May 18, 2024, 03:08:17 PM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 472157 times)

Offline Red Mango

• because football, does bring we together...
  • Sr. Warrior
  • We Comin'... Bless up!...
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #930 on: September 13, 2010, 07:20:12 AM »
Pepe is an AMAZING goalie... nuff said, is he the best?... maybe, he has the records to suggest this. Every team has its strengths and weaknesses, Pepe Reina is definitely a strength for Liverpool Football Club.
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: September 13, 2010, 08:11:07 AM »
Chelsea have not played a 4-5-1 on any occasion since Ancelotti took over. 442 diamond or 433 every time. And they stopped playing the diamond since January.

That's nice to know... now go how about you going back and read what I actually wrote.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: September 13, 2010, 08:25:20 AM »
Brad Friedel up to last season was the baddest keeper in the EPL (or at least the best shot-stopper)...Van Der Sar second. 

Cech making a comeback...he didn't inspire confidence for sometime after his head injury.

One of the most underrated keepers in the past 10 seasons is Bolton's Jussi Jaaskelainen...
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 08:27:20 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: September 13, 2010, 01:12:51 PM »
My EPL Top Five (No order):

Reina, Friedel, Van Der Sar, Given, Jaaskelainen

right outside:  Joe Hart

Offline Red Mango

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: September 15, 2010, 01:09:21 PM »
A four-time Golden Glove winner with Liverpool, Reina has consistently proved his worth between the sticks...
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: September 15, 2010, 01:51:19 PM »
So who Pool playin in de Champions' League? 
I not seein their name anywhere, they have a bye to the nex round?

:devil:

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: September 15, 2010, 02:06:31 PM »

When you've won it five times, you can take a year off every so often  ;D  :beermug:

Offline Red Mango

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: September 15, 2010, 02:13:02 PM »

When you've won it five times, you can take a year off every so often  ;D  :beermug:
:beermug: :beermug:

You tell 'em breds...

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: September 15, 2010, 04:53:02 PM »

lol arright good one

Offline Red Mango

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: September 16, 2010, 02:41:59 PM »
Babel needs to stop tweeting... ;D

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: October 17, 2010, 10:03:52 AM »
Imagine a Merseyside Derby is also a relegation battle!  :thinking:
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: October 17, 2010, 07:24:28 PM »
Bitter yuh aint lie dey ....

It real SAD tuh see......I have to believe both team will stay above relegation and Liverpool above Everton when the final table standings are shown... ;D
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Red Mango

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: October 17, 2010, 09:11:29 PM »
Bitter yuh aint lie dey ....

It real SAD tuh see......I have to believe both team will stay above relegation and Liverpool above Everton when the final table standings are shown... ;D

ENT?!... YNWA

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: November 07, 2010, 12:04:24 PM »
The result was fantastic today of course, but many positives:

• Lucas had his best match in a red shirt
  • Torres back to his best
  • Reina solid as usual
  • The end of 4-2-3-1?
  • Kuyt ran his socks off (as usual)

The fixture list looks very promising through the rest of the year. Feeling good. And well done to the team.  :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: November 07, 2010, 12:14:33 PM »
Roy plan finally starting to take hold... Glen Johnson has been out for a while now, Agger hasn't really returned to his old consistent self since his concussion three months ago, Torres just rounding back into form, Kuyt... threatening to surpass Dalglish and Macca as my favorite Red ever... coming back early from injury and assisting on Torres' goal... all these players have been out for long stretches.  Seems like Roy was trying to weather the storm and not lose too much ground early by playing conservatively.  The problem with that was that given our defensive struggles early that didn't leave much margin for victory.

Defensively, I still prefer to see Agger in there with Carragher, Johnson and Skrtel, but Konchesky has been a great signing, Carra enjoying a mini revival... and Skrtel has been his usual rock solid self.  Kelly filled in nicely today and we got great games out of Lucas and Meireles... even Maxi put in a mini-shift, even though he squandered a nice late chance off the pass from Ngog.  I'm willing to say that we've rounded the corner with out play... and to an extent, we've only just started hitting our stride.

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: November 07, 2010, 01:58:19 PM »
said it once an i will say it again: Welcome Back Liverpool. Great win BnS y'all deserve it.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: November 07, 2010, 02:21:58 PM »
said it once an i will say it again: Welcome Back Liverpool. Great win BnS y'all deserve it.

Thanks, we still have a ways to go... health, consistency for sure are still issues.  But defensively we getting better, and with Torres back in form (not saying he's there yet) we'll be contending for Top Four again.  Baby steps...

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: November 07, 2010, 02:43:40 PM »
Roy plan finally starting to take hold... Glen Johnson has been out for a while now, Agger hasn't really returned to his old consistent self since his concussion three months ago, Torres just rounding back into form, Kuyt... threatening to surpass Dalglish and Macca as my favorite Red ever... coming back early from injury and assisting on Torres' goal... all these players have been out for long stretches.  Seems like Roy was trying to weather the storm and not lose too much ground early by playing conservatively.  The problem with that was that given our defensive struggles early that didn't leave much margin for victory.

Defensively, I still prefer to see Agger in there with Carragher, Johnson and Skrtel, but Konchesky has been a great signing, Carra enjoying a mini revival... and Skrtel has been his usual rock solid self.  Kelly filled in nicely today and we got great games out of Lucas and Meireles... even Maxi put in a mini-shift, even though he squandered a nice late chance off the pass from Ngog.  I'm willing to say that we've rounded the corner with out play... and to an extent, we've only just started hitting our stride.

Agger will not play any time soon.  He is now behind Kyriagos, who seems to have even displaced Carragher to be the preferred central partner of Skrtel.  He is the best passing center back that we have, but he needs to remaoin healthy to give himself a chance to displace one of those guys.  Typically, Hudgson's coaching style takes a while to get accustomed to; his teams don't do well in the first season, but this is Liverpool, so he might not have that kind of luxury.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: November 28, 2010, 10:22:14 AM »
Good battle today between Glen Johnson and Gareth Bale along Liverpool's right side.  Bright start to the match so far, but Spurs have lost their talisman, Van Der Vaart.  0-0 in the 20'

EDIT:

Finally, a bit of luck this season... Skrtel off the scramble in the Tottenham box 1-0 Liverpool 42'

Only 4 goals and 5 pts away from Anfield this season... so nice to go ontopo on the road.  To do it with only the second goal of Skrtel's Liverpool career, fortune might just be favoring us today.

-------------------------------

Very lively game... if not for all the right reasons.  Very poor officiating by Martin Atkinson today... he's totally intimidated/influenced by the crowd.  Spurs have gotten the benefit of every call, 50-50 balls called fouls on Liverpool... fouls on Liverpool given cards.  By my count we've been carded 4 or 5 times already and it's only the 60'.

The latest was a Fabregas-esque handball called on N'gog in the wall... which was iffy to me.  N'gog jumped with both hands straight up then bent his elbows as the ball came to his face.   The ball hit his elbow and handball was given.  The issue though was whether N'gog was in the box when he allegedly handled the ball, replays showed he was on the line with the ball hitting his elbows outside the box.  Close call, but Atkinson never consulted his linesman.  Made moot in the end b/c Defoe missed the penalty.

1-1 in the 70'

Spurs still pulled even as Modric forced the issue in the Liverpool box, forcing Skrtel into an own-goal.  First time in EPL history that a player has scored on both ends in the same game.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 11:31:12 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: November 28, 2010, 12:01:17 PM »
Final 2-1 Spurs... Lennon with the winner in the 92'

Bitter... bitter result.  Good game for the neutral observer.  Promising game for Liverpool... but we squandered too many chances and in the end our reluctance to pressure Spurs on the ball, the loss of Carra to injury and  Spurs relentless second-half play, particularly the deep balls to Crouch, eventually conspired to cost us the game.

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: November 28, 2010, 12:06:10 PM »
Hard luck today reds.  I thought it was going to be your day with the early injuries to key players, shots cleared off the line and the penalty miss (granted it was a bad call).

Hell of a fightback today but I feel we pushing our luck now.....supporting Spurs is definitely not for weak hearts :D

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: November 28, 2010, 12:06:41 PM »
First time in EPL history that a player has scored on both ends in the same game.

I heard the announcer say that it was the 1st weekend in EPL history that all teams scored... didn't hear that one- interesting.  

Very good game and heartbreaking loss for the reds- neither team deserved to lose...but a 1-1 scoreline would not have done the game justice... so I guess something had to give.  

Very impressed with Modric and Lucas- fierce small man battle in the middle of the field- Modric got the nod. 
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 12:13:47 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: November 28, 2010, 12:11:51 PM »
First time in EPL history that a player has scored on both ends in the same game.

Not quite.  Hangeland did it for Fulham vs Man U this season.
http://www.goal.com/en/match/45986/fulham-vs-man-utd/report

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: November 28, 2010, 12:12:24 PM »
We need to buy...plain and simple.  If not, we'll lose Reina  and Torres in the summer.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: November 28, 2010, 12:32:28 PM »
to make matters worse Liverpool were just drawn to play United at OT in the FA Cup in Jan

cant wait for that

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: November 28, 2010, 01:45:47 PM »

Not quite.  Hangeland did it for Fulham vs Man U this season.
http://www.goal.com/en/match/45986/fulham-vs-man-utd/report

Likely that I heard wrong then  :beermug:

As for drawing United... bring it on, we eh frighten, the team finally starting to play well, even if the consistency isn't there as yet.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: December 06, 2010, 04:04:23 PM »
Very nice overall game by Liverpool... N'gog, Babel and Maxi with clinical finishes, Lucas and Meireles looked really good in midfield to complement Maxi and Kuyt.  Kuyt had a bit of an off day today with his touches, for once his industry didn't result in productivity. 

N'gog looked really dangerous and confident today though.  I'm not sure if that's the result of playing against a bunch of largely second-team defenders or whether Hodgson's show of confidence in him by playing him as much as he has, is finally paying dividends.  Whatever the reason, him and Babel really complemented each other nicely today.

Congrats to Pepe Reina as well... 100 clean sheets in 198 EPL games, more than half his games have resulted in clean sheets, yet he's never really mentioned among the list of top EPL keepers.  Spectacular record to support his steady play and occasional spectacular reflex saves.

8th place and rising...

Offline Red Mango

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: December 06, 2010, 06:00:07 PM »
Liverpool till I die!...

ah only hope Babel doh let dat goal go to he head doh... he'll be tweeting fuh months about dat...

3 points, 10 points off the top, the league is tight. Thanks Ged, for turning up.

YNWA

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: December 11, 2010, 12:23:01 PM »
Very frustrating first half... Newcastle up 1-0 on Kevin Nolan's 16' minute poke past Reina in the box.  Barton sent a 35-yard free kick to Andy Carroll, who nodded it down to Nolan... who was half a step offside, which wasn't called.  Liverpool on the other hand aren't looking very sharp.  The focus is there (with the one big glaring exception being slow to react on Nolan's goal), but the execution is lacking in the final third.

1-0 at the half to Newcastle.

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: December 11, 2010, 12:28:11 PM »
What a poor Liverpool team. No playmaker. Very little player movement and
no attacking ideas what so ever.  Maxi Rodriguez in my opinion not a Liverpool player
overated at every level

1]; } ?>