June 10, 2024, 01:10:33 AM

Author Topic: USA Nike Ad QUOTE: less than 20 years ago MICROSCOPIC ISLANDS laughed at us!!!  (Read 6933 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
NOW  we rank top 10. no matter how fRance looks down on us brazil doubts us  or England mocks us"

Fellas check this video in the link  they throwing  it back in we face boy .

DIRECT LINK TO THE VIDEO

http://www.nike.com/nikesoccer/dtom/video.htm

direct link to the soccer site
http://www.ussoccer.com/home/default3.sps?iType=8239
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
yep they are, notice wen he says it, its black fellas wearin red playin lol

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
ah like how he say at the end bout 'dis is our culture'....tryin anything tuh get the sport recognize by the greater American public.

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
yeh, i feel they go receive ah cut-ass in germany :whip:

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
slowly but surely the game is taking root here u know. i see alot of children of all races dressed in kits on a saturday morning when i running errands here in south cack.  it not as widespread as football, b/ball, baseball but it is growing. i wouldnt say is the culture of the place tho :D

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
it can never be there culture as long as they call it soccer  ;D

TrinInfinite

de US can haul dey ass and go and play american football, i dont ever want tuh see dem win ah world cup, it would b a travesty, boring football dey does play and worst of all dey buy deyself 2 de world cup and de top 10

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
boy, I want (after we get through the small business of qualifying of course ) ;D
for we to get draw in the same group as the US.
Yuh ent go have to tell Dwight and Stern and Latas and dem nuttin'.  Yuh go see blood in shoes.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
It doh work so...they is try to separate teams from the same conference. Europe only allowed 2 per group...and a side like brazil or argentina, once they get seeded, will get a group with a european, a african and probably concacaf or asia.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
Hoever, there is no doubting that the amercian game has come a long way in a short period of time.....I predict them getting to the semis in the WC
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
we suppose to want ball to spread in de states...forget NIKE and propaganda and marketing and all dat nonense. this is our game and we supposed to want it to dominate all other american sports. believe it or not...american football lovers get laughed at and treated like jokes by the greater american press. dey fighting for their spot and we supposed to support dat. real peongs in dis country...and not just immigrants. men from the US real educated too and love men like Yorke and Latapy. Dey generally like TnT as well...forget about them clown commentators and commercials...ball is ball and it hadda rise to the top anywhere it played. sweat is sweat....and the MLS means jobs...I want it to expand..de more teams the more jobs and maybe more opps for our boyz. Nuff trinis get a lil spell in de MLS...it nice for dat alone man

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Re: USA Nike Ad QUOTE: less than 20 years ago MICROSCOPIC ISLANDS laughed at u
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2005, 09:57:55 PM »
thanks for the correctoin spideybuff...so the only change from last time is that Asia have to play off for the 5th spot with a Concacaf? same 32, 8 groups?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: USA Nike Ad QUOTE: less than 20 years ago MICROSCOPIC ISLANDS laughed at u
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2005, 10:03:13 PM »
thanks for the correctoin spideybuff...so the only change from last time is that Asia have to play off for the 5th spot with a Concacaf? same 32, 8 groups?

Bounty,

Here is ah thread on Bigsoccer that discusses all aspects of World Cup seeding and the Draw...
They also have some mock draws

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=244250&page=1&pp=15
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
I for one don't mind if they have success. They investing in the game and have help raised the profile of CONCACAF. They deserve the credit they getting hyped or not, propaganda or not. For those who saying they boring, where does that leave us. We can't beat them, while they beating the likes of Portugal in a World Competition. Most USA football peoples have a healthy respect for the game and for other CONCACAF Nations, they just fighting for a little respect.

By the way Soccer is an English word developed by the English as an attempted abbreviation of Association Football
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Football is not their culture.
Football is culture when your whole country shuts down to watch a critical match. You cah claim it as your culture when less than 1% of your population knows that your team exists
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Football is culture when your whole country shuts down to watch a critical match. You cah claim it as your culture when less than 1% of your population knows that your team exists

that's true, but that's also why they are aiming at the youths. i read somewhere that football is the fastest growing sport among young people in the country.

i referee on the weekends, and man i watch how organized some of these youth teams are, how disciplined U-12 teams are and how they knocking and i cyah remember getting that kinda coaching when i was that age. i ref a U-10 game this weekend and the girls on the home team was knocking one-two, making runs down the line, playing short corners, using offside trap etc. when i went into form 1, men was making foul throw and want to argue...

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile

that's true, but that's also why they are aiming at the youths. i read somewhere that football is the fastest growing sport among young people in the country.

i referee on the weekends, and man i watch how organized some of these youth teams are, how disciplined U-12 teams are and how they knocking and i cyah remember getting that kinda coaching when i was that age. i ref a U-10 game this weekend and the girls on the home team was knocking one-two, making runs down the line, playing short corners, using offside trap etc. when i went into form 1, men was making foul throw and want to argue...
LOL ;D

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Football has a ways to go in the US before it really makes a mark on the professional sports landscape as a whole....but your idea of culture is limited pardnah...and your numbers real off...less than 1%? I guarantee you that much more then 2 million people in the US love and follow soccer.

at a grass roots level, US putting more time, money and energy into  their youth programs at all levels. The number of youth's that play organized soccer is astounding and that is culture too. When the US men's and women's national team play they have a healthy US following. Look on TV and you will find greater coverage of their own leagues than many countries...you getting college ball, A-league, US Cup, MLS, women's national team, youth teams. It is part of many American's culture and in many ways a greater part of US culture than other country's that may claim football is their culture (read...TnT)

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
A guy in barcelona won a car in a game show and when he get it he start to kick it up and rant and shouting that they insulting him .............why....................cause the car was white !

now that is passion !
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
A guy in barcelona won a car in a game show and when he get it he start to kick it up and rant and shouting that they insulting him .............why....................cause the car was white !

now that is passion !

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I could very well imagine that and I know for sure dat happen... dem doh make joke in Spain

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
wen usa reached the quarters, they went around the streets of ny asking people ''are u gonna watch the game'' they said what game? i think out of 500 people only 25 actually knew about usa in the quarters, i think every 1 knows ''soccer'' isnt thier culture but also football isnt trinidads culture but soon it will be specially if we get to the world cup and with our cricket team not what it once was. for football to trully be ya culture most of the nation must talk about it, watch it, know some history. as a kid play it in the school yard every lunch time, and play wid passion. usa and trinidad arnt there yet but. but the ting is, if trinidad can do this well so far imagine when every 1 is totally focussed on football and we have youth programmes everywhere thats when u will see us qualify regular and have plenty players in the top leagues around the world. as for usa. with the money they have and the popualtion size and racial/cultural mix if even 50% of them lived and breathed football then i feel they can become a real world power.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Problem with the American game:  The American media tries to pitch it to the mainstream public as if it were similiar to the other sports.  No disrespect--this is football--the world's game.  By doing that, they alienate hardcore soccer fans.  Also, you would be surprised to know how little the American mainstream knows about the rules of the game, much less for tactics.  They really can't appreciate a soccer game, because a lot ot the technical stuff that we notice would go unnoticed by them.  Also, they can't seem to appreciate a game where there could be no score, because of the nature of other American sports.  On the other hand, we could walk away from a drawn soccer game and claim that it was an action filled game, with great goalkeeping, end--to-end action, etc.  They just don't get it.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 12:50:28 PM by Tenorsaw »

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
last night ah man in america ash me if the winner of the mls does go to the world cup :rotfl:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
yeh i agree with what u say man. do u remember wen mls first started and the thing they did if it was a draw? like u have 10 seconds to beat the keeper and score dunno what they call it. but it just shows u the american public have to c a winner remember they did this for league games

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
yeah dey used to call it a shootout or somthing and stern john was the best at that. i woullda like to do that boy :beermug:

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
lol i remember first time i c that, i say is som game show like gladiator goin on or somting

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
man used to run from about half and hit de keeper ah quick spanner and chip it over he head and thing. i would like to see carlos do that boy

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Remember the ad for MLS with Elcock in the shootout fannin over de ball so fast, he trip himself and fall?
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
nah i never see that but i would love to sombody better post it so i could get ah laugh

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
last night ah man in america ash me if the winner of the mls does go to the world cup :rotfl:

Oh gawwddd!!!.... ah nearly spit out meh pepsi on meh keyboard...

That remind meh ah de time me and ah co-worker talking champions league and ah next fella fall in de talk and like he wanna be cool too....

My boy jump up and say, "so if Barcelona wins they go to the World Cup right?"

The look on meh next co-worker KJ face was de best  :rotfl: He give him ah slow turn and den he turn he face to de side like ah confused pothound

It had ah good few seconds of... "amm... what... ok... huh?" :-\ ???
Then we jus play like we had to go back to work and done de talk

:rotfl: :rotfl:

1]; } ?>