May 23, 2024, 08:24:26 AM

Author Topic: North East confirms high profile Stern John signing  (Read 1831 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
North East confirms high profile Stern John signing
« on: August 30, 2011, 09:36:22 PM »
North East confirms high profile Stern John signing
ttproleague.com

Former Coventry City and Birmingham striker Stern John will definitely wear the colours of Sangre Grande based TT Pro League club DIRECTV North East Stars this season but according to Stars CEO Brent Sancho, they are still in the finalization stage of contractual agreements.

Sancho, a 2006 World Cup teammate of John, said that over the next few days, final details of the agreement will be revealed.

John is the second highest profile player to join the top tier Trinidad and Tobago Pro League since Russell Latapy two seasons ago with Caledonia AIA.

The 34 year old former England based forward is currently in a live-in training camp with the Trinidad and Tobago Senior Team under head coach Otto Pfister in preparation for Friday 02 September World Cup qualifier against Bermuda at the Hasely Crawford Stadium and Barbados on September 6 in Bridgetown.

Two Sunday’s ago John netted his 70th international goal for T&T in a 3-0 international friendly win over visiting India at the Port of Spain venue when he converted from the penalty spot.

Following the match, John confirmed that he will play in the Pro League saying that the League is a good one but lacks support.

John said that he eager to start playing in the League but urged fans to support the top local league.

John, T&T’s all-time top goalscorer, has been training with the Stars in the past two months having recovered from knee surgery.

North East Stars, winners of last season’s Lucozade Sport Goal Shield, will being the 2011-2012 Digicel Pro League Championship title hunt against newcomers T&TEC FC on Friday 9 September from 6pm at the Marvin Lee Stadium.

Last season’s runner-up Caledonia AIA will go up against defending champs Defence Force from 8pm in the second clash of the Round One Match Day One Super Friday double header at the Macoya venue.

And on Saturday, Round One Match Day One continues with a double header at the Ato Boldon Stadium with W Connection against St. Ann’s Rangers from 6pm and Police FC against Adam’s Construction San Juan Jabloteh from 8pm.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
Re: North East confirms high profile Stern John signing
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 10:15:26 PM »
ya'll the horizon might be fast approaching???? I mean from TnT pro league to even an MLS club at his age seems far fetched...
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 01:08:27 AM »
ah wonder how much North East paying him

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 09:15:41 AM »
This is BIG news.....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 10:33:33 AM »
I wonder where NE Stars getting this money from to buy all these players.

I smell a rat.

I am assuming Stern John and Kelvin Jack will both make a cool $20,000.00 TT a month.

Maybe Darryl Mahabir selling more than fried chicken.

Jack will raise again !!!!!!!!
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 11:37:51 AM »

I smell a rat.

I am assuming Stern John and Kelvin Jack will both make a cool $20,000.00 TT a month.

Doh worry Mr Horner. I know you smell a rat, but rest assured, Jack Warner is not involved, so there ain't no rat in sight.

But between you and I, as you seem to be the least informed person in Trinidad & Tobago, you are correct in your assumptions. I know from fact that Mahabir isn't just relying on sales of fried chicken....he also does a mean fish dinner as well as fries and drinks. Mystery solved, so you can sleep peaceful now.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 11:40:14 AM by Football supporter »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 01:14:12 PM »

I smell a rat.

Doh worry Mr Horner. I know you smell a rat, but rest assured, Jack Warner is not involved, so there ain't no rat in sight.

But between you and I, as you seem to be the least informed person in Trinidad & Tobago, you are correct in your assumptions. I know from fact that Mahabir isn't just relying on sales of fried chicken....he also does a mean fish dinner as well as fries and drinks. Mystery solved, so you can sleep peaceful now.
       FS,he can sleep peaceful?JW had more business and making more money than that and he was still corupt so you could sleep peacefully if you want but mystery eh solved.
       I wonder what his monthly wages would be with men like Kivin Harrison,Sancho,Jefries,Technical staff,Players (eg Stern,Jack,Roberts,Jamaica GK) anyone would ask,besides his above business i guess they have other sponsors.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 01:21:30 PM »
Is this the same guy that owns economy supermarket?

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 02:12:34 PM »

Don't know. But articles have been written on him in the past in terms of his business acumen.

He also had some kind of road works contract with the govt. in the past.

NE had serious problems in the past. Never got their prize money for winning FA cup back in 2003. Had to bow out of the Con. Club Champs because of a lack of sponsorship.

I admire the direction they are taking and signing big local stars from abroad who can still perform enhances their gate and their potential to win trophies.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

AirMan

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 05:18:21 PM »
Jack Horner yuh win..you is the local comedian in here hoss  :D

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 05:51:03 PM »

No. But Economy sponsored NE in the past.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 06:17:00 PM »

I smell a rat.

never mind fried chicken sales it have some doubles vendors like them on chacon st pos they have two lines one is take out the other is dine in  an is non stop traffic from 6 till 11  mon to sat , you do the math an they operating from a parking lot, we need to get some doubles vendors to invest in we football.

1]; } ?>