August 31, 2024, 11:35:18 PM

Author Topic: Olympic players planning boycott.  (Read 7317 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Olympic players planning boycott.
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2012, 05:05:54 PM »
Remember when Sancho et al fight for some water and tape to tape dey foot? They was greedy mercenary too.  :-\
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2012, 06:00:45 PM »
Remember when Sancho et al fight for some water and tape to tape dey foot? They was greedy mercenary too.  :-\

Sancho et al were already established players. They had viable careers to go back to. They had another outlet to be seen and scouted etc. Sancho himself said it. Many talented and viable youths got blacklisted after taking strike action. We will never know what they could have achieved. What did the strike action achieve? What changes really took place. After all is said and done is the football on the field that suffers.

Now we want to support strike action at this crucial time for this bunch who've been together since 13. This group of players have been successful.With an imploding TTFF this group of players is going to find opportunity limited at this time and possibly in the future. The Olympics is easily the biggest competition these players may play in. Some of them still in university and may find opportunities in pro football limited and quit the game. Let somebody else fight this one. I hope their parents and guardians sway them away from any strike action.

I am in no way agreeing with the TTFF but when you hear people like Drogba, Kalou and other African players claim that they only started playing football because the football clubs offered them hot meals and place to sleep then that really puts life into perspective. It's not always about the money. That could always be resolved. They need to take this shot. let somebody else take this fight on.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 07:17:36 PM by congo »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2012, 06:54:06 PM »

Sancho et al had viable careers to go back to. They had another outlet to be seen and scouted etc. What about this bunch of under 23 players. The Olympics is easily the biggest competition these players may play in. Some of them still in university and may find opportunities in pro football limited and quit the game. Let somebody else fight this one. I hope these men parents and guardians sway them away from any strike action.

Yeah play 4 all yuh 200 enjoy d trip in Cali. Hope sumbuddy she all yuh and get a lil contract.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2012, 07:00:06 PM »

Yeah play 4 all yuh 200 enjoy d trip in Cali. Hope sumbuddy she all yuh and get a lil contract.

And the alternative is strike, get blacklisted, not go to the Olympics and end up wasting away somewhere? Nobody going to fight to get you back on the team. I am in no way against striking. I supported the world cup players who striked because I know they would be okay. They have careers to go back to. We're asking to much from a "Junior' team.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 07:15:04 PM by congo »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2012, 08:00:25 PM »

And the alternative is strike, get blacklisted, not go to the Olympics and end up wasting away somewhere? Nobody going to fight to get you back on the team. I am in no way against striking. I supported the world cup players who striked because I know they would be okay. They have careers to go back to. We're asking to much from a "Junior' team.

Ah hope when they getting "Sanduskied"  ;D  that the TTFF remember they are "Juniors".
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

truetrini

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2012, 08:07:22 PM »

Ah hope when they getting "Sanduskied"  ;D  that the TTFF remember they are "Juniors".

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha  elan yuh come real good here.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2012, 08:24:25 PM »

Lol, they supposed to turn around and smile because he taking dem to movies later.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2012, 08:50:46 PM »
It's only funny because it's not our careers at stake here so we could all joke about it. This action would be more damaging to the players than to the federation.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 09:02:55 PM by congo »

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2012, 09:17:02 PM »
They are very unhappy with the way the TTFF is treating them.

They are also unhappy with the pay they are getting which almost half of the amount is going towards food and transportation.

Under 23 players getting $200 TT dollars for a game while the TTFF members getting big dollars despite the cry they make in public to fool the public. Dont be fooled guys, the staff is not working for free and they get theres.

I will keep you guys updated on the matter, but some players is really vex.

Anil Roberts yesterday gave the assurance that neither the national Under-23 footballers nor other national teams will suffer from the fall out between the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) and former players.

This is the same speech given every year at these award functions. Just telling the audience what they want to hear and get a long round of applause. But in reality nothing is implemented.

The Minister of Sport, the TTFF and SPORTT is doing everything else but helping sport in this country and our leaders are not doing anything about it.

Imagine Cricket is not an Olympic Sport and fund is abundant but other sports which are under the Olympic umbrella the athletes have to fund themselves in competition to represent the country even though they bring home medals and glory.

where big and bad in cricket Insider ,If 20 20 cricket get in the olympics ,we could get a GOLD medal.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2012, 09:20:55 PM »
It's only funny because it's not our careers at stake here so we could all joke about it. This action would be more damaging to the players than to the federation.

U know what sad u actually blieve what u type.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2012, 10:04:42 PM »
How about they strike and then in 3-5 years we do a "where are they now' thread and let us all reminisce and speak about 'lost potential" and 'what ifs".
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 10:07:24 PM by congo »

truetrini

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2012, 10:18:43 PM »
How about they strike and then in 3-5 years we do a "where are they now' thread and let us all reminisce and speak about 'lost potential" and 'what ifs".

congo I hearing yuh he, but leh me ask yuh something.

If yuh had a wedding to go to in 2 months, and is someone near and dear to you, yuh arrange de wedding dinner, drinks, and yuh have to give ah speech, but right now yuh have ah rotten tooth.  what yuh go do?

Most logical thinking people go say ah going to de dentist, de pain de inconvenience and meh health fuss.

Yuh he going to wait until after de wedding right?

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2012, 11:12:30 PM »
I understand we need to purge the system and the time is right for that. But at the same time me and you can't just pick up the phone and call Arsene, Alex or Pep and say you have a gifted and talented player from laventille or Point Fortin who they should take a look at. I believe we should take all chances and all opportunities that come our way. When we look at the 2001 under 17 team, there's not much to claim in terms of successful footballers. This is a team that went to a World Cup and had the eyes of the world on them and its players still struggled to get noticed. It's tough out here

truetrini

« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2012, 11:14:54 PM »
I understand we need to purge the system and the time is right for that. But at the same time me and you can't just pick up the phone and call Arsene, Alex or Pep and say you have a gifted and talented player from laventille or Point Fortin who they should take a look at. I believe we should take all chances and all opportunities that come our way. When we look at the 2001 under 17 team, there's not much to claim in terms of successful footballers. This is a team that went to a World Cup and had the eyes of the world on them and its players still struggled to get noticed. It's tough out here

The truth is we have players who not even on the team getting noticed and getting contracts and opportunities.

There is no stopping momentum.  It has to happen and they will use any excuse to make us skip a beat.  gotta keep on rolling.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2012, 12:28:38 AM »
CONGO you know how much Lost potential and what ifs it had  before you ,listen youth change is coming and it cannot be stopped ,it would not be stopped . CONGO You think anybody here glad this is happening to you and your teammates ? no they are not .   
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2012, 12:52:33 AM »
I eh lying boy, the woss thing i ever do this decade is tuh start following T&T football all over again after i give them ah ress in 2001 when they flunk out of the hex.

i didn't stopped bc they failed to qualify for the WC, but rather for the fact that they always start late to prepare for these tourneys, and there's no continuum in T&T football from ever since, just ah constant stop and go with no long term planning.

i really didn't need this in my life so i stopped fackin wid T&T football for 4 yrs, until ah breddren of mine came to my  yard  and convinced me that things was changing for the better and looking up and we are going to the WC 2006 (which we did), but as we see, after 2006 there was ah continual free fall,ah pattern that we just can't get out of.

when i sit and think about it, the more i come to the conclusion that trinidad is real bad fackin news all around,(sort of like fallin in love wid ah pretty face sketell with a bad attitude, zero domestic skills, no manners and an insatiable appetite for miscellaneous c@ck! ah lose lose situation all round, not to mention embarrassment across de board.).

i think the best thing for me to do now is cut my losses and leave these clueless mad fackin ppl and they mismanagement bound to fail aim low culture alone yes, after all, is only so much disappointment ah fella could take before "fack it!" might be the only viable option. these ppl real fackin loss boy! lord put ah hand.

nah man jus cool... you pick the right time to be a football supporter in T&T.

I never thought I woulda see de day this pack of cards would fall down.
Well now it coming down all around them. The longest rope have an end.
Better is coming. Hold the faith.

:beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2012, 01:14:08 AM »
The collapse is coming. It's inevitable but we should try and limit the casualties.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2012, 01:26:23 AM »
The collapse is coming. It's inevitable but we should try and limit the casualties.

D scene is who eh dead go b badly wounded.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2012, 01:45:16 AM »
The collapse coming. Play the football. The money go come. If not this week, then the week after or month after or the year after. It take Sancho and them 6 years.Every rope has its end. I never thought I'd see the day when Jack is treated like a dog in the Unc and men toting fridge and microwave out of the TTFF.

Let them boys and them go to the Olympics. If we have to create a fund to pay their salaries and have cake sale then so be it. Any action taken from now on must hurt the executive and the administrators alone. Let them feel it now. No more falling on swords by the players. No more casualties.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 02:00:11 AM by congo »

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2012, 07:17:41 PM »
TT U-23 3 (Gay 48th, Caesar 60th, Roget 77th) vs Guyana 1 (Moore 20th (pen))
An improved performance.
Live large and prosper!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2012, 07:19:30 PM »
Congrats to the boys and Angus.

Offline Tierra

• Jr. Warrior
  • Football unites
    • View Profile