July 26, 2024, 07:14:19 PM

Author Topic: Match observation.....There is always room for improvement  (Read 3473 times)

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
Match observation.....There is always room for improvement
« on: January 13, 2007, 09:41:04 AM »
Good day everyone! I attending both games yesterday and just wanted to share some views with you all.

Before I start I will like to shout out the warrior nation crew. I saw you guys putting together a big flag and trying to get the crowd into the game. I recognized Tallman. There was a white boy with jerry curls it look like, 1 or 2 pretty boy dred and some other warrior nation work men. There was then a beautiful young lady using a camcorder. Sweetie, are you a member of this forum? Anyways, big up to everyone. You guys were doing a good job. I was proud when I was you guys.

Furthermore, I was accompanied with some PFL officials, my mother and nephew and the first thing that came to my mind (without saying it to my friends and family) was that the current crop of players were a Anton Corneal selected team. It had just struck me. Then, two PFL officials took the words from my mind and mouth. It was so weird that they were thinking the same think I was thinking without me mentioning it.

Well first off I must say that I think we were unfortunate not to win the game but also fortunate not too loose. The Bajans were worthy of the draw. They worked hard, tackle wind, and had many goal opportunities. If they were a good team they could have scored 3-4 goals. We lost total control of the game at one point. The Bajans could have easily stole the game away from us. The good thing about it is that the other Caribbean teams are not much better than us, so that makes us look somewhat decent.

I got there 10 minutes into the first half. We had full control of the game. We were stringing passes together and everyone was getting into the game. One main reason that accounted for that was that Barbados probably had a fear for us and also didn't know what to expect. So they were batting in their crease (if so to speak).

Anyways, some major observation were the speed of the game and the intensity. The speed of the game was too!!!! too!!!! slow. There was no sense of urgency, heart and desire to win (with some exception which I will mention later).

Defense

I think our defense did a decent job. Jack and Osei did well for the little they had to do. But Jack was not always discipline. In my eyes (from a coaching or scout point of view) he is not a true professional. A professional (in it's true meaning) player do the right thing all the time. There were times when he had the simple assignment of making an easy first time pass but held on the ball and eventually gave it away. It was almost as if he was trying to take the game into his hands and play for the crowd. That's not your job sonny boy. You are a laborer. Work hard and organize that back four. Nevertheless, he had a decent game.

The two wing back, Sean Powers and Nigel Daniel, did not show good attacking qualities. Sean Powers, well honestly there were times when he was totally out of the game. I guess that was the inexperience stepping in. I think and hope he will come along in time to come. Nigel, for a capped player was out of the game for some parts of the game as well. Well first off, it was evident that he cannot use his left foot but plays on the left side. I think he delivered 1-2 cross all game. Nevertheless, overall I think the back four did OK. Being that inexperience, they did OK overall.

Midfield

This is where I had a problem...In the center midfield in particular. Kerry Batiste delivered some very good crosses. Unfortunately we could not get at the end of it. His work rate however was suspect. He cheated on defense and that even cause the Bajans to find some opening space on the left side and they created some good goal scoring opportunities from that side. In contrast, Lesie worked hard on defense and attack. His crosses were not as dangerous as Kerry's but it was good enough for players to at the end of it. Honestly, I don't rate him too much. I think his time is up and there should have been a younger player there. I don't understand why he is in the mix because the players who played yesterday is supposedly players for 2010. I know Lesie cannot be in that mix...or is he  :o It looks like another Corneal conspiracy to be honest  :D

Denzil was the biggest disappointment on the evening. He carried the captain arm ban and showed no leadership qualities. He was always on the ground and crying for a foul (which he rarely got). He showed no fighting spirit, he did not motivate the lads! I heard that coming from Osei and Jack. His speed of play was so so so slow! Walking pace. Yes, he did make some decent passes (spreading the ball) but his passing abilities, speed and aggression is questionable. With all due respect, it is now evident why Denzil could not have secured a pick on the first team while playing in Scotland. Jemmott is probably the only player who could honestly pass the ball well. However, he too played too slow and showed no aggression. He also looked sluggish!!! and far from fit. Hence the reason I think he was taken off. Against a better team team these two players would not have a glimmer or hope based on how they played yesterday.

Strikers

Scott Sealy is a good player but not a player to take the team on his shoulders. He did not look like himself. Usually he holds the ball well, makes good runs off the ball and would finish anything in and around the penalty area. Against the Bajans it was almost as if his feet was a brick wall. The ball would bounce off when played into him.  He did not look like the same player from who I saw many times playing in the MLS. Lift your game Scott!! Be a leader not a follower. As for Gary, he still has that speed. However, he was not aggressive and threw away some easy goalscoring opportunities. Based on yesterday showing, these two players don't appear to be good striking partners.

Subs

Darryl Roberts came in for Sealy and immediately had a goalscoring chance which he shot wide. He did however bring some urgency, heart and desire to the game. He is a goalscorer and I think if he got back that chance in a next game, a in form Darryl will bury it.

Benito did well. I saw some potential from him. He looked simple and played within his limits.

Kwame also brought some urgency to the game. His first touch on the ball saw him dribbling down the left side and having a crack at goal. However, he is not discipline. He was playing for the crowd and cheated on defense.

Offensively, when these three players were brought in the game the team started to add more pressure to the Bajans.

The fans were very disappointed. You should have heard some of the things they were saying in the stands. Wim, you earn $65,000US a month to coach our national team. If I was you, my players would have felt the bad end of the stick for giving that performance yesterday (regardless of being inexperience).

Kingman
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 10:07:04 AM by kingman »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Match observation.....There is always room for improvement
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 11:41:40 AM »
Thanx for the report man.  Appreciated as always.  :beermug:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 11:57:51 AM »
nice report kingman
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 11:59:23 AM »
Nice round up Kingman and Wim whipping up some nice dollars....

Theobald should not be captain and should suck bench... a true let down...

Where was Bailey ?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 12:00:15 PM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 12:04:37 PM »
My apologiies if posted before.

Barbados hold Soca Warriors in Digicel Cup
Ian Prescott
Saturday, January 13th 2007

Trinidad and Tobago striker and goalscorer Gary Gasglow, left, strives for control of the ball under pressure from Barbados defender Jonathan Straker during last evening's Digicel Cup opener at the Hasely Crawford Stadium. The game was drawn 1-1. See Page 78.

Trinidad and Tobago's young footballers showed glimpses of promise, but wasted several good chances as they opened their campaign in the Digicel Caribbean Cup with a 1-1 draw against Barbados yesterday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Coach Wim Rijsbergen's bunch is a work still in progress.

For the first 45 minutes, the young Soca Warriors looked a better unit than Barbados. But having taken a 1-0 lead at the half, Trinidad and Tobago gave the Bajans a point they did not deserve.

Rijbergen, though, will not just be concerned about the lost ground, but that some of his stalwarts, failed, especially in the second half.

Skipper Denzil Theobald had World Cup experience but failed to lift his standard above mediocre for most of the second half, while Gary Glasgow scored one, but missed many equally simple chances to score.

Barbados started cautiously, playing behind the ball, and showing much respect, even for an inexperienced T&T squad.

Early on, there was smooth movement in the T&T midfield. Theobald and Kerwin Jemmott manned the centre, while Kerry Baptiste (Right) and Leslie "Tiger" Fitzpatrick (left) held the wide positions. Gary Glasgow and

Scott Sealy looked a solid enough tandem in attack, but neither produced on the night. Where the new-look

Trinidad and Tobago team looked shaky was at the back where Tobago United's Dwayne Jack, Seon Power and Osei Telesford and Nigel Daniel were struggling to look a solid unit.

Glasgow eventually gave T&T the lead when he picked up a loose ball and scrambled it into the Barbados net  in the 32nd minute.

Barbados took 36 minutes to get their first shot at the Trinidad & Tobago goal and even so, the effort was well held by T&T keeper Jan Michael Williams.T&T chances were bound to sting T&T at some point and striker Neil Harvey did just that when he pulled Barbados level in the 67th minute when getting a free header from Gregory Goodridge's corner kick.

But even so, T&T had enough chances in the final 20 minutes to come away comfortable winners. Newcomer Darryl Roberts made his T&T debut in the 70th minute as a substitute and his inexperience let him down immediately. Put through by a bouncing ball from Glasgow, Roberts had the Barbados goal at his mercy, but lost composure and stabbed at the ball, turning his shot wide.

It was that kind of night.

TEAMS:

TRINIDAD and TOBAGO - 1-Jan Michael Williams (GK), 2-Dwayne Jack,  5-Osei Telesford, 6-Leslie Fitzpatrick,

9-Scott Sealy, 10-Kerwin Jemmott, 12-Gary Glasgow, 14-Kerry Baptiste, 16-Seon Power, 17-Nigel Daniel,

Denzil Theobald(Captain). Subs:  3-Makan Hislop, 7-Keeron Bonito, 8-Kwame Wiltshire, 11- Darryl Roberts,

13-Hayden Tinto, 20-Joel Bailey, 28-Marvin Phillip (Gk).

BARBADOS- 20-Morrison Taylor (GK), 3-Jonathan Straker, 10- Gregory Goodridge, 12-Louis Soares, 15-

John Hawkesworth, 16-Neil Harvey, 17-John Parris, 19-Ryan Lucas, 21-Norman Forde (Captain), 23-Dyson

James, 25-Romell Burgess. Subs: 1-Adrian Chase(Gk), 4-Ramuel Miller, 5-Rohan Hall, 7-Eric Lavine, 11-

Renalso Fenty, 18-Rushida Williams, 24-Sheridan Grovesnor

TOMORROW'S MATCHES:

Cuba v Guadeloupe, 5 p.m. Manny Ramjohn Stadium

Guyana  v SVG, 7 p.m. Manny Ramjohn Stadium

MONDAY'S MATCHES:

Barbados v Haiti, 5 p.m. Hasely Crawford Stadium

Trinidad & Tobago v Martinique, 7 p.m. Hasely Crawford Stadium

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_sports?id=161082155
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline shooter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 12:16:42 PM »
 i love th is report  i hope we do better though.... i say g ive ba iley a try....v ibes  it up

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 01:37:02 PM »
I was also at the game. I agree with kingman that the team in general played too slow. I think it was because they were reacting - and even then they weren't very quick - more than anticipating and that caused them many problems.

Part of the problem with the defense when they were in possession, especially #2, did not have an idea of what they wanted to do until they got the ball so their passing wasn't always done quickly enough or with any certainty. It didn't help that support was often slow in coming. Again, the ball would be on the way to the right back and the closer players would wait until he took a few steps with the ball before trying to get into a position to receive a pass. Our wing backs need to start overlapping and getting in some quality crosses. Even though we play with 2 wide midfielders it would give an attacking team like Haiti something to think about if they had to worry about the overload coming from a wing back. If they give the Haitians and Martinique team as much room as they gave Barbados they will be made to look very ordinary at best. That goes in with their anticipation. They choose to wait until attackers picked up the ball to react, rather than playing for interceptions or to pressure and channel. The keeper didn't always seem confident in his 6-yard box, but generally looked capable and up to the task.

Our midfield lacked imagination. They also lacked belly. When the rough tackles came in they lost possession too easily trying to get a foul rather than toughing out the challenge. Theobold in particular looked weak and did not give us a good fight at all. He looked confident on the ball in the first 20-25 minutes of the game, but then faded quickly when the strong tackles started coming. He and Jemmott cannot play together if we are to qualify to the Gold Cup unless at least one of them is willing to work harder both when we have the ball, but more importantly when we are defending. Can't afford to walk against either Martinique or Haiti who are both full of running and have nippy players. Baptiste took some time to settle, but when he did he looked competent. He too choose to hide a lot defensively instead of stepping up and making tackles or interceptions. Often the midfielders lack of defensive work exposed the back 4 and if we want to compete against better teams the midfield needs to do much more work defensively. Number 8 was quick, but lacked a real plan. He just dribbled for dribbling sake rather than trying to create room to pass or shoot. The other sub did well in controlling the pace of the attack, but needed to be on the field earlier to make a proper impact on the game. I want to see him mix it up with the opposition when defending though as he shied away from a couple tackles when he could have gotten dirty.

Our strikers... I dunno. All of them struggled with their first touch at crucial points, but no one struggled more than Sealy. I've only seen him play twice before, but either time his ball control was much better. He seemed a bit lost, as if he didn't know what his teammates would do or where he should go to support them. Glasgow needs to be way more clinical if he is to be an international striker. I wouldn't mind seeing the number 11 start the next match or come on sooner. He is quick and agressive. He missed a sitter with his first touch though and just like Glasgow would need to be more clinical if he wants to have a future in international football.

The team needs to sharpen up significantly if they are to beat or even draw with either Haiti or Martinique. The 45 minutes I watched in their game was far more entertaining than our match and both teams looked more confident and skillful than T&T. The Haiti goal was brilliant, but I think a team who can counterattack effectively can give them something to think about. Martinique when they settled looked tactically better than Haiti, but perhaps needs that special player up front to finish plays. Things aren't looking good for us after that first match, especially since we only have 1 point. I still think we can progress though with harder work and some more confidence - which will come with playing time.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2007, 02:06:39 PM »
That why i keep saying...the guy's don't fighted the game...i was posting that to Trini ....that why we don't have a home field advantage...this f**king star boy shit with Densil...if i was the coach i would of cut him a new asshole..them guy's have to wake up the other team's are not playing around...what the f**k...i'm not accepting that drawn...that like a lost...

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2007, 09:17:01 PM »

Where was Bailey ?

I was expecting Bailey to come in for maybe Scott but Darryl came in. However, Darryl did well but lacks aggression as a striker. Bailey was on the bench all game.

Kingman

TrinInfinite

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2007, 12:39:10 AM »

Where was Bailey ?

I was expecting Bailey to come in for maybe Scott but Darryl came in. However, Darryl did well but lacks aggression as a striker. Bailey was on the bench all game.

Kingman

what is so special about bailey? ??? what does he have to be asuccessful striker, tell meh about him bc i dont know much about him...

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2007, 09:32:24 AM »

Where was Bailey ?

Kingman

what is so special about bailey? ??? what does he have to be asuccessful striker, tell meh about him bc i dont know much about him...
Gino ah find dat hard to believe..yuh telling me yuh ent know much bout Joel Bailey and yuh living in Canada to boot?lol
yuh better call Hardest and ask  ;D
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2007, 12:05:53 PM »

Where was Bailey ?

Kingman

His name is Joel Bailey. He plays with Montreal Impact. He started off his career in the indoor league playing with Baltimore Blast after being drafted in the 1st round from Wheeling Jesuit University. What does he have to be a successful striker? First off he has decent international experience. He know what it takes to win games and championships. At every level while playing in North America (collegiate, Indoor and A-League) he won a national title. He was top goal scorer in his conference for 2 years while playing at Wheeling, he was rookie of the year his first seasoning while playing at Baltimore and top goal scorer I think his first of second season and then in his first season at Montreal he scored I think 8-10 goals and helped his team to a national A-League title.

He has good touch, he is aggressive and anything in and around the penalty area he will bury it. He holds the ball well and makes very good runs off the ball. He is also good in the air.

TI, I know why you ask that question you know.  ;D What your boy tell you about him? He ain't rate him too much or what?   :D Because between me and you TI I know you at least hear about Joel If not sen him play because he based in Canada so long now.

Kingman

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2007, 12:11:26 PM »
He has good touch, he is aggressive and anything in and around the penalty area he will bury it. He holds the ball well and makes very good runs off the ball. He is also good in the air.

How come Wim can't see all this?

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2007, 12:18:57 PM »

Where was Bailey ?

Kingman

His name is Joel Bailey. He plays with Montreal Impact. He started off his career in the indoor league playing with Baltimore Blast after being drafted in the 1st round from Wheeling Jesuit University. What does he have to be a successful striker? First off he has decent international experience. He know what it takes to win games and championships. At every level while playing in North America (collegiate, Indoor and A-League) he won a national title. He was top goal scorer in his conference for 2 years while playing at Wheeling, he was rookie of the year his first seasoning while playing at Baltimore and top goal scorer I think his first of second season and then in his first season at Montreal he scored I think 8-10 goals and helped his team to a national A-League title.

TI, I know why you ask that question you know. ;D What your boy tell you about him? He ain't rate him too much or what? :D Because between me and you TI I know you at least hear about Joel If not sen him play because he based in Canada so long now.

Kingman

Because he play in america for a school means he have international experience??? Den I is ah boss. I play in america, Hungary, Bosnia, Kosovo, England and Germany. All was small sweat but I have alot of international experience.

Kingsman I respect your knowledge but recently you have me questioning you professionality.

1. Your interview you did with the players. After another person on the board said that the two players on the team that made thier statement was wrong to do so as professionals you disagreed. If it one thing I learnt is that is something you never do. As a soldier I never bad talked my commander and chief or my fellow comrades. I obeyed orders and did my job. All professional athlets have a code of conduct to live by and those guys you spoke with broke that code. They may have thier oppinion but should have kept it to themselves. Any proffession would tell you that. Yet you defended them speaking thier minds. Ask Terell Owens where that got him.

2. Your statement above. I don't think I need to say more on that one.

I have never commented on any thing you  posted before because you have always seemed to me like some one who know his football. I respect that. Please respect my oppinion on this one.

NICE
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2007, 12:54:29 PM »

Where was Bailey ?

Kingman

TI, I know why you ask that question you know. ;D What your boy tell you about him? He ain't rate him too much or what? :D Because between me and you TI I know you at least hear about Joel If not sen him play because he based in Canada so long now.

Kingman

Because he play in america for a school means he have international experience??? Den I is ah boss. I play in america, Hungary, Bosnia, Kosovo, England and Germany. All was small sweat but I have alot of international experience.

Kingsman I respect your knowledge but recently you have me questioning you professionality.

1. Your interview you did with the players. After another person on the board said that the two players on the team that made thier statement was wrong to do so as professionals you disagreed. If it one thing I learnt is that is something you never do. As a soldier I never bad talked my commander and chief or my fellow comrades. I obeyed orders and did my job. All professional athlets have a code of conduct to live by and those guys you spoke with broke that code. They may have thier oppinion but should have kept it to themselves. Any proffession would tell you that. Yet you defended them speaking thier minds. Ask Terell Owens where that got him.

2. Your statement above. I don't think I need to say more on that one.

I have never commented on any thing you  posted before because you have always seemed to me like some one who know his football. I respect that. Please respect my oppinion on this one.

NICE

I totally respect your opinion. Remember, I said he has decent international experience. (key word, decent).  And yes, you too has international experience. What is international experience? In my eyes it is playing professionally at an international stage. Play in America is considered an International stage because it is out of the region and a world wide recognize league. Don't you think? 

As for the quotes I made with the players I spoke too, that was not an Interview  :rotfl: That was an conversation I had with a couple lads. I don't see the problem with them saying what they said. I think we live in a democratic society and are free to express our views. Keeping an opinion to yourself is NOT a democratic action. It is stifling ones' expression. Don't you think?

As for the Terrell Owens issue that is sad!! What happened to Owens does not justify what he did was wrong. It was unfortunate!! It's sad that we live in a world like that today.

The most important thing to make sure that your performance is above par when you make those kind of statements (plain and simple). I respect your opinion and I hope you respect mines too.

ps: Luckily we have this forum so that we could express views and opinions.  At yet still some of the things we say here could get us in trouble. That is not right! or is it?

Kingman

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2007, 12:59:54 PM »
RESPECT
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2007, 02:08:31 PM »
RESPECT

Niceness, two things.

Did you play professional in those countries you mention above? Or did you just play for playing sake with some of the locals? Correction... I think if you played professionally in those countries then I would say you have international experience. You understand?

Secondly, to help support my point. A year or so ago the 21 team was in camp down in Florida preparing for the CAC games I think it was. Lincoln Phillips was the TD then and Ron La Forest was the coach. The players were in a camp that was not well organized. Sleeping conditions were not up to par and the food was not up to par. They were given a small amount of money (stipend) which is for personal use. Unfortunately they had to take that money and do laundry as well. Team uniforms are usually washed up the equipment manager. He told the players that he not doing no laundry but did other players laundry (or something of that nature). So after hearing this from my sources I brought it to the forum. A certain individual on this forum (whose name I will not disclose) thought it would be kool and/or worthy of going back to Lincoln  with this information. Lincoln held a meeting and interrogated players. The players were so scared and hoped they did not get cut. They begged me not to call their names (which I will never do anyways) and was so uneasy and uncomfortable for the remaining of the camp. When they called me they had to go outside the dorms (University of Florida) or locked themselves in the bathroom with water running just so that no one would hear what they saying. That is not democracy. That's not where every creed and race finds an equal place.

My point is....that's not right!!! Why the players are not able to say these things freely. First off, it was the truth and secondly their purpose was to seek betterment (which we all strive for each day in life). I hope you get my point. Cheers mate.

Arrow, according to my source Joel is battling an injury. I think he was contemplating a shot that would have allowed him to play under his injury. I am not sure if he took it.

Kingman

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2007, 03:04:07 PM »
 This is honestly the worst performance I see T&T senior team ever put on...We lacked the desire to win and that for me is the worst thing....Even in the dying stages no player was being urgent about getting the ball up field getting the balls to the forwards...It all seemed to be just enough for them to put on their uniforms....Theoblad was terrible...Wim needs to go even though it is a inexperienced bunch...He should be able to motivate players to go out and play their hearts out for the country not laze around like Jemmot and Theoblad did and thow away chances like the Roberts and Glasglow and be content...That football was played with no pride and if these guys continue to play like this they don't deserve to wear our colours....I enjoy watching mnor league more than that game....at least the players does play out their hearts....Poor!!!...Go T&T

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2007, 03:13:09 PM »
This is honestly the worst performance I see T&T senior team ever put on...We lacked the desire to win and that for me is the worst thing....Even in the dying stages no player was being urgent about getting the ball up field getting the balls to the forwards...It all seemed to be just enough for them to put on their uniforms....Theoblad was terrible...Wim needs to go even though it is a inexperienced bunch...He should be able to motivate players to go out and play their hearts out for the country not laze around like Jemmot and Theoblad did and thow away chances like the Roberts and Glasglow and be content...That football was played with no pride and if these guys continue to play like this they don't deserve to wear our colours....I enjoy watching mnor league more than that game....at least the players does play out their hearts....Poor!!!...Go T&T

are you saying  wim has to coach patriotism to our players ?  ...  them have  chance to prove themselves  when the regular not there should be enough motivation if they play so who fault is that??? ... if that cyar motivate them nothing cannot
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 03:33:06 PM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2007, 03:14:58 PM »
Kingman, thanks for all your insights and coverage of all the training and subsequent game.

From my observations over the years it has been the norm within the TTFF for the players to be treated badly ever since our manjack took control of the TTFF. over the years many players have been either banned, threatened to be banned or treated very badly by our manjack.
he is the source of the problem.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 04:57:00 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2007, 06:23:56 PM »

Thanks very much for the report.

1]; } ?>