June 08, 2024, 05:56:01 PM

Author Topic: 2012 Caribbean Cup Thread (round 2).  (Read 30243 times)

Offline happy go lucky

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Caribbean Cup Thread.
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2012, 04:43:02 PM »
i dont think the 10th is a fifa sanctioned date.the 12th through the 16th is for sure notsure about the tenth though. cool i here you my dude but the fact remains we are a weakened bunch in resilience and actual football prowess. its sad to think that a team that went to the world cup, drew with sewden and gave england and paraguay a run for their lives cannot pull off convincing victories over regional opponents. how the mighty have fallen.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2012, 05:30:28 PM »
i dont think the 10th is a fifa sanctioned date.the 12th through the 16th is for sure notsure about the tenth though. cool i here you my dude but the fact remains we are a weakened bunch in resilience and actual football prowess. its sad to think that a team that went to the world cup, drew with sewden and gave england and paraguay a run for their lives cannot pull off convincing victories over regional opponents. how the mighty have fallen.
Breds, it's the international break, and it's starts right after the last club game which is on sunday the seventh, after that it's the break, it's just that most games take place on the 12th, but the 10th is part of the international break.

BTW, i have faith in tony hartford and lennox watson, yeh watson was part of the TTFF for yrs, but as we all know camps was the prez and jack ran the show, IMO any man who could make ah stand against jack orders and go to war with jack is ah man with some morals and a step in the right direction.

ppl would say that hartford and watson should have spoken up a long time ago, but i say whenever it happens, whether sooner or later, fact remains it happened and we are trying to improve and make strides in the right direction.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2012, 10:19:24 AM »
Saint Kitts and Nevis squad
http://sknfa.com/?p=2311

Only real surprise to me is there is no Tishan Hanley and maybe Keithroy Richards.  Looks a relatively young team and neither of the Saddlers or Keith Gumbs is there either.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 10:22:44 AM by theworm2345 »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2012, 10:35:40 AM »

Only real surprise to me is there is no Tishan Hanley and maybe Keithroy Richards.  Looks a relatively young team and neither of the Saddlers or Keith Gumbs is there either.
Are any of these guys presently playing in euriope?

what about french giuana, are they coming with a european contingent, could you please post their squad?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 10:37:16 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2012, 11:53:25 AM »

Are any of these guys presently playing in euriope?

what about french giuana, are they coming with a european contingent, could you please post their squad?
Yes, Robinson, Sawyers, Liburd, and Moses all play in England.  Sawyers is in West Brom's reserve team and the other three play non-league football (I'd say a little bit higher than where Luke Gullick was playing but not quite as high as Jake Thomson).  Grier was also in West Brom's reserves but last I heard was playing in third tier (or something like that) in Sweden.  Atiba Harris plays in MLS.  One other omission I missed before is Jevon Francis, who was at one point on the books (or had a trial at least) of Cadiz in Spain along with Harris.  The Isaac brothers are also notable omissions that I missed before -- they're also a bit older.

I haven't seen French Guiana's squad yet, the only player I have seen confirmed is Florent Malouda's brother Lesly who plays in Ligue 2 for Dijon (was in Ligue 1 last year).  I don't think Ludovic Baal (Ligue 2) or Roy Contout (Ligue 1), who have both been capped before, are going.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 12:01:04 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2012, 09:33:48 PM »
So now that we are contesting this thing, what does our squad look like?
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2012, 09:34:13 AM »
I haven't seen French Guiana's squad yet, the only player I have seen confirmed is Florent Malouda's brother Lesly who plays in Ligue 2 for Dijon (was in Ligue 1 last year).  I don't think Ludovic Baal (Ligue 2) or Roy Contout (Ligue 1), who have both been capped before, are going.
Turns out Baal will be joining the team.  They had contacted Contout and Sloan Privat (also in Ligue 1), but I don't think they are going to play...both are strikers.  Their biggest issue has been their defense, and with Baal and Malouda that could well be much less of an issue.

Having seen the final T&T squad (as I said, there would be dropouts), I honestly don't believe it is that much stronger than St. Kitts' current squad.

T&T Squad:

GK - Marvin Phillip (Central FC), Jan-Michael Williams (W Connection)

DF - Daneil Cyrus (W Connection), Joevin Jones (W Connection), Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force), Carlyle Mitchell (Vancouver Whitecaps), Robert Primus (FC Aktobe), Kareem Moses (North East Stars), Seon Power (North East Stars)

MF - Hughtun Hector (Song Lam Nghe), Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA), Clyde Leon (W Connection), Kevon Carter (Defence Force), Kevon Neaves (T&TEC), Sylvester Teesdale (T&TEC), Keon Daniel (Philadelphia Union)

FW - Willis Plaza (Song Lam Nghe), Richard Roy (Defence Force), Devorn Jorsling (Defence Force), Jamal Gay (Caledonia AIA)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 09:44:59 AM by theworm2345 »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2012, 10:29:34 AM »
For the love of TnT why do we keep  going to battle with a mediocre squad?  We are not at the point to dominate  even the smallest of nations.
Bring our very best beat up teams build some confidence and some winning tradition. We have shown that our  pro-league players are not up to  beating Guyana- and that was with overseas in the mix!!!!
Surely we have players out there with more proven talent? wha happen we cyar make ah pitch fuh Deleon?
Birchall must ah lay some real bull on some men women that he cyar get ah invite back?

Come on people then when we fail the minister  go say he eh want tuh fund underachievers? How we go battle without bonafide players?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2012, 11:16:19 AM »
I don't like the sound of this, i getting the same feeling i had with guyana and the last degicel cup, i hope i'm wrong.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2012, 12:46:57 PM »
Did tony harford sever ties with the TTFF and MOS? got the tail end of andre baptiste show and wasn't sure what was taking place.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2012, 02:01:45 PM »
I don't like the sound of this, i getting the same feeling i had with guyana and the last degicel cup, i hope i'm wrong.
:rotfl: Just like that all of your confidence is gone?  Personally, I'm looking forward to it, should be a very interesting group.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2012, 02:17:53 PM »
Interesting doh win games!!!!!!! come on people list who you think are the very best players available to represent TnT playing abroad except the goalkeeprs:

Defence;

MF:

Fw:

Go ahead list all them players who gone on trials who playing at a higher  level than proleague who supposedly are warriors outside TnT. Seriuos we want a squad who go drive fear in teh opposition not one who is ripe for the pickings?  Look what we come to? use to be ah time we would sit back and watch these teams fight it out  until they get to the stage to face we now we eh even sure we could beat them teams. Why the TTFF eh give Fenwick ah chance  to coach teh national team? the one foreign coach who understand we players and we culture and we cyar  give this man ah chance?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2012, 04:19:38 PM »
:rotfl: Just like that all of your confidence is gone?  Personally, I'm looking forward to it, should be a very interesting group.
Why, like you eh see iz four top players gone from the roster or what, and who's there are not suitable replacements. hyland , molino, julius james and darryl roberts two of our best midfielders and our main goal scoring threat all gone from the team sheet.

i find this to be very disturbing. if they don't want to use our best players then why not call up some other players who would have an impact, this is an international break, so why couldn't we have @ least half of our best players on the field.

even man like kendell jagdeosingh, akile de faitas, osie telesford, the yute from the concacaf champions league from W connection (totally forgot his name , but he was ah real threat) leston paul, cornell glenn,  even carlos and kenwyne could have made the trip since kenwyne eh getting no sweat for stoke, but why go with ah heavy contingent of locals?

them boy already show that they does struggle with small island teams who are now using all the available foreign based options, why none of our local football administrators can't see that our local boys eh able wid caribbean teams no mo, especially when they using uuro and MLS players against us?

PS: i have 0 confidence in jorling and jamal gay, not that they are not good, but them is the same men we went to the digicel cup with and they failed to score any goals.

why trust them again, what have they done differently to afford them with this task. even man like gary glasgow the throw away king does put up better numbers than the both of them combined.  this is madness.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 04:23:56 PM by just cool »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2012, 04:29:40 PM »
Interesting doh win games!!!!!!! come on people list who you think are the very best players available to represent TnT playing abroad except the goalkeeprs:

Defence;

MF:

Fw:

Go ahead list all them players who gone on trials who playing at a higher  level than proleague who supposedly are warriors outside TnT. Seriuos we want a squad who go drive fear in teh opposition not one who is ripe for the pickings?  Look what we come to? use to be ah time we would sit back and watch these teams fight it out  until they get to the stage to face we now we eh even sure we could beat them teams. Why the TTFF eh give Fenwick ah chance  to coach teh national team? the one foreign coach who understand we players and we culture and we cyar  give this man ah chance?

We @ least need to win two of these games, and have a goal average of better than +3 to stay in this competition, now i only see them beating anguilla, i think they could draw against st kitts  and french guyana, and in that case we out just like that, bc both st kitts and FG have uero based coming on baord, thai is real bad strategy on the behalf of the TTFF and we could have had the services of the foreign based bc it's an international break.  :pissedoff:.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2012, 11:43:41 AM »
Eh worm, did you ever get a hold of french guiana full squad? i have a real bad feeling about this yaw.  :worried:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2012, 12:51:54 PM »
Eh worm, did you ever get a hold of french guiana full squad? i have a real bad feeling about this yaw.  :worried:

Hold tight. Gimme a sec. I can tell you that the squad includes Malouda ;).

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2012, 12:52:53 PM »
... his brother Lesly. Doh fret.  :devil:

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2012, 04:05:18 PM »
Not yet, the site that usually has coverage of the team has been surprisingly quiet...maybe they will have something tomorrow morning.  Only players I heard so far are Lesly Malouda and Ludovic Baal...I could probably guess much of the rest of it though.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 04:15:05 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2012, 10:33:15 PM »
It seems Jean-Claude Darcheville, who used to play for Nottingham Forest, Bordeaux, Lorient, and I think Glasgow Rangers, is fit.  Not sure if he's in the squad though.  Not sure why he wouldn't be, as he was initially in the squad for the Coupe de l'Outre-mer but had to pull out through injury.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2012, 06:10:43 AM »
Not yet, the site that usually has coverage of the team has been surprisingly quiet...maybe they will have something tomorrow morning.  Only players I heard so far are Lesly Malouda and Ludovic Baal...I could probably guess much of the rest of it though.

The squad is reasonably predictable in that it should feature the cohort from the Coupe de l'Outre-mer ... barring any players who step aside to make way for more experienced players.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 06:21:57 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2012, 09:14:08 AM »
The squad is reasonably predictable in that it should feature the cohort from the Coupe de l'Outre-mer ... barring any players who step aside to make way for more experienced players.
I still can't find a complete squad but I was right about Baal, Malouda, and Darcheville being in it.
http://www.franceguyane.fr/actualite/sports/coupe-caribeenne-de-football-ce-soir-la-guyane-au-pied-du-mur-trinidadien-140701.php

Other than that your assumption about the Coupe de l'Outre-mer squad might be correct, though they didn't do so well there so there may be some changes.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 09:17:09 AM by theworm2345 »

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2012, 11:14:46 AM »
Turns out they have 6 overseas players + Darcheville.  The six are Baal, Malouda, Gary Marigard (plays at basically reserve team level in France), Necki Adipi (same level), Marvin Torvic (plays or played in college in the US), then one other guy named Albert whose full name I couldn't really pick up from the French TV report.  I think he is at the same level as Adipi and Marigard.

EDIT: Could be Albert Ajaiso.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 11:28:44 AM by theworm2345 »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2012, 12:12:19 PM »
Turns out they have 6 overseas players + Darcheville.  The six are Baal, Malouda, Gary Marigard (plays at basically reserve team level in France), Necki Adipi (same level), Marvin Torvic (plays or played in college in the US), then one other guy named Albert whose full name I couldn't really pick up from the French TV report.  I think he is at the same level as Adipi and Marigard.

EDIT: Could be Albert Ajaiso.
What iz reserve level? is it like the equivelant of the conference league in england or the chasmpionship, or reserve as in a reserve team for a league one club ? be ah little more specific.

BTW, we not winning this game , that's for sure, we eh beating no damn fench side with a local squad, they shoulda just bring in an all french team and dun, this is getting sickening now, why do they even belong in concacaf, these teams should be playing in comebol bc they are on the south american mainland, why does comebol consist mainly of spanish countries?

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2012, 03:47:14 PM »
lets go tnt...show your class.....

tnt tnt tnt tnt tnt tnt
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2012, 03:56:34 PM »
What iz reserve level? is it like the equivelant of the conference league in england or the chasmpionship, or reserve as in a reserve team for a league one club ? be ah little more specific.

BTW, we not winning this game , that's for sure, we eh beating no damn fench side with a local squad, they shoulda just bring in an all french team and dun, this is getting sickening now, why do they even belong in concacaf, these teams should be playing in comebol bc they are on the south american mainland, why does comebol consist mainly of spanish countries?
I would say probably slightly below Conference level.  In France (like in Spain) the teams from Ligue 1 and 2 have reserve teams that play in the league with regular clubs below a certain level.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 10, 2012, 07:53:31 PM »
Well we're over the first hurdle in pursuit of a gold cup appearance, 8 more to go.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 11, 2012, 05:29:34 AM »
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2012, 05:15:56 PM »
French Guiana currently leading 3-1 over Anguilla, 2nd half.

Finished 4-1.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 05:53:37 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2012, 12:00:54 AM »
T&T 9 (+14)
French Guiana 6 (+3)
Saint Kitts and Nevis 3 (-2)
Anguilla 0 (-15)

So I definitely underestimated T&T coming in, I thought they would be in for much more of a fight (though I did say they would probably still advance).  Well done.

I was also wrong about Saint Kitts, I think their finishing is what really let them down.  Anguilla did OK for the most part it seemed and from what the commentators were saying the conditions on the pitch played some part in T&T demolishing them.  I was I think more right about French Guiana though.

Call me Nostradumbass  :P

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2012, 12:09:16 PM »
Final First Round Group kicks off tonight with, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Curacao, and Guyana competing.

1]; } ?>