March 28, 2024, 11:05:21 AM

Author Topic: If El Sal susceptible to bribes, Soca Warriors are as well..  (Read 2547 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
If El Sal susceptible to bribes, Soca Warriors are as well..
« on: September 07, 2016, 04:36:02 PM »
Discuss that and the rampant corruption going on in world football..

Not saying the boys take money but some players could be approached or has been approached..

The drop in form and the day and night form in between matches and in certain matches has me questioning whether money does be involved in these matches.. Especially since one of the websites that was showing the game solid was Bet365...

Money does pass and has passed with Trinidad football in the past... Hey losing an insignificant game to boost a superpower and save a job is not impossible...

Next thing Klinnsman catch a draw or loss and his job hanging in the balance.. Can't take no chances..

You have big hard back men catching dey ass to see the match outside the US and Bet365 have it showing strong, all kinda catch me ass feeds to watch a match...

Not to mention someone shooting our best upcoming mid and putting him out of commission when our team was playing some of their best ball in a decade.. World football full of mystery or is it really?

Ah forget, TT is the most honest, upstanding nation, the least corrupt nation in the world ... So why would anyone ever take money.. Especially with that Scrooge of a president we have..
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 04:46:51 PM by Controversial »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: If El Sal susceptible to bribes, Soca Warriors are as well..
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 04:39:08 PM »

Not saying the boys take money but some players could be approached or has been approached..

The drop in form and the day and night form in between matches and in certain matches has me questioning whether money does be involved in these matches.. Especially since one of the websites that was showing the game solid was Bet365...

Money does pass and has passed with Trinidad football in the past... Hey losing an insignificant game to boost a superpower and save a job is not impossible...
ahhhh... know we know how Atlanta can afford KJ...whey Burroughs when yuh need him

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 04:48:50 PM »

ahhhh... know we know how Atlanta can afford KJ...whey Burroughs when yuh need him

Burroughs shaking his head at these men, he could have strong arm and negotiate more World Cup appearances with his superior skill set far more than David or jack...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 05:07:01 PM »
Buh Contro even before the El Salvador NT incident, you've been on record as making similar suggestions to explain poor performances. Doh use the recent incident to roll this new accusation out. :rotfl:

Nonetheless, serious issue in world football in some locations. However, our team is very insulated ... especially when on the road. Hard for them to be approached. But, more than that, the team and players have something to prove in the red, white and black AND futures to protect.

Also, the issue has never been endemic in T&T as it has been in other countries.  :yellowcard:

By the way, the Salvadorans were NOT susceptible precisely because of what had occurred previously.

Doh clutch at straws.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 07:50:10 PM »

Burroughs shaking his head at these men, he could have strong arm and negotiate more World Cup appearances with his superior skill set far more than David or jack...
you are seriously in need of a check up mate.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 07:53:23 PM »
Lord, ..... Contro. you real good.  :rotfl:

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 09:24:22 PM »
This is a stretch bro, we just moments of lapses in concentration an the U.S. made us pay.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 10:22:44 PM »
Buh Contro even before the El Salvador NT incident, you've been on record as making similar suggestions to explain poor performances. Doh use the recent incident to roll this new accusation out. :rotfl:

Nonetheless, serious issue in world football in some locations. However, our team is very insulated ... especially when on the road. Hard for them to be approached. But, more than that, the team and players have something to prove in the red, white and black AND futures to protect.

Also, the issue has never been endemic in T&T as it has been in other countries.  :yellowcard:

By the way, the Salvadorans were NOT susceptible precisely because of what had occurred previously.

Doh clutch at straws.

I haven't accused anyone, I'm thinking outside the box and posing hypotheticals... Narrowing it down to just poor performances is not fully analyzing why I make these statements. It's games that mean something, not meaningless games my friend.

Why is it hard to be approached on the road? Is it easier locally than when they travel? Would you put your head on a chopping block that we are that insulated that no one has or ever has approached players? Unless you're the NSA, Five Eyes or in counter intelligence I highly doubt you can dismiss any hypothetical I just posed.  :D

How do you explain JW and Fifa and that was going on for over 3 decades in our football... If most of the corruption is not uncovered how can you assume it doesn't happen in T&T? Maybe our people are better at covering it up than other nations, I can't just assume we are not as corrupt when it exists on the lowest levels of governance in our nation, far less for sport.

I've spoken to people from El Sal who have mentioned this previously, so what straws am I clutching at? You're making assumptions as if you know 100% without a doubt there is no corruption. Which is unrealistic and naive..
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 10:35:45 PM by Controversial »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2016, 08:15:15 AM »

Doh clutch at straws.

I haven't accused anyone, I'm thinking outside the box and posing hypotheticals... Narrowing it down to just poor performances is not fully analyzing why I make these statements. It's games that mean something, not meaningless games my friend.

Why is it hard to be approached on the road? Is it easier locally than when they travel? Would you put your head on a chopping block that we are that insulated that no one has or ever has approached players? Unless you're the NSA, Five Eyes or in counter intelligence I highly doubt you can dismiss any hypothetical I just posed.  :D

How do you explain JW and Fifa and that was going on for over 3 decades in our football... If most of the corruption is not uncovered how can you assume it doesn't happen in T&T? Maybe our people are better at covering it up than other nations, I can't just assume we are not as corrupt when it exists on the lowest levels of governance in our nation, far less for sport.

I've spoken to people from El Sal who have mentioned this previously, so what straws am I clutching at? You're making assumptions as if you know 100% without a doubt there is no corruption. Which is unrealistic and naive..

I would agree that the El Salvador-Honduras situation presents another learning moment to ring the message of caution to our travelling delegations. Other than that, accept the legitimacy of the loss. Doh make reckless accusations.

By the way, it's an error to lump graft and pile "corruption" into the same bundle of rationality as match-fixing. Although match-fixing is a "corrupt practice", twinning it to the FIFA scandal in your mind confirms, suggests or establishes what exactly?

Yeah, there is corruption in Trinidad & Tobago. We learned that shortly after learning to "pitch marble". When did you learn the word "match-fixing"?

In T&T the issue is never not knowing about bobol. The issue tends to be holding those involved accountable.

Again, accept the 4-0 loss. Doh make reckless accusations. Dahis NOT befitting of a SUPPORTER of the team.

Ah see our players on the road. I eh want to invest too much time in unbalancing your speculation with my direct observation. Our players on the road are businesslike. They doh lime and they are not out and about in public jes so. They are in their rooms, in team meetings, resting, sleeping etc. On the bus, off the bus. No liming in de hotel lobby or trolling de hallways.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2016, 12:17:43 PM »
So...let me think this out.

Lets assume they were approached and facilitated..and evidence comes to the fore that they did...what would the result be? Banning of players and possible penalties that would make Russia 2018 unlikely. Is that good for us now? Nope.

Lets assume they were approached and didnt cooperate. Story done there.

Lets assume they werent and didnt and just fell apart at crucial points. Lessons to be learnt identified...but we havent lost anything as such and live to fight another day.

I dunno if I missed any other possibility...but if I have then please point it out to me...especially the part that this discussion is a constructive and positive one for the team and the country as a whole at this time.

Thanks in advance.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2016, 02:50:56 PM »
We just lost a game that we most of us believe we could have won or performed better in yet this is the crap that is being discussed. SMDH. It's not as if we were knocked out of a tournament or god forbid out of the Hex. We talk about spectators and fickle supporters aka bandwagonists but some of you'll behaving just like them. Happy like pappy when we win but cuss and insult the guys when they lose. I wasn't happy with the manner of defeat but oh gawd stop with the BS of calling the players names as dotish and subliminally implying that they could have been bribed or are susceptible to such. Them boys take all kind ah kick in the teeth to reach where they are now with little support financially and otherwise, the least they deserve is some damn credit, respect, words of encouragement and constructive criticism rather than this putrid bile!! It's downright disgusting and friggin insulting!!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 02:59:19 PM by Thomo »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2016, 09:19:54 PM »

Doh clutch at straws.

I would agree that the El Salvador-Honduras situation presents another learning moment to ring the message of caution to our travelling delegations. Other than that, accept the legitimacy of the loss. Doh make reckless accusations.

By the way, it's an error to lump graft and pile "corruption" into the same bundle of rationality as match-fixing. Although match-fixing is a "corrupt practice", twinning it to the FIFA scandal in your mind confirms, suggests or establishes what exactly?

Yeah, there is corruption in Trinidad & Tobago. We learned that shortly after learning to "pitch marble". When did you learn the word "match-fixing"?

In T&T the issue is never not knowing about bobol. The issue tends to be holding those involved accountable.

Again, accept the 4-0 loss. Doh make reckless accusations. Dahis NOT befitting of a SUPPORTER of the team.

Ah see our players on the road. I eh want to invest too much time in unbalancing your speculation with my direct observation. Our players on the road are businesslike. They doh lime and they are not out and about in public jes so. They are in their rooms, in team meetings, resting, sleeping etc. On the bus, off the bus. No liming in de hotel lobby or trolling de hallways.

Once again and I will reiterate, I am not making accusations nor saying the players took money, I am posing a hypothetical and opening up what seems to be a very sensitive topic to some for discussion. You're taking it too serious and not looking at the possibilities from multiple angles.

I learned the word match fixing as a 12 year old in middle school, when I was asked to do a research project on my sport and controversial topics that relate to the sport... Which has nothing to do with my current topic so I don't know what you're trying to achieve by asking foolish questions...

So you are still avoiding my counter where I asked is it impossible? Unless you plan to attach irrefutable to your argument? So the possibility of us not knowing is also ruled out by your logic? So in your eyes it will and never was an issue of not knowing about certain corruption because there is no possibility of that existing?

I will always be a true supporter, win, lose or draw. The complexity of corruption in world sport is not for the faint hearted nor simple minded. I didn't realize that posing questions and hypotheticals take away from my support for the team... Match fixing is under the corruption banner, unless you have another category for it that I don't know of, it's all corruption and you can draw comparisons to FIFA and national teams and federations. It is not implausible, if they can exist at the top, why is it implausible to exist on the bottom going up?

Why not invest time? You are a supporter with direct contact to the players as you say, so why not talk about it? Where there is a will there's a way... If someone wants to fix a match they can get in contact before they arrive, via email, text or something that doesn't involve them walking to a dark room with a guy in the shadows smoking a cigar...

We live in the age of IT and things are not as backwards as before.. So it's easy to access someone anywhere in the world..
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 09:27:59 PM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2016, 09:28:25 PM »
We just lost a game that we most of us believe we could have won or performed better in yet this is the crap that is being discussed. SMDH. It's not as if we were knocked out of a tournament or god forbid out of the Hex. We talk about spectators and fickle supporters aka bandwagonists but some of you'll behaving just like them. Happy like pappy when we win but cuss and insult the guys when they lose. I wasn't happy with the manner of defeat but oh gawd stop with the BS of calling the players names as dotish and subliminally implying that they could have been bribed or are susceptible to such. Them boys take all kind ah kick in the teeth to reach where they are now with little support financially and otherwise, the least they deserve is some damn credit, respect, words of encouragement and constructive criticism rather than this putrid bile!! It's downright disgusting and friggin insulting!!

Would you turn a blind eye to it if you knew about it?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2016, 10:06:29 PM »
Your initial post was "hypothetical"?

As in what the Cambridge English dictionary defines as "imaginary or suggested but not necessarily real or true"?

As in what Merriam-Webster refers to as "not real, imagined as an example"?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2016, 10:13:16 PM »

Would you turn a blind eye to it if you knew about it?

So Contro ....... you knew about it ?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2016, 10:21:07 PM »
Once again and I will reiterate, I am not making accusations nor saying the players took money, I am posing a hypothetical and opening up what seems to be a very sensitive topic to some for discussion. You're taking it too serious and not looking at the possibilities from multiple angles. :banginghead:

I learned the word match fixing as a 12 year old in middle school, when I was asked to do a research project on my sport and controversial topics that relate to the sport... Which has nothing to do with my current topic so I don't know what you're trying to achieve by asking foolish questions...

So you are still avoiding my counter where I asked is it impossible? Unless you plan to attach irrefutable to your argument? So the possibility of us not knowing is also ruled out by your logic? So in your eyes it will and never was an issue of not knowing about certain corruption because there is no possibility of that existing?

I will always be a true supporter, win, lose or draw.  ??? The complexity of corruption in world sport is not for the faint hearted nor simple minded. I didn't realize that posing questions and hypotheticals take away from my support for the team... Match fixing is under the corruption banner, unless you have another category for it that I don't know of, it's all corruption and you can draw comparisons to FIFA and national teams and federations. It is not implausible, if they can exist at the top, why is it implausible to exist on the bottom going up?

Why not invest time? You are a supporter with direct contact to the players as you say, so why not talk about it? Where there is a will there's a way... If someone wants to fix a match they can get in contact before they arrive, via email, text or something that doesn't involve them walking to a dark room with a guy in the shadows smoking a cigar...

We live in the age of IT and things are not as backwards as before.. So it's easy to access someone anywhere in the world..

The words I used were "direct observation". And, I did "talk about it" ... but you decided to dismiss that direct observation in preference for cutting-edge irresponsible conjecture masquerading as inconclusive or objective debate.

If I were a player, I would "blacklist" you.

Agree with Thomo: downright disgusting and frigging insulting, and NOT your first trip down this road.

:yellowcard: :yellowcard:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 10:31:53 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2016, 10:24:51 AM »
Once again and I will reiterate, I am not making accusations nor saying the players took money, I am posing a hypothetical and opening up what seems to be a very sensitive topic to some for discussion. You're taking it too serious and not looking at the possibilities from multiple angles. :banginghead:

I will always be a true supporter, win, lose or draw.  ??? The complexity of corruption in world sport is not for the faint hearted nor simple minded. I didn't realize that posing questions and hypotheticals take away from my support for the team... Match fixing is under the corruption banner, unless you have another category for it that I don't know of, it's all corruption and you can draw comparisons to FIFA and national teams and federations. It is not implausible, if they can exist at the top, why is it implausible to exist on the bottom going up?

The words I used were "direct observation". And, I did "talk about it" ... but you decided to dismiss that direct observation in preference for cutting-edge irresponsible conjecture masquerading as inconclusive or objective debate.

If I were a player, I would "blacklist" you.

Agree with Thomo: downright disgusting and frigging insulting, and NOT your first trip down this road.

:yellowcard: :yellowcard:

And what is your definition of direct observation? That could mean a few things... I didn't dismiss it, I merely offered other methods of communication that I assume go beyond your scope of direct observation as you put it... Hypotheticals could fall in the realm of conjecture at times but as I said, I posed a question without making specific accusations towards any player.

Which player would blacklist me? If I had accused a specific player then of course they would have reason to, but in this case, I'm posing hypotheticals without accusing anyone.

What's disgusting about talking about corruption in the game and match fixing, every team is susceptible to it in our region. Why is it such a sensitive topic for you and others? It almost seems taboo to you... The act of match fixing is disgusting, if I accused a player of it with no evidence, it would be unfair, but the discussion of it hypothetically happening is a reality in world football today. It can happen, you would be naive to dismiss or not even discuss it..
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 10:26:50 AM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2016, 02:59:36 AM »
So ONDeBLOCK what you think about this thread?  :D

1]; } ?>