March 28, 2024, 07:59:38 PM

Author Topic: Central Bank to launch $50 note  (Read 7860 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Central Bank to launch $50 note
« on: June 15, 2012, 07:20:15 AM »
Source Trinidad Express

Central Bank to launch $50 note

Story Created: Jun 14, 2012 at 10:50 PM ECT

Story Updated: Jun 14, 2012 at 10:50 PM ECT

Trinidad and Tobago is getting new money.

The Central Bank will launch a new $50 currency note on June 20 at the bank's main concourse in Port of Spain.

The note is being issued to commemorate Trinidad and Tobago's 50th independence anniversary, an invitation to the launch said.

The country already uses $1, $5, $10, $20 and $100 notes as well as coins as currency.

The Central Bank also recently offered for sale Diamond Jubilee coins.

Coins were minted to commemorate the 60th anniversary of Queen Elizabeth II's reign.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Central Bank to launch $50 note
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 05:29:18 PM »
Bck 2 d future. Who remember we had a 50 bill b4?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 06:01:25 PM »

Ent it was a massive theft of 50 dollar bills & counterfeit bills in circulation, that force them to take it out of circulation
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 05:30:58 AM »

Ent it was a massive theft of 50 dollar bills & counterfeit bills in circulation, that force them to take it out of circulation

Or hor.....I thought it had a $50 bill before.  It was before my time but I heard people talk about it.......
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 06:31:14 AM »

CORRECT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 06:32:25 AM »

Or hor.....I thought it had a $50 bill before.  It was before my time but I heard people talk about it.......

My time eh so long b4 yuh time. I was in primary school when it had d 50 bill.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 08:51:59 AM »

Yes i remember them, they were brown in color. i also remembered something about a german that stole or embezzled some good millions well in $50, there was also some counterfeit scandal with them, so they were discontinued.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 09:02:16 AM »

Yes i remember them, they were brown in color. i also remembered something about a german that stole or embezzled some good millions well in $50, there was also some counterfeit scandal with them, so they were discontinued.

Dais right JC, they found the cuonterfeit racket in a house in Claxton Bay.

What I remember was that in the night under the yellow in candescent light it use to look just like a dollar bill and many people make expensive mistake.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2012, 10:04:44 AM »

Dais right JC, they found the cuonterfeit racket in a house in Claxton Bay.

What I remember was that in the night under the yellow in candescent light it use to look just like a dollar bill and many people make expensive mistake.
BTW, did they ever caught up with that german?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2012, 11:46:55 AM »

From what I remembered they caught 3 trinis but not too sure about the German
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2012, 03:26:15 PM »
i could see rel argument takin place in taxi now..

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2012, 05:54:56 PM »

My time eh so long b4 yuh time. I was in primary school when it had d 50 bill.

I neva see one ah dem $50....neva ah tell yuh....now ah seeing dey were brown.  I neva knew we had a brown bill....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2012, 09:57:57 AM »
So wha color dis bill go end up being?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2012, 10:12:17 AM »
JC...the $50-dollar bill wasn't brown, Jed, it was straight up red, just like the single......I was too young to know 'bout de counterfeit thing, but I thought they stopped circulating it because of the mass cunfusion it was causing with people mistaking one bill for the other.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2012, 10:47:13 AM »
JC...the $50-dollar bill wasn't brown, Jed, it was straight up red, just like the single......I was too young to know 'bout de counterfeit thing, but I thought they stopped circulating it because of the mass cunfusion it was causing with people mistaking one bill for the other.

I remember de bill, and it was brown.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2012, 12:31:49 PM »

Dize why dey discontinue it......because ah people like me! (rubs eyes, blinks....wondering why maxi driver look so happy as he drop meh orff.)  :beermug:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2012, 01:50:20 PM »
Anyone recall the year ATMs were introduced?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2012, 01:55:56 PM »

Arond 84/85 was in form 4/5 in school

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2012, 10:35:35 PM »

Arond 84/85 was in form 4/5 in school

Hmm, I dunno ... was thinking slightly earlier than that.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2012, 12:54:33 AM »
I see the old governor's signature of the central bank "victor bruce" on the fifty. then his replacement the other governor "uric bob" signature is on the single.  those days were some fun fun fun days.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 12:56:25 AM by just cool »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2012, 06:33:26 AM »
this is one jokey post :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2012, 07:52:05 AM »

Dize why dey discontinue it......because ah people like me! (rubs eyes, blinks....wondering why maxi driver look so happy as he drop meh orff.)  :beermug:

well to be fair twas ah kinda rust brown,,but if dat tie yuh up, I eh know how you does function in de states dey when all de money is one colour especially in dark places
bout 8 years ago I get tie up and end up puttin six $20 bills on a dancer in de spearmint rhino...to this day dat loss does still bodder mih

seeker ah barely remember de first ATM was called 'Mary Anne'...only because they had a catchy jingle in tv advertising it
must have been the late 70's
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2012, 07:55:30 AM »
Apparently, today the $50 commemorative coins went on sale at 8 a.m. at Central Bank. A lady arrived at 8.30 and was 7th in line. When she got to the counter, she was informed that they had sold out!

What kind of madness is this? I believe they were limited to a certain number per customer. So, did they only make 50 of this coins, or were they reserved or circulated to VIPs before the issue date?

Another example of elitist T&T.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2012, 03:29:34 PM »
Apparently, today the $50 commemorative coins went on sale at 8 a.m. at Central Bank. A lady arrived at 8.30 and was 7th in line. When she got to the counter, she was informed that they had sold out!

What kind of madness is this? I believe they were limited to a certain number per customer. So, did they only make 50 of this coins, or were they reserved or circulated to VIPs before the issue date?

Another example of elitist T&T.
Amen brother!!!!!! yuh fackin learning.

there is more ridiculous sh!t in the bag waiting tuh turn yuh totally off, trust meh you eh see nutten yet. and folks does wonder why i will never live in that place again, it's bc of the bullsh!t these ppl could put you through.

bad service, bombastic arseh@les in positions of power who have no pride in their work whatsoever, lack of excellence and no one seems to care if that's the case or not. on the other side of the coin, just absolutely exclusive, elitist and xenophobic dipped in nepotism, and the pawns just puts up with it and mosey on along like it's not happening right under their noses.

that place does drive me nuts boy.   :frustrated:
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 03:40:56 PM by just cool »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2012, 05:09:51 PM »

well to be fair twas ah kinda rust brown,,but if dat tie yuh up, I eh know how you does function in de states dey when all de money is one colour especially in dark places
bout 8 years ago I get tie up and end up puttin six $20 bills on a dancer in de spearmint rhino...to this day dat loss does still bodder mih

seeker ah barely remember de first ATM was called 'Mary Anne'...only because they had a catchy jingle in tv advertising it
must have been the late 70's

seriously though , I find it does really look red, or at least, a shade of red when yuh lookin' at it by itself, but once yuh bring de one dollar bill into view, is a different story.  :D Ah did never slip and mistake one fuh de other back in de day, though.  American money have the some colour but dize it....each of them have they own totally different design and even certain things about their shades of green is different....the $10 bill is a greyish green....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2012, 09:31:53 PM »
I thought fishs or TT would be able to shed some light on the ATM thing ...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2012, 05:23:17 AM »
I thought fishs or TT would be able to shed some light on the ATM thing ...

I don't know when the first one was installed but I remember an ad for Mary Anne in the early 80's, I think.  It was a Workers Bank (I think) machine.  Workers Bank along with National Commercial Bank (NCB) and Co-operative bank eventually became First Citizen's Bank (FCB).
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2012, 07:25:40 AM »
Did they launch the note yet? i would like to see what the new $50 looks like.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2012, 05:34:54 PM »
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 11:21:36 AM by Bourbon »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2012, 07:31:31 PM »
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

1]; } ?>