Sidebar

24
Tue, Oct
51 New Articles

Typography

Midfielder-turned-full-back Carlos Edwards is facing a possible driving ban having admitted one of a number of driving offences. The 32-year-old has pleaded guilty to driving without third party insurance and is facing five further charges.

The Trinidad and Tobago international was arrested while allegedly driving a Mercedes on the A14 at Bury St Edmunds on the morning of January 22nd, the day he scored the third of Town’s goals in a 3-2 victory over Doncaster Rovers at Portman Road.

He was charged with driving without a licence, driving without insurance and driving without an MOT. Edwards is yet to enter a plea to these charges, however, he has pleaded guilty by post to a charge of driving without third party insurance in relation to an earlier incident on January 28th when he was stopped in Duke Street in Ipswich in a Land Rover.

The former Wrexham, Sunderland and Luton man also faces charges of driving without a licence and driving without an MOT with regards to the January incident.

Edwards was due to appear at South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court last week but didn’t attend the hearing and his case has been adjourned until May 12th.

Meanwhile, Norwich City chief executive David McNally has said he intends to complain to Suffolk police regarding their handling of Thursday’s derby: “Really disappointed with the police treatment of our fans on Thursday night. We will be lodging an official complaint,” he tweeted.

Around 100 Norwich fans are reported to have still been outside the ground when the match kicked off after an apparent stand-off between the two sets of fans in Portman Road.

Seven of the 19 people arrested at the derby have been charged with threatening behaviour and will appear at South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court on May 4th and 9th.

On Friday, Inspector Matthew Rose said Suffolk Constabulary were pleased with the way their operation had gone: “From my point of view the operation has been an absolute success.”