Who Agree.

100% Support
22 (68.8%)
50% Support
7 (21.9%)
10% Support
3 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: Building 2010 From Now.... Read !!!  (Read 5561 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Building 2010 From Now.... Read !!!
« on: April 18, 2006, 05:16:05 AM »
We need men who have T&T at heart and will back up their minds by doing work, none stop thinkers.

After the World Cup is done I think Russell Latapy should become T&T head coach. Realistically we cannot afford to keep Beenhakker, but if we could have, then Beenhakker should be the man to keep with T&T with Latapy as assistant, if not, Latapy all the way.

Head Coach: Russell Latapy.
Assistants: Anthony Rougier, Angus Eve & Shaka Hislop.

Technical Directors: Lincoln Phillips & Whim Rijsbergen.

Media: Shaun Fuentes and Flex Mohammed. Lasana Liburd good to, I hope they can patch things up, Liburd is a boss writer too, but I know that may not happen. So Shaun and Flex good enough.

Under 21 Head Coach: Stephan Hart.
Under 21 Assistants: Michael Grayson, Michael Maurice.
Media: Gilbert O'Connor.

Under 17 Head Coach: Leroy Spann.
Under 17 Assistants: Stuart Charles, Jerren Nixon.

Under 15 Head Coach: Jan Steadman.
Under 15 Assistants: Clayton Morris, Ken Elie.

Women Team Head Coach: Mark Krikorian (USA).
Assistants: Ricarda Nelson, Isla Brown, Jamaal Shabazz.

Physical Trainer For All Teams: Ato Boldon.

Scouts: Ronnie Mauge (England), Flex Mohammed (USA, East/North), Nigel Myers (USA, South, West), Bobby Sookram (Trinidad), Bertille St Clair (Tobago). Tallman and Flex is the wickedest combo we can get, them men will make things happen once they get the support and get the resources.

Comentators: Andre Baptiste, Brian Springer.

Official Website: Soca Warriors Online. www.socawarriors.net

I know Yorke is here to, but he maynot want to be part of the staff or not as yet ?

Axed Men: Richard Gorden, Oliver Camps, Alvin Corneal and Anton Corneal. To much controversy, especially from Gorden and Alvin. Jack Warner needs better men to work under him to really see the best for the future.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 07:47:07 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Building 2010 From Now.... Read !!!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 06:18:58 AM »
This idea is very possible, but how to convince Jack Warner to do this is the impossible part.

I for it 100%, this is a great bunch of men who will work hand in hand. No back biters here.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 06:22:20 AM »
Ah like dah line up doctor. It readin like ah dream team of coaches and scouts

But wuh yuh go wit Jack? he tie up in de basement of crawford stadium or wha
Cause if Jack day...Liburd is gettin NO wukk

Matter of fact 60% of de men call, is gettin nuttn
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline sin

• wordspinner
  • Sr. Warrior
  • red GIRL from sando, kairi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 07:00:10 AM »
We need men who have T&T at heart and will back up their minds by doing work.

After the World Cup is done I think Russell Latapy should become T&T head coach. Realistically we cannot afford to keep Beenhakker, but if we could have, then Beenhakker should be the man to keep with T&T with Latapy as assistant, if not, Latapy all the way.

Media: Shaun Fuentes and Flex Mohammed. Lasana Liburd good to, I hope they can patch things up, Liburd is a boss writer too, but I know that may not happen once they get the support and get the resources.

Under 21 Head Coach: Stephan Hart.
Under 21 Assistants: Michael Grayson, Michael Maurice.
Media: Gilbert O'Connor.

Under 17 Head Coach: Leroy Spann.
Under 17 Assistants: Stuart Charles, Jerren Nixon.

Under 15 Head Coach: Jan Steadman.
Under 15 Assistants: Clayton Morris, Ken Elie.

Women Team Head Coach: Mark Krikorian (USA).
Assistants: Ricarda Nelson, Isla Brown, Jamaal Shabazz.

Physical Trainer For All Teams: Ato Boldon.

Scouts: Ronnie Mauge (England), Flex Mohammed (USA, East/North), Nigel Myers (USA, South, West), Jan Steadman (Trinidad), Bertille St Clair (Tobago). Tallman and Flex is the wickedest combo we can get, them men will make things happen.

Comentators: Andre Baptiste, Brian Springer.

Official Website: Soca Warriors Online. www.socawarriors.net

I know Yorke is here to, but he maynot want to be part of the staff or not as yet ?

Axed Men: Richard Gorden, Oliver Camps, Alvin Corneal and Anton Corneal. To much controversy, especially from Gorden and Alvin.

Gimmie a bligh in the media section nah  :angel:
-be the change you wish to see-

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 07:00:25 AM »
Good idea, but I hear Anton Corneal and Lincoln Phillips ain't get paid in months now,,,, Richard Gorden spiting them,,,, so how will this work, the TTFF heads like Camps and Gorden will get paid first and forget the rest, they will never step down and Jack Warner loves them, so this hear is just a dream Sam, I wish it would happen, but is the TTFF we working with.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 07:21:38 AM by Flex »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 07:12:42 AM »
Whey the sports psychologist and the athletic therapist?

Who go be the 'money man?

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2006, 07:28:55 AM »
Apart from Lincoln and Anton not being paid months now,, I also heard that the parents for the players that went to the Dallas Cup had to come out with money for their kids on that team, visa, uniforms etc. The TTFF was against that tournament and only paid for transportation and accommodation.

How do we suppose to move up when the federation dont support long term programs. We definitely need better people in change, Jack Warner will help, but he is being miss guided by Gorden.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 09:13:21 AM by Flex »

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
  • ultra del vicchia signora
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2006, 07:37:46 AM »
Apart from Lincoln and Anton not being paid months now,, I also heard that the parents for the players that went to the Dallas Cup had to come out with money for their kids on that team, visa, uniforms etc. The TTFF was against that tournament and only paid for transportation and accommodation.

How do we suppose to move up when the federation dont support long term programs. We definitely need better people in change, Jack Warner will help, but he is being miss guided by Gorden.

this eh d first time that kinda shit happen with a yute team.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 09:14:01 AM by Flex »

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2006, 07:55:06 AM »
I find that now that we have a PFL runnign regularly, we need to stop picking coaches randomly and by name and from what we know about them. if a man want to coach national team (locally based, from youth level upwards), he had to have led a team to some kind of success. And not just winning schools league...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2006, 08:20:46 AM »

So where is the Managerial experience?  Why men feel that coaching a National team is a walk in the park that any experienced player can handle and excel in?  What are latapy's credentials for the Head Coach position?  What are Rougier's, Shaka, and Angus' credentials for ass't head coach positions?

This is absolute rubbish.  Sorry to be so blunt.

After all that Beenhakker has done, you would think that people would see the value of AN EXPERIENCED, QUALIFIED, VETERAN coach.  Beenhakker is 80% of the reason why we made it to the big dance.

If we cannot afford him we go with a caretaker coach who also has decent credentials.  Not first timers.

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2006, 08:28:22 AM »
no jahyouth..LATAPY is the reason we going to the big dance.......

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2006, 09:06:53 AM »
no jahyouth..LATAPY is the reason we going to the big dance.......

Latapy play ah big part to set off things BUT how he go be the reason....wasn't he in like about FOUR World Cup qualifiers and we didn't make it...so at 37 he is the reason...steups

We need to keep Leo....he have no favorites.  Other than that we DEAD.

We CANNOT have ah local coaching the Senior National Team they are too biased and have their own favorites. Good names yuh call there Sam but they need to be demoted ah level. None of those names should be Senior Team coach.

IF we HAVE to HAVE someone from T&T or in T&T I would go with Terry Fenwick. He has proven himself in T&T without a doubt...and has been able to get the best out of our locals.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2006, 09:08:29 AM »
Jahyouth ah disappointed in your reply.... is pure assness yuh dealing with.. Latapy will learn alot under Beenhakker in the world cup and he could also be trained to do a good job. De man have creditals, he just need to further it, we need long term and in 4 years Latas will be more than able. If Beenhakker stick around then Latas could be his assistant, he is better to groom than Anton Corneal 1000%. Same with Rougier, Hislop and Eve, they can all be trained and further their knowledge, this is why Lincoln Phillips & Whim Rijsbergen will be there, to look over and help.

Read my post again... I did say Beenhakker is first choice to keep, but is the TTFF who have de key to that, $$$$ and sense wise.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 09:10:23 AM by Flex »

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2006, 09:16:51 AM »
Jahyouth ah disappointed in your reply.... is pure assness yuh dealing with.. Latapy will learn alot under Beenhakker in the world cup and he could also be trained to do a good job. De man have creditals, he just need to further it, we need long term and in 4 years Latas will be more than able. If Beenhakker stick around then Latas could be his assistant, he is better to groom than Anton Corneal 1000%. Same with Rougier, Hislop and Eve, they can all be trained and further their knowledge, this is why Lincoln Phillips & Whim Rijsbergen will be there, to look over and help.

Read my post again... I did say Beenhakker is first choice to keep, but is the TTFF who have de key to that, $$$$ and sense wise.

I hear yuh Sam but Latapy is green as a coach.  Why would you want a first time coach to be the head coach of a team that just returned from the World Cup?  The man is green.  Face it.  As for the other men you called as ass't coaches: what are their qualifications?  Being good players?  That is not enough.  Sorry.

There are many better options out there.  And having a World Cup under our belt it should be easier to find good coaching talent to be the head coach of Trinidad and Tobago, at an affordable price.  Remember, we not like before.  We are a World Cup team now, and so many good coaches in the region will see us a desirable location and a chance to handle a good team.

fabio

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2006, 09:21:06 AM »
Sounds good to me Sam. but ah aint feel stuart go want to work under leroy. that st lucian yuh c him dey. uh. but sounding good man.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 09:29:30 AM by Flex »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2006, 09:28:39 AM »
Once you have de heart you can acomplish anything !!!!!!!!! Beenhakker bring that back into our players and that was part of his success. Latapy will bring heart into the game. I agree with you, not all good players are good coaches, but these men have the experience and heart to go further in life, a good balance and support is what you need, these men what to give something back and will bend backwards to help... But I hear yuh...

But Beenhakker is a BIG PLUS to keep...
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 09:30:53 AM by Flex »

Offline shooter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2006, 09:45:53 AM »
i wish yuh could forward this to the ttff....good idea but say what....all the good ideas does go unappreciated and the ttff always doing things they own way....but i support it....especially the coaches for the youth systems....that real good dred....bless

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2006, 10:42:27 AM »
GREAT IDEA SAM.

ah go send some gyuls tuh yuh house tuh reward yuh everytime yuh come yup wit ting like this.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline sin

• wordspinner
  • Sr. Warrior
  • red GIRL from sando, kairi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2006, 10:50:18 AM »
i wish yuh could forward this to the ttff....good idea but say what....all the good ideas does go unappreciated and the ttff always doing things they own way....but i support it....especially the coaches for the youth systems....that real good dred....bless

And why not? A lil letter to Oliver Camps, press release it to Shaun, even send it to Jack. Just make sure they doh thing it coming from Boynes, cause then you know it will never see the light of day    ::)
-be the change you wish to see-

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2006, 02:47:05 PM »
Ah agree with most of it Sam, buh as Jahyouth say we need men with credentials, and although Latapy would be best for the future,  Ithink he should start as Assistant Coach under Beenie or some of same calibre and gain some experience first. We know he already hinted that this is what he want to do, now we just have to give him the opportunity, but not just give it to him without him proving himself..and I think Latapy would be ready in 4 Yrs time if he get the chance and support.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2006, 03:30:53 PM »
We need men who have T&T at heart and will back up their minds by doing work, none stop thinkers.

Whay qualification does one need to be a national team coach?  Ias coaching a national team the same as coaching a club team?  PLEASE EXPLAIN SOMEONE!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2006, 04:06:44 AM »
NC, what ever happened to your Anotn Corneal interview, like he get some hard questions he cant answer....  :rotfl:

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2006, 11:25:51 AM »
SAM-: With all due respect I like this idea, but I wondering how you came up with some of these appointees.
Why Mark Krikorian? since you went for a US bases coach; how about Ron Celestin ; or Hope Powell
What coaching credentials and experience does Isla Brown or Ricarda Nelson have?
Why exactly do you exclude Anton C from involvement at any level.

As we respond to this exercise please consider the plight of the Nigeria national teams as they too clamored for local coaches who they believed could get the same results as the foreign coaches
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2006, 05:04:31 PM »
Wham I can't get a wuk too?

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2006, 06:49:56 AM »
Sam.. Thanks for the appointment.. Lets all  move to make it reality!.. TTFF run by real fans wil most surely get the job done..
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2006, 07:13:33 AM »
How will we go about this though ? when Jack controlling all media in T&T, they maynot publish anything like this. Unless its the Express. The Media in T&T have no balls.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2006, 07:44:16 AM »
How will we go about this though ? when Jack controlling all media in T&T, they maynot publish anything like this. Unless its the Express. The Media in T&T have no balls.

But Sw.net media does.. as well as Libird..!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2006, 08:37:31 AM »
Sam i don't really know you but Breds you have all my respect for doing this,it's the best thing i've come across in T&T Football in a long time,you always hear ppl bumping their gums about this one and that one but never who would replace these people,i'm not saying this is the solution but you have opened ppl eyes,what we want in this place is ideas and this is what you have done.

If you notice their are ppl still nitpicking at your ideas instead of providing something of their own,we need solutions not problems,we don't remove or change personnel because we don't like/hate them,we remove them because they are not doing or getting their jobs done,remember the ppl we want removed have been serving T&T Football for years and i think the season why they served that long is because they have T&T Football at heart.

Nobody makes money or benefits from T&T Football other than JW,look at how Lincoln,Anton etc struggling to get paid,look at what our youth teams and what they had to go through,why should our Snr team be struggling to get paid,if you look carefully you will observe don't matter how many changes we make we can't do anything without finance,if you want quality,if you want the best,it's going to cost,the big question is can we afford the best?

What ppl don't understand is when they pay to watch Football part of that price goes to Football development,if we are to put any program in place it's costly,nobody wants to pay in T&T,every time the price goes up for Football ppl crying but the same ppl will pay what ever it cost to see Football every where else in the world,get with the times Football used to be a poor man sport now it's a who have money sport.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2006, 09:37:56 AM »
Sam, one of the members of the 2010 committee reads this site very often, I'll plug a bug in his ear (in case he missed it) to read this specific thread.  It's possible that some of what you (and others) have suggested is already being taken into account.

BTW: Implicit in my earlier statement is that a 2010 committee for WC qual. in SA already exists.. bless
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2006, 04:02:34 AM »
Sam, one of the members of the 2010 committee reads this site very often, I'll plug a bug in his ear (in case he missed it) to read this specific thread.  It's possible that some of what you (and others) have suggested is already being taken into account.

BTW: Implicit in my earlier statement is that a 2010 committee for WC qual. in SA already exists.. bless

Sounds good and good looking Coop....

1]; } ?>