June 07, 2024, 07:52:30 AM

Author Topic: MEXICO V JAMAICA  (Read 12479 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: MEXICO V JAMAICA
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2008, 07:55:53 PM »
JA 1-0 about 3 minutes left

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2008, 07:57:15 PM »
JA 1-0 about 3 minutes left

thanks  :beermug:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2008, 08:00:38 PM »
GAME DONE JA WIN!!!!!!
ENT AH SAY SO

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2008, 08:01:23 PM »
Ah hope this eh 'goat mouth'  :liar: but Jamaica handling Mexico  real good tonight.   :banginghead: :banginghead: :thinking: :praying: :praying: I could see Jamaica winning this one. Congrats Jamaica.

It has come to  pass.JAMAICA wins

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2008, 08:01:32 PM »
WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2008, 08:01:56 PM »
now what????? Yu see how stadium pack .. now dats supporters of football!!!!!!!
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2008, 08:02:19 PM »
Good win for Jamaica.It shows dat experiment ting for World Cup is sh!t.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2008, 08:02:27 PM »
Congrats JA. ah thought that ref would never blow de whistle.

now for the Warriors to get it done.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2008, 08:04:27 PM »
Good win for JA !!..I've seen most of their games this year and this was their best performance for the year... i hope they will raise their game for the last two..

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2008, 08:05:03 PM »
Congrats JA

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2008, 08:11:00 PM »
Let d JA invasion commence
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2008, 08:36:53 AM »
That win for Jamaica was expected because Mexico have not lived up to their reputation as top dogs in the region.They have won their matches but none were really convincing as you would normally expect.I dont expect a glut of goals from them but their victories were were not comfortable ones,the kind we know about.I feel Honduras could beat them,that would end the Yard's dream.Just a little mention bout TT,if we continue to play like we did yesterday then we could take a point off the USA or even beat them,the latter seems quite possible,a big win against the Cubans is expected.We are almost there.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2008, 09:00:30 AM »
That win for Jamaica was expected because Mexico have not lived up to their reputation as top dogs in the region.They have won their matches but none were really convincing as you would normally expect.I dont expect a glut of goals from them but their victories were were not comfortable ones,the kind we know about.I feel Honduras could beat them,that would end the Yard's dream.Just a little mention bout TT,if we continue to play like we did yesterday then we could take a point off the USA or even beat them,the latter seems quite possible,a big win against the Cubans is expected.We are almost there.

Mexico is CONCACAF's top team, have been, and will continue to be. For all the dominance the USA has had over the years, they are yet to attain the heights Mexico has attained in world football. The Mexicans have been the most consistent nation in CONCACAF, and have the human and financial resources to match any team in the world, including the USA. When last Brazil beat Mexico?

Its funny that you say Jamaica was expected to win this game, after the fact, a far cry for the predictions that everyone were making prior to the start of the semi-final rounds. Jamaica's dilemma right now is that we could win all their remaining games and still not progress, a problem that we put ourselves in after Simoes introduced a number of inexperiende players in the firt round of this round.  Honduras is playing good football, and in my mind, look good for a spot in South Africa, and perhaps deserve it more than Jamaica.  Canada was a hot favorite to advance with Mexico from the group...they have already been eliminated, and looks to be the beating stick of the group.

T&T is not out the woods either. You and Guatemala will battle it out down to the wire to see who makes it with the USA. It will come down to who gets the better reult vs USA in the remaining games.....and who can put more goals in the Cuba Net.

Advantage T&T.

By the way, that goal by Fuller was world class.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 09:04:26 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2008, 09:04:15 AM »

Mexico is CONCACAF's top team, have been, and will continue to be. For all the dominance the USA has had over the years, they are yet to attain the heights Mexico has attained in world football. The Mexicans have been the most consistent nation in CONCACAF, and have the human and financial resources to match any team in the world, including the USA. When last Brazil beat Mexico?

Its funny that you say Jamaica was expected to win this game, after the fact, a far cry for the predictions that everyone were making prior to the start of the semi-fianl round. Jamaica's dilemma right now is that they could win all their remaining games and still not progress, a problem that we put ourselves in after Simoes introduced a number of inexperiende players in the firt round of this round.  Honduras is playing good football, and in my mind, look good for a spot in South Africa. Canada, the team everyone was hyping as the best team in the group behind Mexico, has already been eliminated. The group of Death is living up its billing.

T&T is not out the woods either. You and Guatemala will battle it out down to the wire to see who makes it with the USA. It will come down to who gets the better reult vs USA in the remaining games.....and who can put more goals in the Cuba Net.

Advantage T&T.

Your team played very well. Mexico didn't make any significant inroads in the game even though they had greater possession in the second half. Your coach did a really good job and made Sven look ordinary.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 09:18:48 AM by Jah Gol »

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2008, 09:08:02 AM »

Its funny that you say Jamaica was expected to win this game, after the fact, a far cry for the predictions that everyone were making prior to the start of the semi-final rounds. Jamaica's dilemma right now is that we could win all their remaining games and still not progress, a problem that we put ourselves in after Simoes introduced a number of inexperiende players in the firt round of this round.  Honduras is playing good football, and in my mind, look good for a spot in South Africa, and perhaps deserve it more than Jamaica.  Canada was a hot favorite to advance with Mexico from the group...they have already been eliminated, and looks to be the beating stick of the group.

Advantage T&T.

By the way, that goal by Fuller was world class.

Both Ja an TnT faltered with that inexperience sh!t Now they are both rushing to bring back their experience players ??? Why they did'nt do this from the start baffles me

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2008, 09:14:37 AM »
Excellent goal by Fuller, I admired their fight in this game. Good lesson for us to follw as we host USA Wednesday, we must be physical and press the US for every blade of grass and disrupt their game as JA did!
Tremendous effort JA well done

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2008, 09:56:13 AM »
Lets get this right,no one is disputing the fact that Mexico is the best but they just haven't looked the team we know they can be,they were below par against Jamaica and if they play like that against Honduras they would be beaten,that would be bad for the Yard.Yes both TT and Yard messed up with their selection policy and that is why we are where we are presently.I still hope that both teams get through but realistically TT stands a better chance although you can never make judgements in sports.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2008, 12:27:42 PM »
Lets get this right,no one is disputing the fact that Mexico is the best but they just haven't looked the team we know they can be,they were below par against Jamaica and if they play like that against Honduras they would be beaten,that would be bad for the Yard.Yes both TT and Yard messed up with their selection policy and that is why we are where we are presently.I still hope that both teams get through but realistically TT stands a better chance although you can never make judgements in sports.

Look at it another way. They look below par because they are playing  in a tough group. There are no weak teams in the group, no Cubas or Surinames for the Mexicans to clobber 8-0 in the Azteca. On paper, Honduras, Canada, and to a lesser extent Jamaica has enough quality players in their side to beat Mexico on their day, as evidenced by last night win for Jamaica. This group didnt get the "group of death" title by accident. Something tells me that the teams from this group that make it to the Hex will find things easier when they get there. But I might be wrong.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2008, 03:39:23 PM »
Congratulations Jamaica...good win....good luck against Honduras...I expect you to defeat them as well...Well done Mr.Barnes great good and good 1st win and beautiful strike....I think it wouldnt hurt our Trini team to take a couple notes from how Jamaica fought in this game when we play the U.S on Wednesday.....

Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2008, 04:02:54 PM »
That Honduran team will not want to depend on beating Mexico in their final game to ensure qualification. They will be playing for a win in Kingston I feel. It will be a great match for the neutral.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2008, 04:37:25 PM »
That Honduran team will not want to depend on beating Mexico in their final game to ensure qualification. They will be playing for a win in Kingston I feel. It will be a great match for the neutral.

After taking a look at the three goals Honduras scored to sink Canada, I have to say their offence look to be the best I've seen so far in this round. And I say this without seeing Costa Rica play yet in this round. It will take more than one goals to settle this one.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2008, 05:06:43 PM »
allyuh watch wildness in that game.. mexicans say, yo, we have club careers to go back to, let dem take win.  I feel if JA carry on they go get ban from intl football.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2008, 05:48:21 PM »
allyuh watch wildness in that game.. mexicans say, yo, we have club careers to go back to, let dem take win.  I feel if JA carry on they go get ban from intl football.
With all due respect to you my friend ! dat statemant had bias written all over it! yuh sound like yuh jelous yard won and we drew.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 05:50:32 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2008, 05:55:01 PM »
i watch this game last night, and for all their fight and determination it just remind me some more why i despise that ugly jamaican brand of football so much..

de bolton wanderers of concacaf...

minimal skill (apart from jamal ryce on de right) on display..

men just kicking the ball and running and pushing they way through.. i see a play a man kick the ball straight to a mexican run to him and push him down then keep going forward in 1 straight line...

is only pegs up wild tackle pelting and blade sharing.. and dem men doh look too coordinated either..

all the same congrats to them on their win, i hope they make the hex as i think we will quicker beat them than either of mexico or honduras.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2008, 06:01:47 PM »
Yuh know sometimes it's baffling to see trini's supporting dem dutty spanish team over the regional teams.

aye dem spanish does show us time and time agian how much they dispise we! when we go there to play them they does disrespect & belittle we not just as footballers but as human beings.

it's like allyuh eh see what taking place with the football here or what! if trini or jamaica don't make the hex then it will most likely look like this with no caribbean representation.just pure central american teams and the USA.

THE HEX
                         USA                 COSTA RICA
                        MEXICO              HUNDURAS
                        EL SALVADOR       GUATEMALA
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 09:19:23 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2008, 06:52:31 PM »
Tru dat Just Cool and Omarldinho  :applause: ...we need Jamaica to make it to the HEX with we....its about representing, keeping consistency and continuing the further development in the region and cutting Jamaica ass which iz an added bonus of 3 points...
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2008, 06:54:35 PM »
i watch this game last night, and for all their fight and determination it just remind me some more why i despise that ugly jamaican brand of football so much..

de bolton wanderers of concacaf...

minimal skill (apart from jamal ryce on de right) on display..

men just kicking the ball and running and pushing they way through.. i see a play a man kick the ball straight to a mexican run to him and push him down then keep going forward in 1 straight line...

is only pegs up wild tackle pelting and blade sharing.. and dem men doh look too coordinated either..

all the same congrats to them on their win, i hope they make the hex as i think we will quicker beat them than either of mexico or honduras.

Sour grapes as usual.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2008, 07:19:52 PM »
When last Brazil beat Mexico?

Very recently..the last time they played each other actually. i think it was a friendly in Boston and Brazil buss dey ass 3-1.  :devil:

Anyhow, I happy JA won. Doh usually care too much bout what happening to JA but from the earlies I tell allyuh JA beating Mexico. Mexico is nutten special when they come to the caribbean. Look at our record against them in the last 2 WC qualifiers. They beat us once when Bertille had us playing rellllll shit. I remember in WC 2002 qualifying, Angus get sent off in de 1st half and Mexico still couldn't beat us. Jamaica will also beat Honduras and Canada at home. De only way JA not making the Hex is if Honduras beat Mexico (there are other result combinations..but they include Canada taking points..and Canada eh doing nutten tis rounds). I feel Mexico and JA going thru from this group...Honduras good for a choke

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2008, 09:12:51 PM »
Y we does have 2 b d flag bearers of Cbbean unity. If d JA brand ugly it ugly
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2008, 04:54:54 AM »
Y we does have 2 b d flag bearers of Cbbean unity. If d JA brand ugly it ugly

Not sure exactly waht was ugly about Jamaica's play vs Mexico. If anything, I see a wonderful lobbed goal, which almost had Adres Cantor the famed Mexican commentator peeing on himself.

1]; } ?>