June 05, 2024, 10:07:46 AM

Author Topic: Boo Hoo I should have qualified  (Read 2307 times)

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Boo Hoo I should have qualified
« on: November 22, 2005, 06:56:19 PM »
Howdy,
Every four years it is the same crap over and over again. Some country complains that they should have gone to the World Cup in place of some weaker oppenent. This year the cry baby award goes to Uraguay.

The boys from South America are upset that they should be in the World Cup by the simple fact that they beat eventual group winners Argentina, tied Brazil home and away and play in the toughest qualifying group in the World. They have a point, should they have played T&T for a play-off the story may have been different last Wednesday.

My counter to that argument is that football a global game. Where would the World game be if the purest were to just simply pick the top 32 teams? Worse still 16 teams, with the majority made up of European teams with South American and a couple of squads from around the globe to add flavor.

I ask the question of where would football be in the US with just one team qualifying from Concacaf. Should the US not qualified for the WC in 1990 there would be no MLS. The same would be for the J-league in Japan and  Korean domestic football.

Where would football be in Africa without the more spots after 1994. Countries like Nigeria, Cameroon, South Africa and Senegal would not be able to capture the imagination of World. Worse still the level of the play would remain the same and countries like Ivory Coast, Angola, Togo and Ghana would still be sitting at home. They had to raise there game in order to reach Germany. Angola  is in the World Cup and are still recovering from years of civil war. What better way to unify and help rebuild the country than seeing there team play on the World stage.

Sorry Uraguay, you deserve more but football is much bigger than one country.  Dry your tears and this time finish in the top four.

Marc
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 01:20:19 PM by marcpurcell »
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Re: Boo Hoo I should have qualified
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 06:59:13 PM »
i could not have said it better

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 07:00:54 PM »
Uruaguay geh buff! ;D
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 07:02:33 PM »
we cry nuff time an uraguy shud know it hav nuttin as a essy football team i find dat by their statements they disrepcting trini an other countries like us
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 07:11:09 PM »
Recoba from Uruguay stated that Uruguay would beat Australia simply because they were Uruguay.  They won the World Cup twice and have been to many WC Finals so as far as he concerned, their pedigree alone means they "deserve" to be there.

I guess he forgot that the games are played on the field.  Even if T&T were to beat Uruguay in some kinda imaginary playoff, dey woulda still be cryin so is best to overs dem.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 07:12:44 PM »
excellent post mpurcell...it took the expansion of African spots to 5 for me to realise this...I was arguing with a bredrin from Cameroon b4 last world cup that South America needs more slots, but just watching the different style of football that SOuth africa brought to the world cup made me realize - damn isn't this mcuh better to watch than having 2" better"teams with the same style battle it out....
everything else you post also correct - more slots, improved nations (especially in Africa in my books)....
keep them coming

athough, I do feel it for the south americans....maybe they could play off with europe for yet another 1/2 spot.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2005, 08:01:58 AM »
To hell with Uraguay...

truetrini

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2005, 08:06:17 AM »
hahah Cinderella always goes to the ball.

Dem fellas never read de story or what?

Look at any big tournament.

Look how many time Cinderella beat de arse outta de big bad step sisters and dem.

steups.

We going, dey staying home.

Dey shoulda do what we do and win dey must win games.

Kiss my red Trini ass!

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2005, 08:13:25 AM »
Howdy,
Every four years it is the same crap over and over again. Some country complains that they should have gone to the World Cup in place of some weaker oppenent. This year the cry baby award goes to Uraguay.

The boys from South America are upset that they should be in the World Cup by the simple fact that they beat eventual group winners Argentina, tied Brazil home and away and play in the toughest qualifying group in the World. They have a point, should they have played T&T for a play-off they story may have been different last Wednesday.

My counter to that argument is that football a global game. Where would the World game be if the purest were to just simply pick the top 32 teams. Worse still 16 teams with the majority made up of European teams with South American and a couple of squads from around the globe to add flavor.

I ask the question of where would football be in the US with just one team from Concacaf. Should the US not qualified for the WC there would be no MLS. The same would be for the J-league in Japan and  Korean domestic football.

Where would football be in Africa without the more spots after 1994. Countries like Nigeria, Cameroon, South Africa and Senegal would not be able to capture the imagination of World. Worse still the level of the play would remain the same and countries like Ivory Coast, Angola, Togo and Ghana would still be sitting at home. They had to raise there game in order to reach Germany. Angola  is in the World Cup and are still recovering from years of civil war. What better way to unify and help rebuild the country than seeing there team play on the World stage.

Sorry Uraguay, you deserve more but football is much bigger than one country.  Dry your tears and this time finish in the top four.

Marc
Honestly I also tink dat TNT should have played Uraguay instaed of Bahrun but did Uraguay honestly feal dat dey could beat TNT?.. Uraguay cya beat a cricket team but dey wanna cry bout playing TNT?.. please Uraguay......
warmonga...
Black Lives Matter..

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2005, 09:48:07 AM »
uruguay stop de bitchin.allyuh gettin on meh nerves like bahrain.THAT'S THE WAY THE COOKIE CRUMBLES.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2005, 11:58:32 AM »
ah feel sorry for dem

forlan looking forlorn
recoba eh go recover
carini carrying on and
montero gone monterrey

;D too bad

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2005, 01:02:57 PM »
ah feel sorry for dem

forlan looking forlorn
recoba eh go recover
carini carrying on and
montero gone monterrey

;D too bad

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha  :rotfl:

if I feel sorry for anybody is Recoba
I did always like him as a player
f**k Uraguay though
doh tell we you deserve it more than we cause we work hard to get where we are
is unfortunate what happen but yuh had yuh shot against Australia and yuh 4k it up
is ah hard luck

Més que un club.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2005, 05:44:16 PM »
A virtually full strength Uruguay team was beaten by Jamaica last year. I think only Forlan didn't play. Recoba, Chevanton, Zalayeta etc were all there. Its wrong to judge teams by solitary games but that shit about pedigree should be enough to qualify won't work. Football is played on grass , the ball is round and it s 11 v 11.

Urugauy would complained any way. Uruguay qualified for that playoff by beting an Argentine team that refused to play football. It was a match between friends as Gol Tv's 45/45 said. They have no place complaining because that scam Argentina pulled through Columbia (a competitive team with good young players) out of WC06. So I really don't care about what Uruguay has to say about my T&T

1]; } ?>