May 23, 2024, 06:16:51 AM

Author Topic: Arsenal want young Caribbean star.  (Read 15325 times)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Arsenal want young Caribbean star.
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2007, 02:12:01 PM »
good news  the fact that  he is wanted by two clubs. i remember seeing him playing for tnt U17 funny thing is he wasnt the best on display....guess sometimes its down 2 who wants it more.

by the way i believe barca and arsenal have the 2 best youth systems in the bizness  so he cant go wrong there
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2007, 02:41:28 PM »
Arsenal want young Caribbean star.
By: Staff Writer.

Arsenal want to sign Trinidad and Tobago striker Lester Peltier according to reports over the weekend. 18 year old Peltier has been thought to be attracting the attentions of Cardiff City but Arsenal now look certain to move for the promising youngster.
Peltier currently plays for San Juan Jabloteh who are coached by former England international Terry Fenwick. Fenwick told the News of the World: "Cardiff want Lester and we told Liam Brady at Arsenal they could have him for a few days"
Arsenal currently have on their roster two players with T&T roots in 16 year old defender Gavin and his older brother Justin Hoyte (23) which could make Lester move a more comfortable one.

Sorry, this may be a silly question - but this article was written by a Staff Writer for which media house?

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2007, 02:49:46 PM »
Arsenal will sign him and loan him to us  ;D
Roy Keane's Red & White Army

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2007, 03:08:18 PM »
Hahaha  :D Dream on cartman lol
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline krsrd

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2007, 03:21:27 PM »

Look at Justin Hoyte, spent time with us got some first team experience and he's now getting games for Arsenal, we know how to treat Loan players from the top clubs, unlike Newcastle who loan someone and never play them  ;)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2007, 03:31:09 PM »
This is one of the most misleading articles i have seen here for a while!!

but, all in all, this is still a great opportunity for him to go out and give it all!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2007, 03:33:43 PM »

Look at Justin Hoyte, spent time with us got some first team experience and he's now getting games for Arsenal, we know how to treat Loan players from the top clubs, unlike Newcastle who loan someone and never play them  ;)

After my experience tht
gooly felah i aint a fan of newcastle, never was actually.
Youtube Channel

Offline krsrd

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2007, 03:37:34 PM »

After my experience tht

sorry, just read my post back and it implies in a round about way your a Newcastle fan, I didn't mean it to sound like that!
just another thing for me to have a dig at Newcastle for, the fact they had a young talented player from Man Utd and barely played him even when they had injurys
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 03:39:27 PM by krsrd »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2007, 03:58:58 PM »

After my experience tht

sorry, just read my post back and it implies in a round about way your a Newcastle fan, I didn't mean it to sound like that!
just another thing for me to have a dig at Newcastle for, the fact they had a young talented player from Man Utd and barely played him even when they had injurys
Nah nothin was wrong with ur post jus sayin i never like newcastle. what
ever happen to tht gooly fellah.
Youtube Channel

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2007, 04:01:42 PM »
PELTIER IN BETWEEN CARDIFF AND ARSENAL 

National Youth team striker Lester Peltier spent four days on trial at Premiership giants Arsenal and brushed shoulders with the likes of French forward Thierry Henry and Robin Van Persie.

But the CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh player is now back at Championship Division team Cardiff City and made his first appearance for them on Monday ,  in a Reserve team affair with Hereford. According to reports, Peltier did sufficiently well in the first half before picking up a knock and was taken off by coaches who said they had seen enough of him to continue negotiations of a move to the club. Cardiff won the match 2-1.

But Arsenal youth director Liam Brady is also impressed with Peltier and has indicated to Jabloteh head coach Terry Fenwick that they have not taken their eyes off the former National Under 17 forward.

“He played on Monday and did enough for the coaches before they took him off at half time. They are delighted with what they have seen and have opened up talks on a deal,” Fenwick said.

“But he spent three days at Arsenal and Liam is delighted with his movement off the ball. He brushed shoulders with a lot of the first team guys even as he trained in the Academy. There was a nice touch to it as well when Thierry Henry made sure to tell him that he should make sure and sign with Arsenal because they are one of the biggest clubs in the world.

“We want  to ensure that we do a deal that is best for the kid and that he is well taken care of. It’s a very interesting situation at the moment.”

Fenwick added that talks were ongoing with Cardiff, Milwall and Arsenal in that whichever club the player ends up at will form a partnership with Jablotel.

“This by extension will be a great boost for football in Trinidad and Tobago. This is what the club is about. We have thought long and hard about football in this country and the benefits and we have decided to go the way of developing the younger players and trying to boost the country’s football,” Fenwick said.

He added that Milwall arrives in Tobago on March 22 for a mini-tournament from March 24-28 with Jabloteh and Tobago United. Ajax Amsterdam had to pull out due to the dates but have made a commitment to appear in the future.

“We are looking for another team possibly a T&T youth team and we are going to call it the CLICO Cup and this is planned to take place for the next few years,” Fenwick said.

Colonden Reef in Tobago, owned by an Englishman and M&M Business management headed by Steve Davies are among those supporting the upcoming Cup tournament.

In related news, Jabloteh and T&T World Cup team midfielder Aurtis Whitley departs here on Thursday for Vietnam where he will link up with Hoang Anh Gia Lai (HAGL). Whitley has a contract awaiting him and will spend a few days to see whether he fancies the conditions. HAGL recently teamed up with Arsenal. The partnership will see Arsenal and HAGL share training resources and establish Arsenal's presence in the South East Asian region.

The club will also help support HAGL's technical and academy development, whilst HAGL will build on Arsenal's commercial support base in Vietnam.

Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger recent spoke on the connection, saying "We try to extend Arsenal in many territories, but in a way where we can make a difference with our technical cooperation.” (March 12, 2007.Photo shows Peltier (right) and Jason Marcano with Thierry Henry last week.)

Next > 
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2007, 04:07:58 PM »
you meet them ah wha

no triniman, but i have a brain to pick sense from nonsense!!

Please tell me how they going to make it easier for him due to their "Trini" roots.

well they may relate to him better , make him feel more at home at the club he can integrate better  is  what they talking about..  

explain how dey relating to him better!!

lol.............some ah alyuh just like tuh talk!

oh gosh relate may not the best word andre ....... the youth  may be going to a club(if he get sign) with alot of foreign player etc etc also  he new to the england (dont know if he have family) etc wha they basically saying  is he would feel a bit at home at the club because there are two player with a similar his back ground ....you know may show him around the place the trini spots, the roti shops etcetc etc etc etc.. jeeze an ....  

btw have you ever lived abroad? just asking
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline krsrd

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2007, 04:10:13 PM »

After my experience tht

ever happen to tht gooly fellah

Was that him who came on saying all of Sunderland were racist?
Probably disappointed that everyone realised what a first class f**kwit he is and has crawled back under the skip he came from

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2007, 04:19:38 PM »

National Youth team striker Lester Peltier spent four days on trial at Premiership giants Arsenal and brushed shoulders with the likes of French forward Thierry Henry and Robin Van Persie.

But the CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh player is now back at Championship Division team Cardiff City and made his first appearance for them on Monday ,  in a Reserve team affair with Hereford. According to reports, Peltier did sufficiently well in the first half before picking up a knock and was taken off by coaches who said they had seen enough of him to continue negotiations of a move to the club. Cardiff won the match 2-1.

But Arsenal youth director Liam Brady is also impressed with Peltier and has indicated to Jabloteh head coach Terry Fenwick that they have not taken their eyes off the former National Under 17 forward.

“He played on Monday and did enough for the coaches before they took him off at half time. They are delighted with what they have seen and have opened up talks on a deal,” Fenwick said.

“But he spent three days at Arsenal and Liam is delighted with his movement off the ball. He brushed shoulders with a lot of the first team guys even as he trained in the Academy. There was a nice touch to it as well when Thierry Henry made sure to tell him that he should make sure and sign with Arsenal because they are one of the biggest clubs in the world.

“We want  to ensure that we do a deal that is best for the kid and that he is well taken care of. It’s a very interesting situation at the moment.”

Fenwick added that talks were ongoing with Cardiff, Milwall and Arsenal in that whichever club the player ends up at will form a partnership with Jablotel.

“This by extension will be a great boost for football in Trinidad and Tobago. This is what the club is about. We have thought long and hard about football in this country and the benefits and we have decided to go the way of developing the younger players and trying to boost the country’s football,” Fenwick said.

He added that Milwall arrives in Tobago on March 22 for a mini-tournament from March 24-28 with Jabloteh and Tobago United. Ajax Amsterdam had to pull out due to the dates but have made a commitment to appear in the future.

“We are looking for another team possibly a T&T youth team and we are going to call it the CLICO Cup and this is planned to take place for the next few years,” Fenwick said.

Colonden Reef in Tobago, owned by an Englishman and M&M Business management headed by Steve Davies are among those supporting the upcoming Cup tournament.

In related news, Jabloteh and T&T World Cup team midfielder Aurtis Whitley departs here on Thursday for Vietnam where he will link up with Hoang Anh Gia Lai (HAGL). Whitley has a contract awaiting him and will spend a few days to see whether he fancies the conditions. HAGL recently teamed up with Arsenal. The partnership will see Arsenal and HAGL share training resources and establish Arsenal's presence in the South East Asian region.

The club will also help support HAGL's technical and academy development, whilst HAGL will build on Arsenal's commercial support base in Vietnam.

Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger recent spoke on the connection, saying "We try to extend Arsenal in many territories, but in a way where we can make a difference with our technical cooperation.” (March 12, 2007.Photo shows Peltier (right) and Jason Marcano with Thierry Henry last week.)

Next > 

what wrong with this picture
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2007, 04:20:43 PM »
and brushed shoulders with the likes of French forward Thierry Henry and Robin Van Persie.

Brush shoulders in the lobby?

Dem two not injured and can't train?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2007, 04:22:28 PM »

After my experience tht

Probably disappointed that everyone realised what a first class f**kwit he is and has crawled back under the skip he came from
Yeh i agree to bring racism into tht was bad. but ah a hope arsenal sign d fellah, maybe as u say arsenal will loan him to sunderland, then we have a 3rd trini in sunderland :D
Youtube Channel

Offline krsrd

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2007, 05:06:35 PM »

After my experience tht

Yeh i agree to bring racism into tht was bad. but ah a hope arsenal sign d fellah, maybe as u say arsenal will loan him to sunderland, then we have a 3rd trini in sunderland :D
I hope he has the skill to become a great player if Arsenal sign him, like I said on page 1 they have a history of signing young promising players and then they barely get a game for them, I think the lad would be better off finding a club where he will become a first team regular then in 2 or 3 years if he's that good then the big clubs will come knocking, I suspect at the moment he's showing the early signs of becoming a good player but not quite top class yet otherwise there would be a number of premiership clubs looking at him and Cardiff wouldn't get a mention. I genuinely hope the lad becomes a great player because the legacy that Dwight, Stern and Carlos will hopefully leave at Sunderland will mean that in the years ahead the top players from T'n'T will be looking at the EPL as the league to be in with Sunderland as the club they want to play for rather than the Arsenals, Man Utd, Liverpool & Chelseas and like you say maybe or should I say hopefully, Arsenal will see what it did for Justin Hoyte by coming to Sunderland and give us a few of the up and coming stars (We'd have that Fabregas fella for a couple of seasons)   :praying:  :D ;D

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2007, 05:10:35 PM »
you meet them ah wha

Please tell me how they going to make it easier for him due to their "Trini" roots.

well they may relate to him better , make him feel more at home at the club he can integrate better  is  what they talking about..  

oh gosh relate may not the best word andre ....... the youth  may be going to a club(if he get sign) with alot of foreign player etc etc also  he new to the england (dont know if he have family) etc wha they basically saying  is he would feel a bit at home at the club because there are two player with a similar his back ground ....you know may show him around the place the trini spots, the roti shops etcetc etc etc etc.. jeeze an ....  

Listen to me triniman...........yuh talking real shit!!

Birchall also has trini roots, does that mean he has a similar background to Peltier? steups!!

Just because they are black means that they would take an interest in Trinidad and know the roti shops and the trini spot?

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2007, 05:17:43 PM »
you meet them ah wha

oh gosh relate may not the best word andre ....... the youth  may be going to a club(if he get sign) with alot of foreign player etc etc also  he new to the england (dont know if he have family) etc wha they basically saying  is he would feel a bit at home at the club because there are two player with a similar his back ground ....you know may show him around the place the trini spots, the roti shops etcetc etc etc etc.. jeeze an .... 

Listen to me triniman...........yuh talking real shit!!

Birchall also has trini roots, does that mean he has a similar background to Peltier? steups!!

Just because they are black means that they would take an interest in Trinidad and know the roti shops and the trini spot?

ah love it!!

oh lord  :rotfl: :rotfl:  :devil:
Youtube Channel

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2007, 05:19:04 PM »
you meet them ah wha

Have u ever lived abroad?

When I first moved to Canada, Canadians with Trini roots made it easier for me, and made me feel less like a foreigner. They understood my culture, and could relate to me on a number of topics, ie. food, music, dialect etc.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2007, 05:51:25 PM »
too early 2 get excited..i waitin to see him sign on de dotted line before i get excited...seen it nuff times in de past where players name get mention regarding big contracts and the outcome is ah big phat zero.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2007, 06:58:02 PM »
you meet them ah wha

When I first moved to Canada, Canadians with Trini roots made it easier for me, and made me feel less like a foreigner. They understood my culture, and could relate to me on a number of topics, ie. food, music, dialect etc.

VB

forget Samuel vb he would not understand people like me and you experience it already and know what we talking about... I giving hypothetical  scenario and he try to make shit talk about it.
again you dont know how it is to be a newbie  in  a country wey yuh eh know a damm sole
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 07:07:09 PM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2007, 07:11:16 PM »

U would like that huh Cartman ;D ;D

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2007, 07:15:13 PM »
We have to wait and see what happens. he hasn't signed anything yet, but he looks to be doing well at his trials

People are excited about Arsenal and I could understand why. It is a massive EPL and European team.

But Cardiff is a great option too. They are well in the hunt for a EPL qualification this year and sound like a competitive Championship team where Peltier may see more time right away and develop faster.

Let's wait and see...good luck to the youth.

While Cardiff is a good option I think it makes all the more sense to go to Arsenal. The goal for an 18yr ol should not be "most playing time" but "where can I develop best."

Arsenal of all the EPL teams probably has the best tradition of finding and developing young players. If he stays there he gets to play and improve his game amongst some of the best talents his age.  Also maybe people haven't noticed but Arsenal is also resopnsible for some of the best players on the leading Championship teams. Birmingham, Derby and Sunderland all have Arsenal players making important contributions. He could still go to Cardiff on loan.

Also those players discarded by Arsenal are still considered highly rated players and don't suffer because they couldn't make it. David Bentley is starring at Blackburn, Jermain Pennant is doing well at Liverpool, Pascal Cygan is starting at Villareal, Wiltord is at Lyon etc. Arsenal is good for the Resume.

The choice between Cardiff and Arsenal, if available, is a no brainer.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 07:23:10 PM by dumpalewie »
TnT Patriot

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2007, 07:19:32 PM »
you meet them ah wha

VB

This is very true, before I went to John Hopkins, I was a track athlete at Coppin State University under Coach Ernest Barrett. Me being fresh off the boat, with no relations in Maryland, found myself being befrended my West Indians. They made me feel part of dem (since half the team was from Jamrock and de Caribbean). However when I met Trinis, some ah dem just have Trini roots, never step foot in Trinidad or left Trinidad with only few memoried due to age. Still they treated me like they were family, Indian, Black, Chinee, white etc. They treated me like I was family from de moment I open my mouth. ;D

So this story is believeable, that the Hoyt bros reach out to de man.  ;)

De real question is WHO Go Sign Him????

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2007, 07:22:55 PM »
Good luck to him it would certainly be nice to see a young trini at a top club :beermug:

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2007, 07:33:20 PM »

To me this statement stood out. Not sure if the best way to boost the country's football is to export all the best talent and that's it. It would appear that good footballers cannot be developed in TNT, and the PFL, of which Fenwick is a big time coach is totally secondary. I think when "they" were thinking long and hard it was more about the benefits to them and nothing else.

As I said in an earlier post, I suspect there is no such thing as a professional football league in TNT. Just a bunch of clubs companies trying to make money by selling players.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 07:36:15 PM by Socafan »
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Papachunks

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2007, 07:38:20 PM »
Anybody knows or could mention on what Peltier style is like ?

HE more a physical striker, or plenty touches ?

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2007, 07:41:27 PM »

To me this statement stood out. Not sure if the best way to boost the country's football is to export all the best talent and that's it. It would appear that good footballers cannot be developed in TNT, and the PFL, of which Fenwick is a big time coach is totally secondary. I think when "they" were thinking long and hard it was more about the benefits to them and nothing else.

As I said in an earlier post, I suspect there is no such thing as a professional football league in TNT. Just a bunch of clubs companies trying to make money by selling players.
Maybe you didn't take notice that African countries are getting better and better. Do you think that has anything to do with players playing at a higher level? Do you notice a difference between the National team with and without the European players?
TnT Patriot

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2007, 07:55:05 PM »
Arhmmm............i think REAL people overlook something else dat kinda interesting too............

Buh Peltier...if arsenal want yuh...take it. Doh worry bout bench...yuh go work hard and get yuh chance. The training yuh go get could hardly be matched anywhere ih the world.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2007, 08:04:37 PM »
Anybody knows or could mention on what Peltier style is like ?

HE more a physical striker, or plenty touches ?

watch  him play in this match
in the link  he wearing number 6

http://www.ttproleague.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=319&Itemid=109

1]; } ?>