June 05, 2024, 02:37:46 AM

Author Topic: Sunderland Forever Thread.  (Read 620144 times)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: The Sunderland AFC 2007-2008 thread
« Reply #870 on: August 08, 2007, 12:55:20 PM »
http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=12855

Cats land £9m Gordon

By Martin Walker

Sunderland have broken the British transfer record for a goalkeeper by signing Craig Gordon from Hearts.

The 24-year-old Scotland international has signed a five-year contract with the Black Cats in a deal worth up to £9m - also a transfer record for Sunderland.

It eclipses the £7.8m Manchester United paid for French keeper Fabien Barthez in 2000.

Gordon agreed terms at the club's Academy of Light training ground last night and the paperwork was finally pushed through this afternoon.

Roy Keane, Sunderland's manager, beat off competition from a number of clubs to sign the Edinburgh-born player.

The Black Cats boss said: "I'm delighted that we've managed to sign Craig.

"He's a top goalkeeper and he'll be a massive asset for us over the next few years. We've already got two very good goalkeepers and Craig is a big signing for Sunderland."

Gordon, who has been Hearts' captain since December, becomes Keane's seventh summer signing, arriving just three days before the Barclays Premier League season starts.

He could make his debut against Tottenham at the Stadium of Light on Saturday, but he will need to pass a fitness test on a shoulder injury to do so.

Gordon follows Greg Halford, Russell Anderson, Michael Chopra, Kieran Richardson, Dickson Etuhu and Paul McShane to the Stadium of Light this summer
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: August 08, 2007, 02:13:51 PM »
STONG IN THE BACK STRONG UP FRONT

i seein this side lookin like a 10th
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: August 09, 2007, 09:31:26 AM »
http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=12874

Keane signs O'Donovan

Roy Keane has made his eighth signing of the summer, bringing in Roy O'Donovan from Cork City.

The Cork-born striker, this season's top scorer in the eircom League of Ireland, has signed a three-year deal with the Black Cats.

O'Donovan, who celebrates his 22nd birthday tomorrow, follows Greg Halford, Russell Anderson, Michael Chopra, Kieran Richardson, Dickson Etuhu, Paul McShane and Craig Gordon to the Stadium of Light.

O'Donovan, an Ireland B international, had a spell in English football with Coventry two years ago before signing for his hometown club.

The fee is undisclosed.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: August 09, 2007, 09:37:53 AM »
According to the Sunderland website Keane is also expecting to get Mido's decision today.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: August 09, 2007, 09:49:17 AM »
http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=12872

Keane's high hopes
By Nick Alexander

Roy Keane is confident that he will have a full-strength team out for the season opener against Spurs on Saturday.

Carlos Edwards (hip), Greg Halford (hamstring) and Craig Gordon (shoulder) are all bidding to be fit for the Stadium of Light clash.

Edwards, who was last in action against Bohemians 12 days ago, and Gordon returned to training today and are expected to get the green light to play.

Halford, however, is touch and go. He hurt his hamstring in training earlier in the week.

If the £2.5m signing from Reading does not make it, Keane has the option of moving skipper Dean Whitehead to right-back or handing a baptism of fire to Michael Kay.

Kay, 17, has featured for the Black Cats throughout pre-season after graduating from the under-18 team.

Keane said: "Carlos has trained in the last two days and Craig's is just a niggling problem. We'll have a look at him today.

"We'll wait and see with Greg. We're hoping he'll be fit, if not we'll get by.

"I won't have any fear about throwing a young player in, Kaysie has done very well in pre-season.

"We looked at Deano there [at right-back] last year when we had one or two injury problems and he did a brilliant job. We'll wait and see."

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: August 09, 2007, 08:09:00 PM »
Tottenham Hotspur-Sunderland Preview

August 9, 2007

LONDON (AP) - Roy Keane returns to the Premier League on Saturday when his newly promoted Sunderland side takes on Tottenham at the Stadium of Light.

The fairytale of his 12 months in charge of the Black Cats is helping add a healthy slice of romance surrounding the top flight new boys.

ADVERTISEMENT

A year ago, Sunderland were in turmoil, languishing near the bottom of the Championship having lost their first five games. Chairman Niall Quinn was in temporary charge of the team and claims that the ?world class? manager he was lining up to take the helm was Keane led to widespread consternation amongst the club?s loyal fans.

It was all the more surprising because of comments Keane made about Quinn following his exit from the Ireland squad in the 2002 World Cup.

The rifts were healed however and Keane proved himself an astute mover in the ruthlessly competitive Championship, inspiring his side to pip Birmingham to the title on the last weekend of the season.

So what of Sunderland?s Premiership chances? Well, with Fulham and Wigan both tipped to struggle there might be a chance for a couple of the promoted sides and Sunderland certainly appear to be well placed.

They already had some good talent at the club, even before their summer spending spree. In defence, Nyron Nosworthy has been tipped by Quinn to handle the step up in class.

The midfield duo of Tobias Hysen and Carlos Edwards ? both young midfielders with cultured passing games ? have all the tools to do well in the top flight and up front they have former Arsenal charge Anthony Stokes who made a giant splash in the SPL during the first half of last season, scoring 14 league goals in just 16 games for Falkirk before joining Sunderland in January.

With new additions at some eyebrow raising prices ? Michael Chopra L5 million, Craig Gordon L9 million ? Quinn has at least backed his manager and will hope the investment pays off over the season.

On record signing goalkeeper Gordon from Hearts, Keane said: ?We do not get bogged down by transfer records or whatever because they are there to be broken and they will continue to rise. It shouldn?t worry players and they have just got to concentrate on their game.

?The way fees are going up is only going to get a lot worse. But it is like everything else, if you want quality in life, if it is a nice car or a nice house, you have to pay for it.

?Craig will be a good signing for us. He is a good age and has got good experience. I believe this is the perfect club for him and I just hope we can take him onto the next level because there is room for improvement with every player.?

This is a crucial season for Spurs as they try and break the monopoly of the top-4 and they have certainly backed manager Martin Jol in the transfer market with a host of big signings over the summer break.

Talented but little known youngsters Kevin-Prince Boateng and Younes Kaboul set the club back an estimated L14 million and both are expected to vie for a place in the first team. Boateng is a German under-21 midfielder while Frenchman Kaboul has been rated as the best French defensive prospect of his generation and compared to the likes of Marcel Desailly.

Spurs? two other major signings are more familiar names with Darren Bent joining youngster Gareth Bale at White Heart Lane for a combined L21.5 million.

Big ambition matched by big funds, but can Jol?s new additions cure Spurs Achilles heel and the reason why they didn?t break the top four last season ? their poor record away from home.

They took just 21 points from a possible 57 on the road in 2006/7, losing eight of their 19 games and for a side with Champions League ambitions that just isn?t acceptable.

For all the talent on show many wondered if Spurs just lacked the basic character to go and play the tough away games against the ?smaller? sides on cold winter nights. It will be interesting to see if the summer?s spending spree will cure their away day blues. Jol, however, knows that the pressure is on even more after his L40 million blow-out.

"There is more pressure now because people expect more this season,? he said. "There are always high expectation levels at Spurs, but in the past they were more cynical than realistic. We first have to prove that we are a top-four club because we have never done that before.

"As a matter of fact we haven't even proved that we are top five because it took us until two games before the end of last season to get there. "People say we've had five quarter-finals in the last two seasons, so we have to come up with silverware, but that is very special," added the Dutchman.

Jol received some bad news on Thursday when it was confirmed that winger Aaron Lennon will be out for at least two weeks due to knee trouble.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: August 11, 2007, 04:20:41 PM »
Sunderland 1-0 Tottenham
By Andrew McKenzie

Michael Chopra scored in injury time to give Roy Keane's Sunderland side a stunning victory over Tottenham on their return to the Premier League.

Substitute Chopra took a touch before firing home with almost the last kick of a game lacking in clear-cut chances.

Sunderland striker Daryl Murphy had earlier wasted the best chance of the game when he took a poor touch and was denied by Paul Robinson's legs.

Spurs had ample possession but Dimitar Berbatov wasted their best opening.

Chopra's winner on his league debut for the Black Cats was a dramatic end to a game otherwise almost devoid of incidents.
Full Report

http://www.safc.com/match/?page_id=12885&fixture=2846741&t=4

Roy Keane's reaction to Sunderland's win over Spurs:

We scored plenty of late goals last season and it's not down to luck.

Great credit to my players, they showed desire to keep getting in there. A lot of teams might have settled for a draw and it might cost us in other games but that desire is great, I'm delighted for the players.

Everyone did their bit. In football you get your just rewards and the players worked extremely hard. They deserved it.

The hard work wil need to continue if we want to have a good season. I keep saying that if we create the chances for Chopra he will score.

I'm sure he was disappointed not to start the match but like any decent player, he reacted in the right way.

I just looked at him on the bench and I thought he was keen to get on, he had that look. I'm delighted for him.

The whole team were outstanding - the workrate, there were a few good performers.

I've said it before, if he's from Newcastle or New Zealand, if he can add something, I will sign him.

I thought a draw wouldn't be the end of the world but the players have that desire to win it.

When we scored there were two or three in the box. They just wanted to win the match.

Craig Gordon didn't have too much to do, but what he did have to do, he looked very solid. He's been here three days and straight away he's left an impression on people.

It's a good start for us but there is a long way to go.

It's a different club from two years ago, we have a different attitude and mentality and there's not that many players here from two years ago.

The fans were fantastic. Every fan at the start of the season is not sure what to expect, but they were great.

It's very nice to get three points on the board and in football you get what you deserve and we deserved it.

In football, you cannot relax and we move on to Birmingham on Wednesday.

Match Thread
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 09:36:34 AM by Midknight »

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: August 13, 2007, 06:40:29 PM »
http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=12897

Chopra hungry for more success

By Nick Alexander

Micheal Chopra hopes his dramatic winner against Tottenham will lead to a Sunderland start against Birmingham on Wednesday.

Chopra had to settle for a place on the bench in Saturday's opener but he was still the hero of the day.

The Black Cats go to St. Andrew's looking for a second successive Premier League win and Chopra is certain to be involved.

He said: "You don't want to be arguing with Roy Keane about why he hasn't picked you. He knows what team to pick and when to bring players on.

"This is a big opportunity to show people I can play in the Premiership. Scoring a goal on my debut, hopefully I have started to do that.

"There was never a flicker of doubt in my mind about coming here. I jumped at the chance. When someone like Roy Keane comes in for you, it means a lot.

"I have always said I love scoring, and whether it is my first or last I will celebrate like a madman.

"When I scored for Newcastle against Sunderland it was my first Premiership goal - if it had been against Chelsea or Man United I would have had the same reaction.

"I was desperate for someone to give me that chance in the Premiership and all thanks goes to the manager and Sunderland because he has paid the money for me. I have got to work hard, keep scoring and repay the manager."

Roy Keane, who paid £5m for Chopra this summer, reckons the former Cardiff man has the potential to become a top striker.

He said: "If you create chances for Chops he knows where the back of the net is.

"His goals record is very good - you can't take that away from a player. And today he was as cool as you like with his goal.

"When you talk about the top strikers, a lot of their goals are scored from within the six-yard box, not 25 yards.

"The Van Nistelrooys and the Linekers of this world got a lot of goals from around six yards and we need more of that."

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: August 13, 2007, 06:44:02 PM »
McShane gets top player vote

Paul McShane was voted Sunderland's top player from their 1-0 win over Spurs on Saturday.

In a poll here on safc.com, centre-back McShane, making his Premier League debut, came in front of Nyron Nosworthy and Michael Chopra.

After each game we ask you to pick the Black Cats' man of the match.

Sunderland's top three players against Spurs, voted by the fans, were:

Paul McShane 48%
Nyron Nosworthy 18%
Michael Chopra 15%

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: August 14, 2007, 03:52:19 PM »
Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=475343&in_page_id=1779&ct=5

Keane slams greedy, hen-pecked players
Last updated at 18:31pm on 14th August 2007

Roy Keane has launched a scathing attack on today's hen-pecked football stars and the WAGs culture in the game.

The Sunderland manager says he has no time for players who allow their lives to be controlled by their wives and girlfriends, and who are more likely to be directed by the quality of the local boutiques than by football.

He also accused some players of being driven by money and being obsessed about living in London.

Keane takes his side to Birmingham tomorrow night, where he will be in the opposite dug-out to his former Manchester United team-mate Steve Bruce.

The pair were integral members of an all-conquering mid-1990s United line-up, and Keane admits he would love to be working with the same kind of dressing room mentality.

But the 36-year-old Irishman is coming to terms with the fact that a growing number of players do not have the same single-minded approach to their profession as he and Bruce did.

Keane, who throughout summer has had trouble attracting big names to the Stadium of Light, said today: "It's important you bring the right players to the club.

"You can't always be a Steve Bruce but you can be a character who comes in and gives 100 per cent for the club.

"I have to say I think the game has less and less characters. They are more motivated by lots of different things like money and London and living in shopping areas.

"Really, you're a footballer - when you're retired you can live anywhere you want. But players are very much focused on where they are going to live and a lot of that is down to their partners, who seem to be running their lives anyway.

"It concerns me. It should all be about the football and be a footballing decision."

Keane has never been afraid to speak his mind but this is the first time during his embryonic career in management he has launched such a fierce outburst.

While at United he hit out at the "prawn sandwich brigade" among the Old Trafford crowd and, shortly before he left the club, he criticised team-mates in an interview with MUTV, which was so strong it was never broadcast.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #880 on: August 14, 2007, 04:06:15 PM »
Carlos Arrested and Released

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/chroniclelive/eveningchronicle/tm_method=full%26objectid=19588569%26siteid=50081-name_page.htm

Black Cat drove with wrong licence

Aug 8 2007

by Linda Richards, Evening Chronicle

SUNDERLAND player Carlos Edwards has been driving without a British licence for seven years, it was revealed today.

The seven-year hitch was revealed when he appeared in court after speeding at 97mph, dashing to see his sick baby.

The 28-year-old Trinidad and Tobago international was arrested and brought before magistrates in Gateshead.

His appearance was the third since he was caught speeding on the A194 in Gateshead on May 10.

At 11am on that day, police followed the Sunderland winger for one and a half miles driving his Mercedes Benz in a 70mph limit towards White Mare Pool. He was driving with a Trinidad and Tobago licence and had never applied for a UK licence.

He was summonsed for speeding and driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence and was found guilty on July 9 in his absence.

But because the 28-year-old midfielder already had six points on his licence, magistrates considered disqualifying him from driving under the totting-up procedure and adjourned sentence until last week for him to appear.

When he failed to appear, a warrant was issued for his arrest.

David Mayhew, prosecuting, told magistrates Edwards, who appeared under his full name Akhenaton Edwards, was caught driving at 97.12mph.

When asked by police why he was driving at such speed, he said: “I am meeting my lass. My baby has not been very well.”

Dressed in beige jacket and white shirt, Edwards, of Bay Court, Sunderland, appeared in the dock flanked by two security guards. He only spoke to confirm his details.

Magistrates told Edwards they were giving him another chance and not banning him. Instead they gave him five penalty points and fined £250 with £40 costs.

But he was told he must not drive again until he has a British licence.

His barrister, Lorraine Mustard, had appealed to magistrates not to disqualify the star, who signed for Sunderland in January for £1.5m.

She said on the day he was caught speeding he was told he would receive information through the post, but did not receive anything. It was his intention, she added, to plead guilty but a number of things of a “delicate family nature” had pre-occupied his mind.

Miss Mustard added: “His partner and child are in Watford and he uses his motor vehicle to keep in regular contact with his child, who is still very ill.”
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 04:09:26 PM by Monkey Genius »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: August 14, 2007, 04:41:11 PM »
Edwards, who appeared under his full name Akhenaton Edwards

WTF?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wha de ass Carlos parents was tinkin when dem did sign de butt paypah?  :o :o
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 04:44:00 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: August 14, 2007, 04:53:27 PM »
before it was
"Rolls Royce"
now, it is

"Leadfoot" ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: August 14, 2007, 05:16:19 PM »

Is a very nice African (Egyptian) name. I don't see the problem with it.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: August 14, 2007, 07:12:39 PM »

When u name your pickney Akhe whaever ah go beelee dat.  ;)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: August 14, 2007, 07:42:19 PM »

When u name your pickney Akhe whaever ah go beelee dat. ;)
Alkonaton was a pharroh in the old kingdom of egypt, he was also the father of tutenkhamon the youngest pharroh in known egyptian history, the boy king. so i think his name is a boss name and i will gladly name my kids any of the two names.          positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
Sunderland vs Liverpool
« Reply #886 on: August 14, 2007, 08:09:57 PM »
next 2 Saturdays

i predict a Liverpool win  ;D
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland vs Liverpool
« Reply #887 on: August 14, 2007, 08:14:05 PM »
alyuh men damn idle

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #888 on: August 14, 2007, 08:15:44 PM »
alyuh men damn idle
ah know  ;D
good thing ah didnt do the rest of the year yes  :devil:

doh worry..they go see the inconvenience they does cause other people eventually with they making thread for every lil thing
Feliz

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: August 14, 2007, 08:18:31 PM »
When u name your pickney Akhe whaever ah go beelee dat.  ;)

Alright check mih in the next 5 years or so.

ps: I believe Makandal Daaga named one of his sons Akhenaton

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #890 on: August 14, 2007, 08:23:58 PM »
whats the man name?..Alkonaton or Akhenaton?
btw..Just Cool..ah know u say u like the names etc but yuh wife go be ok with them names?
just curiously positive  ;)
Feliz

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland vs LiverPUDDLE
« Reply #891 on: August 14, 2007, 08:38:43 PM »
alyuh men damn idle
ah know  ;D
doh worry..they go see the inconvenience they does cause other people eventually with they making thread for every lil thing
who "they"?  :devil:
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 07:48:13 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #892 on: August 14, 2007, 08:43:07 PM »
alyuh men damn idle
ah know  ;D
who "they"?  :devil:
"they" know who "they" are  ;)
Feliz

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: August 14, 2007, 09:14:53 PM »
oh lawd i knew this day would come.....i just hope both teams have a good game.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: August 14, 2007, 10:49:45 PM »

Doh matter who win or draw in this one , Everton still on top by 3pts.

Everton the silent assasins.  ;D ;D
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: August 14, 2007, 10:58:16 PM »
btw..Just Cool..ah know u say u like the names etc but yuh wife go be ok with them names?
just curiously positive  ;)

LOL!  Man torkin big and bole on message board and when pickney born...dem end up namin dem chile Vibert or Steve... ;D ;D

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland vs LiverPUDDLE
« Reply #896 on: August 15, 2007, 02:20:37 AM »
oh lawd i knew this day would come.....i just hope both teams have a good game.
Iz ok man, we gobe gentle wid allya liverpuddliens.  :devil:
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 07:47:45 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: August 15, 2007, 06:46:06 AM »
just curiously positive ;)
Not bragin , but i bad from birth, no gyul doh run my show, i am liberal but to a point, but if they cross the line then i gone . as simple as that. i real old fashion and bad to the marrow like super cat.                    positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: August 15, 2007, 07:04:33 AM »
http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=12924

Keane eyes win number two

By Nick Alexander

Roy Keane insists Sunderland will go for broke at Birmingham tonight.

The Black Cats are looking to build on their first-day win over Spurs by making it two wins out of two in the Premier League.

Old rivalries will be renewed at St. Andrew's as two of the promoted teams go head to head.

And Keane, whose side drew 1-1 at Birmingham in a Championship game in February, says his Black Cats are aiming for three points.

He said: "In life, there has to be an element of risk if you want to achieve something. It's not our mentality to go into games looking for draws.

"We'll be going down there to win. We had the chances to win [at Birmingham] in February but they held us to a draw.

"But if we play as well tonight as we did last time we were at St Andrew's, the result will take care of itself.

"Birmingham put on a good show against Chelsea on Sunday and proved that they are a decent side. I think it will be an open game tonight and a good game for the fans."

Sunderland's opening-day victory over Tottenham shocked most of the Premier League, but there was no surprise in Keane's mind.

He said: "The win against Spurs wasn't an upset as far as I am concerned, far from it. We had the best chances, more shots and more corners."

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: August 15, 2007, 01:03:59 PM »
http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=12926

Hysen in reserves squad

By website reporter

Toby Hysen will feature for Sunderland Reserves in a friendly against Durham City tonight (7.30pm).

It will be the Swedish winger's first game since before the Black Cats' pre-season tour of Ireland, which he missed.

Hysen is looking to secure a move back to Sweden after informing Roy Keane that he wants to leave Sunderland for personal reasons.

The Black Cats' team tonight will also include Jack Pelter, the centre-back from New Zealand who is interesting Keane.

Pelter, 19, played for Sunderland in their pre-season game at Sc**thorpe United.

Tonight's game takes place at the Archibald Stadium in Durham.

Sunderland (from): Carson, Kay, Liddle, Donaghue, Weir, Pelter, Sandler, Hysen, J. Richardson, Dowson, Waghorn, Dennehy, Hunter, Colback, Henderson, Cook.

1]; } ?>