June 06, 2024, 09:51:30 AM

Author Topic: Mario Balotelli  (Read 166171 times)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Balotelli
« Reply #270 on: December 29, 2010, 12:22:49 AM »
hhhhhmmmm.......ah man did start ah thread some time ago bout Adebayor and end up eating crow for the rest of the season.....hhhhhmmmm :thinking: :devil: ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 29, 2010, 01:54:24 AM »
still toots

just toots cubed now with that easy of hatricks
Better than anything we have though. how i would love to have that "toots" in we national line up. BTW, mario is only 21 yrs old, won't like to see him @ a healthy developed 25yrs old. toots you say huh? ::)
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 29, 2010, 01:55:39 AM »
hhhhhmmmm.......ah man did start ah thread some time ago bout Adebayor and end up eating crow for the rest of the season.....hhhhhmmmm :thinking: :devil: ;D
BTW, whatever happened to that guy ? fly i think his name was.  :devil:

The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 29, 2010, 09:16:27 AM »
still toots

Better than anything we have though. how i would love to have that "toots" in we national line up. BTW, mario is only 21 yrs old, won't like to see him @ a healthy developed 25yrs old. toots you say huh? ::)

thing is i doubt he will developmentally or is yet to show signs that he will

all the natural talent in the world can only go so far in development if his mind doesn't develop

he needs wenger to nuture him  :rotfl:

everyone calls walcott toots dog mind he scored a hatrick for england and arsenal ppl still doubt him

rooney rigth now riding on past glory and yet to shine like he did last season

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 29, 2010, 10:41:56 AM »
still toots

all the natural talent in the world can only go so far in development if his mind doesn't develop

everyone calls walcott toots dog mind he scored a hatrick for england and arsenal ppl still doubt him

Who does call Walcott toots?!  You mad or wha?!  Dah boy is Clint Marcelle and Colin Rocke all wrapped up in one.  The only thing I think he is missing is confidence.   He was all brave and going hard at defences at youth levels but he just seems at times to be a little shy at takin' on the more seasoned veterans.  (maybe is jes' a arsenal thing) but he really proved himself to me in them U-21 playoffs against Germany with them 2 goals he scored.  The boy is good.......he just need some of Michael Owen old fearlessness in him, dize all.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 29, 2010, 12:16:50 PM »
still toots

Who does call Walcott toots?!  You mad or wha?!  Dah boy is Clint Marcelle and Colin Rocke all wrapped up in one.  The only thing I think he is missing is confidence.   He was all brave and going hard at defences at youth levels but he just seems at times to be a little shy at takin' on the more seasoned veterans.  (maybe is jes' a arsenal thing) but he really proved himself to me in them U-21 playoffs against Germany with them 2 goals he scored.  The boy is good.......he just need some of Michael Owen old fearlessness in him, dize all.

fellas always riding theo back dragging him down, thing i admire most about the kid, he works hard and works on the weak parts of his game and always listens to the vets, he still young so i like the improvement shown so far, arsenal always have teams back peddling when he is on

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 29, 2010, 01:10:44 PM »
still toots

fellas always riding theo back dragging him down, thing i admire most about the kid, he works hard and works on the weak parts of his game and always listens to the vets, he still young so i like the improvement shown so far, arsenal always have teams back peddling when he is on

We need two Theo bad bad
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

giggsy11

« Reply #277 on: December 29, 2010, 06:33:17 PM »
Mario will be better than any Arsenal and English player by the next world cup!

giggsy11

« Reply #278 on: December 29, 2010, 07:23:26 PM »
Ade will make a comeback with Fulham or Birmingham by next season, all is noyt lost.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 30, 2010, 11:59:24 PM »

Walcott kinda lacks a football brain at times too....Ball sense as we call it in Trini....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

giggsy11

« Reply #280 on: January 01, 2011, 08:15:46 PM »
EXCLUSIVE: Mario Balotelli:

By Mark Ryan Last updated at 12:12 AM on 2nd January 2011

Mario Balotelli wants to know if the rumours are true. ‘I have heard that people are betting on how quickly I will end up in prison,’ he says. ‘Is this true? It’s all over the internet.’

The 20-year-old striker may have brought a reputation for petulance — some would say wildness – with him when he joined Manchester City in a £24million move from Inter Milan last August, but the young Italian is at pains to stress that his sights are on a Premier League title, not a spell inside.

He insists that the image many in football have of him as troublesome and divisive is unfair and untrue, although training-ground scuffles, notably with City team-mate Nigel de Jong, clashes with managers, including a difficult relationship at Inter with Jose Mourinho and the odd brush with the law over his driving have not helped his cause.

Troublemaker? Mario Balotelli has a reputation for being divisive, but he insists that is unfair
Others have spoken of the positives Balotelli can bring to the game. Carlo Ancelotti, manager of title rivals Chelsea, says: ‘He is one of the best young players in Europe, he has got everything to be successful in the Premier League. It is up to him to become more mature. But if he can play every week, he will soon become one of the most important players in the league.’
Another fellow Italian, Roberto Mancini, his manager at City, goes even further. ‘This is a player with such potential that, if he fulfils it, he could be decisive in every match,’ he says.

The counter-balance to that came in the wake of Balotelli’s low-key hat-trick in the 4-0 victory over Aston Villa last week. Mancini, apparently frustrated by Balotelli’s lack of joy at his achievement, said: ‘When you score three goals in a Premier League game, you should celebrate. Every day I fight against Mario and sometimes I would like to give him a punch.’

Balotelli’s response to that — ‘He couldn’t. I do Thai kick-boxing’ — is symptomatic both of his playful humour and the immaturity highlighted by Ancelotti. The enigma of Balotelli is that while his touch on the field can be sublime, earning him the nickname Super Mario, his temperament and attitude can appear surly, although, in his defence, two penalties and a tap-in against Villa were never going to stir his blood.

Balotelli, left out of yesterday’s Premier League clash with Blackpool because of a knee injury, is adamant that his desire for City to succeed should not be questioned. ‘I want City’s supporters to know this,’ he says. ‘When I heard them chant my name
the other night, as I scored those three goals, it gave me a really warm feeling inside. Sometimes I don’t smile outwardly but I am smiling inside and that is how it was when I heard them.’

Some have suggested Balotelli’s problem is one of feeling lonely and homesick. Others point to his upbringing.
Born in Sicily to a Ghanaian couple, Thomas and Rose Barwuah, Balotelli suffered serious ill-health as a toddler, undergoing a series of operations on his intestines before he had reached the age of two.
Italian social workers, worried about the cramped living conditions of the Barwuahs as they struggled to raise a family in the northern city of Brescia, recommended that Mario should be fostered.

From the age of three, he was cared for by the white Italian couple he now calls his parents.
First Francesco and Silvia Balotelli fostered him, then, as the teenage Mario distanced himself from his own family, he became their adopted son.
Balotelli has suffered from the racism that afflicts the more extreme corners of Italian football, notably from notoriously Right-wing elements among the followers of Juventus.
But hoping to unlock the mystery of Mario is a risky business. Even that master of mind games, Mourinho, confessed that he feared Balotelli would ‘age me prematurely and make me visit a psychiatrist’.

Balotelli dislikes being interviewed and professes to hate journalists, even though his sister, Cristina, one of the Balotellis’ three children of their own, works as one in Italy.
‘I don’t like journalists and I hardly ever talk to them,’ says Balotelli as we talk — in Italian — at Manchester’s Rosso restaurant, an establishment partly owned by Manchester United’s Rio Ferdinand.
‘When I have an argument with my sister, I tell her: “I’m not speaking to you today. Today, you are a journalist”. Later, we make up.’ And he adds: ‘Look at you. Six
newspapers under your arm. What else could you be but a sports journalist?’

His tone is teasing but, nonetheless, Balotelli does not seem to find it difficult to fall out with people.
Only a few weeks ago he appeared to treat Arsenal star Jack Wilshere with disdain, when Balotelli finished first and Wilshere second in the Golden Boy awards, the Under-21 version of the Ballon D’Or for the best player in Europe.
Asked for a comment on the young Englishman, Balotelli is reported to have said: What’s his name? Wil? No, I don’t know him but the next time I play against Arsenal I will keep a close eye on him. Perhaps I can show him the Golden Boy trophy and remind him that I won it.’

In the wake of the furore his remarks provoked, Balotelli now appears more conciliatory, shifting the blame on to those who reported his comments.
‘Look, I really do want to get this across, since you are going to write something,’ he says. ‘I was asked about Wilshere and I didn’t know much about him and the media turned it into a big thing. But now I want to say something else. I watched Jack Wilshere when Arsenal beat Chelsea and you know what? He is  fortissimo”, a really strong player. He is very good. And Arsenal are serious contenders for the title.'
As, of course, are City, although many would still favour Manchester United given their points, games in hand and massive experience at the business end of the title race. The theory is not received warmly by City’s young star.
‘That’s it, bye,’ he says abruptly and suddenly shapes to go. Just when all seems lost suddenly he is sweetness and light again, laughing at his joke.

His penchant for self-parody appears again when he explains his much-publicised brush with the law shortly after he arrived in Manchester in August. He crashed his powerful Audi R8 in a collision with a BMW one morning. The police breathalysed him and he was clear. Balotelli insists that the accident was not his fault but would never happened had he listened to his parents' advice.
‘When I agreed to come to England, my mother said: “Get a car with the steering wheel on the right”,’ he says.
‘My father also said: “Get a car with the steering wheel on the right”. And what did I do? I kept my car with the steering wheel on the left. Now I have taken the advice of my parents and I have a car with the steering wheel on the right. It takes some getting used to, this driving on the left-hand side of the road, but it is getting easier.’

But what of his life in Manchester. Is that getting easier? What of the reports of loneliness and homesickness?

‘Did you ever hear me say that?’ he counters. ‘Sure, it is normal to miss your home and your family but I can see my family and friends here, too. My mother was here just recently, for that match when I scored those goals.’

There have been reports of romantic links with Melissa Castagnoli, a former Miss Italy contestant; and another beauty called Betty Kourakou. But Balotelli refuses to talk about them.

‘I am a very, very private person,’ he emphasises. ‘I know some players like being the centre of attention and I admit that when I first became a player I liked fame, too. But that feeling lasted only for three months. Then I realised what it was really like to be the centre of attention all the time. It isn’t all good.

‘Of course, there are many advantages and I don’t want to sound ungrateful because I know I’m lucky. I know I have a responsibility as a role model to children and I try to fulfil that.’

But he still has to resolve that dilemma of wanting to be with other people and yet knowing that all eyes will be on him when he steps out in public. Unsurprisingly, he feels most comfortable among other Italians and he seems to spend almost as much time with friends in Manchester’s Italian restaurants (especially San Carlo on King Street West) as he does in his penthouse flat at a trendy apartment block.

From there he can walk to his favourite Italian haunts but he prefers to drive the short distance. Sometimes, when he does not feel like eating in public, he parks his car outside and a waiter brings him his favourite pizza, pasta or veal Milanese, or City have his food ferried to his apartment.

Everyone, it appears, is trying to please Balotelli. Mancini, who signed Balotelli when he was managing Inter, has taken him for a private heart-to-heart dinner at San Carlo, while Mancini’s son, Andrea, is said to have befriended the young star.

If it all sounds as though Balotelli has become a spoilt child, others tell a different story.
Foster, one of the maintenance team at Ballotelli’s apartment block, says: ‘Mario treats me really well, he’s a good guy. When I asked him for a signed shirt it was  there in no time. He’s very kind.’

Alan, who sells the Big Issue outside San Carlo, agrees. ‘He often stops to give me a fiver for the magazine,’ he says. ‘Mario’s OK.’

Cynics suggest Balotelli’s loyalty to City may not last too long, particularly if the club’s transfer window interest in Wolfsburg striker Edin Dzeko bears fruit. But Balotelli says he has no intention of cutting short his five-year contract, a deal that earns him a reported £5.8million a year after tax.

‘I don’t know exactly how long I will stay with City but I have the contract and I want to respect it,’ he says. ‘I want to win the league with Manchester City and I think we can do it this season. We have the players.
‘I want to repay Roberto Mancini, too. Since I was 17 he has been the most important coach in my career.  As for Dzeko, Balotelli insists: ‘I couldn’t possibly say what it would mean for me if he comes. But I can tell you this; he is a really, really strong player.’

So if Balotelli is staying at City, is he learning to speak English? ‘I speak English quite well already and it’s getting better,’ he points out, switching effortlessly from his first language. So why did we conduct the whole interview in Italian?
‘You started it,’ he says, with a smile. Perhaps he has been using Mancini’s English
teacher? ‘Mancini has an English teacher?’ says Balotelli, feigning astonishment.
It is another playful jibe, delivered with affection by a young man who does not always wish to take life so seriously.

Rwww.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1343323

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 02, 2011, 12:35:48 AM »
He might be the only thing to stop himself from being one of the best. Especially how it easy for people to take what he doing negatively.

I remember reading an interview once where he said he would only celebrate a goal if it was in a really crucial match like a Champions League or World Cup final.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

giggsy11

« Reply #282 on: January 02, 2011, 08:27:05 AM »
He might be the only thing to stop himself from being one of the best. Especially how it easy for people to take what he doing negatively.

I remember reading an interview once where he said he would only celebrate a goal if it was in a really crucial match like a Champions League or World Cup final.

I think moving to another country and away from his comfort zone/home may help his development as a person. I hope he becomes the best player in the world and all those wonderful Italians get to watch him play for Italy for another 10years.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 03, 2011, 07:11:26 AM »

I hope he becomes the best player in the world and all those wonderful Italians get to watch him play for Italy for another 10years.

Sarcasm??
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 07:13:54 AM by fitzinho »

giggsy11

« Reply #284 on: January 03, 2011, 09:03:04 AM »
I hope he becomes the best player in the world and all those wonderful Italians get to watch him play for Italy for another 10years.

Sarcasm??

Not at all. Some Italians have an issues with him playing for Italy, so I hope he makes it very hard for the coach not to pick him. "They" can enjoy the siight of him in their colours.(that last line was sarcasm)

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: January 03, 2011, 05:13:02 PM »
lol...I know I sensed it somewhere in there  :beermug:

giggsy11

« Reply #286 on: January 18, 2011, 07:23:12 PM »

Balotelli: Rooney's not even best in Manchester

Vocal City striker pokes fun at United rival and criticises Mourinho's mannersBy Jack Pitt-Brooke

Wednesday, 19 January 2011

Independent

Mario Balotelli has declared that he intends to stay at Manchester City until the end of next season before looking to return home to Italy. The controversial striker has also accused Jose Mourinho of lacking manners, asserted that scoring in England is easier than in Italy and suggested that Wayne Rooney cannot even lay claim to being the best striker in Manchester.

In a characteristically candid interview, Balotelli said of Rooney: "He's good, but he is not the best in Manchester." It is Balotelli's way to be jocular in interviews, though that assertion will add further intensity to next month's derby, especially if he wins his race to be fit. The 20-year-old said he does not need an operation on the damaged meniscus in his left knee, although he will not start running again for another three weeks making his chances of a return in time for the game at Old Trafford on 12 February slim.

In a long, rambling and frequently entertaining exchange with La Gazzetta dello Sport, Balotelli, who has made a habit of speaking his mind throughout his brief career in Serie A and now the Premier League, discussed his future in Manchester. He has been linked with a rapid return to Italy. "For this year and one more I'll stay at City," he said, "where I feel benissimo, extremely well." He said that he enjoyed the reception from fans of both Manchester clubs. United fans, he claimed "stop me in the street and tell me 'Mario, come to United'". Of City supporters, he said that their singing his name after a recent hat-trick against Aston Villa gave him goosebumps.

Balotelli suggested Didier Drogba was the strongest striker in the Premier League, named Nemanja Vidic as the best defender but said that Serie A rearguards have greater tactical awareness than those in the Premier League. "The Italians, they are tactically stronger. In England it is easier to score," he said.

He also provided revealing insights into life at City, where Yaya Touré and Emmanuel Adebayor are the most entertaining team-mates. "If I wear some strange shoes, they stick them onto the ceiling of the dressing room with sellotape," Balotelli said. He disclosed details of his banter with Carlos Tevez – "he jokes with me constantly: 'Get your pay suspended, you never play'" – and said the ability of Adam Johnson has been the biggest surprise.

There is an acerbic analysis of his former Internazionale coach Jose Mourinho. "Mancini is two kilometres ahead of Mourinho, wait, make that 10 kilometres," Balotelli said, stating that Mourinho's failure to reply to his own Christmas wishes means that "he is the best coach in the world, but as a man he still has to learn manners and respect."

Balotelli has not played for City since scoring his hat-trick against Villa three days after Christmas. He has found the net five times in nine Premier League outings.

The Balotelli interview: 'City's attack is better than that of Real and Barcelona'

This is an edited extract of an interview with Mario Balotelli in the first issue of Extra Time, a new international football weekly pull-out in La Gazzetta dello Sport.

So how is life in Manchester?

I live right in the centre, in a modern building, with a splendid view. One day my brother Giovanni was in the street, he looked up and said to his girlfriend: 'How nice, Cami, look, they're doing fireworks in Manchester...' but it was me, shooting them off from the ninth floor.

Your neighbours must love that...

You must be joking, they adore me. When I score, they stick little congratulatory notes under my door. At Christmas, they presented me with bottles of wine. But I do not drink.

Did you get Christmas wishes from Jose Mourinho?

I sent them to him, but he didn't answer. He is the world's best coach, but as a man he still has to learn manners and respect.

Silvio Berlusconi has said that Antonio Cassano is the best talent...

He's mistaken, or he doesn't know Balotelli.

Balotelli-Ibrahimovic-Cassano at Milan, ever thought about it?

It's still early. For this year and one more I'll stay at City, where I feel benissimo, extremely well. And then, think about this one: Balotelli-Tevez-Dzeko. Is it not good enough? Can you see anything better than this in the world? Me neither, not even at Barcelona or Real Madrid.

Do you get on with Mancini?

He's the most important coach I've ever had. Soon he'll be No 1 in the world. But already now, in terms of human qualities, he is 2km ahead of Mourinho, wait, make that 10km. He keeps saying to me: 'When I joined Sampdoria from Bologna I already felt I was the best of all. Then I realised how hard I had to work to improve.' I've got the message.

Who has been the biggest surprise for you at City?

Adam Johnson. I did not know him before. He has great technique.

Who is the funniest at City?

Yaya Touré and Emmanuel Adebayor. If I wear some strange shoes, they stick them onto the ceiling of the dressing room with sellotape.

Who has helped you the most?

Many of them, but Patrick Vieira and Aleksandar Kolarov most of all. At Christmas, they invited me to their houses, but in the end I managed to spend Christmas Day with my mother, who arrived that day after they had cancelled her flight because of the snow.

Is Tevez as nasty as they portray him in the English media?

What? Do me a favour... He's as good as they come.

Who is the strongest player in the Premier League?

Didier Drogba.

What about Rooney?

He's good, but not the best in Manchester.

Who is the strongest defender?

Nemanja Vidic.

Do the United fans insult you?

No, they stop me in the street and tell me: 'Mario, come to United.' Honestly. But I'm dreaming of beating United, because I know how much this means to our fans, they are splendid with me. I had such goosebumps when they sang my name after my hat-trick.

Are English defences better than Italian ones?

The Italians, they are tactically stronger. In England it is easier to score.

Have you experienced racist boos in England?

No, they only insult me as an opponent. It has happened to me in Liverpool. I was with some Italian friends, there was an argument with some Liverpool fans.

Do you get Italian friends coming to visit you in Manchester?

Yes, the other day they placed a live lobster in my car. God, did I jump.

How's your English?

Good. I watch movies in English with subtitles on, and learn the sentences. When Charlie talks to us, I understand him more than my journalist sister.

Who is Charlie?

He's an Indian from Kashmir who takes me around and helps me a lot. Then there's Curtis, another driver, who knows everybody in Manchester. At City, I've found a lot of extremely kind people. Also Sheikh Mansour, the owner. Mancini is lucky. He has an owner who speaks little, and only asks him: 'What do you need?'

What does Mancini say about your English?

He can't say anything. His English stinks. But it is improving.

Were you really sad and depressed?

Sometimes I just had no wish to do anything at all, I'd shut myself inside my flat.

Now it looks much better, at least judging from stories about you and Big Brother's Sophie Reade...

Rubbish. English football is as advanced in the stadia as it is backward in the press. Football and tits are mixed up in the tabloids. If a girl says, 'I am the girlfriend of that footballer', they all think it's true. Anything goes, and you cannot defend yourself.

Luigi Garlando

Query:   Independent.co.uk  The WebGo 
©independent.co.uk Terms & Policies | Email newsletter | RSS | Contact us | Syndication | Advertising Guide | Subscriptions | Jobs | Evening Standard | Homes & Property | London Careers

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 18, 2011, 08:05:25 PM »
yeah he dzeko and tevez could be real deadly but time will tell if they could gel together and score the goals

giggsy11

« Reply #288 on: January 18, 2011, 08:20:02 PM »
yeah he dzeko and tevez could be real deadly but time will tell if they could gel together and score the goals

I want to see how Mancini will be dishing out the playing time and how the players will handle it.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 19, 2011, 01:34:41 AM »
cacahole....doh say Freddy Adulini
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 20, 2011, 08:11:46 AM »

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 20, 2011, 08:58:03 AM »
Cristiano Ronaldo tells Mario Balotelli to shut the hell up

http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2011/01/20/cristiano-ronaldo-tells-mario-balotelli-to-shut-the-hell-up

where in this they get "shut the hell up"  ???

“He is a good player but he has to speak less and play more.”

“In the Premier League, if he knows how to listen and wants to learn, he could become a great player. I hope he achieves that.”

“However, today he puts many other things ahead of his career and this is not good.”

Sounded like good advice...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 20, 2011, 10:46:44 AM »

http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2011/01/20/cristiano-ronaldo-tells-mario-balotelli-to-shut-the-hell-up

The day Cristiano Ronaldo giving you sound advice you know you really in dire straits... but somebody needed to say it.  Balotelli coming off like a Grade A dickhead.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 20, 2011, 11:30:23 AM »

The day Cristiano Ronaldo giving you sound advice you know you really in dire straits... but somebody needed to say it.  Balotelli coming off like a Grade A dickhead.

he might fit in good on the Joisey Shore.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 20, 2011, 11:50:59 AM »

Why do you say that? Really I don't see anything wrong with his interview....he was asked questions and he answered it in his opinion...honestly and candidly...and contrary to belief, he actually sounded like he have a sense of humour  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 20, 2011, 12:38:10 PM »
He will continue to play less because of the arrival of Edin Dzeko.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/19/sports/soccer/19iht-SOCCER19.html?_r=1&emc=tnt&tntemail0=y

January 18, 2011
For Manchester City, $43 Million Looks Like a Bargain
By ROB HUGHES
LONDON — The January sales are generally regarded as a gambler’s market.

Teams that buy in midseason are either paying above the odds to correct a fault in their lineup or taking some other club’s discards.

Manchester City’s purchase of Edin Dzeko looks like the exception.

The biggest-spending club in the world, already holding the contracts of eight forwards, all from different nations, has just spent £27 million, or $43 million, to buy the Bosnian striker from Wolfsburg in Germany.

Take his salary over a 41/2-year contract into account, and you more than double the price that City’s Abu Dhabi owner is willing to pay for just one element to the team.

First impressions are that it is not madness at all. Dzeko is a towering physical specimen with a presence about him that suggests he knows where he is going in life, and how to get there.

On the field, of course, we know his pedigree. Goals are not everything in his game, but he arrives from the Bundesliga, where he scored 66 goals in 111 appearances and where he ended up captaining Wolfsburg after it took a €4 million, or $5.4 million, chance on his raw potential in 2007.

“I had three and a half beautiful years with Wolfsburg,” he said, in near flawless English. “I was part of history there because Wolfsburg had never won the Bundesliga title before.

“Now, I am here. It’s something different. The fans are different, and the game is different. It’s more harder than in Germany, but I saw something else in Manchester City. They have a very big ambition, and I am ambitious also. Everybody says it’s the best league; we’ll see.”

Dzeko plays as he speaks. He has a calm assurance about him, a hint of control. It comes not from his looming 1.92-meter, or almost 6-foot-4, height, but the way that he moves. He has presence, and you see it the moment he walks into his new surroundings.

At the City training fields, he is first to walk forward, to offer his handshake. The City players are a multitude of nationalities, but armed with four languages — Bosnian, Czech, German and English — there is not much he cannot say to any of them.

His English is already more fluent than that of City’s coach, Roberto Mancini, or the team captain, Carlos Tévez. It is his fourth language in a career that has moved from Bosnia to the Czech Republic, to Germany and now England.

But it is the openness of Dzeko that stands apart. The news media ask him about his childhood. “I had a difficult growing up,” he replies. “What happened in my life happened because I work hard. I have no pressure because I know what I can do. Outside of football, my family is the most important, because I never had success without my family.” Unmarried, at 24, his family is his father, Midhat; mother, Belma; and sister, Merima. The Dzekos are Muslims from Doboj, in northern Bosnia. “I had a very sad childhood in the midst of the siege,” Dzeko said in City’s official program from his first game in the United Kingdom, last Saturday. “Our home was destroyed so we had to move in with our grandparents in Sarajevo.

“The whole family — maybe 15 people — were crammed into an apartment of 35 square meters. I was only young, and I cried often. Every day, you could hear guns firing. We lost friends and some relatives. The memory does not leave you.” When the war was over, Dzeko says, there was not much that could intimidate or frighten him.

There was, in this traumatized boy’s mind, a famous image. He adored Andriy Shevchenko, the Ukrainian striker of A.C. Milan.

The dream was there, the talent in Dzeko was not initially apparent. His father took him daily to the Sarajevo team FK Zeljenicar. But the growing lad played as a midfielder and seemed too tall, too awkward, in that role.

He laughs today at the memory of one Zeljenicar official boasting that the club had won the lottery the day that it received €25,000 from the Czech team Teplice for his transfer. From there, Felix Magath, the coach of Wolfsburg, took him to Germany.

Wolfsburg’s rise to the title was built on Bosniak and Brazilian lines.

Dzeko and Grafite scored the goals; Zvjezdan Misimovic and Josué fed them the passes.

Among the growing admirers, the respected coach Ivica Osim, a veteran and much travelled tactician, called Dzeko “a striker of the future.”

That future is taking shape now in Manchester. Dezko arrived without having played a game for 30 days because of the winter break in Germany, but he was pitched straight into the City lineup last Saturday.

He did not score, but he did lay on a goal with the deftest of passes for Yaya Touré. He did not excel, as Carlos Tévez did, with a fantastic solo goal as the Argentine slalomed his way past three Wolverhampton defenders inside the penalty box.

But Dzeko kept £109 million of surplus Manchester City talents on the bench, watching him play. His performance gave hints of the ability and awareness — and above all the presence — he has as a leader of the attack.

To emerge as the regular partner to the smart, industrious, diminutive Tévez, the new player will have to see off the challenges for that role.

They include Mario Balotelli, the volatile Italian favored by his coach, Mancini.

They include the tall Togo international Emmanuel Adebayor, the Brazilian Jo, and a trio of others already sent out on loan to play for other teams.

Manchester City’s ruthless recruitment, spending beyond the means of even Chelsea or Real Madrid or Manchester United, has its new attacking cornerstone.

Edin Dzeko, a child of war, a youngster discarded by his home club, looks and sounds the man to take on that mantle. A Unicef ambassador who visits children traumatized by conflict in his homeland, he has no fear for his future.

“If I can help, it’s something special,” he says of his Unicef mission. “If I can help, I’m there.” Millions of City’s fortune rides on him being the same man on the field.

Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 20, 2011, 01:08:42 PM »
Balotelli eh talkin' no more than anyone else.

Allyuh gettin orn like this is the first footballer with an ego. 

The difference is in the attention that he's getting. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 20, 2011, 01:09:49 PM »

The difference is he ent accomplish shit yet, but yet he talking like he so much better than everybody else.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 20, 2011, 01:12:56 PM »

The difference is he ent accomplish shit yet, but yet he talking like he so much better than everybody else.

Not saying he better than everybody else...but I think he won a treble and YPOY award..at 19 (ah think) that's a lot!

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 20, 2011, 01:49:00 PM »

Not saying he better than everybody else...but I think he won a treble and YPOY award..at 19 (ah think) that's a lot!

Big Up!

Please... he wasn't even a star on his own team at the time.

1]; } ?>