June 11, 2024, 06:23:42 PM

Author Topic: The call to change citizenship law  (Read 605 times)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The call to change citizenship law
« on: May 15, 2024, 08:05:11 PM »
I was reading that some former national players are speaking up about changing the law so grand children of TT nationals can get citizenship. Apparently there's a base of players who are available (I haven't seen or heard of any players).

I'll tell you this, that TT government will never change the law to accommodate a football team. That law is very protectionist and outdated to say the least.

If the government decides to revise that law, they will put in a clause that will only grant citizenship for national interest. Maybe that's the way to go.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: The call to change citizenship law
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2024, 11:03:42 PM »
They haven't changed the law because they are operating like the former colonials...

Protectionism to keep ex pats and their kids from changing the old guard that is controlled. They keep these outdated laws this way to prevent change..

We don't live in a progressive TT society...

« Last Edit: May 17, 2024, 10:11:38 PM by Controversial »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2024, 08:31:08 AM »
@contro

Indeed.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2024, 02:29:02 PM »
Law change or not, it I ent see some new fresh quality faces and a new attacking system Vs Grenada then Eve's gotta go!

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2024, 09:24:19 AM »
@Thomo, Hopefully Barnett and Hackford can get a call up. They are both playing in England.

Sealy from Dallas FC MLS
Yeates from Pacific FC CPL

If we get the above players, that will help a lot

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2024, 04:19:03 PM »
@Thomo, Hopefully Barnett and Hackford can get a call up. They are both playing in England.

Sealy from Dallas FC MLS
Yeates from Pacific FC CPL

If we get the above players, that will help a lot

Barnett and Hackford depends on if they are eligible via parents or grandparents. From my investigations Barnett's mum is Trini, so might be easier. Hackford not too sure but if it's grandparents he would have had to apply before he's 18. DJ Buffonge has a Trini passport and he's a capable attacking midfielder, didn't get much playtime this season but training these days is like a full on game. There's also the right back at Crystal Palace, Danny Imray and Deron Payne in the Eredivisie. Loads of other players, Eve just needs to get his finger out his arse and get it done and at least put us out our misery by letting us know the outcomes of these players. He might at least get some sympathy and understanding if he's upfront with us about the talks he's had. This secrecy thing ent working for fans at all. Ghana and Jamaica letting yuh know out loud who they have on their radar!!

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2024, 04:46:24 PM »
Yeah Thomo. Payne is a good find. One parent is Trini. He should be called up long time. He is a 6 footer RB that can probably play CB. We need a good CB. David is 34, he struggles to stay quick after the 65th minute.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2024, 04:17:24 AM »
Yeah Thomo. Payne is a good find. One parent is Trini. He should be called up long time. He is a 6 footer RB that can probably play CB. We need a good CB. David is 34, he struggles to stay quick after the 65th minute.

I agree totally about David. It's time to move on. We have Leland Archer, and Luke Singh, Justin Garcia.
I believe the average age of the squad should be above 25 and maximum age should be no more than 28

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2024, 04:51:58 PM »
Archer is certainly not ready. 
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2024, 04:57:53 PM »
The aim of our players these days seems to be the USL or JPL. But anyway I am 100% angus ain't really looking if he was justin obikwu would have been discovered long ago.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2024, 02:57:01 PM »
Thomo  the squad named . I really wonder who is out there eligible for us . There are ways to get this info... No justin OBIKWU he must be injured
« Last Edit: May 24, 2024, 03:02:08 PM by Trini _2026 »

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2024, 04:32:10 PM »
Out of the five or six men that other members named in previous posts, Barnett seems to be the only one who is not listed as outright having a Trinidadian parent...all the others are fair game.

Funny enough Steffen Yeates is listed as having been called up in May or a 39-man squad for WC qualifying?
Has a squad been named??

"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2024, 07:12:34 PM »
Angus "sell out" Eve has a secret weapon so he plans to keep all selections close to his chest  :D :D :D :rotfl:

1]; } ?>