March 18, 2024, 10:35:36 PM

Author Topic: Tobago's contribution to our football  (Read 6362 times)

Offline Richard G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Ah en new...jus doh post as often as oda people
    • View Profile
Re: Tobago's contribution to our football
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2016, 07:22:07 PM »
Confirmed game without a venue?

this is football in trinidad

Courland (aka Black Rock).

Attempts were made to get DYS but it didn't work out.
T&T first. Any other country comes a very distant 2nd.

www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg2
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg3

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2016, 06:32:47 AM »
Trinidad U20 Match today at Blackrock  vs. Tobago U20  XI. Hope a couple of these Tobago boys get a good look.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2016, 06:14:55 AM »
Trinidad beat Tobago 2-0. Tobago has a couple players that Coach Williams should consider especially after Tobago had the run of play in 2nd half.  At half time Tobago put on a midfielder wearing Yorke Number 19(Malique) that changed the game for Tobago, not sure why Tobago Coach did not start him.

They are playing again this afternoon with heavy rain and pitch is not the best but unfortunately typical.

Coach Williams will have some difficult decisions.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2016, 07:08:27 AM »
The game was good. The both defenses were good. But for some comical goal keeping(from a known loose cannon) the game would have ended 0-0. Due t the short space f time to prepare the boys, coaches played players in what is not their best positions(in my opinion) it is a difficult job. Also one player who trained with the u17 before picked up an injury the night before in training as well which limited their options. And from what I understand there are still some boys who were not involved in the training sessions, again due to the short time frame available.
With some changes I believe the Tobago team could actually pose a serious threat in the game today.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2016, 07:42:58 AM »
Non-stop rain.......

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2016, 08:10:23 AM »
Ent they hire Bertille St Clair for this.

Or he just scratching he toetie in Pigeon Point.

:shameonyou:   :yellowcard: not my coach eh....try yuh best.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2016, 12:52:19 PM »
It still raining?

The match playing?

I am hearing a rumour that many of the U20 boys still in Cedras training and they did not bring the full team to truly evaluate.

Anybody know what's going on?

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2016, 06:15:37 PM »
Game played. The ground was dry. Just as I predicted the Tobago team gave a better account in parts. They got a penalty and went up one nil but then they conceded one and it was one one. Shane Sandy who gave away the penalty for the national team stepped up and blasted them level. The national team went up through a rocket of a free kick from no.11 (I will put in his name when I remember) they did get a third after some neat interpassing and scored the only real goal from open play in the two games. (The goals in the first game I put down to the goalkeeper).

That being said the coach has asked for two of the defenders to join training in Trinidad.

Players noted
Pappy looked good today
Shane Sandy over the past two games
The no.11(can't beleive I can't remember his name)
Jerron Nixon's son looked lively up top until the defender gave him a Charlie horse and ended his game early.
To be honest we lack something up top and the coach has given a Tobago player a chance to add to what they have right now.

So that is three Tobago players with the door being left open to a few players who are injured. I also believe that they might keep the Tobago team together and give them another chance.......not confirmed though.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2016, 06:50:29 PM »
Rastaman, respect for the boss report. Happy to hear that two/three of the Tobago youth getting a chance with hope for more later.

The Tobago team should stay training since World Cup is over a year away;  injuries happen, players availability change.

Offline Richard G.

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2016, 04:46:10 AM »
Trinidad U20 3 vs Tobago U20 1

As expected, players who are in professional training environments performed better (were more consistent). However, there were decent enough performances by at least 3 players (with a possibility of 2-3 more for further screening) being included in the team's preparation. The time line is the main killer. Players must be registered with CFU/CONCACAF within the next two weeks. It's a tough position for Coach Brian Williams and his technical staff to be in. I can honestly say...they do need one or two players in certain positions to make the team a bit more sure (my own personal view).

As Rastaman said, it has been requested this team remain in training. This is something the TFA will have to discuss with all parties involved. It's an easy sell, but in reality...it comes down to $$$.

Waiting to hear how the U-15 girls did in Trinidad this last weekend at the U15 girls screening tournament.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2016, 02:44:38 PM »
Trinidad U20 3 vs Tobago U20 1

As expected, players who are in professional training environments performed better (were more consistent). However, there were decent enough performances by at least 3 players (with a possibility of 2-3 more for further screening) being included in the team's preparation. The time line is the main killer. Players must be registered with CFU/CONCACAF within the next two weeks. It's a tough position for Coach Brian Williams and his technical staff to be in. I can honestly say...they do need one or two players in certain positions to make the team a bit more sure (my own personal view).

As Rastaman said, it has been requested this team remain in training. This is something the TFA will have to discuss with all parties involved. It's an easy sell, but in reality...it comes down to $$$.

Waiting to hear how the U-15 girls did in Trinidad this last weekend at the U15 girls screening tournament.

Last minute preparation eh ....he forced to name a squad when will we learn
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2016, 05:48:05 AM »
I am hearing that quite a number of girls from Tobago have been invited to train with the national u15 team...... As many as 12. This is to be confirmed though.

Offline Richard G.

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2016, 08:31:25 PM »
I am hearing that quite a number of girls from Tobago have been invited to train with the national u15 team...... As many as 12. This is to be confirmed though.

13 out of 31 for U15 training.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2016, 07:25:22 AM »
Game played. The ground was dry. Just as I predicted the Tobago team gave a better account in parts. They got a penalty and went up one nil but then they conceded one and it was one one. Shane Sandy who gave away the penalty for the national team stepped up and blasted them level. The national team went up through a rocket of a free kick from no.11 (I will put in his name when I remember) they did get a third after some neat interpassing and scored the only real goal from open play in the two games. (The goals in the first game I put down to the goalkeeper).

That being said the coach has asked for two of the defenders to join training in Trinidad.

Players noted
Pappy looked good today
Shane Sandy over the past two games
The no.11(can't beleive I can't remember his name)
Jerron Nixon's son looked lively up top until the defender gave him a Charlie horse and ended his game early.
To be honest we lack something up top and the coach has given a Tobago player a chance to add to what they have right now.

So that is three Tobago players with the door being left open to a few players who are injured. I also believe that they might keep the Tobago team together and give them another chance.......not confirmed though.

The no. 11 was Kareem Riley..... Thunderbolt of a shot on this youth.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2016, 05:19:45 PM »
didn't see any of the Tobago boys named in the 30 man squad.......

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2016, 05:21:26 PM »
The U17s played yesterday and today. 5 players invited to join the squad. Lets hope they fear better than the U20 boys.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2016, 05:23:25 PM »
will give a breakdown of the games when I have time.....when ah shoulda b doing house work meh behind in Black Rock watching football  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Richard G.

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2016, 08:05:46 PM »
The U17s played yesterday and today. 5 players invited to join the squad. Lets hope they fear better than the U20 boys.

So....a total of 21 players (male and female) from the Tobago screenings. Let's hope all players give their best as time goes on.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2016, 12:53:24 AM »
Ok the first game on Saturday was not too bad. probably in hindsight players were trying too hard and didn't settle(Tobago Players)
The game was almost even in the first half with the National team ripe for a the picking if the Tobago boys could get something special. Nil - Nil at the half. Half time the National coach makes 5 changes and that produced 3 quick goals at the start of the half and the game was effectively over as a contest. The Tobago players never recovered from the shock and late on they conceded 2 or 3 more (wasn't checking)
After the game the coaching staff explained that they started with some fringe players who were effectively being given their last chance on this trip. Brought on the regulars at the half.......after the Tobago players were a bit tired as they are nowhere close to the fitness of the Trinidad players.

That being said you could see the potential in a few of the Tobago Players.

Sundays game was a much better contest. Game was much more even until the last 15-20 mins when goals started flying in. Up until then the teams were separated by a penalty to the National Team. Tobago was seeing probably as much of the ball as in the first game but there was a bit more end product, with quite a few forays into the National Teams defense. The Tobago team played the same system as the National Team....probably to their detriment, as with that system they were never going to trouble the defense. I think that the National Team is set up around the Midfield....without an out and out striker...(false 9) both the national Team and the Tobago Team have players to suit the system.

As such 4 of the midfielders/strikers were invited to continue training with the team....as well as one center back who was really a rock in the Tobago defense. Actually both center backs were but he stamped his authority all over the game. He was in the right place all the time and was at the center of everything.

I must add that the Tobago team was hampered by the lack of quality wing backs and this hampered and threw off the balance of the team. Had they had 2 good wing backs the game would have been different

1]; } ?>