June 08, 2024, 04:40:36 AM

Author Topic: Terry Fenwick Thread.  (Read 236926 times)

AirMan

Re: Who de hell Terry Fenwick think he is?
« Reply #390 on: April 21, 2010, 05:15:15 PM »
Not saying that Fenwick's actions were appropriate and justified. But if this was Bertille St.Clair, would the reactions be the same, or would man jump up and say Bertille is ah great disciplinarian and is dis sort ah treatment dem fellas need.

Does the colour of Fenwick's skin have certain men up in arms and more upset with de incident?

Good point..I would not be surprise if some fellas in here would not be so upset over the situation if the man was not a white foreign coach but instead a local coach..

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #391 on: April 21, 2010, 06:50:27 PM »
Does the colour of Fenwick's skin have certain men up in arms and more upset with de incident?
Oh, of course. Yuh eh see man declaring we independence and all kinda ting?

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 22, 2010, 08:14:31 AM »

Ent?!!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 22, 2010, 09:03:26 AM »

Ent?!!

When the thread 1st start it was based on a written report that the man colleck some clout from fenwick, foreign or local coach,, that should wrankle anyone who readin it...by pg 3 when de 'flim' reach we see is a lil screw head fenwick gih de man in the heat of the moment

still wrong is wrong..fenwick admit he wrong, talk done

whomever fall into de opposin camps of  'all dem ting normal ' or  'massa day done'...dais dem personal issues
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Fenwick content with CFU performances
« Reply #394 on: May 12, 2010, 05:41:42 PM »
ttproleague.com

“We’ve achieved by qualifying for the Concacaf Champions League (preliminary round),” said San Juan Jabloteh head coach Terry Fenwick despite his team’s failure to capture the 2010 CFU Club Champion Cup.

“We’re operating in a similar situation like that of English club Portsmouth,” he said. “We have a little budget, and we´ve qualified for the next stage which is the Champions League preliminary round  which is great because we could give our players more exposure and probably sell one or two.”

Jabloteh finished the CFU tournament with 3 points in third position, ahead of Bayamon FC based on goal difference to advance into the 2010-2011 Concacaf Champions League preliminary round following a 1-0 defeat against fellow Pro League club Joe Public (Wednesday), a 4-1 victory over Bayamon (Friday), and a 1-0 loss against eventual champions Puerto Rico Islanders on Sunday.

But, a victory over Islanders at the Marvin Lee Stadium could have boosted Jabloteh to the top to take the CFU title as Joe Public—another contender—fell 3-1 against Bayamon.

“It´s disappointing not to win the title,” he continued. “However we are pleased with our performances, and reaching the next stage."

“Islanders have a much stronger mentality than that of the guys in Trinidad. They don’t let anything get to them. Their professionalism is very good and unlike the guys in this region who only want to play the game like that of Brazil, Islanders play a very straightforward game. They are not about the glamour and I thought they just cancelled us out."

“We didn’t play badly throughout the tournament. Islanders only had about three chances against us, one of which they scored. We had more half chances but didn’t convert. I think we were a bit intimidated in the first half but had a much better game in the second period."

“Against Joe Public, I thought we were the better team. We outplayed them and their top players Kerry Baptiste and Trent Noel didn’t have any kicks at us. And the player (Radanfah Abu Bakr) that scored against us was supposed to be on suspension. And what says a lot about our performances is the fact that the team (Bayamon FC) we defeated 4-1, went on to defeat Joe Public 3-1.”

Fenwick admitted the CFU Final Round clashes was really tight contests having to play three games in five days.

He also explained that his team lacked a centre forward throughout the competition. The former England international said he didn’t want to risk striker Jerrol Forbes--who has been recovering from a knee injury over the past year--on the Astroturf at the Marvin Lee Stadium in the Final Round of the CFU Club Championship despite the player´s readiness to play.

Instead Fenwick used an attacking midfield inclusive of Kennedy Hinkson, Jason Marcano, Ronaldo Viana, Ataulla Guerra and Marvin Oliver. Willis Plaza and speedy midfielder Johan Peltier were also used in the Final Round.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Re: Fenwick content with CFU performances
« Reply #395 on: May 12, 2010, 06:52:19 PM »
ttproleague.com

Their professionalism is very good and unlike the guys in this region who only want to play the game like that of Brazil, Islanders play a very straightforward game. They are not about the glamour and I thought they just cancelled us out."

anybody here could talk about Jabloteh brand/  how it does look?  seem to me like dude make a heap of excuses in this interview and if you not playing attractive football AND not lightin the world on fire with wins, then Trini mightn't be the place fuh you.  Anybody could talk to the legitimacy of his claim that he playing with vastly worse (hence cheaper) players than Joe Pub & Islanders? thanks  :beermug:

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 13, 2010, 06:16:50 AM »
well i saw the game and Fenwick (who needs a nickname) does have a point about Islanders straight forward approach and the fact that they argue less than Jabloteh. Guerra is a special guy and yuh love him and hate him in the same sentence. Kinda like Keon Daniel. Oliver was playing some kinda defensive midfield role and looked out of sorts. Jabloteh in the second half was all over that team so I wouldnt place the Islanders above them except for their group play is more precise than that of jabloteh. Jabloteh has more individual flair and showmanship but unless done effectively as in mash de ball but make an effective pass they wind up just losing out and messing up de whole play to which everyone will start to cuss yuh.

hope this helped
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 13, 2010, 07:04:15 AM »
It sound to me like Fenwick is instruct players to wind up the oppostition, the way he highlight the fact that the islanders "don't let anything get to them". Jabloteh is a good side, Fenwick is a good coach, although I think he going lil overboard by comparing them to Portsmouth. Is not like he ever used to buy players anyway, except the player of the season at the end of each year.

But I didn't expect him to be happy with these results.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 13, 2010, 07:10:16 AM »
well i saw the game and Fenwick (who needs a nickname) does have a point about Islanders straight forward approach and the fact that they argue less than Jabloteh. Guerra is a special guy and yuh love him and hate him in the same sentence. Kinda like Keon Daniel. Oliver was playing some kinda defensive midfield role and looked out of sorts. Jabloteh in the second half was all over that team so I wouldnt place the Islanders above them except for their group play is more precise than that of jabloteh. Jabloteh has more individual flair and showmanship but unless done effectively as in mash de ball but make an effective pass they wind up just losing out and messing up de whole play to which everyone will start to cuss yuh.

hope this helped

:beermug: :beermug:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 19, 2010, 12:48:14 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/kJ4cttVaiTM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/kJ4cttVaiTM</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Fenwick questions Warriors’ selection process.
« Reply #400 on: November 01, 2010, 01:19:37 PM »
Fenwick questions Warriors’ selection process.
ttproleague.com

With the Digicel Caribbean Cup second round Group F qualifiers around the corner for Trinidad and Tobago, San Juan Jabloteh head coach Terry Fenwick questions the Warriors’ team selection process.

The tournament to be played between November 2-6 at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella will feature hosts, T&T, Haiti, Guyana and St Vincent and the Grenadines.

From the four-team, the top two will qualify for the eight-team finals in Martinique from November 26 to December 5.

Fenwick, a former England international and three-time Pro League Championship winning coach, is totally disgruntled over the non-selection of his players—mainly in defence.

“My disappointment comes for my players,” he said. “They deserve more.”

“Can the people in charge look beyond the petty issues surrounding Terry Fenwick?” he continued.

The Englishman boasts that his team hold’s the best defensive record in the domestic Digicel Pro League Championship and that says a lot about his defenders—however not one of his players are selected in the T&T Men’s Senior Team.

“Jabloteh is again the League's meanest team with the best defensive record thus far,” Fenwick argued. “And yet none of the Jabloteh defenders make it into the home based National team or even the squad.”

Jabloteh currently stands fifth on the League standings after Round One registered 11 goals and conceded 7, while fourth positioned Ma Pau SC scored 12 and conceded 7, as the pair holds the best defensive record in the Championship thus far.

Both teams, despite their current League defensive record, have no defenders with the T&T National team.

“Youngsters like Robert Primus and Joel Russell have back to back championships behind them while in their teens,” continued Fenwick.

“Karlon Murray has consistently proven his critics wrong because he is a very good defender; Sheldon Bateau is a graceful defender with bags of potential and Jamaal Jack is the find of the season. He is easily the best defender in T&T at the moment,” proclaimed Fenwick.

“And what does Cleon John have to do to make the squad,” added the Jabloteh coach who is appalled that his number one keeper isn’t getting his chance.

“He was voted in the best goalkeeper category in T&T for the last three years and never gets a look in. What have these kids done to be ignored at a time when the National team can't buy a clean sheet?

“None of these guys have figured in the locally based National set up but surely form, facts and stats must count for something... ask (T&T Technical Director) Lincoln Phillips?”

T&T Head Coach Russell Latapy named a provisional squad this week which included goalkeepers Jan-Michael Williams (W Connection) and Marvin Phillip (Joe Public). In defence are Julius James (DC United), Yohance Marshall (LA Galaxy), Kern Cupid (W Connection), Daneil Cyrus (Caledonia AIA) and Joevin Jones (W Connection).

The rest of the team include midfielders Clyde Leon (W Connection), Trent Noel (Joe Public), Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA), Hughtun Hector (W Connection), Keon Daniel (Puerto Rico Islanders), Hayden Tinto (Joe Public), Anthony Wolfe (North East Stars), Lester Peltier (Ma Pau FC) and Kendall Jagdeosingh (Puerto Rico Islanders).

While Devon Jorsling (Defence Force), Jamal Gay (unknown), Kerry Baptiste (Joe Public) and Shahdon Winchester (W Connection) are the forwards.

In their last seven matches, T&T have drawn 1-1 away to Guyana and 0-0 away to Belize. They were hammered 3-0 by Panama and suffered a 3-1 defeat against Jamaica but defeated Antigua and St Lucia in follow-up matches.

And in their final warm-up match Trinidad and Tobago were edged 1-0 away to Jamaica to an early penalty.

“Believe it or not, Terry Fenwick and Jabloteh want to see the National team be successful,” added Fenwick.

“We are all in this together. A poor National team reflects badly on the local professional league.

“A successful National team could be the tonic the Pro League and the whole nation is looking for.

“2014, World Cup Finals in Brazil is next. So let’s not stumble through the next three years and look for a quick fix at the last moment again.

“Let’s put some faith and confidence in these youngsters...give them a chance!

“They'll not let you down. These guys will be in their mid 20's when Brazil come around which is perfect. These kids will need to be brave, so will the decision makers, give them the chance! I dare you,” ended the Jabloteh coach.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 01:34:23 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fenwick questions Warriors’ selection process.
« Reply #401 on: November 01, 2010, 01:26:20 PM »
Logical.

Far cry from wha went on when he decided the approach was too lax and didnt make his players available.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 01, 2010, 02:52:50 PM »
Just out of curiosity, ah wonder what qualification Terry Fenwick have ?

Terry, de national players eh get paid in 7 internationals, so doh worry, by the TTFF not calling yuh players it might be de best this at the moment.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 01, 2010, 03:15:58 PM »
I always thought Latapy didn't select Primus because he was injured ..... never knew Latas was so dotish nah........ fantastic player dunce coach!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 01, 2010, 03:35:20 PM »
I always thought Latapy didn't select Primus because he was injured ..... never knew Latas was so dotish nah........ fantastic player dunce coach!
Ah incline tuh agree wid yuh eh, but i will reserve my comments until after the 6th of nov.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: November 01, 2010, 04:31:28 PM »
Only Primus really has any shot of being on the NT....Did we not see this defense perform in the CCL qualifiers? Nodody stood out....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 01, 2010, 04:48:24 PM »
At some point Fenwick needs to take stock of the fact that his comments are becoming counter-productive.  We all know that there's a barely-concealed feud going on between him and the TTFF, and we all already know where he stands on the issue of the selection and/or training of the national team. 

He needs to recognize that henceforth his best answer when the question is posed to him would be "I've already commented on the state of the national team and the selection process, and my opinion since then hasn't changed."  He starting to sound like a broken record, or worse... like he have axe to grind, by issuing some new comment (stating the same thing) every couple months.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 01, 2010, 05:28:10 PM »
At some point Fenwick needs to take stock of the fact that his comments are becoming counter-productive.  We all know that there's a barely-concealed feud going on between him and the TTFF, and we all already know where he stands on the issue of the selection and/or training of the national team. 

He needs to recognize that henceforth his best answer when the question is posed to him would be "I've already commented on the state of the national team and the selection process, and my opinion since then hasn't changed."  He starting to sound like a broken record, or worse... like he have axe to grind, by issuing some new comment (stating the same thing) every couple months.

I see your point but regardless of whether Fenwick's approach is feasible or not he does have a point that Latapy is not really looking around the league for players he is only recycling players from before ... if anyone saw Primus vs Mexico it was a forgone conclusion that this kid has to be included ...or the u20's world cup campaign I mean .... we posters here see what highlights of games or when the games across the internet etc..... Touches reports etc and we all know that Primus is a fantastic prospect yet he kept with Hislop and these guys..... Latas isn't doing anything to make us even remotely feel like defending him.
He is simply horrible!

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 01, 2010, 05:57:54 PM »
I dont really feel that TF "has an axe to grind",the man has lived in TT long enough to develop a love for the country and by extension would have TT football at heart.I would have to believe what he is saying and its not difficult to see that some of RL selections are somewhat strange.RL has proved without doubt that he is not a good coach and dont seem to have what it takes,at least presently,and I still dont understand why the TTFA is prolonging his stint.I assume when we fail to qualify for Digicel 2010 action will be taken.TT football has stagnated under RL,please,please,please dont let our dream turn into a nightmare yet again. 

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 01, 2010, 05:59:54 PM »

I see your point but regardless of whether Fenwick's approach is feasible or not he does have a point that Latapy is not really looking around the league for players he is only recycling players from before ... if anyone saw Primus vs Mexico it was a forgone conclusion that this kid has to be included ...or the u20's world cup campaign I mean .... we posters here see what highlights of games or when the games across the internet etc..... Touches reports etc and we all know that Primus is a fantastic prospect yet he kept with Hislop and these guys..... Latas isn't doing anything to make us even remotely feel like defending him.
He is simply horrible!

The fact it doh have a single Jabloteh player on de squad speaks volumes.

On de one hand, Latas eh no Beenhakker so he eh tellin Jack Warner "I ridin out if yuh interfere wit meh selection".  Latas will do like a good lil boy and choose from the player pool he ALLOWED TO SELECT FROM

On de oddah hand, Fenwick want to play he ackin like he is a CL team and refusin he players to train wit de national team unless is on FIFA dates etc.  It bong to have repurcussions fuh dat and sadly, de one's affected is de players.

Fenwick have a big part to play in de dotishness and no amounta crocodile tears or false indgnation goin to erase dat.  If he want to know why Primus and Murray dem cyah make de national side, somebody need to place him in front a full length mirror and let him take a LONG HARD LOOK.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 01, 2010, 06:05:40 PM »
Whatever your feelings about Fenwick, his statements are so logical they cannot be ignored.  We need a coach with common sense and coaching ability and a reformed TTFF which understands its role....NOW, or we can kiss Brazil 2014 goodbye.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 01, 2010, 06:11:15 PM »
He is simply horrible!

This is what I said:

At some point Fenwick needs to take stock of the fact that his comments are becoming counter-productive.

In hindsight what I should have said is "At some point Fenwick needs to take stock of the fact that his commenting is becoming counter-productive."

I don't disagree at all with the substance of what he's saying but, then again, I look on him favorably.  To those who are more neutral it might sound like constant griping. I just think that he should just give it a rest now, I understand why he might feel it necessary to continue to agitate in the press, in the hopes of his players getting a fair shot at a call-up... but I don't know that his chosen method will yield that result.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 01, 2010, 06:27:35 PM »
Is not like Jabloteh relly getting marginalised. Latapy gave 7 caps to Marcano and 6 caps to Guerra. Primus on de U-23 team.

Jabloteh players on de U-20 squad:
Jamaal Francois
Sheldon Bateau
Jerrel Britto
Johan Peltier
Vernell Ramirez

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 01, 2010, 06:40:11 PM »
What Terry need to do is to focus his team to win the PFL and then prepare his team well to play in the CL. If his team wins, they can't deny his plays a spot on the TT team. Stop making TTFF raise he blood pressure

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 01, 2010, 07:57:55 PM »

He is simply horrible!

The fact it doh have a single Jabloteh player on de squad speaks volumes.

On de one hand, Latas eh no Beenhakker so he eh tellin Jack Warner "I ridin out if yuh interfere wit meh selection".  Latas will do like a good lil boy and choose from the player pool he ALLOWED TO SELECT FROM

On de oddah hand, Fenwick want to play he ackin like he is a CL team and refusin he players to train wit de national team unless is on FIFA dates etc.  It bong to have repurcussions fuh dat and sadly, de one's affected is de players.

Fenwick have a big part to play in de dotishness and no amounta crocodile tears or false indgnation goin to erase dat.  If he want to know why Primus and Murray dem cyah make de national side, somebody need to place him in front a full length mirror and let him take a LONG HARD LOOK.

:beermug:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 01, 2010, 09:12:42 PM »
I remember a couple years ago nearly the whole ah Jabloteh make up the NT, now not one. All them clubs really improving.

Watch to eh, Ma Pau eh have no players either an Ma Pau made up of Jabloteh players.

Joe Public trying to pressure players in coming to play for them. If you play for Ma Pau or Jabloteh, no National call up so no foreign contract. Join Joe Public and get call up to the National team.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 01, 2010, 09:43:39 PM »
Latas is starting to understand that the level of ball in the pro league is at a low level, reasons for our poor performaces with pro league players in international games.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 01, 2010, 10:14:10 PM »
Latas is starting to understand that the level of ball in the pro league is at a low level, reasons for our poor performaces with pro league players in international games.

So then no Pro league players on the National team.  The goat does soon figure out that he can only graze where he is tied.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline handsanointed

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 02, 2010, 05:56:44 AM »
Is not like Jabloteh relly getting marginalised. Latapy gave 7 caps to Marcano and 6 caps to Guerra. Primus on de U-23 team.

Jabloteh players on de U-20 squad:
Jamaal Francois
Sheldon Bateau
Jerrel Britto
Johan Peltier
Vernell Ramirez

Jamal Francois no longer plays for Jabloteh.........he plays for Ma Pau.

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 02, 2010, 09:58:38 AM »

So then no Pro league players on the National team.  The goat does soon figure out that he can only graze where he is tied.
Yes there should be pro league players... on the National team, but these players needs to be evaluated properly to make the team. Remember in the beginning Latas had thought that he could of competed on the international stage with most of the players coming from the pro league... but after some poor performances against weak opposition Latas is starting to understand that the level of the game... in the pro league is not of high quality... and he needs to use foreign players if he wants to compete.

1]; } ?>