April 23, 2024, 09:44:51 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Panama Game (24-Mar-2017)  (Read 31354 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Panama Game (24-Mar-2017)
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2017, 05:27:27 AM »
Senior Men begin final leg of build up for Panama.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago Senior men’s team enter their final leg of preparations today for Friday’s crucial 2018 World Cup qualifier against Panama at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

A 26-man squad will assemble for the start of a residential camp and head coach Dennis Lawrence will conduct an evening training session at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Among the players in Lawrence’s squad announced on the weekend is goalkeeper Jan Michael Williams who returns to the squad for competitive action for the first time since the 3-1 loss to Honduras in November in which he was forced to leave the field with a head injury.

Williams told TTFA Media: “It’s good to be back in the team after some time away. I have been involved in the training since Dennis has been on board. We started off with a win against Barbados which augered well for the group. And with the final squad including the home-based and foreign -based players I think we have what it takes to get some points in these games.

“The important thing is for the players to open their minds and understand all the ideas and tactics that the coach wants and for us to stay focused and give our best in these two games,” Williams said.

“The guys coming in including the home based players are already in battle mode. We have spoken and I think we understand what is needed and to leave everything else outside of the football field and focus on getting it right on the pitch.”

Defence Force defender Curtis Gonzales added: “It’s been a very professional environment since Dennis and his staff came on board. He was a soldier and I am a soldier, he was a defender and I am a defender so I will grab any knowledge that he passes on, There is a level of brotherhood there between the coach and the players.”

“This is a great opportunity for the home-based players to showcase their talent and the worth and once we call come together with the players coming in then I believe we can get the job done.”

Tickets are available at all Lotto locations priced at $350 (covered) and $200 (uncovered).

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2017, 06:20:32 AM »
Contro, at some point. ...yuh need to chill d negative vibe and hush lil bit....no one has or will forget d utter shit dat went on in d last few months, but secretly willing d team to fail not going and bring hart back.

Sent from my SM-J105B using Tapatalk
I pity the fool....

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2017, 08:09:35 AM »
Kenwyne, Kevin, Mekeil and Joevin en route. Should have already arrived or will arrive sometime today.

It would be interesting to understand what kind of debrief happens with players coming in with the coaching staff. Do they just fall in with the rest of players or do they have a sit down with the new coaching staff to level set on expectations, preferences. There is a general familiarity among the group but there were some speculation about tensions under Hart between players under/over 30

DL has a few days to impart his tactics, get some on field prep to anchor tactics with individuals and build cohesion and work set plays. The expectation is that these fellas come in match fit as well as the other basics. Hopefully with GPRS he can easily determine who is ready to go and who is not and make personnel decisions quickly.

There is a level of desperation in these two games that should serve as a motivator. Any result other than 4-6 points will be terminal to this campaign. But I will never forget JM Williams interview on radio where he said that motivation goes beyond the field for the younger crop of players. Is the FA prepared to deal with this reality in the modern game and ensure these guys are taken of. Promises are made and rarely fulfilled by administrations past and present.

Accountability should exist at all levels.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Squad naming today, wllyuh guess it nah.
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2017, 08:12:13 AM »
It's good to keep your friends close
It's more important to keep your enemies closer

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2017, 08:32:22 AM »
Kenwyne, Kevin, Mekeil and Joevin en route. Should have already arrived or will arrive sometime today.

It would be interesting to understand what kind of debrief happens with players coming in with the coaching staff. Do they just fall in with the rest of players or do they have a sit down with the new coaching staff to level set on expectations, preferences. There is a general familiarity among the group but there were some speculation about tensions under Hart between players under/over 30

DL has a few days to impart his tactics, get some on field prep to anchor tactics with individuals and build cohesion and work set plays. The expectation is that these fellas come in match fit as well as the other basics. Hopefully with GPRS he can easily determine who is ready to go and who is not and make personnel decisions quickly.

There is a level of desperation in these two games that should serve as a motivator. Any result other than 4-6 points will be terminal to this campaign. But I will never forget JM Williams interview on radio where he said that motivation goes beyond the field for the younger crop of players. Is the FA prepared to deal with this reality in the modern game and ensure these guys are taken of. Promises are made and rarely fulfilled by administrations past and present.

Accountability should exist at all levels.

:beermug: Good post "g"
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2017, 08:40:31 AM »
Contro, at some point. ...yuh need to chill d negative vibe and hush lil bit....no one has or will forget d utter shit dat went on in d last few months, but secretly willing d team to fail not going and bring hart back.

The sentiment of many posters in this forum. 
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2017, 09:01:20 AM »
This team will do well....I think between DL and SC there is enough motivation and incentive for the team to surpass expectations. The one detractor is that SCF is on the bench and he will report everything to the Imperial fat one and therein lay the danger as he is on a self-serving mission that will ultimately set us back from whatever progress is being made.

Results trump everything. I took heart in the board attempting to fix itself after the Saintfet debacle. I am less worried about SCF every having the reigns of Senior Head Coach as 1. DJW set a precedent by recusing himself from any decision involving SCF for appointments within the FA. 2. SCF being part of the national team staff is now partly accountable for the results of the day which also impacts his own viability for the top job, we may even start getting better admin support given that he is in the mix.

I must admit I find it hard to think DJW will try to purposely undermine the efforts of our national teams. His shortcomings more reflect his competency as a president rather than purposeful sabotage.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2017, 02:20:34 PM »
I feel these players would be better replacements.

Shahdon Winchester for Willis Plaza.
Julius James for Daneil Cyrus.
Jerrel Britto for Hashim Arcia.

Plaza scoring in India, a league way below the Pro League dont mean much, Winchester, I didn't like but after de hattrick he score for T&T last time, I was impress and he look much better now, he playing in a decent league to.

James way better than Cyrus at center midfield. Cyrus doh even have a club.

Britto scoring in every game in Honduras, a league higher than de pro league. Arci eh bad, but I cah see him starting in front of any.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2017, 02:26:26 PM »
Sam, yuh being mischievous. Behave yuhself.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2017, 03:17:51 PM »

The sentiment of many posters in this forum. 

Not wishing ill on the team nor do I want Tallest to fail.... it is naive to think the players are in the same state of mind and cohesion as before..

The dictator is not a trusted man, and what happened to hart and the hiring of sainthief is still in the back of their minds... whether you want to once again be naive and think that is all but forgotten or it hasn't affected team spirit and morale, that's up to you.. I don't follow, I lead... not to mention some players have not been paid to date and Tallest is reinforcing the Dictators stance on players not needing to be paid or paid well to play national football.. when you take that into account it will leave a very sour taste ... especially when Hart was fighting for better conditions and overall treatment of the players..

The passion we saw previously, I hope can be regained but I'm not naive to think things are okay because they are not..

The sentiment of many posters on this board as well is that you're a stooge for the Dictator and blind to the corruption, but who's counting..

Andre is the last person who should talk about pride and patriotism, he once said if he had a chance to play for England, he would choose it over Trinidad and Tobago 🇹🇹....
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 03:25:29 PM by Controversial »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2017, 04:34:42 PM »
WATCH: Goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams and defender Curtis Gonzales look ahead to Friday’s World Cup Qualifier against Panama.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/COJ-X6qR-Pk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/COJ-X6qR-Pk</a>

WATCH: Midfielders Andre Boucaud and Kevan George share their thoughts on the upcoming World Cup Qualifier against Panama.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XjahXacJHG8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XjahXacJHG8</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2017, 05:46:03 PM »
This team will do well....I think between DL and SC there is enough motivation and incentive for the team to surpass expectations. The one detractor is that SCF is on the bench and he will report everything to the Imperial fat one and therein lay the danger as he is on a self-serving mission that will ultimately set us back from whatever progress is being made.

Results trump everything. I took heart in the board attempting to fix itself after the Saintfet debacle. I am less worried about SCF every having the reigns of Senior Head Coach as 1. DJW set a precedent by recusing himself from any decision involving SCF for appointments within the FA. 2. SCF being part of the national team staff is now partly accountable for the results of the day which also impacts his own viability for the top job, we may even start getting better admin support given that he is in the mix.

I must admit I find it hard to think DJW will try to purposely undermine the efforts of our national teams. His shortcomings more reflect his competency as a president rather than purposeful sabotage.
He operates in his own self interest so that if the team's interest, development and objectives aren't congruent with his...then his come first.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2017, 04:35:47 AM »
Sheldon Bateau suspended for this game.

Offline Bobdv

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2017, 07:44:29 AM »
Is this true???!!!
Huge problem! Who starting in the middle with Abu? Gonzales, Cyrus? CB is our Achilles Heel without Bateau in this squad.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2017, 08:04:08 AM »

I asked this question earlier, we played official FIFA games (Gold Cup Qualifiers) since the last set of qualifiers where the suspension should have taken effect, unless the suspension is only subject to World Cup Qualifiers which to me doesn't make any sense.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2017, 08:49:22 AM »

I asked this question earlier, we played official FIFA games (Gold Cup Qualifiers) since the last set of qualifiers where the suspension should have taken effect, unless the suspension is only subject to World Cup Qualifiers which to me doesn't make any sense.

But g you answered your own question (or close to answering it). Who "runs" the Gold Cup and GC qualifying?

Remember this?

https://www.geo.tv/latest/6515-brazilian-football-confederation-appeal-over-neymar-suspension-dismissed
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 08:56:01 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2017, 09:04:54 AM »
Didn't Cyrus used to be good for us at CB? Is really only at RB he start tootsing down de place, unless I remembering wrong.

Related: Where Primus disappear to? Injuries wrap him up?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2017, 09:10:36 AM »
Didn't Cyrus used to be good for us at CB? Is really only at RB he start tootsing down de place, unless I remembering wrong.

Related: Where Primus disappear to? Injuries wrap him up?

Injuries mess he up for almost two years. Last seen with Caledonia.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2017, 09:57:36 AM »

But g you answered your own question (or close to answering it). Who "runs" the Gold Cup and GC qualifying?

Remember this?

https://www.geo.tv/latest/6515-brazilian-football-confederation-appeal-over-neymar-suspension-dismissed

So by that logic he should be cleared to play then??? Unless I am misinterpreting what I am reading. FIFA enforced the ban across multiple tournaments in Neymar's case.

I would think that given how key Bateau is combined with the fact that we had to bring him in all the way from Russia, the FA should be aggressively seeking clarity around his availability. The safe thing to do is just say he is banned and just have him there for Mexico but to me it should be best 11 all the way through. 

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2017, 02:02:49 PM »
WATCH: Monday’s training session with the Soca Warriors. Khaleem Hyland joins in for the first time under Coach Dennis Lawrence.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8Kr8BulHbH8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8Kr8BulHbH8</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2017, 03:14:50 PM »
Head To Head Record

LAST FIVE GAMES   DATE   COMPETITION

Panama  1-2  Trinidad and Tobago, Oct, 2015   
International Friendly

Trinidad and Tobago  1-1  Panama, Jul 19, 2015   
CONCACAF Gold Cup

Panama  1-0  Trinidad and Tobago, Mar, 2015   
International Friendly

Panama  3-0  Trinidad and Tobago, Sep, 2010   
International Friendly

Panama  0-1  Trinidad and Tobago, Mar, 2009
International Friendly

« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 03:35:34 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2017, 03:29:14 PM »
If pullstones Hyland actually play as well as Boucard, in the central role, maybe we will pull off a win.... I hope Tallest brings him off the bench

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2017, 04:13:28 PM »
Guys, I just checked to see if any stations showing the game...NOTHING...anyone know if we gonna get a broadcast? I check espn, bein and fox...
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2017, 04:16:38 PM »
I lie...sorry...bein showing it at 6:50-9pm

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2017, 04:17:56 PM »
Channel 596

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2017, 01:56:33 AM »
Cummings is a big lost, sorry he wasn't fit, but ah half fit Cummings still better than a retired player.

Hyland is a waste, one good game in every 5.

Molino does play like he boots to big for him and he does get lost on de field, running without sense.

If Kenwyne want to play, he could play, ah hope he show up, we need him.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2017, 05:37:09 AM »
I can't help ,but I keep seeing 3 pts in the horizon against Panama,if we then get a point against Mexico we will still be alive,if that's no possible we may forget WC 2018.We must then start to rebuild for the next WC in 1922 using a younger generation of players and some of those who are still young enough.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2017, 07:25:38 AM »
I can't help ,but I keep seeing 3 pts in the horizon against Panama,if we then get a point against Mexico we will still be alive,if that's no possible we may forget WC 2018.We must then start to rebuild for the next WC in 1922 using a younger generation of players and some of those who are still young enough.

four points from this is good enough ...  .. we can get to russia we can beat honduras at home and panama away ....
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 08:01:54 AM by Trini _2018 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2017, 09:14:56 AM »
Cummings is a big lost, sorry he wasn't fit, but ah half fit Cummings still better than a retired player.

Molino does play like he boots to big for him and he does get lost on de field, running without sense.

I read something on Twitter yesterday about a player who retired because he wasn't selected, I'm guessing it's Cummings?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2017, 10:18:22 AM »

I read something on Twitter yesterday about a player who retired because he wasn't selected, I'm guessing it's Cummings?

No, that was Peltier.

1]; } ?>