June 08, 2024, 12:39:00 PM

Author Topic: THA Election Discussion topic...  (Read 28869 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: THA Election Discussion topic...
« Reply #180 on: January 22, 2013, 12:38:48 PM »

NNNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Jumbie, all the people I spoke with share the same view that if an "independent" TOP fought this election on its own the the landslide would have been reversed.  Trust mih, this morning is London who would have been crying instead of Ashworth.

In the early days of the race the polls were close.  But as time went by and the TOP allowed the UNCites to control the message they really turned people off with their vulgar campaign.  Jumbie, yuh had to be here to experience it.  And I was really only exposed to the ads on radio and TV.  Being in Tobago was a hellish experience especially in the last 3 weeks.  I was there for 3 days and by day two I was fed up....

The bombardment was really offensive to Tobagonians.

On top of which the PM and Jackula and big mouth Anil decided to insert themselves into the TOP campaign and did more damage than anything else.  Imagine Kamla stand up on a platform and slander Denise Tsoi-a-Fatt-Angus the PNM PRO.  Anybody who knows Tobago knows that the Tsoi-a-Fatts are a well known prominent family.  Why de arse she do that??!!

So before the bell rang, people were already wary of Ashworth and his pumpkin house and the questions surrounding the source of funds to build it.  When Tobagonians saw the level of spending on the campaign the questions didn't go away they just grew to the point where people were convinced that he must have sold out the UNC and become a puppet.  So what would happen if he took over the THA?

Well, we eh wait to try ah thing and see what go happen.  We did that in 2010 and up to know we ketching we nenen to put back the creatures in the Pandora's box from whence they came.....

Kamla and the two Jack-arses have no one else to blame for the loss but themselves......

Yuh sure yuh eh wrong?  This election eh had nutten to do wid de PP and dem... it was all about Tobagonians loving dey Orville.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 22, 2013, 12:59:27 PM »
Brown

Yuh eh tell meh Kams say section 34 had nutten 2 do wit Tbgo. All yuh independent ah ready and u eh tell meh. Nxt time I comin I need to walk with meh Passport

Yes girl it was in there with all the other gems she uttered during this campaign.....taking Tobagonians for fools!!!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #182 on: January 22, 2013, 01:21:35 PM »
Tobago is not Trinidad. The PNM may be somewhat energized now but the situation on the ground in Trinidad hasn't just changed overnight. The result will also have the impact of uniting the UNC et al, they're not going to be complacent. Rowley has to be level headed and put things into perspective. He must be vigorous but deliberate in his leadership. He has to show his readiness and that of the party as whole as a viable alternative.  He does have the benefit of government supplying more than enough fodder to utilize. Dissatisfaction does not automatically convert into support however. He and the party still have a lot of work to do.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 22, 2013, 01:30:06 PM »
Tobago is not Trinidad. The PNM may be somewhat energized now but the situation on the ground in Trinidad hasn't just changed overnight. The result will also have the impact of uniting the UNC et al, they're not going to be complacent. Rowley has to be level headed and put things into perspective. He must be vigorous but deliberate in his leadership. He has to show his readiness and that of the party as whole as a viable alternative.  He does have the benefit of government supplying more than enough fodder to utilize. Dissatisfaction does not automatically convert into support however. He and the party still have a lot of work to do.

so you mean all this love for (pop corn prime minister) Orville won't transcend into victory for the PNM in general elections?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 22, 2013, 01:51:47 PM »

so you mean all this love for (pop corn prime minister) Orville won't transcend into victory for the PNM in general elections?

D VICTORY for the PNM will b because of the PP taking all of us 4 fools.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 22, 2013, 02:04:29 PM »

still tryin to understand d love ting u on about, dat ent have nutten to do wit nuttin................I tink is one highly untenable situation being chosen over another, which is a huge indicator of the mess this country finds itself in leadership wise
I pity the fool....

truetrini

« Reply #186 on: January 22, 2013, 02:16:29 PM »
Ah hear yuh weary ... but if the PNM handles its business properly it will force the PP/UNC to go through yet another period of dismantling, separation and restructuring come the results of the next General Election (assuming there's one).

what suggestions yuh have for the PNM handling they business right?

Inbox me if yuh feel more comfortable.

truetrini

« Reply #187 on: January 22, 2013, 02:18:35 PM »
Btw.....anybody see Warmonga??   :devil: ;D

Trying to cash in he ticket to Tobago. Some fool call on I95 and say Indians eh welcome in Tobago and he eh go be coming.

ent just before the elections dey was saying is only Indians does be on dem planes?  Now is Indian not welcome?  lol

too funny, and I hope people NOW seeing the side where the most amount of racism coming from!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 22, 2013, 02:24:21 PM »

NNNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Jumbie, all the people I spoke with share the same view that if an "independent" TOP fought this election on its own the the landslide would have been reversed.  Trust mih, this morning is London who would have been crying instead of Ashworth.

In the early days of the race the polls were close.  But as time went by and the TOP allowed the UNCites to control the message they really turned people off with their vulgar campaign.  Jumbie, yuh had to be here to experience it.  And I was really only exposed to the ads on radio and TV.  Being in Tobago was a hellish experience especially in the last 3 weeks.  I was there for 3 days and by day two I was fed up....

The bombardment was really offensive to Tobagonians.

On top of which the PM and Jackula and big mouth Anil decided to insert themselves into the TOP campaign and did more damage than anything else.  Imagine Kamla stand up on a platform and slander Denise Tsoi-a-Fatt-Angus the PNM PRO.  Anybody who knows Tobago knows that the Tsoi-a-Fatts are a well known prominent family.  Why de arse she do that??!!

So before the bell rang, people were already wary of Ashworth and his pumpkin house and the questions surrounding the source of funds to build it.  When Tobagonians saw the level of spending on the campaign the questions didn't go away they just grew to the point where people were convinced that he must have sold out the UNC and become a puppet.  So what would happen if he took over the THA?

Well, we eh wait to try ah thing and see what go happen.  We did that in 2010 and up to know we ketching we nenen to put back the creatures in the Pandora's box from whence they came.....

Kamla and the two Jack-arses have no one else to blame for the loss but themselves......

And is exactly that.

Manning paid the price for how he treat Rowley (a Tobagonian) and dey vote against him.

Kamla now come IN Tobago and bad talk Rowley.....and just running slander and propaganda....you feel Tobagonians taking that just so?
The Sandy incident.....incidents of violence...all kinda madness. Worse yet you seeing PP style governance...and add to the fact that no matter what Ashworth staying in line....condoning wrong and follies. Den the house...the denial..ducking and skirting around the issue.

Tobagonians eh taking that so. And Tobagonians does back Tobagonians...through thick and thin...so the PP tactic of demonizing Rowley backfire.The disrespect of meeting with Jack bypassing the Chief Secretary....even down to the political atmosphere in the opening of the UTT psuedo campus. In addition....Ashworth Jack wasnt really seen as an intelligent leader....as compared to London who was highly involved in education in Tobago. Add to that you see Kamla all over with Jack....trying to mamaguy people...implictly letting people wonder who really would be in charge. PNM left London to run the show..even in meetings...if Rowley speaking...he speaking short and before Orville London...showing that London is the PNM leader in Tobago.

Tobagonians eh necessarily say they want PNM. But when given a choice between PNM and PP....dey realise it better to take PNM before PP.The devil yuh know better than the devil yuh dont know. The whole nation (aside from die hard apologists and sheep) realising that it might have been better to see it like that from May 2010. This election was a recoil against the style of governance exhibited by the PP.

Local Govt coming up. It go be interesting.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 22, 2013, 02:53:09 PM »

still tryin to understand d love ting u on about, dat ent have nutten to do wit nuttin................I tink is one highly untenable situation being chosen over another, which is a huge indicator of the mess this country finds itself in leadership wise

you really miss it?

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 22, 2013, 03:17:43 PM »

you really miss it?

guess I did :D
I pity the fool....

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 23, 2013, 04:50:49 AM »
BEAT IT, JACK
Tobagonians don't want TOP leader around after THA defeat
By Anna Ramdass   

An effigy of Tobago Organisation of the People (TOP) political leader Ashworth which was hung high in his former electoral district of Mason Hall/Moriah/Providence was soundly beaten yesterday.

A wake will be held every night and a funeral is carded for Saturday. While Jack has said he would decide his political future in a matter of hours, it was clear yesterday that the people who once loved him and kept him as their representative for 16 years have no desire to see him around.

The TOP led by Jack suffered a massive defeat at the Tobago House of Assembly (THA) election on Monday with the People's National Movement (PNM) sweeping all 12 electoral seats - including Jack's and the three others formerly held by the TOP.

The Express visited Mason Hall yesterday where just opposite the TOP's office the effigy of Jack was hung. Some of the men in the area took long pieces of sticks and beat the wooden figure of Jack as they shouted for him to get out of the area.

Mark Reynalds, who claimed to be Jack's cousin, said Jack lost his seat because he lost touch with the people.

He said his woodworking shop, which is located just opposite the TOP's office (where the effigy was hung) was burnt and Jack never offered any help.

"For 16 years he never do anything. He have nothing to show for his time, not even a wall to say this is Ashworth Jack wall. All he does is drive up and down in his big van and he can't even explain he house," said Reynalds.

A group of men and women all sat in front of a shop and discussed the licking that the TOP got from the PNM. They were all vocal against Jack but did not want to give their names.

"He was voted out because he feel he too big. He wasn't even chief secretary and he moving around with five and six security. Look at Orville London, he goes to church, he goes in the market and he doh move with no security," said one of the men who was beating the effigy.

"Tobagonians are not fools. I want Ashworth Jack to know that money cyah fool we, if he did take the millions he spent in the campaign and do something for the people of Mason Hall then he might have kept his seat,"said a man.

Another man alleged that during the campaign T-shirts wrapped with money were given to voters and also cell phones.

"They take it and still vote them out," laughed the man.

Throughout the Mason Hall/Providence/Moriah electoral district people were out on the streets yesterday, still in their red PNM jerseys celebrating the TOP's demise. Some said they had not yet slept as they had partied in Scarborough till early yesterday morning.

From 9 p.m. on Monday the victory party had broken out in the PNM's camp. Within minutes thousands of people came out in their red jerseys and transformed Scarborough into a sea of red. An impromptu motorcade with music trucks and rhythm sections filled the streets as a Carnival like atmosphere exploded. People rang bells and they danced with cardboard pieces bearing the words "RIP Jack" .

Amongst the jubilant PNM members was former minister Arnold Piggott who said, "We have worked hard, we have dealt with the issues very clearly, we have prevailed and won the election in Tobago and it is time for the Central Government to take stock and seek the business and interest of all the people of Trinidad and Tobago so that we can move forward. Now that the PNM has won the THA election it is clear that the local Government election in 2013, we are inside for a win and we are going to move on as well in 2015," he said.

Victorious PNM candidate for Bacolet/Mt St George, Joel Jack, told the Express that the clean sweep was expected.

"It was expected, we did the work, we were feeling confident two weeks ago because of our interaction with the community, I was hoping that the people would make a definite statement in support of the PNM and decency in governance and they did," he said.

PNM supporter Elvin McPherson from Signal Hill added, "I wasn't surprised. I expected the TOP to lose because of their behaviour. We don't accept that in Tobago."

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/BEAT_IT__JACK-187981951.html

That part in bold......is why ah love mih people....... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 23, 2013, 04:59:36 AM »
Free cloths money and cellphone. Alyuh lucky
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 23, 2013, 05:52:43 AM »
Allyuh gone and spoil it for we in Trinindad in the marginals now. My phone giving trouble.

But poor Ashworth......I feeling sorry for him now...
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 23, 2013, 06:16:48 AM »
Allyuh gone and spoil it for we in Trinindad in the marginals now. My phone giving trouble.

But poor Ashworth......I feeling sorry for him now...

Feel sorry 4 me nah had to use some of meh carnival trip spending money on d car. He made his bed now let him lie in it.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 23, 2013, 07:34:54 AM »
Btw.....anybody see Warmonga??   :devil: ;D

Trying to cash in he ticket to Tobago. Some fool call on I95 and say Indians eh welcome in Tobago and he eh go be coming.

ent just before the elections dey was saying is only Indians does be on dem planes?  Now is Indian not welcome?  lol

too funny, and I hope people NOW seeing the side where the most amount of racism coming from!

They now see then they get heal because is years Sat and Devant and co spouting their racist chants. Sat was rewarded for being a racists.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 23, 2013, 07:41:39 AM »
On the new awakening  Radio Jaagriti 102.7 FM Sat was in a complete rage and is demanding a FULL INDIAN pull out of Tobago and claims Tobagonians are Racists for Rejecting Kamla. He says Indians have no place in Tobago.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 23, 2013, 07:52:14 AM »
On the new awakening  Radio Jaagriti 102.7 FM Sat was in a complete rage and is demanding a FULL INDIAN pull out of Tobago and claims Tobagonians are Racists for Rejecting Kamla. He says Indians have no place in Tobago.

by indian he mean hindu
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 23, 2013, 07:59:08 AM »

So arhm.

If the results was reversed...and it was the same people there....he woulda say the same ting?

In fact...if Sandy did say Indians have no place in Tobago....how yuh think that would go down?

by indian he mean hindu

Buh ent dey get some land to build a temple and cremation ground?

http://www.newsday.co.tt/news/0,124843.html
http://www.newsday.co.tt/news/0,122591.html

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 23, 2013, 08:06:14 AM »
He have a right to say that after what Sandy said...dais racist
After A politician making those kinda comments ... expect him to just smile and say "that's alright...he apologized...twice!"
whey boy!

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 23, 2013, 09:09:16 AM »
Taken from the comments section of an Express article:

" What's the difference between a latrine and the TOP? "
* " A latrine has a seat!"   :rotfl:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: THA Election Discussion topic...
« Reply #201 on: January 23, 2013, 09:37:36 AM »
Taken from the comments section of an Express article:

" What's the difference between a latrine and the TOP? "
* " A latrine has a seat!"   :rotfl:

Hahahaha
Youtube Channel

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 23, 2013, 09:38:00 AM »
After A politician making those kinda comments ... expect him to just smile and say "that's alright...he apologized...twice!"

when he jack talk shit about no indians in the section 34 march dat was racist too....let sat haul he fat fascist modder c**t
I pity the fool....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: THA Election Discussion topic...
« Reply #203 on: January 23, 2013, 09:43:14 AM »

when he jack talk shit about no indians in the section 34 march dat was racist too....let sat haul he fat fascist modder c**t

True
Youtube Channel

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 23, 2013, 09:46:10 AM »
ah hate f**kin hypocrites...........yuh cyah only see racism from one side
I pity the fool....

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #205 on: January 23, 2013, 10:06:53 AM »

by indian he mean hindu
The SDMS is a racist organisation headed by a racist that claims to represent a religious interest. Occasionally the overlap is not hidden, and intentionally so I feel.

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 23, 2013, 10:21:35 AM »

Sat is an extremist and ain't no politician.

Sandy could haul he racist c**t....man so dotish and ignorant, Calcutta not even used anymore since 2001, is Kolkata....
TnT is a real joke yes...go PNM!
whey boy!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 23, 2013, 10:33:37 AM »
just saw this on the express comments and couldn't agree more

The UNC needs to finally come to grips with the fact that they cannot serve two masters at the same time. It is either they are a national party or an ethnic lobby group.
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 23, 2013, 10:41:24 AM »

Sat is an extremist and ain't no politician.

disingenuous and convenient, he  in a position of influence and his views are transmitted as the views of those he represents, same boat, come again!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 11:06:19 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #209 on: January 23, 2013, 10:47:57 AM »
Maybe everyone is right here. Sandy is a racist and Ashworth was really going on sell out Tobago based on that deal with his house and other favours from the government. And Tobagonians want to maintain their identity and gain more sovereignty.

1]; } ?>