are stupid enough to continue, then they stand to risk harsher penalties, because I will be checking.”

Fenwick believes that all clubs must stand firm on breach of contracts.

He also applauded Caledonia AIA’s coach Jamal Shabaaz for taking action on Kerwin Jemmott and Keyon Edwards during the Big Six for breach of contracts—playing in minor leagues.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Guerra suffers pay-cut for breach of contract.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 07:12:23 PM »
If de Pro league was even a lil bit fan friendly, dem fellas wasn't goin to play in no nex local league.

I agree there should be sanctions for breach of contract, but there's also a larger issue at hand re: the Pro League's lack of marketing effectiveness.  That has to be addressed and soon or else these kinds of problems will continue to exist.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 07:32:20 PM »
I tell all yuh Guerra is d 21st C Hardest.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 07:40:54 PM »
I tell all yuh Guerra is d 21st C Hardest.
we could make up ah side of these fellas oui :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 07:44:40 PM »
If de Pro league was even a lil bit fan friendly, dem fellas wasn't goin to play in no nex local league.

I agree there should be sanctions for breach of contract, but there's also a larger issue at hand re: the Pro League's lack of marketing effectiveness.  That has to be addressed and soon or else these kinds of problems will continue to exist.

These problems exist cause of the indiscipline that is plaguing our society at all levels, if you CHOOSE to sign a professional contract, then you must understand the terms of that contract and I actually have no doubt that these gentlemen fully understand what they should not be doing. Yet they still do it, go figure.

Issues of marketing and fan support are irrelevant, its either you operate within the terms of your contract or face the penalties of your indescretions.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 12:23:07 AM »
Wuk 4 FPATT explain dem fellas dey contract. Just get a close shop agreement wit d Pro League plsss.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 06:58:40 AM »
Hardest back with Cali? Why they even bothering with the man still? Let he go and enjoy his sweat all over the place cause it too late for him to fulfil "potential".
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 07:11:51 AM »
Sad to say but these guys have no clue how to be professional.  Not to mention they are listening to the wrong people.  Stay away from minor league football, that is small glory.  If you want to make it in the game, there is no place for minor league football.....
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 07:24:16 AM »
the  ttff need to  step in and flex its muscles also  time to regulate these minor leagues infact fine them clubs also for having players under contract for other teams play for them
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 07:48:37 AM by Trini _2014 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 07:46:09 AM »
Footballers in Trinidad just plain not serious...dais y we does get lix all how.

Part of Trini culture is placin more enphasis on being a small time king as opposed to a world beater. Every now and again we does get a couple of guys who thinkin does go beyond local praise (yorke, lara, ames).

D sad ting is it does start from small...from d time a youth in primary school and he show a lil talent, is all kinda big school courtin him and he is a big boss in he area. Den at SSFL when men should be lookin to be honin dey skills in hope of makin it either locally as a pro or overseas in some capacity, men studyin to like deyself so when dey go to school after a game dey is big celebrities.

Den it does go on to d PFl..men prefer play deyself in eddie hart and arima league and all kinda minorleague so dey padnah go say how dey real get on and dey go drink two beer by d dial and b a big big player for d nite.

Face it ppl...trini football doomed...jack or no jack, fpatt or no fpatt, ttff or no ttff...when d players we claimin is d future of we football have dat kind attitude it have nuttin nobody could do

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2009, 08:47:51 AM »
the  ttff need to  step in and flex its muscles also  time to regulate these minor leagues infact fine them clubs also for having players under contract for other teams play for them

The TTFF has no say over the local leagues any more than the FA has say over the BPL, or USSF over MLS.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2009, 09:11:59 AM »
Didnt it have a ruling or something that allowed clubs to terminate the contracts of players that breached the rules in playing in minor leagues? And men was kicksin off and and saying how a man "get fired on a Hardest"?

Wha i find rel funny is dat Fenwick wasnt even supposed to be dey....de man leave thinking Joe Public couldnt come back and did.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2009, 10:02:57 AM »

The TTFF has no say over the local leagues any more than the FA has say over the BPL, or USSF over MLS.

Bakes, I eh too sure bout that nah....  TTFF could actually have a say IF they wanted.  They could prohibit players from playing in non-sanctioned TTFF leagues if they so desired......Then again that is politics.....
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2009, 11:02:19 AM »
“I couldn’t see Joe Public coming back after W Connection went 2-1 up with ten minutes to go. So I left the stadium and headed to the Eddie Hart Savannah,” Fenwick explained.

Translation: I hear Guerra was sweating in Eddie Hart and leave the game to make sure I ketch him.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2009, 11:47:04 AM »
i was home recently and dem eddie hart games have more people than dem pro games...granted it free but thats a shame. im very happy to hear Fenwick fine his ass. it the same thing Travis was talking about. these fellas have no clue how to be a professional.
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2009, 11:59:53 AM »
Bakes, I eh too sure bout that nah....  TTFF could actually have a say IF they wanted.  They could prohibit players from playing in non-sanctioned TTFF leagues if they so desired......Then again that is politics.....

Of course they could blacklist the players if the players play outside de "preferred" league... but how the TTFF go tell the clubs and them what to do?

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2009, 12:31:37 PM »

How many national coaches now or before use "their" time to visit these leagues for various reasons including scouting for talent ?

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2009, 01:59:50 PM »
He should be national team coach. What other coach in Trinidad and Tobago, that is actually competent, knows more about the pipelines and players than Fenwick
Hart for president

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2009, 02:40:12 PM »
He should be national team coach. What other coach in Trinidad and Tobago, that is actually competent, knows more about the pipelines and players than Fenwick

You think he know more about the "pipelines and players" back home dan Jamal Shabazz?

Or Stuart Charles?

Or even Anton Corneal?

Now maybe he does.  I really doh know.

But why would you make the assumption that he know more than anybody else local?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2009, 02:43:27 PM »

How many national coaches now or before use "their" time to visit these leagues for various reasons including scouting for talent ?

i dont think he went eddie hart to scout, he get ah tip off and went to ketch guerra in the act..

eddie hart league real nice, i real miss walking out the road on week nights and taking in the games by the sidelines..

but them men real good to risk their wuk playing on that surface under thirstness.. the field real uneven, plus is real pothole and timarie.. an injury just waiting to happen.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2009, 03:16:10 PM »
doh play yuh fitball
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2009, 03:29:13 PM »
Anytime you have a so called "name" for yourself playing local football, all kinda men does try to come get you to play and all kinda minor league fuh small money. When word gets out that these guys are playing everybody in the area does come out to see and they gain a rep from the people as big time players. Professional players and aspiring players should be disciplined enough not get caught up in those minor league games. One for the risk of injury and two you pick-up alot of bad habbits in those leagues, don't get me wrong the skill is there but the bad habbits are reflected on pitch and that's one of the reasons why our players can't make it very far on the international scene.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2009, 03:37:47 PM »
If them guys playing outside ball they should be reprimanded. I am all for it. But there must be a reason for Attullah to do that. He probably moonlighting. He has to be getting money to play. In the 70's, Singing Guns and Paramount were notorious or famous(whichever you like) for doing that. Archie and Dilly use to play there. Them gamblers and nightclub owners use to pay them under the table. As much as I admire people who do 2 jobs to make ends meet, this does not fall in that category. Atullah wrong for doing that.

That being said, Eddie Hart league has alway been and (I hope) will alway be there to satify the passion for football in East and Central St. George. If the PFL don't have a clue in organizing a pro-team in that area, too bad. Long live Eddie Hart football from Chelsea-St. Joseph. Attullah stop playing the arse!!!!!!!

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2009, 05:00:33 PM »
Wait, I am confused.

Mr. Guerra said that he wanted to be the best midfielder in the country. That was not too way back when. Let me see if I get this right. Mr. Guerra, you had a chance to prove that in the Concacaf Championship series and you did not. You had a chance to prove that to Latas, when he was looking for a midfielder to step up to the next level and you did not. So............now in your infinite lame brain wisdom...........you figure you would show your true colors in a minor league scrimmage. That is juvenile, except, that name belongs to a rapper from the USA, and he is one of the best, so you would have to settle for, delinquent.

Maybe someone could educate me on this, but, can Mr. Guerra read and write or does he need his mother or girlfriend to interpret his contract for him?. Is it appropriate for Mr. Guerra to blame Mr. Fenwick or anybody else for his misunderstanding of his professional contract or should he strap himself up with dynamite and blow everybody up including his family for his lack of education or understanding of his professional contract. After all, isn't that what Mr. Guerra is, a professional?. Did someone explain the contract to Mr. Guerra?. Does anybody know the answer to that question?. If so, please respond. If not, don't bother.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2009, 01:51:13 AM »
well....if the league pays better...and has more crowd support...why not?...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2009, 06:53:27 AM »

well then he should quit Jabloteh, and move to de minor league team.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2009, 08:34:32 AM »

well then he should quit Jabloteh, and move to de minor league team.

Im not saying he right to do that. its a breach of contract aand he lucky he wasn't fired. It is unprofessional and should not be condoned.

But their are many pro league players who take the casual 'sweat' ever so often in their hometowns. His thinking was probably along the lines of "well, season done....I get a offer to play in a game...ok"...without realising that people and other plays look up to and respect him, because he is one of the brightest talents in the country.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2009, 08:59:16 AM »
I thought the season was done.

but maybe I am wrong.

The man should be free to take a sweat if the season done.

If he break he foot that is he problem just void the contract and fine him.

If he missing PFL practice or game to play in eddie hart that is another issue but if season done and they not playing till next year what is the big deal.

You could talk bout professional this and that but everything have to be in context.

contract have to be realistic.

Just like any other work pay me when I on the clock.
and during season and off season rules should be fair and obvious.

How is this any different from Becks playing for AC Milan in the offseason when the galaxy league done.

What you do in the off season should be your own business.

Minor league football is a big part of the "TnT football professional setup".

Fenwick just want to impose his colonialistic English Mentality on a carribean nation.

If he want to be at that level of professionalism he should have brought along with his attitude, English fans to fill the stadium and english pounds to pay the players big money.

Have good minor league football is an important part of grassroots football suport in Tnt and if guerra want to play in the league like a jack ass and get break up that is he business!

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2009, 09:24:37 AM »
Any football outside of a club contract has to be authorized by the club.

Sometimes provisions are made for charity type exhibitions and of course loan deals
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2009, 12:37:03 PM »
I thought the season was done.

but maybe I am wrong.

The man should be free to take a sweat if the season done.

If he break he foot that is he problem just void the contract and fine him.

If he missing PFL practice or game to play in eddie hart that is another issue but if season done and they not playing till next year what is the big deal.

You could talk bout professional this and that but everything have to be in context.

contract have to be realistic.

Just like any other work pay me when I on the clock.
and during season and off season rules should be fair and obvious.

How is this any different from Becks playing for AC Milan in the offseason when the galaxy league done.

What you do in the off season should be your own business.

Minor league football is a big part of the "TnT football professional setup".

Fenwick just want to impose his colonialistic English Mentality on a carribean nation.

If he want to be at that level of professionalism he should have brought along with his attitude, English fans to fill the stadium and english pounds to pay the players big money.

Have good minor league football is an important part of grassroots football suport in Tnt and if guerra want to play in the league like a jack ass and get break up that is he business!

I not biting KND bait here.  Once again this is pure sarcasm, with an intent to evoke fiery discussion and cuss.

1]; } ?>