June 09, 2024, 05:04:36 AM

Author Topic: Maturana takes up senior coaching job.  (Read 150613 times)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana takes up senior coaching job.
« Reply #660 on: February 20, 2009, 12:04:04 AM »
That was very Controversial .

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: February 20, 2009, 12:39:52 AM »

me eh know... but he was always trying to be a CONTROVERSIAL fella
seriously, was he banned?

Oh god jus cool... read between de lines nah... de man is still among us
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: February 20, 2009, 01:15:47 AM »
TI is so Controversial oui.... :beermug:

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: February 20, 2009, 04:34:52 AM »

me eh know... but he was always trying to be a CONTROVERSIAL fella
seriously, was he banned?

Oh god jus cool... read between de lines nah... de man is still among us
Breds is long time i hearing omaraldino calling assrancid (true trini) and controversial( TI ) but i thought he was ready too much into it, it's not that i slow, but rather , i didn't believe the hype. oh well, i guess i will have to reconsider.  thanx .           positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
April 9, D-day for Maturana
« Reply #664 on: April 02, 2009, 08:03:07 PM »
April 9, D-day for Maturana
By Nigel Simon (T&T Guardian)

The fate of Soca Warriors coach, Colombian Francisco Maturana and his technical staff which includes assistant coach/player Russell Latapy, is to be the main topic of discussion at a T&T Football Federation (TTFF) emergency technical meeting on April 9.

The meeting is expected to take place at Concacaf’s Port-of-Spain office and will be chaired by T&TFF special advisor and Concacaf president, Jack Warner.
Those expected to be in attendance are members of the Soca Warriors technical staff and other executive members of the local Federation, as Maturana’s tenure as coach comes under scrutiny.

This has been occasioned by the Warriors’ embarrassing 3-0 defeat by the United States of America in their Concacaf Final Round Qualifier in Nashville, Tennessee on Wednesday night, leaving this country at the bottom of the six-team group on two points, the same as El Salvador. The USA tops the table with seven points followed by Costa Rica (6) Honduras (4) and Mexico (3) with seven matches still to be played by each team.

The Special Adviser when asked to comment on Wednesday night display replied : “I think it was way below expectations of a team that is aspiring to be among the qualifiers for the World Cup Finals in South Africa next year.” “My concern is that we are not getting the required results. Results are all that matter at the moment and we have to start getting the right ones from the next match”, he said.

Maturana, who has come in for earlier criticism from the local media and coaches alike, has twice taken his homeland to the World Cup Finals and will be buoyed by the fact that T&T also had one point after three matches in 2005 when Dutchman Leo Beenhakker took over the reigns from Bertille St Clair and led T&T to Germany in 2006.One local club manager who prefers to remain anonymous said that the only good thing with the team’s situation is that there are two full months before the next match against Costa Rica at home June 6. T&T is also ‘away’ to Mexico on June 10.

“Whether it’s a coaching change or wholesale changes in the team, it’s clear that something has to be done.” The local club manager who has led his club to a host of local and regional triumphs was adamant that the national coach had no idea which was his best team. He added : “I can’t imagine we are three matches into the final phase of qualification and our coaching staff still does not know their best squad yet.”

Asked to comment on the performance against the Americans, the well respected manager and freelance commentator said : “It was pathetic and more than that, there are still more questions than answers in terms of our team selection.” “The funny thing is that we were playing poorly but up until the USA scored its second goal midway into the second-half, we were just a goal away from being level in the match.”

Questions must also be raised in terms of how we used our substitutes as I saw no problems why Russell Latapy did not introduce himself just as he did against Honduras.” “The introduction of striker Jason Scotland for Keon Daniel also meant we had three similar players up front with Stern John and Kenwyne Jones up front. “Our three strikers were all playing the same way, with their backs to the goal.”

“Christopher Birchall and Clyde Leon were the two defensive midfielders used, but when Birchall was replaced by Hyland, it left Leon with a lot more responsibility and that’s when the Americans scored their other goals.” “The three goals we conceded against USA all came via our wingbacks. I can’t understand why we have a guy who went to the 2006 Fifa World Cup in Anthony Wolfe playing as a right back and then you replace him during the match with a guy (Makan Hislop) who has played as a central defender for all his life.”

With regards to the coach he said, “All I could tell you is that I feel coach Maturana has been given many chances while some players like Trent Noel have not got a chance at all.” “This is the final round of qualification. Everything counts here and now is decision time, whether its with the staff or players. Terry Fenwick, a former England international and coach of T&T Pro League club, Clico San Juan Jabloteh was also of the opinion that Maturana still does not know his best team.

“Whether the coach remains in the job or not is not my decision, but what I can say is that as a team I have seen much better organisation and discipline by some teams in the Pro League than what was offered by the Warriors on Wednesday night. “We were very, very. poor in too many areas, added Fenwick who has led Jabloteh to back-to-back Pro League club titles. “I think our team selection on the night left a lot of people, including myself. flabbergasted.”
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 08:12:16 PM by Tallman »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: April 9, D-day for Maturana
« Reply #665 on: April 02, 2009, 08:04:33 PM »
Emergency meeting in 7 days ::) ::)
I guess it betta than nothing
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: April 02, 2009, 08:05:02 PM »
Holy thursday dey waitin till thu 2 fire dat fool. What he gettin some hot cross buns wit d pink slip.What u cyah fire a coach durin lent.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: April 02, 2009, 08:07:33 PM »

Emergency and u wait till thu.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: April 02, 2009, 08:10:51 PM »
Guess it's because Mr Warner is going to be in Egypt for the next few days.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: April 02, 2009, 08:15:32 PM »
 'Smoking Mirrors'...................If the powers to be are serious about doing something, they will not wait until April 09th. Meeting should have been done today and the post morterm  decisions should happen promptly.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: April 02, 2009, 08:21:09 PM »
Jokers yes
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: April 02, 2009, 08:23:16 PM »
'Smoking Mirrors'...................If the powers to be are serious about doing something, they will not wait until April 09th. Meeting should have been done today and the post morterm  decisions should happen promptly.

Exactly

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: April 02, 2009, 08:23:49 PM »
Guess it's because Mr Warner is going to be in Egypt for the next few days.

Dey could meet on msn if dey wanted 2

truetrini

« Reply #673 on: April 02, 2009, 08:24:04 PM »

Smoke and mirrors or smoking mirrors?

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: April 02, 2009, 08:28:07 PM »
7 days..

alyuh aint fed up...??
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Corbeaux

« Reply #675 on: April 02, 2009, 08:34:35 PM »
Their decision will be made by Sunday...at this point they just trying to save face for Maturana which looks like time wasting but they are really assesing their options for a foreign coach as well.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: April 02, 2009, 08:37:52 PM »
Their decision will be made by Sunday...at this point they just trying to save face for Maturana which looks like time wasting but they are really assesing their options for a foreign coach as well.

and why it is so important "to save face for Maturana".?????....what makes him so special that he cant be fired right now??..How come Mexico aint save Eriksson face??...we not serious about our football at all.....when is time to sack a coach you sack him!..you dont have to sack him after you are guarantee a replacement...TTFF disrespecting the fans...steupse..

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: April 02, 2009, 08:39:43 PM »

Dat assessment should have strted ah ready. If yuh tell meh he crunchin d numbers I could live wit dat. U feel Mexico now wonderin who replacin Swen.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: April 02, 2009, 08:40:48 PM »
..and what is their to DISCUSS at this meeting on April 9th with Maturana??..our previous games are proof that his coaching methods wont work, so Jack and dem going to discuss how he should improve his methods??..steupse..

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: April 02, 2009, 08:41:31 PM »

Ah hope so for all ah we sake!!! :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: April 02, 2009, 09:01:34 PM »
Fenwick for T&T COACH

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: April 02, 2009, 09:13:25 PM »
All yuh, this is Jack style.  He is giving himself 7 days  to find the new coach.  He is just waiting to be sure who the next coach is and then he will announce that Maturana is fired and name the new coach.  At least that is my prayer fro the next seven days!  Now Maturana should jump be he is pushed off the cliff.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: April 02, 2009, 09:16:19 PM »
All yuh, this is Jack style.  He is giving himself 7 days  to find the new coach.  He is just waiting to be sure who the next coach is and then he will announce that Maturana is fired and name the new coach.  At least that is my prayer fro the next seven days!  Now Maturana should jump be he is pushed off the cliff.

If he quits we eh owe him no money. Like he eh get enough 4 d scam he runnin on we since ash wed 08

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: April 02, 2009, 09:23:09 PM »

Emergency and u wait till thu.
Jack busy trying to make a new newspaper headline for the UNC. so he cant meet earlier.

Fire Maturana. Hire Fenwick and Shabazz.  Hope them can work together. but i fraid Shabazz will make sure Theobald play   :(

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: April 02, 2009, 09:33:14 PM »
He could send Mats ah text from Egypt....ent dats de way everybody communicating these days

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: April 02, 2009, 09:54:08 PM »
He could send Mats ah text from Egypt....ent dats de way everybody communicating these days

True dat :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: April 02, 2009, 10:40:44 PM »
Allyuh people real simple when allyuh ready dred.  Yuh don't fire somebody unless yuh already have somebody in line to replace them.  The next seven days (assuming the decision has already been made with Maturana) will be spent in negotiations with the candidate/s for the national job.

God-willing de Angel Gabriel heself come down with ah stone tablet with Fenwick name on it... because he's de man we need, he's the man who capable at this juncture... and Lord knows it will take an act of God for Jack to see past the petty disagreements to give him the job.

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: April 02, 2009, 10:53:38 PM »
What Fenwick do to make yuh feel that? Win Pro league? What else has he done to make yuh feel he is the man to do the job as international coach?
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: April 02, 2009, 11:01:00 PM »
Allyuh people real simple when allyuh ready dred.  Yuh don't fire somebody unless yuh already have somebody in line to replace them.  The next seven days (assuming the decision has already been made with Maturana) will be spent in negotiations with the candidate/s for the national job.

God-willing de Angel Gabriel heself come down with ah stone tablet with Fenwick name on it... because he's de man we need, he's the man who capable at this juncture... and Lord knows it will take an act of God for Jack to see past the petty disagreements to give him the job.
I am sorry, I kinda out ah the loop on this Fenwick and Jack argument. Why does Jack don't like Fenwick? I think that Fenwick can do a good job with our players, he knows them well and after reading his comments about Mataruna and those subs, it's clear Fenwick is very educated on our players. Also if for some reason he is offered the job, will he have to quit Jabloteh or can he keep that job while being the national coach?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #689 on: April 02, 2009, 11:02:51 PM »
What Fenwick do to make yuh feel that? Win Pro league? What else has he done to make yuh feel he is the man to do the job as international coach?

my sentiments exactly, steve hart is the man for the job, led canada, played in tt, knows all the top players and is a real good coach, fenwick couldnt even make in england and i honestly dont think he will bring a brand of football better than maturana, maturana was a decent coach against latin countries, his short passing style is exactly what we needed... there are 2 ways to look at this, was losing to the US already in the cards, i see people totally avoiding that persepctive.

1]; } ?>