May 22, 2024, 11:27:32 PM

Author Topic: Congrats to Pres (Sando)!!  (Read 18561 times)

Offline naparima

• <Insert Interesting Comment Here>
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Rishi Travelogue
Re: Congrats to Pres (Sando)!!
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2005, 11:24:37 AM »
*sigh*
so much sour grapes...*tsk tsk*
name calling change nothing
<Blurb> Insert Text
</Blurb>

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2005, 11:53:22 AM »
*sigh*

Wham to all the big talk from earlier?
Allyuh Naps persons was always inventive with allyuh stories and fables about being the premier school in South .... so where all these facts yuh have to show?

Is either put up ... or shut up.

.... and if allyuh conveniently can't remember about getting demoted - I will even put out the name of allyuh goalie - EDWARDS, (who by the way, allyuh get from Pres who had rejected him as a Championship calibre 'keeper).

Besides, where allyuh Worldwide High School Ranking?
Where allyuh acknowledgement from Olympiads?
Where allyuh pool?
Where allyuh trophy case?
How many Prime Ministers allyuh put in office?
How many MPs allyuh put in the Red House?
Who running Petrotrin?
Who running NGC?
Where allyuh soca superstars?
Where allyuh Soca Warrior?

When yuh on top, it eh have nuttin to be sour about - we jess have to look down and kick over the stragglers.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2005, 12:00:18 PM »
malick ha all dat too
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2005, 12:00:49 PM »

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2005, 12:02:23 PM »
"Where allyuh Soca Warrior?" - leonson lewis. i sure it have more but i eh looking.

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2005, 12:03:48 PM »
       Yeah I went to the game, Naps played like crap, they deserved to lose. Imagine a south zone unbeaten champ playing shitty against a senior division team. Like I blight the team by going yes, because in my days 1991-1996 Naps was real real shitty, equivalent to the Pres now. They kick 2 penalties over bar and flicking Javed the captain and a T&T Under 19 player miss his real dotish. Boy I never see a one-sided left footer like Javed yes, he need to at least learn to stand up properly on his right!!

Congrats to Pres. the Naps supporters would not have been affected as much as Pres. since Naps looking to play Signal Hill tomorrow and then looking to Intercol as well, whereas this was IT for Pres. Plus Pres always have the better FEMALE supporters yes!! Them smallies was looking real good, boy I have to get them to have some logo or something, if they going UWI or over 18 I go check them, all them blasted form 5 and them confusing meh shit man!!

Good luck against Signal Hill and beyond Naps, but if we play like we did against Pres. we dead!

See you in the league next year Pres. hopefully we go embarass all yuh next year again, like all yuh and Benedicts used to do to us back in my sad years...

J.  :o
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power."

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline naparima

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Rishi Travelogue
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2005, 12:08:00 PM »
*sigh*

Wham to all the big talk from earlier?
Allyuh Naps persons was always inventive with allyuh stories and fables about being the premier school in South .... so where all these facts yuh have to show?

Is either put up ... or shut up.

.... and if allyuh conveniently can't remember about getting demoted - I will even put out the name of allyuh goalie - EDWARDS, (who by the way, allyuh get from Pres who had rejected him as a Championship calibre 'keeper).

Besides, where allyuh Worldwide High School Ranking?
Where allyuh acknowledgement from Olympiads?
Where allyuh pool?
Where allyuh trophy case?
How many Prime Ministers allyuh put in office?
How many MPs allyuh put in the Red House?
Who running Petrotrin?
Who running NGC?
Where allyuh soca superstars?
Where allyuh Soca Warrior?

When yuh on top, it eh have nuttin to be sour about - we jess have to look down and kick over the stragglers.

since I have a job...  I dont have all day to quibble with Pres Men...
But end of the day ... no one wants to go to Pres.. they all want to go to Naps....!!
<Blurb> Insert Text
</Blurb>

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2005, 12:12:14 PM »
 I went to Pres and Ptown ( >:(bench all the time but..) Pres is the best school in Trinidad and Tobago in many ways....Pres have always produced good youth squads over the period of 96 to 2003, however in 2003 many of the senior players left eventually leading up to Presentation's relegation...Naps is only good because of Jan Steadman...They are now at the bottom of the pit when it comes to quality...Jan Steadman built a quality football team started a football program which produced great talent ... Pres on the other hand did not fully develop the players from already successful youth football programs...Pres opted to create all-rounded students instead of just 'footballers'....which they paid the price for in terms of football(not to the detriment of their students).I sure the whole team have over 6 subjects..The Presentation College Under 16 side that won the national title in 2003( the year that they got relegated) has now matured and they beat Naps Championship Side :D... Pres have Avery John on the T&T senior Team , WHO NAPS HAVE ???....Go T&T
Malick is an asshole school and all their girls ugly ;D
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 12:14:45 PM by Ponnoxx »

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2005, 12:13:59 PM »
      Yes Potato Toti is right. Naps were demoted and my seat mate Joel Bailey helped them from Senior division back to Championship in 1995 or 1996 cyah remember now. Pres had 1 shit hong Prime Minister in Manning, and a lunatic one in Panday. You all can take that for sure. And all the other accolades, yes Totato Poti that is fine take the accolades. We eh care Pres by fluke pull some schols, but consistently over the last 2 decades Naps boys and girls were and are in the top 3 high schools in the Caribbean in academics.

Yeah good all yuh have all yuh pool and all that. Small thing. Hopefully you have a good job too. At the end of the day it is what you learnt and made from your high school, so if you is a clown and catching your tail it eh mean Jack Sprat that you went Naps and Pres. Morvant Man from Malick could still be doing better than you. I went Naps and then P'ville and it opened up meh eyes.

The world exists beyond basic secondary schools in T&T.

In life it is how you finish and not how you start Mr. Roti.

Big up too all schools in T&T and goodluck to all those in the Intercol and Big 5.

No offense Mr. Loti, everyone cool.  :D

Jason.

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2005, 12:17:36 PM »
"Where allyuh Soca Warrior?" - leonson lewis. i sure it have more but i eh looking.

Leonson Lewis was never a Soca Warrior.
He was a Strike Squadder ... or whatever they call them.

plus .. Leonson wasn't good until he went to Tech.

Offline naparima

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Rishi Travelogue
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2005, 12:18:36 PM »
hyperhot... is jagroop?
<Blurb> Insert Text
</Blurb>

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2005, 12:18:41 PM »

since I have a job...  I dont have all day to quibble with Pres Men...
But end of the day ... no one wants to go to Pres.. they all want to go to Naps....!!

lol ... that is why allyuh boss is a Presman.

Offline naparima

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Rishi Travelogue
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2005, 12:21:57 PM »
dread if my boss was a pres man i kill myself...
No pres man could ever be my boss...especially in my field...
but I like what Hyperhot J say....
is how yuh finish!!
<Blurb> Insert Text
</Blurb>

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2005, 12:22:20 PM »
   Nah Naparima, rishiray website man hahaa. I remembered your face in Naps. I am not Jagroop.

Laters,

But Potato Toti is a funny Pres fellow though eh.  :rotfl:

I go big up Pres for 1 thing: Big up Daniel's extra lessons school in Pres every July-August Holidays hahah.

J.

Offline Ball Ho fuh life

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2005, 12:34:01 PM »
naps men, me eh go really fight all yuh dong.  but we had real easy access tuh allyuh gyurls next door deh.  LIKE YUHSELF IN DE SQUASH COURT!!!!  :rotfl:

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2005, 12:35:25 PM »
     Yes Potato Toti is right. Naps were demoted and my seat mate Joel Bailey helped them from Senior division back to Championship in 1995 or 1996 cyah remember now. Pres had 1 shit hong Prime Minister in Manning, and a lunatic one in Panday. You all can take that for sure. And all the other accolades, yes Totato Poti that is fine take the accolades. We eh care Pres by fluke pull some schols, but consistently over the last 2 decades Naps boys and girls were and are in the top 3 high schools in the Caribbean in academics.

Yeah good all yuh have all yuh pool and all that. Small thing. Hopefully you have a good job too. At the end of the day it is what you learnt and made from your high school, so if you is a clown and catching your tail it eh mean Jack Sprat that you went Naps and Pres. Morvant Man from Malick could still be doing better than you. I went Naps and then P'ville and it opened up meh eyes.

The world exists beyond basic secondary schools in T&T.

In life it is how you finish and not how you start Mr. Roti.

Big up too all schools in T&T and goodluck to all those in the Intercol and Big 5.

No offense Mr. Loti, everyone cool.  :D

Jason.

I know Mr Joel Bailey and his white boots and left foot very well.
He went to ASJA before Naps ... was bigger than the team and rightfully so.

About the Presmen pulling schols by fluke: the smartest student the great Fayad Ali ever taught was a Presman from Cocoyea who went on a full ride to Princeton ... ask him.
Naps had the best Maths and Chem teachers working in their school ...... and it was the Presmen who was going to their 2 hours lessons in the evening to supplement what they were drilled with during the day, that ended up winning the schols.
Ah sure dat is by fluke.

The only way you can compare yourself to Naps girls is by determining which school have more panty in it under thier uniforms. Separate yourself from NGHS and the Presbyterian umbrella and Pres beats you handsdown in education.

Hoss ... no need to worry about me and my job. When you see the kit Pres run out in next year for Intercol, you could worry about it then.

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2005, 12:44:15 PM »
dread if my boss was a pres man i kill myself...
No pres man could ever be my boss...especially in my field...
but I like what Hyperhot J say....
is how yuh finish!!

Even if yuh was wukkin on the garbage truck, you would be picking up garbage and the driver woulda be a Presman.
Besides - if yuh living in TT - yuh wukkin for Manning (ah Presman)
If yuh wukking in the Red House - yuh boss is Barry (ah Presman)
If yuh wukking in oil - yuh boss is Malcolm (ah Presman)
If yuh wukking in Bahrain and yuh on the right flank - yuh boss is Avery (ah Presman)

Doh worry how I finishing sah ..... I jess starting - dat finishing sh!t is fuh allyuh Naps "men" and the deadend jobs it land allyuh with that b grade education.

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2005, 12:44:26 PM »
Congrats ...yes. ..but realise something ..to get relegated (in the first place) in this era where the level of play is ridiculously lower than the '80s and '90s, means that you probably have a shit side!  So celebrate quietly and start praying that you don't get relegated again!

Thanks the Lord CIC en get relegated ..thanks Tranquil!!!!!

"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2005, 12:50:44 PM »
 Naps football don't matter to me and Hypershot talking crap....Naps out do Pres in schols? a few years and Hypershit come up with that stupid notion...Naps football don't matter because I see great players who int play intercol and they much better than Anything Naps produce... Outta all that is only Andre Toussaint, Andre Pacheco, Hughton Hector,Brenton De Leon, Clyde De Leon, playing for a quality pfl Team (W Connection)...One NAPS man !!! The reason why i int say no Pres men either is because Pres players are students first and footballers after...NAps men are usually footballers first and students after...so they put football first and most of them can't even play for a quality pfl team( and pfl is a small league)....So if pfl is a small league and most of Naps players can't make an impact ...what does that say?... They are nothing, who gettting hype up like they is the best ting to touch a ball and at the end of the day they not accomplishing shit... Naps spoiling men lives... :-[ ..later on we go see who ass to ketch and if allyuh so called Naps men will give them men money or a job because aLLYUH feel naps is the best...That type of thing is not likely to happen in Pres...and that is why I would say Presentation College San Fernando is the best school in T&T...Go T&T

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2005, 01:02:03 PM »
Rotato Poti and ponnoxx i with allyuh!!  ask any south man wah they tink bout naps on a whole and once he eh goin naps he go say is a bunch of nerd and losers.
Back in Trini...

Offline Skill Toolz

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2005, 02:19:38 PM »
uhmmm...dah naps man lookin small....yout before yuh open yuh mout understadn wuh yuh sayin....over de years nuff naps man get twis up from dem pres men...allya winning out now when de standard POOR (big up Uprising)......In de 80's and 90's Pres massacre allya...doh leh meh start callin names of men dat get twis up on de field....I have files cause I was ON de fielf at de tiem...dey have ah man in dis message board dat DO it repeatedly (big up Baller fuh life)...DOH LEH ME CALL NAMES!

Offline Skill Toolz

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2005, 02:21:57 PM »
Uprising I know you feel de wrath of ah Pres man in Union Hall in Big 7 but I eh callin no names!

Offline naparima

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Rishi Travelogue
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2005, 02:28:17 PM »
 ???
<Blurb> Insert Text
</Blurb>

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2005, 02:29:09 PM »
Congrats to Pres...I hope the administration realise how important football is and don't let it suffer again.  In my time 1987-1994, Football was not just a game, it built comraderie and developed friendships(both pres men and people from other schools despite the rivalry) that are very valuable to me.  

Long time i eh see man fight up about this Pres/Naps scene.  Of course everybody will say that their school is the best regardless of where they went, i.e Pres, Naps, CIC, QRC, Malick, P.Town,Asja,
El Do, etc.

At the end of the day, ALL schools produce good people that are talented or successful, i.e.athletes, scholars, politicians, doctors, dentists,lawyers,etc.  It is just that some schools produce more in one particular area than another.  For example, Pres produce a lot of scholars (both academic and athletic), Malick produce a lot of national players and so on.  I can't say my school is better than Naps because I never attended Naps. However I could say that I was very fortunate to attend 3 of the best schools in South (Walters Kindergarten, San F'do Gov't school and Pres).  I have absolutely no regrets about the 7 years I spent in Pres.  It was a great learning experience because of the family environment.

Pres thought me how to value all people regardless of their position/status in life.  Learning was both in and out of the classroom.  I learned a lot from not only my teachers but others such as the carpenters, the security guard, secretarial staff, etc.

So those of you who want to talk about man picking up rubbish...U probably didn't learn much in school.

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2005, 02:43:36 PM »
???

Wham hoss .. yuh loss fuh words or wha?
Wham ... allyuh didn't have a badman english teacher like SHEPPY tuh show allyuh how tuh write an ting?

Ah like how allyuh Naps "men" disappear when is time tuh defend allyuh school and citing wuk an all kinda lame excuse.
Yuh go never see that with Presmen ... dat is why we have that spirit for life.

Offline naparima

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Rishi Travelogue
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2005, 03:01:33 PM »
Congrats to Pres...I hope the administration realise how important football is and don't let it suffer again.  In my time 1987-1994, Football was not just a game, it built comraderie and developed friendships(both pres men and people from other schools despite the rivalry) that are very valuable to me.  

Long time i eh see man fight up about this Pres/Naps scene.  Of course everybody will say that their school is the best regardless of where they went, i.e Pres, Naps, CIC, QRC, Malick, P.Town,Asja,
El Do, etc.

At the end of the day, ALL schools produce good people that are talented or successful, i.e.athletes, scholars, politicians, doctors, dentists,lawyers,etc.  It is just that some schools produce more in one particular area than another.  For example, Pres produce a lot of scholars (both academic and athletic), Malick produce a lot of national players and so on.  I can't say my school is better than Naps because I never attended Naps. However I could say that I was very fortunate to attend 3 of the best schools in South (Walters Kindergarten, San F'do Gov't school and Pres).  I have absolutely no regrets about the 7 years I spent in Pres.  It was a great learning experience because of the family environment.

Pres thought me how to value all people regardless of their position/status in life.  Learning was both in and out of the classroom.  I learned a lot from not only my teachers but others such as the carpenters, the security guard, secretarial staff, etc.

So those of you who want to talk about man picking up rubbish...U probably didn't learn much in school.

Very well said...
As for Potato Totee... over there.......well he has a lot of time on his hands... empty vessels make the loudest noises
<Blurb> Insert Text
</Blurb>

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2005, 03:13:27 PM »
 :rotfl: ... allyuh funny dread.

Iz a good ting ah went Pres ............. dat lemmeh go tuh ah nex hot up institution dat get meh ah couple degrees .... dat get meh ah job dat give meh the tools in meh hand and pocket - an dem tools end up givin meh d time tuh check up on socawarriors.net 24-7.

... an all dat wouldna be possible if it wasn't fuh Pres.

Buh like allyuh say ... is how yuh end up.

ENT

Offline Oz

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2005, 03:26:14 PM »
Well said “Real Madness”. I could not put it better myself.  I guess we have all developed a healthy respect for our opponents from Embacadere as we get older.  We even look back and relish the skirmishes on the football field.  But a little healthy rivalry neva kill nobody…..and yuh know the picong ha to flow like water on dis site.  That is why we always coming on here, and man wife does steups when dey realize we cracking up and laughing “on de Soca Warriors site AGAIN”.

“Rodney”:  what years you went Pres?  I was there from ’73 to ’81.  Good to see you following the fortunes of the world’s greatest school all the way out in the UK.

“Naparima” from Toronto:  news for u breds….both Naps and Pres were in Senior Division in the late 70’s and early 80’s.  Both had great teams that got them out though.  I believe Naps also won out Intercol as a Senior Division team (cannot remember if they won all the way thru National title….somebody help me here).  It included a young man named Leonson Lewis who also played for Bionic Bunch (Steve from Soccerworld was a stalwart on dat team), and later a much beloved team called the Strike Squad.

The game last Saturday was one in the annual Val Turton-Carl Osborne Foundation series of games intended to revive the traditional Pres-Naps rivalry, and to raise funds for university scholarships for student-athletes.  Click here for the website, including pictures of past games, events, history of the Pres-Naps rivalry, etc.
  http://www.turton-osbornefoundation.com/About_Us.htm   
I live in Miami, but I am working in Trinidad for a year, and as such I have the opportunity to see some college football this year (and of course the Soca Warriors home games in the HC Stadium). 

Saturday’s game was the most competitive of the series thus far. Great for Sando football.  Naps are obviously a classy team.  They have good chemistry and understanding of the game, and are technically sound.  I can see how they topped the South Zone again.  They are coached by Richard Nagar a former Naps midfielder from my day.  Pres, coached by Brian John (Jabloteh), is much improved, play a solid brand and display tons of heart out on the field of play.  The team is well-supported by the Principal (Errol Jaikaransingh), and the young group (mostly Form 4 and 5 from what I have been told) respond by showing a lot of that good old Presentation Spirit.  I had the tremendous privilege of addressing the school assembly last Wednesday to promote the game on Saturday, and to “rally the troops”.  The spirit amongst the student body was extremely high.  I almost crack up when I heard one of the chants:  “OLE OLE OLE OLE…..NAPS GAY, NAPS GAY”.  In fact, on Saturday Pres also won the annual prize given to the better Rhythm Section, and also took the MVP award. 

Ironically, this year both teams play each other in the CFL South Zone Intercol first round.  By virtue of the draw, Naps as the Championship Div winners will play the Senior Div winners, Pres at 3 pm on Nov 4th at Manny Ramjohn.  That day is the Eid holiday, and it would be nice to see a great turnout by past students of both colleges to support the youngsters (barring religious obligations of course).

I would like the Pres men on this site to email me with a SHORT message or a FEW words of encouragement to pass on to the team.  Send emails to gerardosborne@bellsouth.net    Don’t forget to put your name and year.

By de way, Pres v Naps Over 40 is next month at Manny Ramjohn Stadium.  Was supposed to be Nov 12th, but they couldn’t get FIFA to postpone the T&T/Bahrain game so it hadda be later in de month.  Stay tuned.  Ah hope me bong up foot heal fully by then.  Naps practicing hard, playing Fatima Over 40 and ting, but is still cut arse fuh dem.

BRING OUT DE BROOM….WE SWEEPING NAPS THIS YEAR.

PRESENTATION FOREVER.

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2005, 03:45:58 PM »
O Lady of Presentation,
For us we bid thee pray,
That college days may be of worth,
While we our time abide on earth,
And trials face each day.

As students of Presentation,
We pledge to ever be,
Brave soldiers in the bitter strife,
For self-assertion in this life,
And men of dignity.

It matters little where we roam
In the years that lie ahead,
The knowledge that we here acquire,
Shall help our nation to aspire,
For we are men sincere.

Majestic on its verdant hill,
Our school o'erlooks the sea,
It stands a monument to those,
Who all their life to serve it chose,
That it fore'er may be.

Offline Oz

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2005, 03:59:54 PM »
Poti yuh make meh pores raise wid da post boy.

Ah copy it and save it.

1]; } ?>