May 23, 2024, 01:02:05 PM

Author Topic: Letter from Shaka to Warner sent sunday 17th june  (Read 19582 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Letter from Shaka to Warner sent sunday 17th june
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2007, 08:23:29 AM »
FPATT, I guess you know about http://www.transparencyinsport.org/ and http://www.playthegame.org/
Yes, mate. Andrew Jennings has put him self on the line to defeat corruption. Top crusader.
I am waiting for his Interview with Dr. Urs Linsi.
now THAT will be worth it's weight in gold  ;D
but FIFA would probably sue his ASSETS off him ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2007, 09:02:46 AM »
I think the critical assumption you're making is that the letter was written in hopes of bringing about a specific course of action from the TTFF.  In case you haven't been following...private entreaties to negotiate have been rebuffed...then the players stance has been deliberately misconstrued.  There is no friendly way to bring the TTFF back to the table.  The only recourse is to hope for external pressure...be it from FIFA directly, or thru the public.  If you read the letter a fourth time you might realize that Shaka is really speaking AT Jack...and not TO him.

i read it again and i tink see what allyuh saying ... so dat letter is posturing before de blows come??

so another question .. if all attempts at negotiation have failed, and from what I gather, there is already public awareness .. .why the pussy footing around? just to gain more public support?

I see WC say, dis is a warning shot? and TTFT response will dictate de next move.  So is dis de final, final warning, or is dere another final warning to follow.  Is Shaka giving Warner a final chance to come to de table before he unleashes all his ammo?  btw what is de ammo?

just trying to understand de strategy

I don't think there are 'blows to come' per se...I think what you are watching is the prelude to litigation.  To counter the image of the Soca Warriors as greedy blackmailers, Shaka decided to go on the offensive and counter some of the mischaracterizations of himself and his teammates and essentially put the issue 'out there' for the public to judge...before the real 'judgement' begins.

btw...I have no particular insight into what going on, I just speculating and offering opinion much like yuhself, so it's not like I definitely right and you wrong on this.

...but my version make more sense  ;D

i always ready to listen to a superior argument  :)

What yuh conclude make sense - metaphorically, the ammo and blows to come is litigation bolstered by public support  - a big lawsuit  - let the lawyers decide how to frame it.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 20, 2007, 09:13:15 AM »

What yuh conclude make sense - metaphorically, the ammo and blows to come is litigation bolstered by public support  - a big lawsuit  - let the lawyers decide how to frame it.

:beermug: :beermug:

My hope is that the least this does is bring pressure to bear upon the TTFF to open up their books for independent, impartial examination...which is pretty much a pipe dream at this point, but...

Quick question, b/c I've been seeing conflicting statements regarding this 'agreement'.  Was this a promise or an actual agreement?  Granted such a thing as an oral contract exists, but was this actually set in writing...you or anybody else know?

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 20, 2007, 12:48:05 PM »

:beermug: :beermug:

From what I gather, Mr Warner met with the players after the Sweden match and increased the written agreement of 30% to 50%. As I understand it, the written agreement was actually minutes from a meeting agreeing the package. Although not a written contract per se, as there was no further agreements, this stands up in law as it was agreed by both parties. The increase was a verbal amendment, and as such, unless retracted in writing, is also enforceable. There has never been any disagreement that the agreement exists. The disagreement is over how the money is quantified. The players believe it was 50% of income, TTFF are saying it is 50% of net profit. TTFF have included travel, food, training facilities etc as expenses before they players get their share, so effectively, the players paid for themselves to go, whereas the administrators and advisers got their expenses paid. Its a bit like your boss paying you and then deducting business expenses such as rent, electricity, phone bills etc before paying you. You expect to get paid to do your job and the bosses pay the bills. If they got it wrong - tough. Maybe next time they'll do their maths. Don't forget, the players were happy with 30%, it was Warner that increased it.

My hope is that the least this does is bring pressure to bear upon the TTFF to open up their books for independent, impartial examination...which is pretty much a pipe dream at this point, but...

Quick question, b/c I've been seeing conflicting statements regarding this 'agreement'.  Was this a promise or an actual agreement?  Granted such a thing as an oral contract exists, but was this actually set in writing...you or anybody else know?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 20, 2007, 12:57:07 PM »

From what I gather, Mr Warner met with the players after the Sweden match and increased the written agreement of 30% to 50%. As I understand it, the written agreement was actually minutes from a meeting agreeing the package. Although not a written contract per se, as there was no further agreements, this stands up in law as it was agreed by both parties. The increase was a verbal amendment, and as such, unless retracted in writing, is also enforceable. There has never been any disagreement that the agreement exists. The disagreement is over how the money is quantified. The players believe it was 50% of income, TTFF are saying it is 50% of net profit. TTFF have included travel, food, training facilities etc as expenses before they players get their share, so effectively, the players paid for themselves to go, whereas the administrators and advisers got their expenses paid. Its a bit like your boss paying you and then deducting business expenses such as rent, electricity, phone bills etc before paying you. You expect to get paid to do your job and the bosses pay the bills. If they got it wrong - tough. Maybe next time they'll do their maths. Don't forget, the players were happy with 30%, it was Warner that increased it.

Good looking out...

This being the case, hard to understand how Jack and the TTFF expects to have this fly then....

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 23, 2007, 07:13:40 PM »
FPATT, Shaka get ah response yet?
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 23, 2007, 07:41:06 PM »
Pecan,
have you seen this post?
(click on "infamous spreadsheet")
the fact that the infamous spreadsheet actually calculates what 50% of the alleged profits would be should be sufficient evidence that the 50% was agreed to.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 07:43:58 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 23, 2007, 08:04:58 PM »
Pecan,
have you seen this post?
the fact that the infamous spreadsheet actually calculates what 50% of the alleged profits would be should be sufficient evidence that the 50% was agreed to.

50% of (141,000) does not go very far between the eligible players.

I thought more money was involved? or is the issue the accounting of both the expenses and the income

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 23, 2007, 08:08:37 PM »
Pecan,
have you seen this post?
50% of (141,000) does not go very far between the eligible players.
I thought more money was involved? or is the issue the accounting of both the expenses and the income
well when FIFA paid TTFF for the players expenses and then Austin gets the players to pay they own expenses, there MUST be questions asked, right?
plus the spreadsheet is not backed by an accounting firm as far as I know.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 23, 2007, 08:23:52 PM »
Which of these expenses were paid by FIFA?

Accommodation
Accreditation and uniforms
Advertisng - Radio & Newspapers
Players' Dressing Rooms 
Allowances
FIFA/CONCACAF Dues
Gate administration
Insurance - Public Liability
Licence - COTT and bar
Media 
Medical
Match day expenses
Players match Fees
Printing 
Refreshments
Rental -Equipment
Rental of Sound System
Scouting fees
Security:
Signage and Field Boards
Transportation - airfares & ground

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 24, 2007, 03:43:53 AM »

I'm afraid there are no prizes for guessing the correct answer to this one!!

If theres any communication, I will post it here.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 24, 2007, 09:10:17 AM »
 Jack set himself up to get sexed and he`s not even on the field

Keep on marching Warriors

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 24, 2007, 04:43:28 PM »
Well,

All I can say is that I am proud to have Shaka lending his international prestige to a cause which he personally does not need. It's a sacrifice for him, losing out on qualty time with his family an all. He is putting himself in the firing line from all the wickedness that Jackula and his cronies want to inflict on innocent Shaka. It also must feel real tough to know that yuh sacrifice and some, I said some, shallow trinis jess find time to criticize de effort, de vocabulary, de spelling. Steuppsss.

Look! Is time to show Jackula what timeit is right now, cause he is getting worse by the minute and nobody better doh tell  me no crap about wha' is de point of strategizing against Jackula. Yuh hear!!!?  >:( >:( >:( >:(
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 25, 2007, 05:27:50 AM »

I'm afraid there are no prizes for guessing the correct answer to this one!!

If theres any communication, I will post it here.
Ah figured as much....is Jack Shaka dealing wid.....even in he capacity as CONCACAF president he still bad mind and vindictive.....I hope other CONCACAF countries taking note....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>