April 19, 2024, 05:01:07 AM

Author Topic: Terry Fenwick: Where do we go from here?  (Read 11285 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Terry Fenwick: Where do we go from here?
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2010, 10:15:19 AM »
Express , Guardian , Newsday , Tv6. Please do not steal the article and dont give credit to the writer / source please. Also Big Up to Mr Fenwick, Mr Mohammed I Enjoy the Reports.

They may not necessarilly be stealing. If it'sa message on a forum, it's fair game.

However, if it's an actual article they can quote portions and attribute to the source.
However, if Flex says no portion of this article may be copied without express permission of the webmaster then that's a different story.

You will notice the first time around, it was just a post and they repeated it and attributed the source. So really they did nothing wrong - legally.

VB

I've added a copyright notice at the bottom of the article.

good!, them news people is rel blood suckers
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2010, 11:43:29 AM »
We going one way Terry....

Down the drain.....

RUSSELL LATAPY = $248,000 - a month
LINCOLN PHILLIPS = $75,000 - a month
MICHAEL MAURICE = $120,000 - a month
ROSS RUSSELL = $120,000 - a month
T&T being kicked out of the Caribbean Cup and can't make it out of the first round = PRICELESS !!!!!!!!

Latapy here for 20 months now and still trying to figure out who to play and what formation suits T&T best.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2010, 11:48:56 AM »
I would like to see Trini Terry Fenwick coach de National Football team

If only to see what he could REALLY do

It easy to sit on de sidelines, take pot shots and bump yuh gum talkin bout who should do dis, dat, and who should get pick etc.

Come on Jack....make Trini Terry de coach.  Let some trini players get clout up on de field and ting.  Maybe even tackle an opposing player or two.  Wrestle wit a ref.  Leh we see if he could really coach...or if is jes talk.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2010, 11:52:45 AM »
No one is guarantee success Palos....

Give him a chance, yes, why not, he mess up, fire he too.

But I can guarantee he better than Latapy.....

Fenwick developed over 20 T&T players and have some them is now regulars on the T&T team.

Them fellas need some blasted clout !!!! hell yes !!!!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2010, 12:08:22 PM »
Bring Tappa nah !! look how at man quietly setting more records ...first Jamaican to score in the WC ...led jamaica to win in WC vs Japan ... is not he who was in charge when  dey fired dey foreign coach and they beat dem big concacaf teams at home even tough it was to late ?

Maybe what we need is a change in attitude in our sportmen or footballers in this case .... jamaicans have demonstrated it in football coming from below Bert netune's feet and the redicule that jamaicans only know bout cricket ...they have taken over in football and netball ...titles we held !!!!!

when they saw our potential they hired Russel and Leonsen to play in their leagues ...now we se their's leh we make ah steal nah !!!!

Theodore Whitmore

International career
Whitmore made his debut in a November 1993 friendly match against the United States, coming on as a late substitute for Hector Wright. He's earned 105 official international caps and scored 24 goals for the Jamaican national team.[2] He was the Reggae Boyz' midfield general during the second half of the 1990s, playing as a major catalyst for the Jamaicans as they advanced to their first and only World Cup in 1998. Although Jamaica was eliminated in the first round, Whitmore scored two goals in Jamaica's lone win of the competition, a 2-1 victory against Japan. In that same year he was named Caribbean Footballer of the Year. His last international match was also against the United States, a 1-1 away draw on 17 November 2004 during 2006 World Cup qualification in which he was substituted for Jason Euell in the 72nd minute.[3]

Management

When Whitmore returned to Seba United in 2006 he returned as both a player and a coach.[citation needed] He was then brought on as interim manager of the Jamaica national team after the firing of former manager Bora Milutinović in November 2007;[4] Jamaica won both games, friendlies against El Salvador and Guatemala, under his watch.[5]

He was then retained as an assistant under new coach Renê Simões.[6] Simões lasted only nine months as manager due to poor play in the third round of CONCACAF World Cup qualifiers,[7] and upon his release on 11 September 2008, Whitmore was again appointed interim manager until newly appointed manager John Barnes would be available in November.[8] As interim manager in October 2008, Whitmore guided the Reggae Boyz to back-to-back 1–0 wins against Mexico and Honduras that gained him tremendous support as a manager and put the Jamaicans into range for advancement with one game remaining in semifinal round group play.[5] He again took the reins of the national team when John Barnes left the position in June 2009, to take up a management job in the English League.

Whitmore's team struggled during the 2009 CONCACAF Gold Cup and were eliminated in the first round. As a part of the national team rebuilding efforts which started in August 2009, Whitmore has lead the squad to three draws and one win to end 2009

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2010, 12:11:40 PM »
If the coach have no heart, how will the players have ?

Latapy is a limer. !!!

Go to that famous pub in port of spain and you will see him there all the time.

I saw him there two weeks ago, begging Stern John to come back to the team.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2010, 12:12:28 PM »
But I can guarantee he better than Latapy.....

Hell, I better than Latapy.... :devil: ::) ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2010, 04:43:31 PM »

Latapy is a limer. !!!

You got me there ...dais true ..

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2010, 04:48:35 PM »

Latapy is a limer. !!!

You got me there ...dais true ..

it will be dutch or german breds, rijkard name getting call in dey

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2010, 04:48:41 PM »

Latapy is a limer. !!!

You serious is that accurate or you're joking,tell me that's not true!!!

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2010, 05:19:59 PM »
Bring Tappa nah !! look how at man quietly setting more records ...first Jamaican to score in the WC ...led jamaica to win in WC vs Japan ... is not he who was in charge when  dey fired dey foreign coach and they beat dem big concacaf teams at home even tough it was to late ?

Maybe what we need is a change in attitude in our sportmen or footballers in this case .... jamaicans have demonstrated it in football coming from below Bert netune's feet and the redicule that jamaicans only know bout cricket ...they have taken over in football and netball ...titles we held !!!!!

when they saw our potential they hired Russel and Leonsen to play in their leagues ...now we se their's leh we make ah steal nah !!!!

Theodore Whitmore

International career
Whitmore made his debut in a November 1993 friendly match against the United States, coming on as a late substitute for Hector Wright. He's earned 105 official international caps and scored 24 goals for the Jamaican national team.[2] He was the Reggae Boyz' midfield general during the second half of the 1990s, playing as a major catalyst for the Jamaicans as they advanced to their first and only World Cup in 1998. Although Jamaica was eliminated in the first round, Whitmore scored two goals in Jamaica's lone win of the competition, a 2-1 victory against Japan. In that same year he was named Caribbean Footballer of the Year. His last international match was also against the United States, a 1-1 away draw on 17 November 2004 during 2006 World Cup qualification in which he was substituted for Jason Euell in the 72nd minute.[3]

Management

When Whitmore returned to Seba United in 2006 he returned as both a player and a coach.[citation needed] He was then brought on as interim manager of the Jamaica national team after the firing of former manager Bora Milutinović in November 2007;[4] Jamaica won both games, friendlies against El Salvador and Guatemala, under his watch.[5]

He was then retained as an assistant under new coach Renê Simões.[6] Simões lasted only nine months as manager due to poor play in the third round of CONCACAF World Cup qualifiers,[7] and upon his release on 11 September 2008, Whitmore was again appointed interim manager until newly appointed manager John Barnes would be available in November.[8] As interim manager in October 2008, Whitmore guided the Reggae Boyz to back-to-back 1–0 wins against Mexico and Honduras that gained him tremendous support as a manager and put the Jamaicans into range for advancement with one game remaining in semifinal round group play.[5] He again took the reins of the national team when John Barnes left the position in June 2009, to take up a management job in the English League.

Whitmore's team struggled during the 2009 CONCACAF Gold Cup and were eliminated in the first round. As a part of the national team rebuilding efforts which started in August 2009, Whitmore has lead the squad to three draws and one win to end 2009

I like it .

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2010, 05:24:33 PM »
Express , Guardian , Newsday , Tv6. Please do not steal the article and dont give credit to the writer / source please. Also Big Up to Mr Fenwick, Mr Mohammed I Enjoy the Reports.

They may not necessarilly be stealing. If it'sa message on a forum, it's fair game.

However, if it's an actual article they can quote portions and attribute to the source.
However, if Flex says no portion of this article may be copied without express permission of the webmaster then that's a different story.

You will notice the first time around, it was just a post and they repeated it and attributed the source. So really they did nothing wrong - legally.

VB

You talking shit.

i did see a quote to the effect "according to SWO" in the last piece from flex that the express copied.

Wasnt the exact words used but some kinda credit was given albeit a small one..................if im not mistaken

I'll let DHW speak for himself, but I believe the reference was to an incident earlier this year when Newsday lifted an article from SWO en toto without attributing any credit to the site.  The interviewee even responded to Flex' question by say "Well, Flex..."  They quoted that in the Newsday article.  Anybody reading that on Newsday site was probably going "who is 'Flex'??"

Another article was lifted by Newsday dealing with the WC dispute, it was then taken from Newsday and republished on an English newspaper's football blog.  Again, no attribution... they credited Newsday.  Soca Warriors Online not here to do these journalists jobs for them, and not here to do the heavy lifting only for others to take the credit.  Flex bussin' he ass to develop these relationships and to hustle up these interviews... why should others just copy and paste and try and pass it off as their work?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2010, 05:41:11 PM »

VB

I've added a copyright notice at the bottom of the article.

i did see a quote to the effect "according to SWO" in the last piece from flex that the express copied.

Wasnt the exact words used but some kinda credit was given albeit a small one..................if im not mistaken

-----------------------------------------------

"The former England international is currently in Martinique covering the tournament and told Soca Warriors Online (SWO) that T&T were beaten by a well-organised Cuban team and the Soca Warriors lacked commitment and coaching ideas.
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Fenwick__T_T_lacked_commitment-110920289.html"

Flex,

I hope they ask your permission for this

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Fenwick__T_T_lacked_commitment-110920289.html

VB

Off course not, T&T press do as they please, I just hope when I return the favor oneday them eh get vex.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Cowen it was a full copy and paste. as all of us saw even flex. They changed the article because it doesn't look like anything what was written before, even TV6 news didn't give any credit to the source like they normally do. It had no reference to Soca warriors online, plus they shortened it, Most likely because people left comments complaining because of it.

edit: Yes as bakes say also, its not the first time they have done that.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 05:52:01 PM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2010, 06:31:08 PM »
Respect to Mr Fenwick and his accomplishments. It's very easy being critical when not in the hot seat.

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2010, 06:43:22 PM »
saga pinto, YES, Latapy is a fan of Trotters, saw him there with Stern John a few weeks back.

And a week before the Digicel Cup, Latapy was in Tobago playing Golf.

He loves golf so much that he is out of the country a lot of times.

Many of the foreign players have no respect for Latapy and he knows that, hence one of the reason he does not call them. I cant call names, but you will be surprised what some of them say about Latapy.

As for Fenwick, he cannot do anything about the current state of T&T football because he will not get the support to do so, if he gets the job, he should decline, its best, the TTFF does not respect him.

Fenwick have a good discipline that is needed in T&T football today but sometimes he could get overwhelmed and react on players, he needs to learn to curve his attitude and respect players a little more.

But I agree, he is better than Latapy by far.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2010, 08:51:52 PM »
saga pinto, YES, Latapy is a fan of Trotters, saw him there with Stern John a few weeks back.

Many of the foreign players have no respect for Latapy and he knows that, hence one of the reason he does not call them. I cant call names, but you will be surprised what some of them say about Latapy.

As for Fenwick, he cannot do anything about the current state of T&T football because he will not get the support to do so, if he gets the job, he should decline, its best, the TTFF does not respect him.

Fenwick have a good discipline that is needed in T&T football today but sometimes he could get overwhelmed and react on players, he needs to learn to curve his attitude and respect players a little more.

Well said
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2010, 06:52:45 AM »

Very interesting !!!!!!!

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2010, 11:15:30 AM »

Can you elaborate? What sort of stuff would they say? and why?
Hart for president

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2010, 11:24:09 AM »

key ke kek ... :devil:

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2010, 11:30:28 AM »

ooooohhhhh Laaawwdd all yuh like ah bachanal eh??!!..... :devil: :rotfl:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2010, 11:46:22 AM »

Ah like how Insider does come, drop we a paragraph, get man tizic and den ride out  :rotfl:

Throw yuh frame dan
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2010, 11:46:30 AM »

Welcome Back old friend, I've missed your INsights...and thanks again, there is always SO much going on BEHIND the scenes in T&T football, it's like an Iceberg, yuh does only see the 10% on the top, not the 90% that hidin in de dark, below the surface!!! I speak to Terry frequently and he has T&T football at heart, but yes boy, that TEMPER of his, lord have mercy!!!

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2010, 11:52:07 AM »

Ah like how Insider does come, drop we a paragraph, get man tizic and den ride out  :rotfl:

Throw yuh frame dan

Nah hes been legit on a few past theories though.
Hart for president

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2010, 05:50:04 AM »
According to this report, Joe Public face Jabloteh today in the FA Cup (I thought it was carded for the 10th?), if its true, Fenwick is staying in Martinique for the duration of the DCC tournament, I wonder who will be coaching Jabloteh. ?
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2010, 10:16:19 AM »
Respect to Mr Fenwick and his accomplishments. It's very easy being critical when not in the hot seat.

This is very true and this is exactly what everyone does in football. Be it potential coaches, media, fans, or even players.

I did not see the games, but if  Mr Latapy had the T&T team organized, created opportunities, defended well, made the right substitutions and adjustments etc etc. Yet did not get the desired results, then you have to look at the players available..
The question yet to be asked, or answered is if Mr Fenwick is wrong in his assessment?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2010, 10:49:38 AM »
The TTFF.

What a jokey crew.

A president whose time has clearly come and gone.
A special adviser who is a thief in every which way imagined
A technical director without a technical clue and can't see pass his stomach
A supporting cast that is non existent but just collects a paycheck religiously while the game suffers
A national team coach who is incompetent and still wants to coach
A nation playing football tug-o-war
And Terry Fenwick crying in the wilderness like John the Baptist

The last two are very serious issues. The tug-o-war, represents a nation divided. On one side, you have those who worship Jacko and his jokey crew and on the other side you have those who know that this crew of idiots are killing the game, if they have not murdered it yet, and must go.

Then there is Terry, crying in the wilderness like John the Baptist, but no one is hearing him. I urge you, and you know who I am speaking to, to wake up. This current administration of idiots are laughing at us and they are killing people slowly but surely. They are collecting a paycheck religiously while we as fans are suffering for a winning organization. Hell, I would settle for a competitive organization with a world class appetite for competing along with the desire to win and the vision to make it happen.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2010, 11:09:05 AM »
I hope you are being sarcastic comparing Terry Fenwick to John the Baptist. If not, then what makes you or any of the Fenwickites think he would do a better job? Is his team playing a nice brand of football? Jabloteh was winning when they had money. Now they don't have the same level of funds, what has happened to Fenwick's ability? Some of allyuh could get fooled real easy. No one with sense is taking on Fenwick. When his teams start playing the type of football that he wants the national team to play and when he stops removing his players from national camps and tournaments maybe he'll get some respect. Until then he can keep bumping his gums and revisit the abuse Maradona gave him in '86.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2010, 11:17:14 AM »
I hope you are being sarcastic comparing Terry Fenwick to John the Baptist. If not, then what makes you or any of the Fenwickites think he would do a better job? Is his team playing a nice brand of football? Jabloteh was winning when they had money. Now they don't have the same level of funds, what has happened to Fenwick's ability? Some of allyuh could get fooled real easy. No one with sense is taking on Fenwick. When his teams start playing the type of football that he wants the national team to play and when he stops removing his players from national camps and tournaments maybe he'll get some respect. Until then he can keep bumping his gums and revisit the abuse Maradona gave him in '86.

Wait, wait, when Jabloteh had money Fenwick took three years building a team and it eventually paid off, he didn't do like Joe Public and buy the best players in the league, he broke them youths out, it had one time the whole under 20 team was from Jabloteh.

Now Jabloteh got broke, and had to sell all Fenwick product to Ma Pau and Joe Public and now Jabloth suffering.

Do you ever see Fenwick spending big money on players.

Come on bro, I not picking up for him, but facts is facts.

Listed below are some of the players Fenwick has aided in developing.

Kelvin Jack, Collin Samuel, Cyd Gray, Ian Gray, Aurtis Whitley, Cornell Glen, Josh Johnson, Trent Noel, Kerry Baptiste, Ataullah Guerra, Lester Peltier, Khaleem Hyland, Robert Primus, Sheldon Bateau, Jerrel Britto, Cleon John, Elton John, Elijah Manners, Jason Marcano, Devon Jamerson, Nigel Daniel, Stephen Knox, Daniel Joseph, Mikel Williams Kevin Molino and Johan Peltier.

Most of these players Latapy, Ma Pau and Joe Public rely on today....

PS: Maradonna beat the whole England side, not just Fenwick.... all allyuh have on Fenwick is stuff from 15 years ago, maybe more..

Fenwick remove his players from national duty because of the TTFF and they ever changing schedule which was affecting Jabloteh fixtures, Jabloteh had the most amount of players in the national set up, so they had to cancel games because of the unprofessional way the TTFF use to handle them, tomorrow is training and then they change it without notifying Jaboteh....
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 11:37:51 AM by Sam »

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2010, 11:47:26 AM »
Sam, yuh a legend on this site. It's a toss up every year between you and Touches for post of the year. But ya wrong on this one. It takes money and resources to build a development program. The youth programs at jabloteh prospered because they had money and others did not, they prospered.Now, if Fenwick is such a quality coach, shouldn't his teams at least be playing a good brand of football. Wenger is a good coach because he has his teams playing good football even though Man U and Chelsea always outspend Arsenal. The point is the quality of the coach can always be seen even when the resources dry up. Fenwick is not a good coach. If he is a good coach, his teams would have a distinct style that is pleasant to watch. He is a loud, obnoxious man who was able to con his way into T&T football. 

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2010, 12:04:42 PM »
Sam, yuh a legend on this site. It's a toss up every year between you and Touches for post of the year. But ya wrong on this one. It takes money and resources to build a development program. The youth programs at jabloteh prospered because they had money and others did not, they prospered.Now, if Fenwick is such a quality coach, shouldn't his teams at least be playing a good brand of football. Wenger is a good coach because he has his teams playing good football even though Man U and Chelsea always outspend Arsenal. The point is the quality of the coach can always be seen even when the resources dry up. Fenwick is not a good coach. If he is a good coach, his teams would have a distinct style that is pleasant to watch. He is a loud, obnoxious man who was able to con his way into T&T football.

Well you right to a point. And yes, it needs money to build a program. Imagine the TTFF spending millions on staff members and in return they have no team/one to coach or no money for a program.

Anyhow - you have to remember, Latapy and Fenwick have access to the same players, Latapy have the advantage because he can choose players from different teams, like W Connection, Joe Public, DC United, Stoke City, etc... etc.

Out of de two men, maybe Fenwick is not a great coach, but out of the two men, I would go with Fenwick.

1. He have more discipline and that is a remedy for greatness. If he keep that up he will be a great coach oneday.
2. He have more heart.
3. He is more experience.
4. He gets the best out of the ordinary players we have in T&T.
5. He is fair and will choose players who earn their pick. Not like Latapy and he favorites.
6. He is a no bullshit coach and protect his players.
7. He does not allow the TTFF to walk over him like other T&T club members. If he was T&T coach, he may not last long because he wouldn't put up with their shit for to long.
8. He is more qualified.
9. He is more dynamic as a coach.
10. He is more experience as a player than Latapy was.
11. He gets more respect from his players that Latapy does from his players.
12. He is more organize as a coach. His team play better structure football that Latapy's. They have fight in them.

Etc, etc.....

Latapy have a license to train dogs. And I hear he going on vacation soon instead of trying to educate himself. While Fenwick just went and got his UEFA A License.

Lincoln Phillips giving prisoners and parents license he should try and get Latapy his ? unless is some bogas piece of paper he giving out.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 12:16:06 PM by Sam »

1]; } ?>