April 20, 2024, 10:11:34 AM

Author Topic: Vranes adds US-based players to training squad  (Read 4746 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Vranes adds US-based players to training squad
« on: December 11, 2010, 08:52:22 AM »
Vranes adds US-based players to training squad
T&T Guardian

T&T Olympic (Under-23) football coach Zoran Vranes has added more players to his squad that will begin training at Hasely Crawford Stadium on Sunday morning for upcoming Olympic Qualifying and Pan American Games. Earlier in the week, Vranes announced a provisional squad but has since included US-based players Sean De Silva, Leston Paul, Qian Grosvenor, Uriah Bentick, David Williams, Stephen Knox and Deon Cuffy Joseph. All of these players with the exception of Williams and Joseph were part of previous national Under-20 and Under-17 teams. Paul captained T&T at both the Fifa 2007 South Korea Under-17 World Cup and the Fifa Under 20 World Cup in Egypt last year.

Also being recalled are Juma Clarence, Daniel Joseph, Micah Lewis, Akeem Adams, Jamal Gay, national senior team trio, Joevin Jones, Daniel Cyrus and midfielder Kevin Molino, national Under-20 captain Sheldon Bateau as well as defenders Robert Primus. “We have a large pool of players and the coach will definitely try to have a look at all these players who are available and all of them are expected to be back home over the Christmas period,” team manager Norris Ferguson said yesterday. “If all are not present this Sunday they will at least be there in the other session before year end and this will give the coach to meet with them and he will then have a better idea of what he has to work with before we kick into a higher gear in 2011.”

Training Squad
Sean De Silva, Leston Paul, Qian Grosvenor, Uriah Bentick, David Williams, Stephen Knox, Deon Cuffy Joseph, Sheldon Bateau, Robert Primus, Sheldon Clarke, Jean-Luc Rochford, Daniel Cyrus, Trevon Caesar, Aquille Selby, Curtis Gonzales, Kevin Molino, Mekeil Williams, Marcus Joseph, Andre Marchan, Jevon Morris, Glenroy Samuel, Joevin Jones, Isiah Smith, Marvin Manswell, Aubrey David, Jevaughn Vance, Juma Clarence, Daniel Joseph, Micah Lewis, Akeem Adams and Jamal Gay.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Vranes adds US-based players to training squad
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 09:03:05 AM »
Would have liked to see the following US-based players in the mix:
Javed Mohammed
Chike Sullivan
Ryan O'Neil
Jesse Fullerton
Che Walcott
Shastri Spencer (I eh sure if he eligible age-wise)
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 09:24:07 AM »
Javed Mohammed
Chike Sullivan
Ryan O'Neil
Jesse Fullerton
Che Walcott
:thumbsup:

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 10:05:40 AM »
hyland and winchester
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 10:07:07 AM »
Sounds like a bomb squad! when was the last time a T&T squad look so promising? The future is here with this crop.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 10:15:31 AM »
EXCELLENT!!! The CORE of this group of players have already been to TWO Youth World Cups, and it would be brilliant if they could indeed become our FIRST EVER team to qualify for an OLYMPICS

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 11:17:41 AM »
Javed Mohammed
Chike Sullivan
Ryan O'Neil
Jesse Fullerton
Che Walcott
Javed Mohammed too slow for international football bro
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 11:21:03 AM »
Javed Mohammed
Chike Sullivan
Ryan O'Neil
Jesse Fullerton
Che Walcott

Totally agreed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and add Kyle Bethel to the mix.

None the less, great team, but they need to spend time together before you can see more from this team.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2010, 12:15:39 PM »
What a bloody squad mate,if everything goes to plan they could be in Russia...eeezee,eeezee,I cyah wait.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2010, 03:29:44 PM »
What a bloody squad mate,if everything goes to plan they could be in Russia...eeezee,eeezee,I cyah wait.

Nah, nah Brazil first....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2010, 05:12:56 PM »

Nah, nah Brazil first....
Shit me eh know if they will be there first but I know I will lol

Offline Die_Hard

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2010, 05:28:45 PM »
Although Latapy is not up to the task coaching the Senior team, he had the gumption to pick young players and blood them at the senior level. 

This augurs well for the future and the experience gained will assist these youngsters as they play within their peer group.

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2010, 05:49:34 PM »
see what happens when dey invest in de youths and spend de money
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2010, 06:28:19 PM »
We fallin fuh names on a sheet of paper AGAIN

Most of the names that were called for training finished 3rd in a tournament that was hosted in Trinidad where the top 3 finishers qualified for the world cup

The team went to the world cup and while displaying fight and commitment....hardly created more than 5 REAL chances in the 3 games they played

Apart from Khaleem Hyland, not a single one of these players playin any kind of TOP FLIGHT PROFESSIONAL football anywhere on the planet.

Meanwhile.....players at dem age level in CONCACAF playin PROFESSIONAL BALL with top clubs...NOT in de US College system.

But somehow, everybody talkin bout great team, bomb squad, plan and russia and ting  ???

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2010, 06:48:03 PM »
Javed Mohammed
Chike Sullivan
Ryan O'Neil
Jesse Fullerton
Che Walcott

chike sullivan can still play for the under 20 team and no kyle  bethel  ??? flex he injured ?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2010, 06:55:39 PM »

Most of the names that were called for training finished 3rd in a tournament that was hosted in Trinidad where the top 3 finishers qualified for the world cup

The team went to the world cup and while displaying fight and commitment....hardly created more than 5 REAL chances in the 3 games they played

Apart from Khaleem Hyland, not a single one of these players playin any kind of TOP FLIGHT PROFESSIONAL football anywhere on the planet.

Meanwhile.....players at dem age level in CONCACAF playin PROFESSIONAL BALL with top clubs...NOT in de US College system.

But somehow, everybody talkin bout great team, bomb squad, plan and russia and ting  ???

Sense.

But in light the prospects for the current senior squad its not hard to see why people looking for hope with this bunch.

Plus the U.S. colleges system is currently graduating more players to decent professional leagues than our own PFL.  Julius James, Yohance Marshall, Darryl Roberts and probably Javed Mohammed and few others to come. Even Kevon Neaves went Sweden for a term straight from college.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2010, 02:05:34 AM »

Sense.

But in light the prospects for the current senior squad its not hard to see why people looking for hope with this bunch.

Plus the U.S. colleges system is currently graduating more players to decent professional leagues than our own PFL.  Julius James, Yohance Marshall, Darryl Roberts and probably Javed Mohammed and few others to come. Even Kevon Neaves went Sweden for a term straight from college.

Not to mention, most of the college players go on and look forward to having a career in what they studied and not in football. While in college, some of these guys can knock good ball.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2010, 08:03:59 AM »

I tell meh partnah the other day on this board .....I like Touches reports, Palos straightforward talk and when Small Mag start to lose he mind and go into the cussing tantrums nobody does it better lol but I think yuh being mean when it come to the team lol

My God Palos stop being such a kill joy .... in a perfect world we wouldn't be settling for scraps but with recent confirmation that our senior ball is f**ked we have to gravitate to some other form of optimism and the potential here with this team is clear to see for simple reasons.
No they are NOT a bombsquad but they have shown the ability to overcome tough odds and play tough, competitive ball ... they qualified for both the u17 tourney as well as the u20 and yes it was home but we have had tourneys in Trinidad where all we needed was a draw ...1 pt to qualify and we didn't get it point to note was the under 17 team with Avery , Demmin, Trotman, Moze etc and I even remember another talented squad that needed a draw I think with Nixon and sterling smith that didn't do it and of course we cant forget  Nov 19 when we needed 1 pt at home and of course we didn't get that ...... but these kids did! ....fact is they did what was needed to qualify .... twice..!!!!!

Another common factor ... the coach the same coach! Vranes has taken these teams  to these tourneys and they played well under him and I seem to recall Vranes being involved with our u23 team with Dwarika and these guys Nixon, Avery etc playing very well despite losing out in the tourney he ain't Leo but he is effective and he doesn't really get the props he deserve but that's neither here nor there.

I watched the games the first game they were somewhat overwhelmed but still played soundly.
In the game vs Italy they started to believe they can play with these teams and beat them.
Most of TT teams just try to play with other teams , survive and maybe eek out a result this team started to understand that they can beat these teams by outworking them because that is their strong point and this is what excites me about the u23 team and about what they can do this time. They had alot of games and they know each other they start slow but they finish strong just like BOLT lol  (I know I know).

I've never thought this was the most skillful team in comparison to our teams of the past but it shows the best team is not necessarily the best looking on paper but the group willing to work for each other (I hope Mr. Latas get the f**king MEMO) that's what you get with this group.
Another thing you can count on your fingers the men who went on to get contracts from these tournaments and it was not as a direct result of the tourneys  they either get it through their agents or had it before.. check the stats.

Anyway if I miss something let me know ... you would be surprised what belief can do!

ps I just thought of something if allyuh look at our recent trend ... the women doing well juniors as well as seniors and our youth teams on the men side doing well ... the only team that isn't doing well is our Men's senior team go figure!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 08:14:52 AM by Ngozi »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2010, 09:54:08 AM »
ace Ngozi
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2010, 11:01:41 AM »

Palos, yuh is meh boy, but yuh being a little harsh!

But let me help you get some facts straight.

They qualified in Trinidad with a game to spare, playing unbeaten in their group.  They lost the semis to the USA on penalties and eventually placed 4th in the tourney.

5 chances in 3 games? Do u remember that we hit the post 3 times?  Our young boys competed against an Italian U20 team that had the best young players that Inter, Roma, Milan, Juventus etc had to offer.

I understand the need for us to keep our feet on the ground by not getting carried away, but i think you are going a bit too extreme. 

You have to remember that this is an actual youth team that we have kept together for some time now!! Isnt that what we have been begging for all this time??  Credit needs to be given when it is due.

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2010, 11:20:12 AM »

Palos, yuh is meh boy, but yuh being a little harsh!

But let me help you get some facts straight.

They qualified in Trinidad with a game to spare, playing unbeaten in their group.  They lost the semis to the USA on penalties and eventually placed 4th in the tourney.

5 chances in 3 games? Do u remember that we hit the post 3 times?  Our young boys competed against an Italian U20 team that had the best young players that Inter, Roma, Milan, Juventus etc had to offer.

I understand the need for us to keep our feet on the ground by not getting carried away, but i think you are going a bit too extreme. 

You have to remember that this is an actual youth team that we have kept together for some time now!! Isnt that what we have been begging for all this time??  Credit needs to be given when it is due.

:applause:

Offline saint27

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2010, 03:04:43 PM »

College system is where all the mls players comin from and Pro League is not near ready for MLS ....

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2010, 03:54:11 PM »
College players coming to the MLS because of the draft system but how many of they actually make it in the MLS.. the College game does not prepare a player for professional play as the college game does not mirror the professional game. The college season is 3 intense months the professional is 9 and that does not allow for the long term tactical development of players.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2010, 04:48:25 PM »
EXCELLENT!!! The CORE of this group of players have already been to TWO Youth World Cups, and it would be brilliant if they could indeed become our FIRST EVER team to qualify for an OLYMPICS

Hope you aren't disappointed after all this hype ..... we went to two youth World cups and ??? you realise we have not yet won a game ?? so we are experienced because we went to two WCs ..right ? but experienced at what ? winning ???
You surely realize that we are in competition with other countries whose teams have also been to World youth cups ?? and have won ...and therefore knows what it takes to win ??
We often look at what we are doing ...forgetting our opponents ...  you know the " we doh have to study dem ..dey have to study we "syndrome ... But I know you have been there before ...so you wont be fooled ..

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2010, 12:03:02 PM »
Say what allyuh want..dais a bomb squad ...the future. Go T&T!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2010, 12:06:28 PM »
nice team, too bad our coaches can't select the right mix of players

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2010, 08:00:49 AM »
The reality is the best US talent in terms of players at 2010 WC did not go through the College process. No country in the World developing players and excelling in football with a college system. Just as a point to consider, the US has not even using college players at the U23 level. Check this

Beijing Olympics

Name            Date of Birth Position                                             Clubs Height
1 Chris SEITZ 12/03/1987 GK Real Salt Lake (USA)                          193
2 Marvell WYNNE 08/05/1986 DF Toronto FC (CAN)                          175
3 Michael OROZCO 07/02/1986 DF Real San Luis (MEX)                    180
4 Michael BRADLEY 31/07/1987 MF Borussia Moenchengladbach (GER) 185
5 Dax McCARTY 30/04/1987 MF FC Dallas (USA)                               175
6 Maurice EDU 18/04/1986 MF Rangers (SCO)                                   183
7 Stuart HOLDEN 01/08/1985 MF Houston Dynamo (USA)                  178
8 Danny SZETELA 17/06/1987 MF Brescia (ITA)     180
9 Charlie DAVIES 25/06/1986 FW Hammarby (SWE)   178
10 Benny FEILHABER 19/01/1985 MF AGF Aarhus (DEN) 175
11 Freddy ADU 02/06/1989 FW Monaco (FRA) 172
12 Jozy ALTIDORE 06/11/1989 FW Villarreal (ESP) 185
13 Patrick IANNI 15/06/1985 DF Houston Dynamo (USA) 182
14 Robbie ROGERS 12/05/1987 MF Columbus Crew (USA) 177
15 Michael PARKHURST 24/01/1984 DF Nordsjaelland (DEN) 180
16 Sacha KLJESTAN 09/09/1985 MF Chivas USA (USA) 185
17 Brian McBRIDE 19/06/1972 FW Chicago Fire (USA) 185
18 Brad GUZAN 09/09/1984 GK Aston Villa (ENG) 193
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2010, 08:08:45 AM »

Sounds like what was said about the 06 WC squad.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2010, 12:02:28 PM »
Sounds like what was said about the 06 WC squad.

Which I don't quite understand seeing that only 4 of the 22 man squad were local based.  8 of the 22 man squad played no lower than the Championship Division in England and the SPL in Scotland.  2 played in the MLS and the rest in lower leagues in England, Scotland and 1 in the A league in Australia.

Compare that to this U20 "bomb squad" where just one......one player.....plays abroad in the Belgian League. That's it.  Not even an English 2nd or 3rd division League team for any other player.

This was the T&T WC 2006 squad:

Goalkeepers:

1 Shaka Hislop (West Ham United, England)
21 Kelvin Jack (Dundee, Scotland)
22 Clayton Ince (Coventry City, England)

Defenders:

2 Ian Cox (Gillingham, England)
3 Avery John (New England Revolution, USA)
4 Marvin Andrews (Rangers, Scotland)
5 Brent Sancho (Gillingham, England)
6 Dennis Lawrence (Wrexham, Wales)
8 Cyd Gray (San Juan Jabloteh)
17 Atiba Charles (W Connection)

Midfielders:

7 Christopher Birchall (Port Vale, England)
9 Aurtis Whitley (San Juan Jabloteh)
10 Russell Latapy (Falkirk, Scotland)
11 Carlos Edwards (Luton Town, England)
16 Evans Wise (SV Wacker Burghausen, Germany)
18 Densill Theobald (Falkirk, Scotland)
19 Dwight Yorke (Sydney FC, Australia)
23 Anthony Wolfe (San Juan Jabloteh)

Forwards:

12 Collin Samuel (Dundee United, Scotland)
13 Cornell Glen (LA Galaxy, USA)
14 Stern John (Coventry City, England)
15 Kenwyne Jones (Southampton, England)
20 Jason Scotland (St Johnstone, Scotland)

Trainer:
Leo Beenhaker (Holland).

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2010, 12:14:05 PM »
The reality is the best US talent in terms of players at 2010 WC did not go through the College process. No country in the World developing players and excelling in football with a college system. Just as a point to consider, the US has not even using college players at the U23 level. Check this

Beijing Olympics

Name            Date of Birth Position                                             Clubs Height
1 Chris SEITZ 12/03/1987 GK Real Salt Lake (USA)                          193
2 Marvell WYNNE 08/05/1986 DF Toronto FC (CAN)                          175
3 Michael OROZCO 07/02/1986 DF Real San Luis (MEX)                    180
4 Michael BRADLEY 31/07/1987 MF Borussia Moenchengladbach (GER) 185
5 Dax McCARTY 30/04/1987 MF FC Dallas (USA)                               175
6 Maurice EDU 18/04/1986 MF Rangers (SCO)                                   183
7 Stuart HOLDEN 01/08/1985 MF Houston Dynamo (USA)                  178
8 Danny SZETELA 17/06/1987 MF Brescia (ITA)     180
9 Charlie DAVIES 25/06/1986 FW Hammarby (SWE)   178
10 Benny FEILHABER 19/01/1985 MF AGF Aarhus (DEN) 175
11 Freddy ADU 02/06/1989 FW Monaco (FRA) 172
12 Jozy ALTIDORE 06/11/1989 FW Villarreal (ESP) 185
13 Patrick IANNI 15/06/1985 DF Houston Dynamo (USA) 182
14 Robbie ROGERS 12/05/1987 MF Columbus Crew (USA) 177
15 Michael PARKHURST 24/01/1984 DF Nordsjaelland (DEN) 180
16 Sacha KLJESTAN 09/09/1985 MF Chivas USA (USA) 185
17 Brian McBRIDE 19/06/1972 FW Chicago Fire (USA) 185
18 Brad GUZAN 09/09/1984 GK Aston Villa (ENG) 193

I wouldn't say that. Holden, Mo Edu, Dempsey, Feilhaber, McBride, Guzan, Wynne, Lichaj, Ianni, Parkhurst, Seitz, Charlie Davies all went to college and played.

1]; } ?>