June 05, 2024, 10:39:31 AM

Author Topic: Bahrain ready for T&T  (Read 898 times)

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Bahrain ready for T&T
« on: November 15, 2005, 08:19:23 PM »
GO FOR IT BAHRAIN

By RAMI HULAYYEL

BAHRAIN players are set to go all out tonight in their quest to clear the final hurdle and clinch their first-ever ticket to the World Cup at the National Stadium. "We will go for it," declared Bahrain coach Luka Peruzovic ahead of the second-leg playoff against Trinidad and Tobago.

Bahrain not only hold an away goal advantage following a 1-1 draw in the first-leg in Port-of-Spain on Saturday, but also has the benfit of playing in front of their home fans.

But Bahrain have a few worries as two key players, captain and influential midfielder Mohammed Salmeen and key defender Abdulla Al Marzooqi will be unavailable due to suspensions

"The players are very motivated and I like their sense of pride. I'm enjoying every minute with them," said the 53-year-old Belgian who took over from German Wolfgang Sidka.

Peruzovic denied that Bahrain would adapt defensive tactics to safe guard the away goal advantage.

Peruzovic also declined to name the replacements for Salmeen and Al Marzooqi.

But it is widely believed that star striker Aal'a Hubail will start the match for the first time in eight months following a long term injury.

"We will play our normal game, like we did in the first-leg. But it's going to be a tough match for both sides," added Peruzovic.

On his part, Beenhakker expressed faith in his players and said that he was confident of his team booking a slot in the 2006 World Cup to be held in Germany.

"We respect Bahrain who played a good match at our ground. It is also true that some of our players disappointed in the first-leg.

"But they are now keen to work harder here. I just want my players to play a normal game in the second-leg," said the 63-year-old Dutchman.

Like Bahrain, Trinidad are also chasing their first-ever ticket to the World Cup.

Iran, Japan, Saudi Arabia and South Korea are the four other Asian countries already in the World Cup fray.
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

TrinInfinite

Re: Bahrain ready for T&T
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 10:14:15 PM »
a normal game? i doh understand dat quote by beenhakker, he soundin 2 laid back on dat statement

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 10:19:19 PM »
we do need to play our normal game...not panic and settle ourselves and play how we normally do..possession and build up the attacks...
I doh tink it was really laid back
Back in Trini...

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 10:19:41 PM »
a normal game? i doh understand dat quote by beenhakker, he soundin 2 laid back on dat statement

ice water flows thru his veins.

1]; } ?>