June 03, 2024, 08:21:38 PM

Author Topic: Best coach to pass through T&T national teams?  (Read 7871 times)

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Best coach to pass through T&T national teams?
« on: November 28, 2005, 07:44:37 PM »
My Top four in order !

1) Leo
2) Simoes
3) Zoran Vranes
4) Stuart Charles Fervier

Anyone remember others Like: Sebastiano Perierra De Arajo, Joggen Figge ( he couldnt understand how the same football fans could fill the oval to watch cricket!) .
 Men like Porterfield who i think could have done much better with the support of Dwight and Russel !

The most limited coach i think we ever had was Bertille whose claim to fame almost 15 years after was the Portugal World Cup . What did he do from then to now ?

What do u all think !!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 08:05:22 PM by Tallman »

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: BEST COACH TO PASS THROUGH T&T NATIONAL TEAMS ??
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 07:51:33 PM »
Yes Vranes and Fervier did actually coach the national team !

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Re: Best coach to pass through T&T national teams?
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 08:19:21 PM »
TNTVILLIAN..........AWATT in yuh arse breds.

Like yuh is a newcomer to this ting call TT football.

Vranes coach we three times. Twice as senior team head coach, once as the under 20 coach and I ent really counting this.........he was the defensive coach just after Porters leave and Before Simoes came in.

He was Joe public coach and he win Two Copa Caribe titles with TT......also yuh ent remember when he was coaching TT in the Gold CUp and Dwarika light up usa and had them 2-0 just before the half.

Fevrier had a good lil stint with the TT side and it was he who unearth Spann, Noray, Baptiste and Whitley as he was close to the pro league players. Porters did a lil thing with Whitley but it was Fevrier who bring him out.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 08:21:21 PM »

Vranes coach we three times. Twice as senior team head coach, once as the under 20 coach and I ent really counting this.........he was the defensive coach just after Porters leave and Before Simoes came in.

He was Joe public coach and he win Two Copa Caribe titles with TT......also yuh ent remember when he was coaching TT in the Gold CUp and Dwarika light up usa and had them 2-0 just before the half.

Fevrier had a good lil stint with the TT side and it was he who unearth Spann, Noray, Baptiste and Whitley as he was close to the pro league players. Porters did a lil thing with Whitley but it was Fevrier who bring him out.

Thanks alot dude !

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 08:46:45 PM »
By the way
I bet you if you were to ask 100 random trinis if zoran vranes or fevrier ever coach the team you and christiano would be the only 2 fools who know the answer. All ya obvisiouly have no life besides staring at a computer screen all day long.

Villan you are moving like a clown to be calling men Ass because of your own ignorance.

Well i doh remember them so they must have done reall shyt.

Those are your words. Then yuh follow it up with...

I live away for 10 years i missed quite a bit of TnT Football in the 90's.

So my question is, "If yuh don't know the recent history of the side, why big up yuhself like you is the arbiter of who was and wasn't a good national team coach.

Vranes ONLY claim to fame is that he coach TnT. And Fevrier was the coach that they fire to hire Bertie the second time. He was coachi as recently as is the year 2003.

That have nothing to do with what you was doing in the 1990's.

By trying to insult men you only make yourself look more IGNORANT.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 08:50:25 PM by JDB »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2005, 08:47:36 PM »
By the way
I bet you if you were to ask 100 random trinis if zoran vranes or fevrier ever coach the team you and christiano would be the only 2 fools who know the answer. All ya obvisiouly have no life besides staring at a computer screen all day long.

Partner...I living up here a while now and I know dat. Fevrier never really had a good shot at a WC campaign though even though he was a good coach. Seemed to try and improve technique on d players a lot more and looked a lot into chemistry. Vranes was supposedly a good coach and was a big deal when he came in, I think he went and coach Joe Public after d national team and he was in one of dem small islands after dat.

Villan...easy yuhself...yuh cyah get vex at dem ting

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2005, 08:49:40 PM »
Oh and my picks that might draw some stick for d second choice. (is really because he is a Fatima ole boy and had offered to coach we in d 90's and Moore turn him down...what could have been...)

1. Don Leo
2. Cummings
3. Vranes
4. Fevrier

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2005, 09:00:39 PM »
Honestly lemee ask all ya something who ya rather fevrier and vranes and no world cup and no dwight and no latas or beenhakker the world cup dwight and latas.

My point is all the coaches before beenhakker with the exception of porterfield never really took us anywhere.

You really need to read better.

Nobody ranked them above Don Leo.

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2005, 09:03:00 PM »
Honestly lemee ask all ya something who ya rather fevrier and vranes and no world cup and no dwight and no latas or beenhakker the world cup dwight and latas.

My point is all the coaches before beenhakker with the exception of porterfield never really took us anywhere.

At some point we go be without Beenie, Yorke, Latas and we will still make it, 2006 ent d end for TnT football.

Ah know real men go breaks from dis but we get through on a playoff spot which is a first for the conference if I remember correctly. Vranes had to shoot for one of three spots, Porterfield also but we fell apart in the final round. Fevrier with enough time could pull something like Gally did...and I sticking to dat.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2005, 09:08:36 PM »
If you take Youth teams into consideration, BSC would be right up there.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2005, 09:15:37 PM »
If you take Youth teams into consideration, BSC would be right up there.

Yeah I wouldn't say that BSC was our most limited coach either. Not when we had so many men who ent even last half a year in some cases.

truetrini

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2005, 09:23:21 PM »
My Top four in order !

1) Leo
2) Simoes
3) Voran Vranes

Anyone remember others Like: Sebastiano Perierra De Arajo, Joggen Figge ( he couldnt understand how the same football fans could fill the oval to watch cricket!) .
 Men like Porterfield who i think could have done much better with the support of Dwight and Russel !

The most limited coach i think we ever had was Bertille whose claim to fame almost 15 years after was the Portugal World Cup . What did he do from then to now ?

What do u all think !!

Vranes and Fevrier ever coach the national team.

Porterfield was a good coach he got unlucky in the final round but he did great ind the 2nd round of the hex when we topped we group with 5 wins. I think we peaked to early that campaign.
breds you living inT&T?

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2005, 09:44:29 PM »
Yes Vranes and Fervier did actually coach the national team !

Well i doh remember them so they must have done reall shyt.

And in anycase fevrier is a waste of time.

When yuh ain't know something, ask ah question before yuh open yuh mouth and shit jump out.  Fevrier, in my opinion, was not given the backing and resources to work with.  He has done the job with Connection, and could do well if he were allowed to work under Beenie.  Vranes coached Public, Trinidad, and did a decent job when he coached Antigua.  Because yuh ain't know the men, doesn't mean that they ain't good.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2005, 09:46:31 PM »

Do what ya want. A$$hole.

I live away for 10 years i missed quite a bit of TnT Football in the 90's.

Report me but you still a jackass.

By the way

Villain, yuh being ah big As*hole.  If yuh been away, it would be a nice time to ask some men on the forum questions.  Yuh letting ignorance trample yuh.

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2005, 09:58:43 PM »
The rankings based on performance should be:

1) Don Leo "Beenie Man" Beenhakker for making dreams come true
2) Porterfield...He beat and tied Mexico at home, trounced Canada and if the team kept focus, we may have had a chance
3) Kevin Verity (before my time but if we did not get teef, we in de WC 32 years ago)
4) Gally....One tie away from Italia '90

BSC in his first stint may be given honorable mention. But after the second stint, well you all know wha happen dere. Needless to say, sequels are never as good as the original.

Vranes, although half decent, not worthy of consideration. Did he not go to Costa Rica on a scouting mission, but was turned away for no Visa?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 10:02:17 PM by BigToe »

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2005, 10:01:11 PM »
Villan:

Ya shaming de Claret and Blue. Take it easy soldier.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2005, 10:13:46 PM »
Fevrier, in my opinion, was not given the backing and resources to work with.  He has done the job with Connection, and could do well if he were allowed to work under Beenie. 

I believe that Fevrier was removed because we got a very favourable draw for the semis.

From the time the draw was made the Hex was a nailed on certainty for TnT and the TTFF decide to gamble on BSC rather than Stuart Charles for the Hex.

Tallman's info makes sense because before the draw everybody was talking about 2010. We had no team, weren't playing well and 2006 wasn't on the cards. After the draw the TTFF realize that the gamble was on because 4 out of 6 from the hex could go to the WC.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2005, 11:40:27 PM »
Beenhakker.
Verity.
Gally.
Roderick Warner.
BSC during his first stint.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Tha G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Anytime is trini time, cyah wait to buss ah lime
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2005, 12:16:44 AM »
I pitty villafan because he is ah dunse when it comes to T&T football. true he away fro 10 years, but I away fro 9 and know real ting bout we ball. Throughout de uears Trini have had lotts of good worldclass coaches dat did not get ah real chance too work with de team b4 dey get feddup with the administration and ting, it had ah man from Germany called Jochim Figgie or something like dat, when de man was leaving trinidat he said dat Trinidad have alot of natural tallent that has not been tapped ting but de reason dat he couldent stay on as coach was because de federation was not profesional, he couldnt get resources and ting. Bennie is de only man to comein and geh full control of selecting players, and having ah say in what de team did. None of de last 5 or so T&T coaches have had that type of contro of de team and respect of de players, and dat is why we going to Germany.

still, Respect to villafan ;D

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2005, 05:15:59 AM »
men real firing off stinging remarks  so aim your guns here

i honestly dont believe that st clair is the most gifted or technically sound of our coaches.
but ah find some men draging him through d mud 2 much man oh gosh. i  wouldnt talk bout his days as coach of signal hill   and their success or the fact that he carried the national youth team to the world youth cup.
i look at the fact that jack decided to give him another try at the start of this campaign
and our best gold gup finish was under him
his ability to scout young players i have yet to see been equalled by any other coach
the 1st time i heard about edwards was when st clair was a guest commentator at an intercol final he heaped praises on edwards so i knew a national cap was a must.
so this rounds st clair didnt make the cut thats a fact so leave it at that.
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2005, 05:40:57 AM »
Fellas - I know most of you gont like BSC. But in the interest of being Fair and Just, BErtille did take a National team to a Fifa Under 20  world cup,
My pick will be
Don Leo
Gally
Bertille
Porterfield
Verity

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2005, 06:00:09 AM »
My Top four in order !

1) Leo
2) Simoes
3) Voran Vranes

What do u all think !!

Vranes and Fevrier ever coach the national team.

Porterfield was a good coach he got unlucky in the final round but he did great ind the 2nd round of the hex when we topped we group with 5 wins. I think we peaked to early that campaign.
breds you living inT&T?

Living here all my life !!

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2005, 06:12:08 AM »
Stuart Charles Fervier is a very good coach , he wasnt given much of a chance but he is a product of the Brazilian School of footbal !

He is presently the coach of the most successful local club W CONNECTION and hes very knowledgeable about the game.!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2005, 07:34:11 AM »

Stuart Charles Fervier is a very good coach , he wasnt given much of a chance but he is a product of the Brazilian School of footbal !

He is presently the coach of the most successful local club W CONNECTION and hes very knowledgeable about the game.!

W connection has 10 brazilians 1 jamaican 1 columbian 2 st lucian 1 st kitts 1 guyanai 1 nigeria
17 foreigns players  >:( i need to say no more  >:(

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2005, 08:21:05 AM »
I  think Vranes was a good coach and was limited in his authoritiy during his time as National coach, he was subject to Jack Warner telling him who to play when world cup qualifiers come round, those were the days when Yorke and Latapy used to stay in separate hotel and come training late. I read a story in the papers once where on game day dem men come through half hour before kick off and Vranes wanted to bench dem and Jack say dey hadda play. Not good for team chemistry and the coach being an authorty figure in the team. That all in the past now and our boys are totally committed but any one of us who know about football can agree that that type of individualism can only hurt a team effort for success, BSC didnt' have it together tactically but at least he had the respect of Yorke and Latas. In Beenie we have a coach who combines the good parts of the previous, good tactician, gets all our players to act in a professional manner and no interference on the field from administration.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2005, 09:00:20 AM »

W connection has 10 brazilians 1 jamaican 1 columbian 2 st lucian 1 st kitts 1 guyanai 1 nigeria
17 foreigns players  >:( i need to say no more  >:(

Actually i think they only have 4 or 5 Brazilians. However players alone dont determine the success of a team . I have attended their training sessions .He drills them twice a day ! Very intense and motivational !

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2005, 09:13:39 AM »
I  think Vranes was a good coach and was limited in his authoritiy during his time as National coach, he was subject to Jack Warner telling him who to play when world cup qualifiers come round, those were the days when Yorke and Latapy used to stay in separate hotel and come training late. I read a story in the papers once where on game day dem men come through half hour before kick off and Vranes wanted to bench dem and Jack say dey hadda play. Not good for team chemistry and the coach being an authorty figure in the team. That all in the past now and our boys are totally committed but any one of us who know about football can agree that that type of individualism can only hurt a team effort for success, BSC didnt' have it together tactically but at least he had the respect of Yorke and Latas. In Beenie we have a coach who combines the good parts of the previous, good tactician, gets all our players to act in a professional manner and no interference on the field from administration.

then he was not a good coach, if he allowed all that and was also dictated upon. it is as simple as that.
the fact is Vranes is not a coach but actually a physical trainer from the former Yugoslavia. 
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline ß!aCkÒuT

• Sr. Warrior
  • Time To Play The Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2005, 09:15:30 AM »
Mr.. Beenie
If love were a flame, it has ignited my soul...my one spark has created the magnificent fire of true passion

".The Poet."

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2005, 09:23:36 AM »
Beenie man
Simoes
Frevier

BSC is waste of time no matter how good he may be from the time u not picking
players bcuz of their hairstyle an that kinda sh!t and lettin yuh old time tobago mentality come out u doh need to be coaching ANY kind of sport

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2005, 09:30:30 AM »

then he was not a good coach, if he allowed all that and was also dictated upon. it is as simple as that.
the fact is Vranes is not a coach but actually a physical trainer from the former Yugoslavia.

He surely had St. Vincent playing some good football in the first round of World Cup qualifying, our victories were less than convincing, late goals won it for us and we were 5 times stronger than them on paper. My point was that a coach needs to have full control of his team. Only then he can be fully accountable for the results.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

1]; } ?>